BFL WEEKEND

RE: BFL...let's ROCK the WEEKEND

Good Saturday morning. How are you fine ladies???

I started off the weekend this morning with iCycle 9 (I think it was 9, lol), 40 minutes and Ab Boot Camp. I logged over 10 miles and LOVED the change from running to the bike...although I was swearing while cycling, lol)

I made it thru the school's Christmas Dinner last night very well. I had a salad with balsamic vinegar, a slice of turkey and prime rib, and roasted potatoes...NO DESSERT, NO DRINKS! YEAH! Feeling VERY good about that.

My Aunt from MA is in town, and we're all going to the Farmer's Market today. Good for buying veggies, bad when it comes to eating lunch there, which is our tradition. BUT I WILL SUCCEED. I will choose something clean or I will eat NOTHING. Those will be my choices. No grey area. Then tonight's Bunco Night out with the girls will be my final temptation before Free Day tomorrow.

Ladies....I've got to shower. LET'S ROCK THE WEEKEND, OK???

Gayle

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

On my way out to the gym. Decided to do the elliptical for my HIIT. I had Step Blast pulled out, but decided against it. I printed off a good interval workout from Sparkpeople.com for the elliptical so that is on the agenda for today.

Gayle~ Great willpower at the Xmas party! Have a great time at the Farmer's Market today!

Feeling worse today, than yesterday. My throat is raw, and my voice is almost gone (BF says this is a good thing:)).. No fever though.

What is everyones plans for the weekend?

BBL
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Good Morning,:)

Hello Gayle and Jennifer,
Great job for getting in your workouts today. I still wish I had a bike or even an elliptical. Not going to happen this year.:( The big Cayman trip made sure of that. Oh well maybe next year!:)

Gayle: Why were you swearing while riding your bike?

I woke this morning with a blasting headache. I have to go for one of my nut runs....meaning I run until my headache is gone. But I have to be ready to drive DD to her eye appointment and then get some groceries for the weekend.

Yesterday I didn't get in my workout because it was again one of thoughs days.:( Maybe that's why I have a headache today. When I get my schedule off I usually end up with a headache.

Today's goal:

Get in my complete workout from yesterday and run like a mad woman!

I hope everyone has a great day no matter what your plans are.

BBL :D

Hey guys!

Heidi - LOL. I was swearing on the bike because it hurt! lol My quads really get fired up doing an iCycle workout. So although I loved the workout, I hate it at the same time! lol Hope your headache is gone soon!

Jennifer-why do they always think we're better when we have no voice? LOL My kids love when that happens.

Gayle

Hell there. Finally back again. Work was hectic and had a busy Thanksgiving weekend. Back is finally ok enough to do some cardio. Tried abs...nope, not yet. I only did the 4 cardio segments from Step Jump & Pump FitTV last night. It's only 20 minutes, but a good workout to get me back on track. That's my plan for today if I get off my butt and out of my pjs!

Colleen

Hey everyone,

Colleen: Sooo did you get out of your pj's? I hope you did your workout! But take it easy the first week back so you don't hinder your recovery. :)

I went out and didn't get back until late this afternoon.
Finally got in that workout myself. First, warm-up with GS Chest & Tri..went on to iTread Set 1 40min, then back to do the GS workout and stretch.

My headache is much better now! Yaaaaaa! :)

Going to bed early so it doesn't come back again.

Have a good night. :D Heidi

Good Morning Ladies!

Just getting myself going today. I decided that I will be mixing in December's Rotation with my schedule. Of course this will have many alterations to fit BFL.

Going to head down cellar to get in Drill Max Cardio Blast. (Still working on keeping that headache at-bay. :-( )

I hope everyone has a great Free Day today.
BBL :) Heidi

Good SUNDAY morning, ladies!

Colleen-DID you get out of your PJs yesterday? lol

I'm planning a PJ day to day in our house! It snowed a bit last night and weather today is forecasted to be nasty. I'm making all comfort food, all day and doing laundry. Sounds like a jammie day, right? lol

Heidi-are you following the Dec rotation? I checked out that check in, just to see who's all doing the rotation. It looks like a good one, too!

OK....I am proud of this past week. Week 9, for me, was packed with food challenges back-to-back-to-back. I had Book Club meeting one night, school Christmas dinner another night, then yesterday was both the Farmer's Market with Aunt and last night's Bunco night out. Add to that....I had a HUUUGGGGEEEE falling out with one of my 2 very best friends. She's been having DH issues for years, and it fell apart for her this summer after he laid his hands on her, we got her a PFA, she let him back in the house this Sept, now she's COMPLETELY unhappy. Friday night she told me I had been talking 'down to her' and she didn't like it. Completely unintentional on my part, and I apologized...but it didn't stop there. She went on to say some VERY VERY intentional and hurtful things to/about me and about late DH. I was emotionally ripped apart. BUT.......I hunkered down, reached out to BF and my other best friend for support, and I made it thru with NO emotional binge eating. WOOHOO!

I came out of the week another pound lighter! I'll take that! lol

Today is FREE DAY and a rest day! LOVE IT! I've been looking forward to beef stew all week! SO...on the menu today is beef stew, a load of homemade French bread, and a double layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I'll also be indulging in my normal trail mix, lol. (sorry if any of this food posting tempts anybody)

ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

HA! Heidi...you posted while I was typing. You answered my question about Dec's rotation! LOL SO....you're working out today, is today Free Day for you???

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

No Way! Today is definetly not a free day for me!:( Went out to the malls to look for closet organizers with my DH and friend while DD was at her eye appointment. I went back to pick her up and we both ordered from Burger King. We had a BK fish 630Cals. shared some cheesey tots 135cals. fries 115cals !!! Ouch! That's just awful for my diet. I looked this up last night and felt sick! DD too! Total fat 43.95!

Of course this whole meal was my only food from breakfast to dinner Besides coffe and Advil. After my workout last night I had an apple w/ peanut butter and water for the rest of the night.

What is our normal allowed Fat for the day??? I thought it was something like 20-30.

So now for the rest of this month I am going to be as good as can be. Even on Sundays Free Day.

Today's workout:
Body Fusion....found out I don't even have Drill Max :-(
Another one to add to my wish list!;-)

Meals planned:
Yogurt w/Wh Germ
EC Veg.Stew
Orange w/cottage
EC Shepards Pie

Gayle: I am so sorry to hear about your friend having a hard time. She must not be thinking clearly because of it. Anything might have set her off on this weird attack and try not to take it personally. It is terrible that she would bring your deceased husband into the conversation as part of her attack on you. All I can think is that she sees how happy you are now with your family situation and life in general and she wishes it were her situation as well. Having an abusive BF or Husband can bring a womans whole self worth down to degrading levels. I just feel terrible for you and for her as well.
Try not to take it to heart for you are a fantastic strong person as well as a loving mother and friend.

Enjoy your free day everyone!
BBL

Good morning All!!

You ladies gave me the motivation to work out this morning. I've been lounging and logged-in to see what you were up to -- decided I could NOT post until I had something to post about! :)

Jennifer - I did HIIT on my elliptical this morning too! What a difference really focusing and hitting it hard. After I got done my 8 year old daughter said, "Mom, are you okay?" :)

Heidi - Does running really get rid of a headache? If so, I need to try that one. I'm a big Advil fan! :)

Colleen -- I love FitTV, glad to see someone else does Cathe workouts through that as well. After my 20 minutes on the elliptical I just did PUB from FitTV. LOVE IT!!!

Gayle - I am sooooo sorry about your falling out with your best friend. Hang in there! You are in such a good place right now - and it is obvious that she isn't - I'm sure she was just lashing out at you because she is in pain. I must say to bring up your deceased husband was WAY out of line though. Words can really hurt -- please know that we are all here for you!! Please take care! Go watch Survivor and cheer up!!

Okay, I'm off to boil some eggs! :)
Michelle

Good Morning Michelle,:)

I am boiling eggs as I type...that's pretty funny we both decided to do this morning.:D

As for my headache...I told my doc this and she thought maybe I needed more oxygen so she suggested I run on the treadmill with an oxygen tank attached to my back.;-) She was pretty funny.
Some people think that running with the pounding action would make their headache worse. (My husband being one of those...he doesn't get headaches at all...lucky him!)(Ok..headache feel like they are pounding at times but this isn't really what is going on.)
Elevating your heartrate makes your body go into the fight or flight response which in turn relieves stress and the headache for me. (I don't want to get into the chemistry of all this because it gets too comlicated. ;-) )

If you have a headache I would start by taking a brisk walk to see how you feel with this first before attempting to run. They say getting a breath of fresh air is good for you and I would have to agree.:)
GREAT JOB ON HIIT THIS MORNING!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.