BBG workout

Ivy

Cathlete
This workout is with Kayla Itsines. Has anyone tried this workout? I’ve seen her on Instagram for a long time. If you did how did you work in the cardio component? Also are the workouts truly only a half hour? That doesn’t seem long enough.

I have, it was on my short list for programs I've always looked at but have never done, that I posted here some time ago. I followed her too a few years ago, then lost interest in instagram. I walked much of the LISS, low impact steady state, the resistance workouts are very high intensity, for me. There's 3 resistance per week they are 7 minute circuits with 30 seconds or 60 seconds break in between x 4, that is without warm up or cool down. You do circuit 1, then 2 then repeat circuit 1 & 2.

They are definitely challenging for nearly all ability levels. You do 4 exercises in each 7 minutes and continue to cycle thru for the 7 minutes. Obviously weight selection, your speed, and ability to jump will intensify the workout. It's a solid program. Cathletes who love Cathe's earlier workouts with step ups, push ups, and lots of jumping would probably love it, it's efficient. Not recommended for true beginner. Some people find the repetition boring, I like the simplicity, does the job, for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.