Are NIKE SHOX good for running shoes?

RWattier

Cathlete
Just curious - I always buy the Asics or Mizuno and wanted to try these bc I have the ipod thing and my husband bought the device that tracks your miles and its really really neat!

Any thoughts - for some reason I had it in my head that these were not really made for running.....

Are those the ones that are supposed to be like running barefoot? If so, I would say not good for running. I'm not sure if those are the ones I am thinking of though.
LD

IMO .. if you like Asics and Mizuno you won't like the Nike Shox .. Asics run circles around Nike Shox .. IMHO ..

Also .. my Asics last a LOT longer than the Shox .. the Shox are comfy .. but just don't do it for me for a running shoe!!

My SIL also wore the Nike Shox running shoes .. she asked me aobut the asics .. bought her a pair .. and could not beleive the difference .. she said it was a world of difference!! HTH!!:7

Nike Shox are not great for running. Nike is not well-known for making good running shoes. Stick with the brands you already know you like.

BTW, you can use the Nike+ iPod adapter with other shoes besides Nike. Don't let Nike fool you into thinking you have to have their shoes to use their system! I use it with my Saucony running shoes and it's AWESOME. You just need some other way to attach it to your shoe (or if you're brave, you can cut a hole inside the bottom of your shoe underneath the sockliner).

I have this nifty set and it works like a charm on any shoe! I ran a marathon with it and it worked perfectly - the Nike+ sensor is fabulous (once it's calibrated, of course).
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/marware_sportsuit_sensor

Hi:

I have worn Nike Shox for the last couple of years.. The running ones that were called the TL's.. went for about 150.00/pr.

I loved them, and they worked great for me but they are pricey and as the other poster said they don't last long.

My current pair wore out and I am now wearing a pair of Mizunos which haven't been very comfortable at all for my feet. I think they run small, and I should have probably sized up (normally wear 8-1/2 and should have bought a 9.

If you decide to go w/ the Shox, make sure you get the high end ones. The less expensive ones didn't work for me.

Take care, Lynn M.

Our feet are so highly individual that what works for one runner may not work for another. When people ask for shoe recommendations, my feeling is the best thing to do is go to a running specialty store. However, it sounds like you're happy with your Asics and Mizunos and are just looking to add the Nike gadgetry, so I'd go with the earlier poster who suggested you stick with your current shoe and just rig it up somehow. Good luck!

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

>Our feet are so highly individual that what works for one
>runner may not work for another. When people ask for shoe
>recommendations, my feeling is the best thing to do is go to a
>running specialty store.

AMEN to this! I can't imagine buying a shoe for my feet based on the fact that it works for someone else's feet!

Check out FleetFeet if they have one near you. If not, there are lots of other shoe stores that will fit your feet according to your individual needs!

I tried to run in my Nike Shox and was unhappy. My shins hurt, my feet hurt, my hips hurt. I had to walk the 2 miles. And the laces become loose constantly.

But I do love them for standing on my feet for 8hrs a day. Not a problem in the world, and I use them for step, hi/lo and kickbox with no problems.

Jenn

I agree - if you're happy with the shoes you have, I wouldn't change. Nikes are overpriced and don't last very long compared with the Asics and Sauconys I've tried.

I got the Shox on clearance for about $60 marked down from $130, but returned them because I found that they were too heavy and my shins hurt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.