Anyone try the new Amy Bento Videos?

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
I just got my new Amy Bento's in the mail. Has anyone tried them? I'm specifically interested in the kickbox one.

I just got mine too, the kickbox and the kettlebell, but I haven't tried them yet either. I'm not really into the kettlebells right now, but I'm hoping to check out the kickbox within the week.

I got the kickbox one today too. I previewed it and it looks really good. But I say that about all Amy's DVD's. She's awesome. I am going to do it in the morning.

Hi all,

I just received Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics and Cardio Kickbox Surge DVDS in today's mail! Happy dances!!! I haven't tried them yet but I definitely will work them into this weeks workouts. I also got Kelly Coffey-Meyers 30 minutes to fitness Kickbox and Bootcamp DVDS. I'm excited to add them to my collection.;)

I can't wait to try them out. I love Amy too. Cathe's still #1 though in my book.

I'm anxious to findout what everyone thinks about Amy's new ones that are just now out. Keep me informed on what you all think, ok;)

Hugs!

Nora

haven't even previewed yet but many on her message board says kickbox surger is comparable to kickbox extreme. i like kickbox extreme so that is a good thing.

kassia

I think Kickbox Surge may be her best yet (if your not a kickbox puritan). The music is ultra cool and motivating, the choreography will take a learning curve for me, but looks so tough and fun that I can't wait to learn it! Last night I did the premix that has you go through the five surges two times and it was HARD! I followed that up with the core segment...tough and fun then the nice stretch. Sweaty, tough fun is all I can say at this point!!!

I previewed the Kettlebell Dynamics and I can't wait to do that one either. There will be kettlebell purists or experts who will deem moves unsafe or unnessary, but as advanced exercisers, it will be easy enough to modify if one needs to. I think her creative twist is exactly what the advanced home exercise market needs and I for one, love it!!! I think the warm up in KD looks especially thorough!

Amy is one of the best and I always love her workouts (with very few exceptions)!

gogigi i did that with CIA knockout before. just did all the knockouts. WOW!!! short but got the job done b/c i don't think i could go any longer! its almost like doing the imaxes' blasts a little dab will do ya!

kassia

I just finished the entire Kettlebell Dynamics dvd and LOVED it! I didn't plan on doing the whole thing - it's divided into 3 workouts but didn't want to stop. I found the moves to be safe for me. I am getting Kettlebell certified with the IKFF in August.

I have Kickbox Surge on tap for tomorrow - I can't wait!

I previewed it last night and I was planning on doing it today. It looks pretty intense and I must admit that I'm really trying to muster up the courage and energy today to follow through on that plan. ;) I'm on my rest week of STS before starting Meso 3 and I'm not sure I want to work that hard this week..lol. :D

Last edited:
Okay, I have to say that I think Amy's new CIA Kickboxing workout has the potential of being my favorite Amy workout yet. There are 5 combinations and 5 "surges". The combinations are short and quick without a lot of repetition, but they are tough. There is a learning curve, but it's not as bad as KBX - no where near as bad as KBX. The surges get the heartrate up and work ya hard. This one is kind of like a combo of HLCK and Rumble. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much. I did not have time to do the core work, though. The music is rocking and Amy seems to be having a great time - as do the other girls.

I cannot wait to try the kettlebell one tomorrow.

I just did the CIA kickbox surge and loved it.:D

It's not like Rumble because it has more choreography. The moves are not as complex as Kick box Xtreme so you can pick up the moves fast. It's so much fun and challenging. If you love roundhouses you will love this workout. There are 5 premixes. I think it's worth the money.

I haven't done the Dynamic kettlebell yet.

:DI did the Kickbox Surge this morning. It was a lot of fun, and pretty easy to learn, compared to KBX, ITR, and ASC3. I was able to figure it out just in this first time I tried it. (It took me about 5 days each to learn the KBX, ITR, and ASC3, to give you an idea of difficulty)

Someone compared it to KBX, but, I thought it reminded me of KBX and ITR. It doesn't remind me of Rumble -- it is much more fun! The warm-up and cardio is approximately 60 minutes. I didn't have time to do the Core and Stretching portion, which is about another 10 minutes -- might do that tonight.

This was really nice to fit on my Cardio Days in my STS Rotation. I am not really a good judge on form, but, it looked pretty good to me! What do other people think? It seems like Amy's form has improved over KBX quite a bit.

Amy, as usual is having a really good time leading this workout! Her enthusiasm rubs off!

:D

I did this workout this morning too. It is a lot easier to follow than KBX. The energy in this was so great and the music was rockin'. I really like this workout. I posted a review at Amy's website. She just keeps getting better. I don't know how she can come up with so many fun, exciting, and tough workouts without feeling like it's the same thing over and over. She is like an energizer bunny. Seriously though, it is a great workout and I was sweating like a pig!!! I caught on quick to all the combos but the last surge (blast) got me a little tangled up. Otherwise, I was good the whole way through.

I'm in the minority here...

...but I thought the choreography was trickier than KBX, ITR or ASC3 (not ASC2, that one is my high bar for difficult Amy choreography). Maybe it's because she just does most of the combo at one time and by the time I've gotten most of it we've switched to the other side. I don't think it will take more than another time or two to get the whole thing, however.

That said, I really like it. Good music, familiar since I've heard it recently in I believe Seasun's newest and maybe a KCM? It's tough and I like that it is easy to modify it to make it more or less intense depending on what the exercise plan is for the day. I'm not a kickbox purist, but it appears to me that at least some of the workout is geared more toward getting good form than focusing strictly on "dancy" kickbox moves. I'll let others comment on that aspect (Kathryn, did you get this one?)

I happen to like Rumble. :p I just wanted to clarify why I thought it was more like Rumble and Hi Lo Cardio Kickbox. Rumble because the moves are more basic than a lot of her other workouts and are not repeated over and over. They are also pretty short - the entire cardio section is only 49 minutes. But, unlike Rumble, and where I can see people saying "Oh no, no way!" they are fast moving and fun. I also see HLCK because of the fun factor (I find HLCK much more fun and doable than ITR) and the spirit. Also because the "surges" are very similar to the Intervals in HLCK - pretty short but TOUGH! I really did enjoy this one and will do it a lot.

I brought the new kickboxing workout. I previewed it but mine is skipping so I have to wait for Collage to send me a new video :(

It does look like a great workout though and a lot of fun. Glad to see other's reviews of it!

I happen to like Rumble. :p I just wanted to clarify why I thought it was more like Rumble and Hi Lo Cardio Kickbox. Rumble because the moves are more basic than a lot of her other workouts and are not repeated over and over. They are also pretty short - the entire cardio section is only 49 minutes. But, unlike Rumble, and where I can see people saying "Oh no, no way!" they are fast moving and fun. I also see HLCK because of the fun factor (I find HLCK much more fun and doable than ITR) and the spirit. Also because the "surges" are very similar to the Intervals in HLCK - pretty short but TOUGH! I really did enjoy this one and will do it a lot.

Hi Christine,
I have HLCK, but haven't done it(yet). So, you think that HLCK is much more fun and doable(and tougher) than ITR? ;) That is really good to know, because I really like ITR(and can actually do it easily now), and this means I will put HLCK on my to-learn-right-away list! I don't want to miss out on the fun!
Thanks for that opinion--it's good to know!:D

Hmmm, maybe that is why I learned the Kickbox Surge the first time through-- because the moves were basic like Rumble, as you mentioned. But, I think with the basic, she's added some fun & quicker "twists" and choreography to it, and did it in a way so the combos flow pretty easily/smoothly when learning it. I thought maybe I picked it up quickly because I'm finally familiar with Amy's moves now. It took me 5 days to figure out KBX(!). That was the first DVD of Amy's I tried....:D

Last edited:
I just finished the entire Kettlebell Dynamics dvd and LOVED it! I didn't plan on doing the whole thing - it's divided into 3 workouts but didn't want to stop. I found the moves to be safe for me. I am getting Kettlebell certified with the IKFF in August.

I have Kickbox Surge on tap for tomorrow - I can't wait!

Hey Shirl! I'm thinking of giving this a go today. I love that she has premixes on this one as well!

There will be kettlebell purists or experts who will deem moves unsafe or unnessary, but as advanced exercisers, it will be easy enough to modify if one needs to.
(with very few exceptions)!
Holy moly. I just previewed this on college video and I've never done kettlebell workouts but I can see why you would say this. This looked kinda hardcore. Moreover what is up with the no shoes thing. I can just imagine accidently dropping one of those bad boys on my foot. I'm accident prone. :( I remember reading a post not to long ago about someone breaking a wrist or hand or something with her kettlebell. Although I have not yet jumped on the kettlebell band wagon so I don't really know what they are like I have to admit this kettle bell preview scares me. But with that said I really appreciate everyones reviews. I think I'm going to get the kickboxing DVD to try something new.

Just completed the Kickbox Surge workout and I absolutely LOVED it! I too am amazed at how Amy just keeps getting better with these workouts. The moves are innovative and fun and CHALLENGING. I wasn't sure she could top ITR (my fav up to now) but I think this one does it:eek:.

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.