Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

There are people complaining on the Cathletes FB page about losing the connection or having the audio and video not sync with Cathe Live. I did the 8/3/17 Cathe Live workout on my iMac yesterday morning and it stopped 5 times. I had to completely start over again and then FF to my spot multiple times to get it going again. This is an ongoing problem that I never had until sometime this summer, I am thinking it must be something to do with your new player. I never, ever had problems before. I do not use the app on my iMac, I use the website. I have used the app on my iPhone when I am not home and it does the exact same thing, screen just goes black. It's not a buffering issue because the screen wouldn't go black if that were the case. AND I did a speed test when this was happening yesterday, download was 52.49 mbps and upload was 216. That's plenty of speed.

Hi arogeron, are you using the Safari browser? We've noticed the Safari Browser doesn't auto detect the correct download resolution of the video file using the new IBM player. This is probably causing the problem you're seeing. I'm using an iMac too, but I use the Chrome browser and the video file you had a problem with plays fine. This is something IBM has to fix with their player and we have made them aware of it. In meantime can you try playing on a Chrome Browser and see if this solves your problem?

Hi,

Here are 5 that I cannot stream: as for the URL's, I hope these are complete. The only way I could get them was to copy/paste into a memo on my phone...

Metabolic Mashup: http:\\cathe.com/stream/metabolic-mashup/?_sf_s=Metabolic+mash+up

Phat 2: http:\\cathe.com/stream/phat-2/?_sf_s=Phat+2

Strong Total Body: http:\\cathe.com/stream/strong-total-body/?_sf_s=Strong+total+body

Metabolic Conditioning: http:\\cathe.com/stream/metabolic-conditioning-live/?_sf_s=Metabolic+conditioning

Ice Total Body Compound: http:\\cathe.com/stream/ice-total-body-compound/?_sf_s=Ice+total+body+compound

Hi,

Are all the others using Chromecast still having issues?

My yearly subscription is up next month and since I am able to get less than half of the workouts, ( have not been able to get them for months now)...I have to decide whether to renew or not.

Please let me know what the status if of this issue

Thank you.

Hi fox2star, you might want to refresh your browser and try again. IBM released some fixes for their player yesterday. I know it fixed issues with Safari browsers not playing older videos and some of the other fixes possibly might help you with casting, but we can't duplicate your problem so we can't test it. Can you let us know?

Hi,

I refreshed the browser and it looks like I can now launch some of the videos from 2014. I tested them randomly. The ones I tested from 2015 and 2016 will still not launch.

whatever happened with the sample URLs I provided that IBM wanted?

Hi,

I refreshed the browser and it looks like I can now launch some of the videos from 2014. I tested them randomly. The ones I tested from 2015 and 2016 will still not launch.

whatever happened with the sample URLs I provided that IBM wanted?

Hi fox2star, we sent you an email yesterday asking if you could try the 5 links you previously provided us . Did you get it? ...and can you test these 5 links now and let us know if they now work? FYI: We can't test these links, nor can IBM, since we can't duplicate the problem. However, IBM did do something that they feel may fix the problem for you and they asked us to ask you to retest the 5 links if you can.

Hi

I did reply to the email: ( see below)

I tried to launch the videos below...and actually it is now worse than before. They will not even launch...before they would start to launch, the screen with the name of the workout would appear, but it would jump back to the Chromecast home screen. Now it doesn't do anything, and it won't even play on my phone. It says it is casting, but there is only a black screen there. ..

Deb

Hi

I did reply to the email: ( see below)

I tried to launch the videos below...and actually it is now worse than before. They will not even launch...before they would start to launch, the screen with the name of the workout would appear, but it would jump back to the Chromecast home screen. Now it doesn't do anything, and it won't even play on my phone. It says it is casting, but there is only a black screen there. ..

Deb

This is exactly what was happening to me. It would start, show the title then the tv screen would go back to the Chromecast home screen. POOF! Gone. I can’t remember which workouts they were. I got fed up and frustrated and simply gave up. I ended up missing about 2 months of Cathe Live. The videos were unpredictable as to whether they would play or not. Usually the more recent ones would play if I remember correctly. Finally I ended up spending money on an hdmi cable and a lightening AV adapter. That set up enabled me to hook my iPhone up to the tv so it could mirror screen what was on my phone.

Hi tlc93,

When IBM first released their new player a few months ago there were a lot of problems with older "Cathe Live" videos that wouldn't even play much less cast and this was probably the cause of your problem. Most of those problems have now been fixed by IBM. We test thoroughly on Apple products and Chromecast works fine with the Google app on every Apple device we have tested. The nice thing about Apple is there are only a few devices that they sell and they control the OS as well as the hardware. With Android there are many different manufacturers and OS versions, so it's way more complicated to solve problems. I would think if you try Chromecast with the Google app it should work for you now, but the way you're doing it with a cable will work too.

Hi,

Hi tlc93,

When IBM first released their new player a few months ago there were a lot of problems with older "Cathe Live" videos that wouldn't even play much less cast and this was probably the cause of your problem. Most of those problems have now been fixed by IBM. We test thoroughly on Apple products and Chromecast works fine with the Google app on every Apple device we have tested. The nice thing about Apple is there are only a few devices that they sell and they control the OS as well as the hardware. With Android there are many different manufacturers and OS versions, so it's way more complicated to solve problems. I would think if you try Chromecast with the Google app it should work for you now, but the way you're doing it with a cable will work too.

Are you saying that I should try the Chromecast using the Google app on my iPad?

Very confusing as to what Google app is used if you are trying to stream with chromecast on an iPad....any assistnce would be appreciated.

An easier solution for you might be to just go to the Apple App store and search for Chromecast App (you should see several to select from). This is what I use. There are several apps you can select and several are free I believe. If you still have trouble I'll be able to help you on Monday when I'm back in the office.

I tried this, and could not find an actual "Chromecast" app...it would be great if you could tell me exactly which one you got tomorrow when you are back to the office....Thanks!

These are third party apps that I'm referring to. I use the "Video and TV for Chromecast" app, but there are several others you can try out. Just search in the Apple store for "Chromecast app" and you should see the app I use as well as several others.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.