50 and Over: ^^Weekend Warriors!^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy Weekend to all!

Today is a rest day for me. I have some errands to run and then it's back home to begin the Thanksgiving organizing.

One of my errands is back to the vet to pick up some meds for Clancy.. the continuing saga of his urinating issues. He is now leaking somewhat even when he is in his crate, so I know this is not a behavioral issue. The vet thinks its "mechanical" that some part of his bladder/urethea is not strong enough to hold it. He is going to try phenylpropalanine ( whew! that's a mouthful)that is supposed to strengthen the muscle or what allows him to hold it longer. I had this happen with Kelsey ( female wire) and she has been on a hormone that does this for female dogs with leaking problems. I sure hope this clears it up.

Protein shake
B- cherrios w/strawberries, skim milk
s: cottage cheese w/applesauce
L: ham on WW, grapes, skim milk
S: stringster w/triskets
D: Chicken soup made by DH.
S: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich or WW ice cream bar

Jen:
I hope you enjoyed that walk!

Josie:
Does the battery on the HRM go so soon? I have only had the new one in since August.x( . Good job on the running!

Have a great day.. I will check in later

Deb;-)

Happy Saturday, All,

Deb, I hope the new medicine solves your poor dog's health problems.

To all: I've never used a HRM. Do you consult it a lot when exercising? Do you change the intensity of your workout up or down dependingn on the reading, and do you think that benefits you? Sometimes I have to pay so much attention to the choreography that I think a HRM would just annoy me.

Being outside was so glorious yesterday that late in the afternoon I actually did that Tamilee Webb / Classical Stretch combo I've been talking about for over a week. We have lots of errands to run today, but I hope to do IMAX 2.

Josie, maybe you need iron supplements? Be careful running those 11 miles if you're feeling wiped out.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I forgot to check in yesterday. I did the GS Chest and Triceps and have my usual DOMS today. I am still off the cardio.

Today I just cleaned house and am now in my office grading papers again.

I had a great birthday. My husband surprised me by inviting a couple of my women friends to the dinner. We had a lot of fun over dinner, especially my new friend, a colleague who also went to the Oxford conference, and I describing how tired we were from jet lag at some of the talks. We couldn't stop giggling at this one where a British guy was mumbling away and it sounded like he said that Emily Dickinson, like Ted Hughes, composed poems on anything, and then sounded as though he was saying that she composed a poem on a chocolate bar. So my friend whispers to me, "I guess that makes her a chocolate bard." It turns out that what he was saying was that she composed a poem on a chocolate bar wrapper, but we were giggling too much to listen very carefully to Mr. Mumbles by that time.

I had my lobster and two Manhattans. I brought my turf home and sliced it up for a salad last night to accompany leftover penne alla vodka. Nummy. Incidentally, that two pounds I thought I lost while in England? It seems to have permanently gone, tra la! Makes me wonder if cardio is really doing me any good.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's pretty chilly here, but it sounds as though northern New England really got hit with snow. How about you, Linny? Snowed in?

Hi,

I was sitting here and thought I would check in.. muy DH left yesterday afternoon for hunting camp and as much as I look forward to some "alone time".. the day is dragging! I did some errands, took a nap with the dogs, read a book, ate lunch, watched All My Children from yesterday.. and it's only 3:45. I don;t feel like cleaning or doing anything useful! I also bought shoes from Zappos and capri length sweats from Lands End.. DH better get back or I will be spending too much money out of boredom!

Jen:
I love my HRM! You don;t have to consult it at all.. I just look at it once in a while to see the variances in my heart rate while I am doing intervals on the treadmill..It isn't annoying at all. I love the fact that it tells you how many calories you burned when you are done. I am a person who writes everything down...I record workouts on my Cathe calendar, with the number of calories burned.. I make lists for everything I do.. one of those kinds of people!:+

Garance:
Your birthday sounds like fun! and the food delicious! :9 It is pretty chilly here too.

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Good Morning!

I did the 4DS Legs & Core work. I like this because there are no dreaded Low Ends!x(

DH & I are going out for breakfast. I did have my protein shake after working out and I will be careful with my choices. He came home a day early from hunting. I guess none of the others were going to stay for today so he decided to come home too. We will be doing some food shopping for Thanksgiving dinner and things around here to get the house ready.

It's a beautiful day here. Sunny but very cold. As I am sitting here the leaves from our big Norway maple are falling. They are a pretty golden color and the sun just makes glow!

Have a great fall day!

Deb;-)

Happy Sunday, All,

It's raining here. Last night,it poured all night long, with lots of thunder and lightning. It's supposed to get warmer through Wednesday, with a high of 83 that day, then dip into the 40s that night and be cold for Thanksgiving. I hope this is the last of the 80s until April.

I did IMAX 2 yesterday, without the step. I have pretty much decided to retire my step except for weight work such as step-ups. Too often, I have tripped over it, and I've found that when I don't have to worry about that, I really go all out. I'm sure I expend just as many calories that way, and I enjoy my workouts so much more. My bad knee loves it too.

Garance, very interesting about keeping those 2 pounds off while only doing weights. This has crossed my mind now and then, but I'm a variety junkie. ''Chocolate Bard'' - I would have lost it then,too.

Deb, sounds like you had a fantastic Saturday - I think we all need more of those kinds of days (if only we could manage not to feel guilty when we take them)!

Today, I plan to do Part 2 of Christi Taylor's Step Heaven and Classical Stretch - Maximum Muscle Stretching.

Have a wonderful day,

Jen

Hi everyone--

I did the 67 minute upper body premix on 4ds again. Tomorrow I think I will do one of Cathe's 20 min. stretches and 20 min. core workouts from the Hardcore series. Still no cardio.

There was a thread about the classical stretch series over at the open forum that sounded very positive. Jen, do I remember correctly that you do these? What are they like? I'm thinking they might be a good addition given my recent down time on cardio.

It is cold here today, but really sunny and beautiful. Cannot complain.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! I'm still grading papers.

Hi Ladies: Sounds like everyone having a pretty good weekend.It's also cold here today. Not looking forward to the cold,especially since I stopped taking my meds. I got tired of not being able to lose weight. Since I stopped meds I have lost 4 pds. Now I just have to get my fingers crossed that I don't break out in hives. I tired doing some of Amy Bento's Cadio Pump Step today. Holy Cr*p! That gal's got some energy. I'll try a little every now and then and hopefully it will get easier.
It's gonna to be a nice short week since no work on thursday.Can't wait.Bought all my Thanksgiving fix-ins today,probably get turkey tuesday. I have all day wednesday to do my baking. Have a great night~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.