3 Teenage Girls

martijean1

Cathlete
Oh my..After months of blissfull co-habing, we are having teen troubles...Please see my pic.

In Yellow-Mine
Right and Bottom-SO's DD's-right=oldest, bottom=middle of the 3

Here's the scoop...Mine is the youngest and tends to be the oldest (top right) ones "mini me"...The one on the botom (middle of the 3) tends to get left out...The oldest and middle have truely never had that sisterhood bond, I mean, NEVER...Have never seen sisters that wouldn't even stand up for each other to friends, or anyone else for that matter...Needless to say, I've tried seperating the oldest and youngest, spending extra time with the middle, and forcing them to have "girls nightout"....UGH!! And HELP! I CAN'T force the 3 to get along, but for goodness sakes! Today I've told mine and the oldest that the "pony show" can't go on! Mine doesn't see what's happening, the oldest thinks it's funnier than all get out, and our middle is almost in tears.

I was raised with brothers (so totally different than girls!), and until Joe and I started dating, mine was an only child...Help, help, help!!! We are at our wits end with the 3 of them!!
MJ

Oh, MJ...what you have described is my childhood! I can tell you from my experiences that teenage girls are pack animals!! ;):p

I'm the oldest of three girls. My younger (middle child) sister and I did not get along AT ALL once we hit our teenage years, and we both used our youngest sister as a pawn to do our bidding...I don't know how my parents didn't go nuts during this time! We were just horrible!

Don't get me wrong, we loved each other, but for a while we didn't really like each other all that much...the three of us were all just really different people.

One really smart thing my parents did during this time was to help foster our individual interests in things so none of us would feel left out, and so that none of us felt like we were being pigeon-holed into being like the other. It sounds like you're trying to do that with middle DD. Also, another thing that helped was that my sisters and I all had our own pool of good friends, so that alleviated the "left out" and "ganged up on" feelings.

Definitely keep on the oldest that the "pony show" is not acceptable. Let her know that as the oldest, she needs to start setting good examples.

FWIW, things between us all got better as we got a little older. The three of us are now pretty close and have a good laugh over our war stories.

I really wish you the best of luck!!

Gayle-

Thanks for letting me know that this will not still be going on when we have grandchildren! LOL! Oh, it's just crazy! One going into 8th, 9th and 11..And I have a feeling that this is only the beginning...

All 3 have their own interests, that's for sure...The 2 things they have in common are boys and band...Mine's the sports nut, Meg is drama (and what a drama queen she is!!) and the other is knowledge bowl...We WILL get through this, but I'm sure we'll get more grey as we go!

Thanks for the kind words, I needed that today!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.