#10 Challenge - Sept 24

looking good

Cathlete
Morning Ladies

Is it Friday yet??? I am tried today but it is absolutely beautiful day in NY.

B - Oatmeal and orange juice
L - 1/2 brown rice, 4 oz chicken, green beans
Snack - 8oz of 1% milk and vanilla protein powder
D - Turkey burger, spinach, salad

Workout later today will be Rymthic Step

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Therese

Today I did cardio and did one of my Cardio Coach mixes. Then I did an ab workout that I got out of Oxygen magazine a few months back. It always makes me incredibly sore for days afterwards.

Hoping I've lost a little something this week. I'll find out on Saturday.

Hi all,

Yesterday I did some hard-core yard work for 3-1/2 hrs, digging, lugging rocks, laying pavers...I could barely walk when I was done, so I considered that as my workout for the day! I had planned to do Butts and Guts yesterday, so I'm going to do that today plus some cardio. I did AM Yoga twists this am.

Eating has been pretty good so far, so I'm trying to be confident that I'll lose something this week. My attitude has gotten so much better and I think I've totally gotten back on track, thanks to you guys...

Have a great day everyone! Good luck reaching your fitness goals. We can do it!:)

Good morning!!

Up at 5:30 for GS BSB. It felt good. Eating has been decent. No blow ups lately, and I'll weigh in on Saturday. It's a glorious day today, so hopefully I can get out sometime today. I've just started Debbie's Muscle building and staying Lean rotation (I always love that one, thanks Debbie)

Therese, are you still in Roch? I went back a few checkins when I saw NY. I work downtown!!!!

Denise- that yard work sounds like Butts and Guts with a touch of GymStyles, and a smidge of Imax3. I think you're safe assuming that was your workout;)

Laura, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Stomach bugs are the worst!

Ladies, have a great day.

Well - wouldn't you know, journaling, exercise, and watching calories works! I do this to myself so many times but always go back to the same approach. You would think I would learn. :)

Anyway - scale is down more today. I know this is bloat more than fat, but I'm happy to get it going the right direction and it puts me in a good place for the weekend.

Eating yesterday was good but I'll share with you guys that I eat out a lot.
Breakfast - starbucks coffee with skim milk and a feta/spinach/egg wrap
Snack - Protein bar (Jay Robb is my bar of choice)
Lunch - chipotle salad - Lettuce, black beans, grilled peppers, tomato salsa, corn salsa, little bit of cheese
Snack - Protein ba
Dinner - grilled salmon, ear of corn, salad with romain, spinach, pecans, feta, snap peas, tomato, carrots, dried figs and light balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Workout was 3 mile run and I was going to do LIC but changed my mind and did a premix from KCM's Cardio Sculpt DVD.

Meals for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 blueberries (pre workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Sliced turkey on one slice Ezekiel w/ a thin slice of provolone; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; grapes
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 banana
M5: Parmesan Tilapia; veggies of some sort
M6: Cinnamon protein pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally more PB

1621 calories
48 g. fat - 27%
154 g. protein - 38%
150 g. carbs - 37%

Melissa no longer in Rochester...my office is actually in Fair Lawn NJ and I live in the Hudson Valley area of NY about an hour from Fair Lawn. I'm in sales so I am always on the road...

Denise, don't you love when you accomplish some yard work and feel like you did your workout too ;):D it's like a double bonus :p

Cindi...I know what you mean....you know what to do it just doing it that the issue :p good job for sticking to it....now I need to!!!!

Debbie , think I am going to make protein pancakes tonight for tomorrow breakfast....seeing them on your food list is making me want some...will be a good change from my usual oatmeal. Do you follow the traditional recipe that I have seen on the boards or do you tweak yours a bit?

Therese

Debbie - do you have something against vegetables? ;) I noticed they only come around at dinner time for you so I was wondering if that's because you don't like veggies or is there some other reason. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Debbie , think I am going to make protein pancakes tonight for tomorrow breakfast....seeing them on your food list is making me want some...will be a good change from my usual oatmeal. Do you follow the traditional recipe that I have seen on the boards or do you tweak yours a bit?

Therese

I made up my own recipe, this is it:

2 egg whites
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. raw oats
1 tsp. agave nectar

I blend all this in my Magic Bullet, pour it in a hot skillet and cook both sides. Then I put 1 tbsp. PB on top of it. I love it! Sometimes I'll sub out cinnamon for cocoa.

Debbie - do you have something against vegetables? ;) I noticed they only come around at dinner time for you so I was wondering if that's because you don't like veggies or is there some other reason. Hope you don't mind me asking.

I'm not a big veggie fan. I love corn and that's almost the worst veggie you can eat. I try to eat some sort of veggie for dinner every night. If it was up to me, I wouldn't eat it at all. Maybe I should have a V8!? :eek:

Okay, had a small slip today and had 1/2 cup of light ice cream. Now if I just behave myself the rest of the day, there shouldn't be any damage done. ;) My problem is I allow small slips to become out and out free for alls. I have to stop the all or nothing mentality.:confused:

This morning I did 4DS HIS/LIS cardio and worked it hard. My HR was in the 170's most of the time.:p Workout was 57 minutes and I burned 519 calories.

Been fighting a horrendous headache most of the day.:(:(:(

ohhh Debbie I like the cocoa idea! :D especially at night when I have that awful sweet tooth.

thanks for sharing I think I try your recipe for a change.

Therese

This morning I did BM2 cardio premix and abs.I burned 472cal.

My meals are pretty much what I had yesterday except dinner will be chicken breast and veg. with a wrap taco style.My boys love this but my DH hates it. But he's not home tonight.

How does everyone get thier water in and how much do you drink?
This is the hardest thing for me.

Good evening everyone,

Just an update...I was still tired today after all the yard work yesterday, and today I mowed, so I made today my off day for working out. Just did yoga in the am, but that's it.

Debbie - I've just got to try those pancakes. I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas.

Elaine - Regarding the water, I've been trying to get in at least 8 glasses of water per day 12 oz. each. One thing I do to get it all in is when I get up in the morning, before I make my tea or eat my breakfast or feed the dog or anything, I chug down one or two 12 oz glasses of water. I started this a year or two ago and it's a habit now. Then with my breakfast when I take my vitamins, I drink another glass. So I've already gotten in two or three glasses and the day is still young. Sometimes I make myself drink a glass every time I go into the kitchen. When I was working I had a plastic jug from Walgreens that held 96 oz (I think). I made sure that it was empty by the end of the day. I'm sure others have better tips, but this is some of the ways I try to get in my water.

Take care!

'Evening! Sounds like everyone is doing good with trying to keep on track.
I'm going to use a small notebook I have to record everything I eat or drink. Hopefully, it will help me this weekend, since I have a lot of socializing on the schedule. My real problem is more stress eating. Thankfully, my stomach has started to remind me when I'm not treating it right. I need to not purchase things I shouldn't eat nor make them!
Did PS Legs and abs this morning. Boy, she works the thighs and glues hard in it.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.