Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for April 2018

Morning guys,

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘Candace; absolutely love this workout and STS Chest Shoulders, & Triceps. Guys I really didn’t think I was going to get my workout in today, with so much company eek. If the weather allows I plan to go for a short walk, later, since my daughter in law decided to cook; I was like YES, that took a load off me, because I really didn’t feel like cooking today. Well time to bathe and clean up a bit. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Last edited:
I forgot to post yesterday, Saturday, I went for a shorter walk, but very steep hills both up and down, my calves are so sore today! I walked 4.3 miles and burned 501 calories. I think my calorie burn was lower than usual because I could not walk fast due to the steep hills.

Today I may take the day off because I did not sleep well and I am really tired. I will see how the morning goes.

Diane Sue, it is amazing that you completed your workout with the distractions, good for you! I wish we would get some rain here, barely any this year.

DOZ, nice walk yesterday! What kind of puppies do you have? I have a cairn terrier, Toto on the Wizard of Oz. I love him!

Have a nice day.

Today is my rest day. Family brunch and doing some cooking. My daughter gave me some premade salads today. I ate an asian chicken one at brunch and then had another tonight that had spinach, glazed pecans, cranberries, and a lot of bacon. I put my whole 30 dressing that I made on it. I think I feel it was too greasy. It didn't settle so well. Hard to know how to put those things in my fitness pal. I need to do some more cook ups. I made some soups last week and a fajita bowl recipe from Whole 30 Fast and Easy. for some reason both times I have made that I found myself trying to add to it so it wasn't so bland. I put it on riced broccoli since I didn't have cauliflower.

Doz, nice job on getting the walk in. A lot of the time when I have family staying, particularly adult family I skip the workouts. The grandchildren are used to it. I have worked out all their lives and they just workout with me or find something to do while I get it done. I do try to keep it shorter though or get it done before they arrive. I have grandchildren staying all of next weekend and the following I have one grandchild and am not sure I will be getting a workout in on the Saturday as we are moving my granddaughter who is getting married in a couple of weeks stuff put into the apartment they are going to be living in. They had ordered a couch from Wayfair and had it delivered to my daughter's , so that will be moved. Mostly boxes of belongings and shower gifts etc.. She has her college graduation that evening so we have to do it early. Then marriage and law school. She is a busy young lady.

Jolie, you need rain in your area just to clean up the air. We had a steady rain for awhile, but it still didn't get the wildfires all put out. Hopefully it helped, I haven't heard anything since yesterday. Steep hills would sure make the calves and legs sore. I think it would give a lower calorie burn because you are moving a bit slower with the hills. I would be happy with what you got ;)

Today I did a total body workout and this week I am doing a Rep Out Set with the 3rd circuit. I really felt this one and my HR was up there the whole time.

I am getting a bit frustrated because my thighs are getting big for some reason. All my pants are tight and I don't like it. I'm not sure why? My eating is mostly spot on (except for Saturday's). I'm wondering if adding in the leg weight work that I've been doing lately is doing this? I don't see how it could, though. But it seems like when I wasn't doing any legs, I was much thinner in the thigh area. I'm not lifting heavy for legs so they can't be getting bulky. It bums me out.

Did 3 circuits of 8 reps, doing the Rep Out Set with the 3rd circuit, no rest during the circuits but rested a bit in between starting a new set. I warmed up with XTrain. The Rep Out exercises were 16 reps each.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 20's
Rep Out Set - Lateral Raise - 10's/16 reps
T-Bar Rows - 55#
Rep Out Set - Bent Over Raise - 12's/16 reps
Dumbbell Chest Press - 35's
Rep Out Set - Dumbbell Flies - 20's/16 reps
Barbell Curls - 40#
Rep Out Set - "W" Curls - 15's/16 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Press - 25's
Rep Out Set - Dips - 16 reps
Squats - 25's
Rep Out Set - Leg Extensions - 30#/16 reps
Sit-Ups - 20/20/20 reps

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 251 calories. Avg HR was 130 and Max was 196.

Then I did the Tabata workout on my treadmill and then jogged the rest of the time. Workout was 21 minutes, went 1.36 miles, burned 144 calories and went 2871 steps. Avg HR was 120 and Max was 183.

I'm at work already so I can't do personals. Have great workouts everyone!! Nice job this weekend with your workouts!!

Reactions: WD
Debbie, another kick butt workout for you! My legs are getting bigger as well, but on the plus side, they are so much firmer! It has always been hard for me to have firm legs without them getting bigger because that is where I carry my fat!:p

Today I did Power Strike 5 kickboxing using 1 pound hand weights. Then I did biceps and triceps in a circuit format. At the end of the workout I did two exercises to failure using lighter weights. I am spent! Workout was 65 minutes and I burned 641 calories. My average heartrate was 131 and my max was 169. I used on DB's in my workout.

Arm Circuit, I did two rounds

Bicep Curls - 15# x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12
Hammer Curls- 15# x 12
Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12
W Bicep Curls- 15# x 12
Close Grip Chest Press- 20# x 12 ( these were hard by the second round )
Bicep Curls with a twist- 15# x 12
1 Arm Kickbacks- 10# x 12

Finisher-
Bicep Curls- 12# x 24 TF
Lying Ext.- 10# x 25 TF

I am going to try to add in more cardio because I am gaining weight again, I think I am eating poorly and too much
:(:p:p:p:p:p:p

Diane Sue, the Asian chicken salad sounds so good! I will check back in later to see what you girls did for workouts today!

Doz, I am sure you are getting in a good workout today! I will check back in later to check it out.

Roselyn,
I hope you have a good workout.

Happy Monday! BTW, I slept awesome last night for once!

Today's workout was much longer than I had anticipated. I should have skipped the cardio so it wasn't so long. I decided this week I would do Amy Bento Ross drop set strength 3 day split which works every body part twice in a week. I chose split 3 first as it is the longest one that should have been 72 minutes, but took me 97 minutes for writing notes down for next time. For some reason I cannot find all of my notes I had down in the past. For cardio I did a timesaver mix from Cathe's Crossfire, fitness blast and firewalker tabata, 27 minutes, heart rate average 123, max 155, 2,117 steps, 178 calories, met 6. I then started drop sets strength split 3, legs, shoulders, biceps, triceps, and core, 97 minutes, heart rate 104 average, max 153, 1,381 steps, met 428 calories. Total time was 2 hours 4 minutes, calories burned 606.
Drop sets all exercises done in sets of 8,10,12 reps
sumo squat arm positions change each set (rack) 20#dbs, 8 reps, (arms up to L position) 10#dbs, 10 reps, (arms overhead) 8#dbs 12 reps all right then repeat second set all on the left side
Bulgarian lunge 20#dbs 8 reps , (arms rack) 10#dbs 10 reps, arms overhead 8#dbs 12 reps all done on the right then repeat on the left
Close stance squats 20#dbs 8 reps, 12#dbs 10 reps arms move forward and back, squat overhead press 10#dbs 8 reps
single leg deadlift 20#dbs, 8 reps, w/ a row 15#dbs 10 reps, w/ lunge back push off 10#dbs 12 reps right then repeat all on the left
shoulders
seated Arnold press 15#dbs 8 reps point in like pouring at the bottom, 12#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps
Double Vs forward and back 15#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Eagles seated (lateral raise) 10# dbs 8 reps, 8#dbs 10 reps, 5#dbs 12 reps
Biceps
bentover concentration curl(done in a squat position rotate at the bottom) 20# db 8 reps, 15#db 10 reps, 12#db 12 rep all right then repeat left
hammer curl 20# 8 reps, (from the hip starting less range) 15#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps curl into long curl
seated curl 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps (turn to bench like pouring at bottom) , 8#dbs 8reps( curl to long curl turn to step)
Triceps
wide kickback 15#dbs 8 reps, 12#dbs 10 reps, 10# dbs 12 reps
overhead tension press (bringing dumbbells together at end of move) 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8#dbs 12 reps
triceps push ups with bench 3 risers fall down push ups 8 reps, push up jump back walk in 10 reps, push up with one leg elevated 12 reps
Core
standing figure 8 with halos 8#dbs 8 reps right and left repeat
tuck levitation 8 on step 8 on floor repeat
crunch lying on step with head elevated arms extended overhead 8 reps repeat
plank on step hop knees in right then left 8 reps repeat

Debbie, it doesn't seem like you are doing all that much lower body work. I know for me lighter and high rep helps the bulk I seem to want to build in my upper thigh area. Also adding extra cardio, but you have been doing that. I know we are all different .

Jolie, you must have posted while I was typing. Nice workout. It amazes me how many calories you burn for the length of time you workout. I only wish that was true for me. That is great that you finally got some sleep. It seems I always end up with some worry that keeps me wide awake half the night.

Hey guys,

Today’s workout was all about legs. I did Legs & Glutes, did each workout twice, squats did 4 sets then I did MIS Abs. Then I walked 1.5 hours I was pooped when I got back home lol.

Diane Sue - awesome work.

Jolie- Nice work. Have You shedded them 6 lbs yet?

Debbie - Love the workout, nice job. If your pants getting tighter probably due to the leg workouts, I wouldn’t sweat it; since eatery hasn’t changed. Keep up the good work.

Today I did a workout I put in treadmill app that I got from one of the running magazines I get. It's called HiiT Rep Run and it's fun and tough. It starts off with a 5 minute walking warmup, then a 10 minute jog and then goes into 8 - 1 minute sprints on a 3% incline with 2 minutes rest between each sprint. Then it ends with another 10 minute jog and 5 minute walking cool down. It's tough. I think I will change the last 10 minute jog to 5 minutes, after all those sprints, it's tough to get 10 more minutes in continuous running - at least for me it is. But I had a great workout, love this one!

Workout was 56 minutes, ran 3.96 miles, burned 399 calories (TM said 535) and went 8001 steps. Avg HR was 120 and Max was 199.

Diane Sue - Dang girl, you had a workout yesterday! Nice job. I like long workouts when I have time for them. And you're right, I really don't work my legs all that much. It must be my eating but I feel like I am eating well almost 90% of the time.

Jolie - I like the workout you put together yesterday, nice calorie burn!! I wish I could burn that kind of calories when working out.

DOZ - Legs & Glutes is tough doing once let alone twice!! Great going, I bet you are seeing some good changes in your body. You are really working hard, proud of you!

Roselyn - Have a great workout today!

Today’s workout, started with Cardio Coach PP I did 40 mins slow steady run, STS back and biceps I’ll check back in a bit going to soak my muscles.

Debbie - Nice job starting to see some pretty nice changes.

This morning I did Les Mills Combat Extreme Cardio Fighter, 56 minutes, heart rate average 126, max 161, Met 6, 5,103 steps. I then did Les Mills Combat 30 Live, 32 minutes, heart rate average 128, max 163, 215 calories, Met 6.1, 3,152 steps. I forgot that there was no stretch on this so I did Kelly Body Design Yoga Flow, 13 minutes, 32 calories, 43 steps. Workout was 1 hour 41 minutes, 615 calories, 8,298 steps O:

Deb, nice work today and lots of steps :)

Doz, CC Push play and STS , that is a great workout. I bet you need a soak after that one.

Today I started with Powerstrike 5 and 6 punches only, using 1 pound weighted gloves. I burned 238 calories. Then I moved onto the Elliptical and ran intervals, 2 minutes high incline high resistance, 2 minutes low incline lower resistance. I ran 2 miles, 17 minutes and burned 200 calories. Then I finished with some Chest. My workout got cut short because my youngest son came home from school having an anxiety attack and I had to give him some vitamins and some hemp oil to calm him down. I feel bad for him... He is feeling better and went back to school. We had a really good talk so that's all I care about.

Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( alternated between the two exercises)
Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12

My upper body was weak from all of the punches I did at the beginning of the workout.

My son needs to pass every class this quarter or he cant go back to the school. This is stressing him out so bad, he is trying very hard. He is also stressing about going to college, if he will be able to go to a good one with his learning issues. I told him he does not have to go to a big college to be successful in life. The problem is he does not know what he wants to do so he has nothing to work towards.

Debbie, kick-butt cardio workout today!!! I am going to try to do some cardio everyday to loose some weight. I am sleeping better and feeling better so "now I've got that going for me"!

Diane Sue, that workout you did yesterday was spectacular!!! Wow is all I can say. Todays workout you did are some of my favorites. That was some great calorie burn you got today. I think I get a better calorie burn because I am defiantly not in as good of shape as you and I have to work so much harder so I burn more calories.

DOZ,
Back and Biceps are a great STS workout! No, I have not lost any weight! I am going through menopause and cant seem to budge the scale unless I starve myself which I cant do because I am so hungry from working out.
Roselyn, have a nice workout today.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, nice workout and calorie burn as usual :) I am sorry your son is having anxiety over this. If you have him being tutoring maybe they can help him prepare for the exams. It is good that you are there as an understanding sounding board. Not everyone has an idea of what they want to do. My grandson that is graduating this year has thought he wanted to be a fireman, a policeman, a dentist, and now he isn't sure what he wants so basic college is probably the way to start. He has been accepted to a university. You can only hope for the very best for them as they reach adulthood. I kind of wondered where the idea to become a dentist came from :)

Roselyn, good to see you are keeping up with Beast.

Tomorrow is the shorter workout from Amy's Drop Sets on the split at a little over 50 minutes, so I will probably have plenty of time to get in some cardio as well. This time I have the moves all down and it should go more quickly. I had over 15,000 steps today since I went to the store and worked outside in the yard for a couple of hours :D

Today I did a total body workout with a Rep Out Set with the 3rd circuit. Had a good workout, it was tough.

Did 3 circuits of 8 reps, doing the Rep Out Set with the 3rd circuit, no rest during the circuits but rested a bit in between starting a new set. I warmed up with GS Chest & Tris. The Rep Out exercises were 16 reps each.

Incline Barbell Press - 75#
Rep Out Set - Pushups - 16 reps
Barbell Overhead Press - 45#/1 set - 40#/2 sets
Rep Out Set - Plate Front Raise - 12#/16 reps
Dumbbell Rows - 25's
Rep Out Set - Run Rows - 12's/16 reps
Lying Dumbbell Extensions - 15's
Rep Out Set - Kickbacks - 8's/16 reps
Dumbbell Curls - 22's
Rep Out Set - Hammer Curls - 15's/16 reps
Static Lunges - 22's
Rep Out Set - Plie Squats - 25#/16 reps

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 222 calories. Avg HR was 130 and Max was 158.

Then I walked on my treadmill for a bit. Reading a good book. I have read several really good books lately, I love to read! Workout was 20 minutes, went 1.02 miles, burned 115 calories and went 2478 steps. Avg HR was 104 and Max was 135.

Jolie - Nice job with your workout, sorry you didn't get it all in. Hope your son is doing better today.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! I need to start stretching more, not sure why I don't take the time to do that. I love yoga and yet never do it.

Roselyn - Great job with BB!!! You are rockin it!

DOZ - Press Play is fun but I have to be in the mood to do that one, it is long. But dang does it give your a good calories burn!! Nice job!!

Morning guys,

Today’s workout, Cardio Kicks And LesMill’s Core Attack. I enjoyed both workouts this morning, felted really strong. I’ll check back in a bit.

Today's workout was To the Max Step Hiit Tabata 30/20 and Solid step sections with the warm up and cool down, 40 minutes, 287 calories, met 6.5, 2,844 steps. I followed this with Amy Bento Ross Drop Set Strength split #2, chest, biceps, triceps, and core, 65 minutes (10 min over time)
met 4.o, 288 calories, 958 steps. Total time was 1 hour 45 minutes, 574 calories. map my fitness had the weights at 381 calories !! I used the weights setting on the Fit Bit, but don't think it made a difference at all.
Chest
see saw press (alternating bench press) 20#dbs 8 resp, 15#dbs, 10 reps, 12#dbs 12 reps
push ups on toes hands extended forward 8 count at 4 reps, push ups 10 reps, push ups on knees hands extended 12 reps
fly's 20#dbs 8 reps, 15#dbs 10 reps, 10# dbs 12 reps
Biceps
bentover concentration curl(done in a squat position rotate at the bottom) 20# db 8 reps, 15#db 10 reps, 12#db 12 rep all right then repeat left
hammer curl 20# 8 reps, (from the hip starting less range) 15#dbs 10 reps, 10#dbs 12 reps curl into long curl
seated curl 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps (turn to bench like pouring at bottom) , 5#dbs 8reps( curl to long curl turn to step)
Triceps
wide kickback 15#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead tension press (bringing dumbbells together at end of move) 12#dbs 8 reps, 10#dbs 10 reps, 8#dbs 12 reps
triceps push ups with bench 3 risers fall down push ups 8 reps, push up jump back walk in 10 reps, push up with one leg elevated 12 reps
Core
standing figure 8 with halos 8#dbs 8 reps right and left repeat
tuck levitation 8 on step 8 on floor repeat
crunch lying on step with head elevated arms extended overhead 8 reps repeat
plank on step hop knees in right then left 8 reps repeat

Debbie, great workout today. I like to get in some extra stretching. It is easy to skip , but much needed.

Doz, nice workout this morning.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.