Lifting like girls

Short and simple ab day, 3 sets of cable crunches x 20/ knee to chest planks x 100 and that's it! More Bball on tap today. I am pulling for the Big 12 teams...4 are still left, 2 are in the Sweet 16 but will see at the end of the day if the other 2 make it!
Enjoy your Sunday friends.

Today I was able to research the question "what do you do if you get stuck on bench and you have a bench block attached"? Answer: hmmmm! Yep, that happened today and I had thought about and was going to try some things at 115...NOT 215! Today, after warm up, it called for 5 singles at 90%. I raised it 10# from last week so it was 215. The first 4 singles were great, but on the 5th I got the bar up too high (toward chin) and FAILED..BIG TIME! There I was, stuck! Usually I roll the bar down BUT, "bar don't roll with block on lol!!) I thought about push up, pull down on opposite sides, but elected to try to slide it down toward my knees and it went up on the edge of the block, the block popped off and the bar came crashing down near an area that would have been more frightening several years ago! After the block popped of and I realized I was still alive though traumatized, I finished the "roll of shame". Any way, today was heavy day, warm ups at 115, 155, 175, 195, and 4 singles at 215 (1 f), 195 x 3 3 4, 175 x 7 7 7 and I did an extra set (punishment for the fail) at 165 x8. Accessories were db rows 90, 3x8, pushdowns 3x8 (raised 5#), side lat/ front raise, 3x8 (30s) and I added 3 sets of rear delt flys because I think rear delts have been getting missed a little (40s) 3x12 and db curls (50s), 3x8 and added 2 sets of conc curls (40s), 2x10 since tris get a lot of work on bench and I don't want bi's lagging! This thang took about 90 min...33 sets and while I love it, I was ready to call it a day! I cant believe it, but I really am not very sore from leg day, so I guess no excuses for tomorrow! Survive Monday friends!

Tom, yikes! What a scary bench experience . Glad you are ok!!! Be careful with your crazy self! Are any of your teams still in the NCAA playoffs?

Karen, hi!

Saturday was Triple Fit Live. Karen ,you would like this one I think. 10 cardio blasts on a 6 or 8 inch step, then endurance legs then endurance UB, ending with core. Good and sweaty! Today was Low Impact Metabolic Blast (or something like that) from the Fit Split DVDs. Yep, I finally did a new DVD workout ! Have a great day everyone. Sure feels like Monday. .ugh

Not a good leg day...in fact lousy! The knee felt good when I started, got my sleeve on and was ready to "rock and roll". In fact, I decided to try some bench squats it felt so good. I started at 115 and reps 1-4 felt great, #5, however, was a disaster. That ended my BB squats. I decided to go to db squats and was able to do 3 sets with increasing weight...I guess just a different angle of weight distribution. Next were gob squats, and I have always been able to do these, but on the 5th rep again it felt like the knee was going to blow up. I was getting really frustrated by this time but thought I would try sumo squats...dunno why because it is similar to gob squats on foot placement etc, but I was able to do 3x12?? WTH! With my newfound confidence I decided to try rev lunges and on the 4th rep I almost went down..felt fine before that point. DEPRESSING!! I finished with 3 sets of heavy db calf raises and 3 sets of single unweighted calf raises. Depression in the dungeon!! Hope my commando friends fare better...conquer the day!

Tom, feeling your pain today. I have had some terrible neck and back pain for a week. Im still working out because it feels well enough but I have had to modify some moves for sure. I just find that total rest never works for me with aches and pains. Anyway, we're in this crappy boat together.

So, that being the case, I did Cathe's Lower Body Blast DVD, as best as I could today. Let's get past this garbage, shall we?

Today was light day (bench only). It was 4x7 at 70% with only 2 sets of warm ups. For accessories, 1 arm cable pulls x10x9x8, seated db press x10x9x7. ez bar curls x10x9x8 and tri pushdowns x10x9x8...about 40 minutes, 18 sets. Working today and Fri this week so off I go. Have a good one friends!

Tom, feeling your pain today. I have had some terrible neck and back pain for a week. Im still working out because it feels well enough but I have had to modify some moves for sure. I just find that total rest never works for me with aches and pains. Anyway, we're in this crappy boat together.

So, that being the case, I did Cathe's Lower Body Blast DVD, as best as I could today. Let's get past this garbage, shall we?
Lisa, hope the nagging back and neck stuff improves..,that is no fun! Good on ya for working thru it! Hang in there!

Circuit abs today on rest day. I did a 4 set circuit 3 times and increased the reps or time each circuit, cable crunches (I am up 25# over what I started with and it is a little hard to stay down on the ground) x12 x15 x20/ knee to chest plank x60 x75 x100/ cable crunches x12 x15 x20/ side planks x45 sec x60 sec x75 sec. Making each circuit harder was interesting but seemed effective! I haven't been doing any deads at all, but, after seeing the chiropractor, the back feels much better, so I did 2 short sets of 5 at 205 to see if it was ok and it was good. I wanted to work the posterior chain a little since I haven't for a while and it was good to be able to do some stuff. I will try to get some heavier deads in as I go...maybe Saturdays with legs. Lisa, hope the back and neck improves...I'm old, what is your excuse lol! Karen, hope hubby has a safe, productive trip and everything goes well and, by the way, we know you NEVER slack!! Hope life is good friends!

with legs. Lisa, hope the back and neck improves...I'm old, what is your excuse lol! Karen, hope

Thanks, Tom! My excuse? Kids!!! Bending down, picking up a todder from weird angles (esp during a tantrum), hoisting around a baby, you know, all the Mom War Zone stuff. :) Got an amazing deep tissue massage on Tuesday, the most vigorous I've ever had. When I got home I drank 6 cups of water and literally passed out for an hour on the couch (don't worry, DH was watching the little ones). It helped so much, felt my muscles literally flushing out the toxins. Needless to say that I am going to get these more often!

Hi guys. Sorry I have been MIA. My husband is basically moving to Puerto Rico, so I have been busy getting things in order. Will be back next week. I have taken time to workout, haven't been slacking. Talk later! Make it GREAT!

Karen, guess that means your DH won the electrical bid? Wow, congrats! But also sorry for the major stress you are feeling! Will you get to join him at any point? Best to you as you do the ultimate workout...Move Max

Thanks, Tom! My excuse? Kids!!! Bending down, picking up a todder from weird angles (esp during a tantrum), hoisting around a baby, you know, all the Mom War Zone stuff. :) Got an amazing deep tissue massage on Tuesday, the most vigorous I've ever had. When I got home I drank 6 cups of water and literally passed out for an hour on the couch (don't worry, DH was watching the little ones). It helped so much, felt my muscles literally flushing out the toxins. Needless to say that I am going to get these more often!
That excuse DEFINITELY legit!!! Glad the deep tissue helped Lisa!!

Oh Lisa, I'm so envious. That massage sounds soooo wonderful, where do I sign for that one? Nice work all, I have been reading your posts, and working out. Just haven't posted.
I'm not moving right now. I will stay here, and try to get things in order. Can't say married life hasn't been an adventure! I'm not so sure I want to live in PR. DH learned that the unemployment rate there is 45%, and they have iguanas on the island. I HATE reptiles, especially snakes, and I think they do have snakes. Argghh. Anyway I will be here for awhile. I've been doing this for most of married life, so it's nothing new, and I'm pretty good at rolling with the punches. DH loves to work, and wants to retire at 85. Yea, right! He found his passion early, and he's very good at what he does! What can I say? I'm ready to retire, and be done with all of it. Maybe another month, or six weeks.
This week has been my usual mish mosh. Just trying to get some sort of workout in. That's about it guys. Keep working it, and we'll talk later.
Oh, one more thing. When I was doing Body Beast, a couple of years ago. I had a sore neck the whole time. Don't know if it was the program, or something else. In fact, it started feeling better, just about a year ago. I think it had something to do with Body Beast, but have no idea what triggered it. So I can relate. A pain in the neck, is just that!
It's nice that Cathe is having a Spring Sale. I have every DVD and VHS she's ever done. So nothing for me!

Karen, is PR a new "permanent" home? I just figured it was a temporary move, like 6 months to a year? I am sure it is gorgeous there, but yeah the humidity and jungles/forests bring reptiles. Probably huge spiders, too. BUT gorgeous beaches and amazing food and a wonderful culture. So, keep us posted as to what you do. I like knowing that you are one state away, so I will need to know if that changes!!!! Yeah marriage is a crazy ride. I bet you and your DH are amazing engineers. Lol on the Cathe sale. I feel the same way. What good does it do me since I have them all, haha! Do you have Cathe's Get Ready for Your Wedding workout, or whatever it is called? I think that's the only one I don't have.

Thanks to the massage I am still feeling better! Yay! Cant blame Body Beast like you, Karen. Just my kids!!!!! Yesterday was legs, today was upper body and tomorrow I think will be the newest Live. TGIF!

Karen, is PR a new "permanent" home? I just figured it was a temporary move, like 6 months to a year? I am sure it is gorgeous there, but yeah the humidity and jungles/forests bring reptiles. Probably huge spiders, too. BUT gorgeous beaches and amazing food and a wonderful culture. So, keep us posted as to what you do. I like knowing that you are one state away, so I will need to know if that changes!!!! Yeah marriage is a crazy ride. I bet you and your DH are amazing engineers. Lol on the Cathe sale. I feel the same way. What good does it do me since I have them all, haha! Do you have Cathe's Get Ready for Your Wedding workout, or whatever it is called? I think that's the only one I don't have.

Thanks to the massage I am still feeling better! Yay! Cant blame Body Beast like you, Karen. Just my kids!!!!! Yesterday was legs, today was upper body and tomorrow I think will be the newest Live. TGIF!

I do have that workout. I have it on VHS. It was never transferred to DVD. It has shots of Cathe’s wedding. Haven’t done it for many years, but it includes cardio and weights. Good workout, is what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Didn't make it this morning, less than 2 hours sleep and figured it would be a waste of time so alarm reset day! It will push me back a day, medium day tomorrow and legs and core Sunday...compromise compromise!
Karen, I know you love it in Utah, and hope whatever you guys want you get! Lisa, glad the massage helped!
By the way, I'm watching Kansas play and already a Big Mac xtra value meal and 900 calories worth of jelly beans DOWN!! UGH

Today was medium day where your working sets are 5-7 sets of 3-5 reps at 80% of 1RM. For me, that was 195 (thank you 2 3/4 in block) and I did 6 sets of 3 and finished with a set of 4. I wanted to do some more sets at a lighter weight but since I have heavy day Monday, it didn't make sense to push it. For accessories it was 4 sets of: pullovers 4x8, seated BB shoulder press 4x5 (Too lazy to take off the 35's that live there) and since all the bench work is tough on the front delts, 4x5 was all I could manage. For bi's it was db curls 3x7 and 1x9 and finished with skullcrushers 3x7, then I had to drop 10# and 1x12..all the bench. presses and even pullovers pretty much "pre fried" the tri's!! At least I think I got rid of the jellybeans!!
Karen, I'm sure you remember my "love" for bodybeast! Just too fast, and I think just asking for injuries. I only lasted a little while, and while I'm sure it would work, I couldn't stand him long enough to stay with it! If you move to PR you are going to have to tell hubby to get in gear and get the grid fixed so we can follow your exploits...we will NOT tolerate the loss of our fearless leader!!
Lisa. you need to do your own video series...LISA LIVE...complete with "kid presses" "sibling squats" and "rowdy rough house rows"! I don't know how you get your w/o's in...seriously! Have a great weekend friends and yes....my team is still dancing!! In fact the Big 12 has 3 teams in the "elite 8"!

Tom, stop the stress eating jelly beans during the games! Lol! I'm a chocolate girl, no temptation to overdo it on the jelly beans or the big Mac for that matter. But a big bowl of ice cream? Yes please! Glad you got your workout in today. You will have to let me know how the NCAA stuff ends up. I don't follow it, neither does my DH.

I think if I tried Lisa Live as a side business, everyone would cancel their subscription! Way too much singing of Wheels on the Bus, too much crying, and way way too much potty talk...poop, pee, boogers. Scary! I'd be in the crazy house if it weren't for the workouts. They keep me sane!

May the force of Spring be with you both!

Lisa, I would stick with you! I’m quite familiar with poop, pee and boogers talk. I still remember wheels on the bus,.......and it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I would love a workout like that. How about it, Tom. Are you ready to sing along. It would be quite refreshing. I’ve been doing some of Hannah Eden’s workouts on You Tube. Great workouts, but, she has quite a potty mouth. Maybe that’s why I like her so much! WTH. Took DH to the airport at 4:00 this am. Then had to go back home and get something he forgot. Flies to Las Vegas, then on to Hartford, CT. Has to stop by that house to get some things. Orlando tomorrow am. Then on to San Juan. He just sent a text. All kinds of freaky people boarding in Las Vegas. Think Star Wars bar scene. Talk later! Tom keep it up, you’re killin’ it. Fill us in on the games. No clue here! BTW not a fan of Body Beast either. Too many other programs that are better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.