Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Hi everyone,

I did my workout a while ago, just getting around to post. I did SBF D46 Old School Arms = 20 min + Tracie Long Longevity Series Step Forward. Why did I waited to so long to do this workout? I had a blast!

Diane Sue - I hope Brawler is getting a break. He needs one. He was so stressed out last night. Poor baby! His new front wheels are coming tomorrow. He is sleeping right now, which is good. The meds seem to work. I am a little tired these day's. we all need a break. Nice job on the KCM workouts.

Doreen - thanks about Brawler. I agree, he needs a break. He is resting with the meds. At least he isn't moving to much.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, I checked out the Tracey Long Longivity series staying Power from the library and liked it. They have two of them at our library. I tried a Focus one, but did not like it as much. She has a couple of new ones that just came out that looked interesting. I bet Brawler will appreciate his new front wheels when they get there. I guess outings are not going to happen till he gets rid of the catheter. Poor puppy.

I was dragging this morning... Just no get up and go. I tried to do KCM Lean Body Circuits but my legs felt like lead during the cardio. Oh well. Its the end of the week so maybe that's why?

Today I started with Build and Burn Tabata Legs, 29 minutes, 169 calories, met 4.8, heart rate average 105, max 138, 1,115 steps. I then did Fit Split legs and glutes timesaver mix#3 skipping all but 2 minutes of the warm up, 32 minutes, 165 calories, met 4.7, hert rate average 105, max 130, 1,063 steps. Total time was 61 minutes, 334 calories Neither workout has rests between sets , so move fairly fast. I am still contemplating how I want to do upper tomorrow as I would like a bit of cardio tomorrow as well. I have two birthday cakes to make and decorate tomorrow and birthday dinner and decorating. I guess I will see what I accomplish today. I think the roads are better and we are above freezing so I need to make a couple of errand trips.
weights
B&B tabata legs
banded side steps med band
kickstand dead lifts 15# dbs 6 rt 6 lt, 20# dbs 6 rt, 6 lt
squat variations 20# dbs 6 regular, 6 reps right, 6 left
side lunge into knee pull bodyweight 2 sets
front and back lunges 20# dumbbells 2 sets right and left
split stance plyo pops bodyweight
plié variations 15# dbs 4 sets
wide stance deadlift squat ups 15# dbs 4 sets
bridges 8 sets
Fit Split weights gliding disc warm up sets, I did not dot he kickbox warm up
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
squats 25# dbs 16 reps
rear lunge off step 12# dbs
forward diagonal lunges 15# dbs
push dips off step 12# dbs 15 and 3 sets of 7
deadlift 25# dbs 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 12# dbs
slide lunge side 15# dbs
elevated lunges 15# dbs
single leg deadlift 30# dbs

Doreen, maybe your legs just need a break. I feel like that sometimes.

Hi everyone,

I did get my workout in this morning, while Brawler was sleeping. Those meds knock him out. I did LM BS 68 with my neighbor today. She came over and we worked out in my living room. I also did SBF LB today.

Have a great evening.

Belinda, it is probably good that Brawler is getting extra sleep so he can heal. I bet that was fun working out with your neighbor.

Diane Sue - we called the vet, I was worried about Brawler. He was breathing really hard. He uses the same meds for thunderstorms but way stronger. The lower dose is kicking his butt for some reason. I was worried they gave me the wrong meds :( Brawler must be in pain, it's affecting him differently. The vet thinks I should give him more meds, but he sleeps all day long and is really drugged up :( Brawlers new wheels came today. We will set this cart up tomorrow. I know, it's touch for him not to move and lay around all day long. DH and I move him around, since he can't lay on one side all day long or he gets bed sores. I did had a lot of fun with my neighbor today. Brawler slept right through all that, lol.

Valerie, I am sorry Brawler is having such a rough time. It seems if he is sleeping all day long that more meds would not do much for him. I would be afraid more might be bad for him. Particularly is he is breathing hard. I would suppose pain could make him breath hard. It would bother me with him sleeping all of the time. Does he wince when you touch him? I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Gertie would kind of jump and wince when I would touch her hip. She had a cut on it and we think when she was running through the house chasing her squeaky ball that she ran across the corner of the brick fireplace. She is okay now and the hair is growing back over the cut. Anyway, I could tell her whole hip was sore. I am guessing maybe bruised.. She gets crazy and runs up and down the stairs with her toy and through the house. Particularly when my husband plays with her and teases and gets her all excited. I will be glad when we can play ball outside again. Although I think she will welcome it inside too. She lays her toy at my feet when I workout or on the foot of my husbands recliner wanting us to play.

Hi guys,

GS legs and SBF UB is done.

Diane Sue - that's exactly how I feel :( I stopped giving Brawler the meds to calm him down. He sleeps way to much with the meds. He still on the antibiotic. Did you go to a vet with Gertie? Hope she feels better soon.

That's it for me today. Have a great weekend, everyone. Its raining outside.

This morning I did Yvette's Medicine Ball Hiit from Youtube. It was 40/10 intervals with cardio and core moves for the first 45 mintues. Then she got out the step and did a couple sets of biceps and some cardio with 5lb dbs. The last section felt kinda disjointed from the first part of the class. But it was a good workout - not so crazy on the jumping and cardio that I had to modify a lot. I didn't really feel that any of the intervals really reached HIIT level but still a good, fun cardio workout.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today I started with Fit Split Mixed Impact cardio, no warm up, 25 minutes, 179 calories, met 6.5, heart rate 142, average 186, 2,535, I skipped the stretch. I then did Fit Split single sets Pull and single sets Push, 21 minutes,( I did not do the warm up or lower and just the stretch of push), 105 calories, met 4.5. I went on to I finished off with the extended stretch from STS, 15 minutes, 41 calories. 94 minutes, 482 calories.
Fit Split pull and Push weights
1 arm rows 30# 12 reps
pullovers 15# dbs 8 reps
overhand row with loop 15# dbs 10 reps
Deadlifts 50# barbell 10 reps
upright row 35# 10 reps
rear delt flys 12# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 10 reps
external rotation 5# dbs with loop
barbell curls 45# 10 reps
w curls 15# dbs 10 reps
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10 reps
bench press 20# dbs 10 reps
chest fly's 15# dbs 10 reps
knee tap push ups 10 reps
plyo push ups 20 reps 10 close 10 wide
alternating close grip bench press 20# 16 reps
lying extensions 40# barbell 10 reps
dips 40# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 35# barbell 10 reps
goal post 15# dumbbells 10 reps
Build and Burn Supersets 8 reps 3 rounds
reverse grip press 12,12,12 # dbs superset with lateral raise and extend 8,8,8# dbs
pulse curls 15,15,15# dbs superset with pledges 15,15,15# dbs
seated overhead extension 25,25,25# db superset with tate press 15,15,15#dbs
reverse grip bench press 15,15,15#dbs,superset with connected dumbbell press 15,15,15# dbs
seated rows 17.5,17.5, 17.5# dumbbells superset with cross rows 25#, 25#,25# db
burnout 10# dbs except last move which is 10#

I used the rebounder for some of the mixed impact jumping today and just to add a few jumps in between stuff. My grandson came over for awhile this afternoon. I am still preparing for tomorrow's family birthday party. The cakes are finally done. My husband always has to have German Chocolate with homemade icing.

Belinda, Gertie seems fine now and the fur is starting to cover the cut. I would not have noticed since she was still active, except she kept licking her wound and then I was running my hands over her and noticed her jerk and kind of wince. After that I kept a close eye on her, but she was still wanting to run and play. She does not jump anymore when I run my hand over her hip. I generally give her a going over and file her nails in the mornings before I do my workout. It is part of our routine. She loves it when I say relax, she lays her head down and I pet her, talk to her and file her nails, then just pet her and check her over. Then when I let her up she gets her toys ready for the workout :) I bet that German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany :)

Doreen, that workout sounds like one with enough changes to it that it would not get boring.

Hi everyone,

I did Jazzercise:Burlesque. Another fun and sweet workout I waited to long to try. Why didn't I pull that one out sooner? I was afraid, I couldn't follow the moves. Very fun workout.

Diane Sue - I am glad when the vet pull the catheter out tomorrow. His new wheels came Friday too. Glad Gertie is doing fine.

Doreen - I need to try some of her workouts. I noticed they very high impact.

That's it for me today.

Belinda, that is nice that you are finding some really fun workouts that you have not done yet :) I am hoping for the best for Brawler tomorrow. He can't be too comfortable with the catheter.

Family day today and when everyone left my husband had my grandson pull things out of the attic and we have went back to going through stuff to get rid of. It gets sort of nostalgic at times and seems to take forever.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump workout 1 cardio, 29 minutes, heart rate average 139, max 164, 192 calories, met 6, 2,812 steps. I then did Kelly's Lift Power Sculpting workout with 1 round of the floor segment that has the barbell rollouts and bridges( I think I hit the menu button or something and it stopped before the repeat), 45 minutes, heart rate average 103, max 136, 223 calories, met 4.7. I forget this one is more of a metabolic type workout with a lot of movement. I think I did do this one when I was going through the workouts recently and also did the Olympic lifting premix. Total time was 74 minutes and calories burned 415.

This morning I pulled out Metashred Extreme Legs 1 workout. 3 sets of each exercise for 30/15 and then a cardio move. 14 exercise sets total. Uses bands a lot and only a couple dumbells.

Hey guys,

I did GS BSB earlier today. Just getting around to post. I must have pulled a muscle in my knee, no barre workout (TB) for me today. Tomorrow is UB, I should be able to do it.

Brawlers catheter is out. It only took a few seconds. The doc wants him still on the antibiotics. DH put the front wheel on his K9 cart :( It's good for Brawler but not for me :( I am having a hard time getting him in/out the cart. With the full support cart (we added the front support) its harder for me to get in down the stairs and outside. We probably have to get a ramp for the stairs to help him and us to get in and out. I been online chatting with the K9 cart customer support to find a better solution. With the K9 rear support Brawler had a secure strap around this back. With the added front support he got a belly support and legs support but the strap that secures him in the cart is useless, it doesn't fit anymore. Of course, the front support kid didn't come with instructions. We having lots of fun. It's like putting a Erector Set together, lol.

Diane Sue - thanks about Brawler. He is so much happier today. Good job with your workouts.

Doreen - nice job today.

I will be back tomorrow. I am tired.

Doreen, nice workout today.

Belinda, trying to work with the cart sounds like a real experience. I don't suppose they have youtube visuals on using the new front part? I bet Brawler feels a lot more comfortable now. Maybe a couple of days of upper body or something not involving the knee and you will be good to go again.

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday - so today is a double shot!!

Yesterday I did Metashred extreme upper body #1. Same format as legs, 30/15 on each move, 14 moves total. Lots of band work at the beginning. Then I walked at my "treaddesk" to get some work done for 30 min. I also walked and worked last night for about 30 min.

This morning I did JS Walkstrong 2 total body mix and then walked and worked for 30 min. Work is definately picking up now so I need to be super efficient with my time!!

I got notification that the library purchased another KCM video I had requested through interlibrary loan. I requested Amped up CArdio Live and Athletic Conditioning vol 2 so we'll see which one they bought! Our library is going to have an extensive KCM collection because of me! Ha!

Belinda- hope your knee is feeling better and you can get things figured out with Brawler's new cart.
Diane Sue- great job with your workouts as always!

Today I did Kelly Coffey TLC (train like a contender) pre-mix lower conditioning, 18 minutes, 89 calories met 4.5, 910 steps. I then did Fit Split Low Impact cardio skipping some of it and no stretch, 19 minutes, 126 calories, met 6.0 ( I don't have heart rate other than I pulled up an average on Fit Bit of 125 since I forgot to turn it on till near the end), I then did Fit Split Legs and Glutes skipping the warm up and only doing the gliding disc before weights, 29 minutes, 170 calories, 5.3 met, heart rate average 114, max 147, 1,091 steps. I finished off with the lower squats, high tight, calves and stretch from Fit Split Pull, 12 minutes. 60 calories, met 4.5. Total time was 78 minutes, 445 calories.
Fit Split weights gliding disc warm up sets, I did not dot he kickbox warm up
deadlifts 30# dbs 12 reps
squats 30# dbs 16 reps
rear lunge off step 15# dbs
forward diagonal lunges 15# dbs
push dips off step 12# dbs 15 and 3 sets of 7
deadlift 30# dbs 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 15# dbs
slide lunge side 15# dbs
elevated lunges 12# dbs
single leg deadlift 30# dbs
Push day heel elevated front squats 35# 12 reps with high tight body weight(4 0f 32) repeat 3 times
calf raise 20# dbs 50 reps

Doreen, nice that you have your tread desk :) It is that time of year so I am sure that you are getting busy. Both of those Kelly workouts are good ones :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.