DVD vs on demand vs Live

laxlover

I still am old school and buying DVD. In the past, I didn't have a smart TV in my workout space. I just got a new TV with Apple TV on it. My question is, Are most people switching over to Cathe on Demand to avoid the clutter of DVDs? How many people still buy DVD and get Cathe Live. Just exploring my options since my TV upgrade in my workout room. TIA!

I still am old school and buying DVD. In the past, I didn't have a smart TV in my workout space. I just got a new TV with Apple TV on it. My question is, Are most people switching over to Cathe on Demand to avoid the clutter of DVDs? How many people still buy DVD and get Cathe Live. Just exploring my options since my TV upgrade in my workout room. TIA!
Great question...I was wondering the same thing. I am old school too-I continue to buy the DVDs and I also do Cathe Live on my Apple TV which I love. But it seems like everyone else in the world is streaming everything. I think I just read somewhere on here that Cathe is putting a focus (attention, time, expense, etc.) into the On Demand service this year which makes me wonder when DVDs eventually will be no longer just like 8-track tapes, cassette tapes & VHS are relics. It would be nice to not have the clutter of DVDs piling up, but it's a hard habit to break- thinking a disc is easy to put in & out & pause/stop where you want...which leads to my next question: Is it possible to skip parts of a workout On Demand without using the blender? Anyone out there who can tell us what they like about On Demand other than the workout blender?

I am also old school. I still own the first Cathe step workout on VHS, so I am old :).

I have most of the Cathe DVD series. However, I just signed up for Live and On Demand this month. My thought would be it would give me a chance to try the few series that I don't have. I also thought I could try the Live workouts to add variety. I found that I do like it. I use a Fire Stick for my access.

I found I can fast forward or rewind to a different section of the workout just like on the DVD. I have been taking advantage of the pre-mixes. I have learned that the screen goes black after each section as it moves to the next section. At first I was a little taken aback by this and thought there was a problem, but I did a little research on this site and found that is normal.

I like the fact that all the workouts are in one place. I can switch to a different workout on the screen as opposed to ejecting and inserting the new workout. I like that the premixes are listed on the screen when you click on a workout, so you can select the full workout or a premix. But I will admit, I still pop in the DVD if I have that workout on DVD. I have not tried the workout blender yet, but I have a workout blend that I would like to try out, so that is next.

I am still undecided how I feel about it. I am signed up for 6 months to try it out. I guess my biggest concern is that I don't actually own the workout. I like streaming the workouts, but I have to keep up the service to get access to the workouts I don't have on DVD.

Good luck with your decisions to try it.

Linda

I am also old school. I still own the first Cathe step workout on VHS, so I am old :).

I have most of the Cathe DVD series. However, I just signed up for Live and On Demand this month. My thought would be it would give me a chance to try the few series that I don't have. I also thought I could try the Live workouts to add variety. I found that I do like it. I use a Fire Stick for my access.

I found I can fast forward or rewind to a different section of the workout just like on the DVD. I have been taking advantage of the pre-mixes. I have learned that the screen goes black after each section as it moves to the next section. At first I was a little taken aback by this and thought there was a problem, but I did a little research on this site and found that is normal.

I like the fact that all the workouts are in one place. I can switch to a different workout on the screen as opposed to ejecting and inserting the new workout. I like that the premixes are listed on the screen when you click on a workout, so you can select the full workout or a premix. But I will admit, I still pop in the DVD if I have that workout on DVD. I have not tried the workout blender yet, but I have a workout blend that I would like to try out, so that is next.

I am still undecided how I feel about it. I am signed up for 6 months to try it out. I guess my biggest concern is that I don't actually own the workout. I like streaming the workouts, but I have to keep up the service to get access to the workouts I don't have on DVD.

Good luck with your decisions to try it.

Linda
Thank you Commit2Fit! Good stuff to know-it sounds easy & convenient but I also feel like I have to physically own a copy. Still considering it.

Thank you Commit2Fit! Good stuff to know-it sounds easy & convenient but I also feel like I have to physically own a copy. Still considering it.

I understand 100%. I am trying to decide if I should just buy the ones I don't have after my subscription ends. I have gotten the chance to try them, so I know I will use them.

I love Cathe's On Demand. I signed up the day it started and haven't looked back. RWH is the last dvd series I bought. I don't use anything fancy for my streaming. I just use a laptop and an HDMI cable to connect it to my tv which has a bigger screen than the laptop, or else I would just use the laptop like I use to. You cannot beat the new blender that comes with On Demand. You can make any premix you can think of and you can download other users premixes if they choose to share them. The possibilities are endless. I'm considering in the future to maybe get rid of my dvds, but not yet. Maybe when my dvd player breaks. But I find I very rarely reach for an actual dvd anymore.

I love Cathe's On Demand. I signed up the day it started and haven't looked back. RWH is the last dvd series I bought. I don't use anything fancy for my streaming. I just use a laptop and an HDMI cable to connect it to my tv which has a bigger screen than the laptop, or else I would just use the laptop like I use to. You cannot beat the new blender that comes with On Demand. You can make any premix you can think of and you can download other users premixes if they choose to share them. The possibilities are endless. I'm considering in the future to maybe get rid of my dvds, but not yet. Maybe when my dvd player breaks. But I find I very rarely reach for an actual dvd anymore.
Thank you Firemedic! You have me seriously considering it!

Great question...I was wondering the same thing. I am old school too-I continue to buy the DVDs and I also do Cathe Live on my Apple TV which I love. But it seems like everyone else in the world is streaming everything. I think I just read somewhere on here that Cathe is putting a focus (attention, time, expense, etc.) into the On Demand service this year which makes me wonder when DVDs eventually will be no longer just like 8-track tapes, cassette tapes & VHS are relics. It would be nice to not have the clutter of DVDs piling up, but it's a hard habit to break- thinking a disc is easy to put in & out & pause/stop where you want...which leads to my next question: Is it possible to skip parts of a workout On Demand without using the blender? Anyone out there who can tell us what they like about On Demand other than the workout blender?

I'm old school love my DVDs collection,I do also love Cathe Live.
I looking forward to reading everyone's answers too[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have On Demand. I've had it since about last Mother's Day (It worked out well; hubby got me a 6 month subscription for Mother's Day, and then again 6 months later for our anniversary. He's happy to give me a gift I'll like, and I'm happy too! :D)

Fit Split is the first series that I haven't preordered in about 10 years, and it still feels weird to me to not have the DVDs. But it's great to be able to access the workouts anywhere, including on vacation. And I love the workout blender, both being able to make my own mixes and to try other people's. Plus I've been a Cathe Live subscriber since near the beginning, and still love it.

I definitely get the hesitation, though. I always felt that I needed to have the physical DVDs, and like I said it still feels weird that I don't for FS. And I didn't feel like I needed On Demand since I had all of the workouts already. But I do feel like I'm getting a lot of use out of it, and do plan to continue my subscription when it comes due again.

I don't have a computer at home, no smart phone, no smart tv, nor do I have a tablet of any kind. All of that is completely unnecessary and way too costly for my life. I LOVE my Cathe dvd collection and hope she never stops. It is the most simple, reliable way for me to choose and do my workouts. Buy the dvds once and they are all at my fingertips (and always preordering new series is dirt cheap! way cheaper than any gym membership). I don't find they are clutter at all. In fact they are easier to store than my workout equipment. I think I've said it before--I don't even have a couch, just all my dumbbells and barbell lined up along a wall in my living room.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.