Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for December2017

Today I did Kelly's Build and Burn Trim and Tone and used 10# dbs instead of 8#. I wasn't sure how this would work with some of t he shoulder stuff, but I was fine with it. This was 25 minutes, 166 calories, heart rate 128 average, 169 max. I then did Kelly's Lean BOdy Circuits, boxing premix, 21 minutes, 138 calories, heart rate average 138, max 185 ??. This must have been a brief hit. Maybe when I was helping dh with some with some framing for the room he is adding upstairs. I had to reach overhead to hold it in place when he was screwing it in and helped cart some heavy stuff upstairs. I had several stop and breaks through my workout today. I finished off with Kelly's Slim Sculpting premix core/abs. 32 minutes, 15# kettlebell, heart rate 108, max 142, 143 calories. Total time was 78 minutes, calories 447 calories.

Jolie, great job on the walk and calorie burn. That is nice weather. We need some moisture here badly. I do not want snow and ice, but wee could sure use a bit of rain. I hadn't thought of TJ Max. I always think that I should check them out and never do. I have 1 10# kettlebell that I got at Walmart once just to do a couple of more cardiovascular bouncing around the room type of kettlebell workouts. I was doing these workouts with a 15 and felt it was really too much for some of it.

Roselyn, I have heard of All In 18, but not checked them out. Glad you enjoyed the live workout :)

Today I did Kelly's Trim & Tone and really liked it, I love these tabata style workouts! However it was only 25 minutes long, not 30. I did the last circuit again just to make it to 30 minutes. Kind of bummed this wasn't longer, she certainly could have done two other circuits. I used 8# dumbbells and that was enough for me. Some of the moves made my upper backa bit tight but it feels ok now.

I also did the Tabata workout from my treadmill app and had a blast doing that one again. Love it!! Got about .75 miles out of that workout, it's only 11 minutes. Then I walked on my treadmill until I ran out of time.

Total workout was 55 minutes, went 1.25 miles total on my TM, burned 362 calories and went 4844 steps. Avg. HR was 121 and Max was 158.

Diane Sue - Nice job doing that workout with 10's. 8's was hard enough for me and I had drop to 5's for the 2nd set of kickbacks. I will look around before I jump into getting kettlebells. I don't really see myself using them all that much.

Jolie - Wish it was 80 degrees here, I woke up to 5 degrees. 5!!!! It's freakin cold here!! We have our pellet stove on and burning 24/7. Glad you were able to get a walk in, nice job!!!

Roselyn - Glad you enjoyed your workout, I never heard of that one.

Today I just did Cathe's Party Rockin Step, 53 minutes, 380 calories, heart rate average, 146, max 175, 4,550 steps. I have lots of house work to do today. It seems I keep getting caught up in doing something else and nothing much is getting done. Also we are building this room and I keep having to clean up sawdust and wallboard fragments.

Debbie, I think a 15 # kettlebell would probably be good start to see how you like it. I have strength workouts that use kettlebells and find mine come in handy for other work such as overhead triceps extensions with one bell etc.. So, I don't feel I have wasted money on them. I think the work that hits the shoulders more in trim and tone would be better suited for 8# after doing them with 10's. My triceps and shoulders are a bit sore this morning. I contemplated doing the cardio mix portion of that workout a second time, but let it go and did another workout for cardio. I will do the set again next week. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow.

Today I started with STS #15 warm up and then did my own workout for BACK. I did 4 exercises, 12 reps, 10 reps and then one set TF. I finished with Leg Extensions. I took a 45 second rest between sets. workout was 33 minutes and I burned 210 calories.

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 10, x 15 TF

BB Rows- 50# x 12, x 10, x 15 TF

Deadlifts- 40# x 12, x 10, x 8 TF really out of shape with this exercise! Hurts my lower back.

Leg Ext.- 40# x 20, 50# x 16, x 14, x 15 TF

80 degrees here today and then it gets cooler. My kids are off school today so we are going to the beach! I am getting a tan at Christmas!!! The boys have finals next week so its studying all weekend and I am trying to finish my Christmas shopping. I am also getting my hair done, I swear I never have time for myself and I am looking pretty shabby lol!

Debbie, great job on the tabata workouts today! I am so ready to hit it hard again after the holidays. I am going to step up my walking and I want to get back on my elliptical when the weather is cold or raining. I also want to do more kickboxing because that is so good for my legs, all that kicking and squatting. Good job on the calorie burn. Are you taking next week off as a rest week?

Diane Sue, Nice workout today, Cathe's step workouts look like so much fun! As I mentioned before, I just cant do them I am not coordinated enough and I get really dizzy. I always wanted to master Low Max because it looks so good for the legs but just couldn't do it, it was hard on my knees with a of the lunging. You are really rocking it! What are you making for Christmas day for food. Since we are not having any company this year I thought I would grill steaks on the BBQ, make some garlic mashed potatoes, sour dough bread leak and beacon stuffing with some sort of veggie and possibly a pumpkin pie for the guys. After Christmas I am going on a lower carb diet, I love the cookbook Skinny Taste. I will also kick up my protein and get off all of the goodies like fudge and cookies ect.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today!

Going to the beach and having a Margarita!!!

Happy Holidays!

Jolie, nice work on STS back and adding on the leg extensions. I keep trying to clean my diet up. I have been doing so much cooking with family around lately that it has been hard. My husband was wanting to go back on low carb, me more Paleo clean eating. I made baked Ziti for Wednesday family dinner and bread sticks. Needless to say that was not a healthy meal. I do not normally eat much cheese or bread. Today has been good except I had about a half of a fried potato. My grandson was here and I was making him and my husband hamburgers and fried potatoes and he only had time for the burger because he got called into work and the potatoes were not done yet. I made myself a poached egg and cauliflower race and ate a few of the potatoes along with a salad with homemade Whole 30 salad dressing. I had planned on a yam with the poached egg. I have had so many cookies and pies around!! Christmas is at my daughter's so I am taking a lemon cream pie, deviled eggs, and salad. I do not like a meal without a bowl of greens :)

Today's workout was Les Mills Combat 30 live, 36 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 157, 258 calories, 3,636 steps. I then did Fit Tower Legs, Glutes, & Core mix legs and glutes only, 33 minutes, 183 steps, 109 calories. Total time was 69 minutes, 367 calories.

Today I did Kelly's - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 1, and had a great workout. I added extra sets to some of the segments.

Super Set #1
Rows
- 25's
Dumbbell Press - 30's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #2
Lawnmowers
- 25#
Dumbbell Flyes - 25's
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest

Super Set #3
Pullovers
- 30#
Push ups - 8 reps
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest (this is 2 sets, I added 1)

Super Set #4
Arnold Press
- 15's
Crunches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps not rest

Super Set #5
Lateral Raise
- 10's
Boxer Toe Touches - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets/8 reps no rest

Super Set #6
Bent Over Lateral Raise
-
10's
Supermans (but I did Oblique Twists) - 8# - 20 reps
Total of 3 sets/8 reps, no rest (this is 2 sets, I added 1)

Then I walked on my treadmill for .75 miles.

Today's workout was 54 minutes total, burned 215 calories and went 2540 steps. Avg. HR was 96, Max was 135.

So I've decided to take the week of New Year off and then I'm going to start the Body Beast rotation.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Got our Christmas shopping done. Can't believe Christmas is a week away. Have great workouts everyone!!!

This morning I did Build and Burn Cardio Core, 28 minutes, 185 calories, heart rate average 127, max, 176, 1,908 steps. I then did Build and Burn Upper Super Sets, 29 minutes, 125 calories, heart rate average 107, max 143, 813 steps. 310 calories total, 57 minutes.
Upper Body Supersets
reverse grip press 12,12,12 dumbbells 8 reps each superset
lateral raise and extend 10,8,8 dumbbells 8 reps

pulse curls 15,12,12 dumbbells
pledges 15,15,15 dumbbells

seated overhead extension 25# , 25, 25 dumbbell
tate press 15,15,15 fumbbells

reverse grip bench press 17.5, 15,15 dumbbells
cionnected dumbbell press 17.5, 15,15 dumbbells

seated row 17.5, 15,15 dumbbells
standing cross row 25#,25,25 dumbbell

Burn out 10# dumbbells, upright row, biceps run, kickbacks, row with single dumbbell

Debbie, I am working with Kelly's workouts and may add in some other stuff till Cathe's new workouts come. I think this week I want to do two of the build and burn strength and cardio Monday and Wednesday and then the Trim and Tone on Friday with other cardio and core stuff mixed between. I may change my mind though. You got in some good weights with Muscle Up today. I try to make myself do the supermans , but I do not like doing them. I have to make a dreaded Walmart trip today. I have not been there in over a month. I go to Sprouts and the Walmart grocery and avoid the supercenter as much as possible. My shopping is done for Christmas , but I have 3 birthdays next month to think about.

Today I went for a long walk outside, it is beautiful here today. I walked 7 miles, 2 hours 10 minutes and I burned 1021 calories!!! My feet are sore because the new shoes I purchased last week had to be sent back because they didn't fit and my shoes that I use now are very broken down. I will get some new one's hopefully this week and put some good insoles in them for extra cushion.

Debbie and Diane Sue, nice workout today! Did you get the new Cathe workout DVD's in the mail yet? Curious to know what you think of them. I have seen the clips but the cardio is not my style. However, the weight lifting looks good but I am sure it is similar to some of her Cathe live workouts.

I may just do cardio this week because I have been eating more than usual and I could stand to burn some serious calories!!! oink oink...

Jolie, I got your Christmas card today. You have a beautiful family. Your boys look like they are tall. I love photo Christmas cards. That was a nice calorie burn for your walk today. I haven't heard that they have shipped the new workouts out yet. I thought most of the clips look a lot like other workouts. I figure they are probably similar to some of the live workouts. Cathe did that with the ice workouts. With all of the walking you do I am sure you go through some shoes.

Today I just walked on my treadmill for 3 miles. My head is really hurting today, not sure why? I wanted to do CC5 but decided not to. Still have a bad headache.

Walk was 57 minutes, went 3 miles, burned 325 calories which isn't bad. Avg. HR was 99 and Max was 158.

Dang, I forgot to send Jolie my address. I'd love to see your family. Sorry!!

Nice workouts everyone, I am running late. Hope you all have a great workout today!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit one both 1&2 combined mix 2, 50 minutes, 359 calories, heart rate average 135, max 175, 3,650 steps. Tomorrow, unless something comes up, I plan on doing Build and Burn Kettlebell and kickbox and tabata legs. Either each or a premix. This depends on time and how much I get done around here. I may have to go out today or tomorrow.

Debbie, nice calorie burn this morning. I couldn't believe the workout manager had the workout I did today at 530 calories. If I followed that and ate accordingly I am sure I would gain plenty of weight!!

Today I did Kelly's workout - Muscle Up/Lift to 2B Fit Workout 2, and had a great workout. I really like this workout, it's tough. I am still sore from doing Chest, Back & Shoulders from Workout 1 on Monday.

Super Set #1
Sumo Squats
- 25# - 8 reps
Bridges - 25# - 16 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #2
Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps each leg
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts - 25's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #3
Curtsy Lunges
- 15's - 8 reps
Praying Frog Squats - 16 reps (loved these!!)
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #4
Flip Curls/Pledges
- 15's - 4 sets each
Skull Crushers - 15's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets not rest

Super Set #5
Side Curls
- 15's - 8 reps
Overhead Triceps Extensions - 25# - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Super Set #6
Hammer Curls
-
15's - 8 reps
Kickbacks - 10's - 8 reps
Total of 2 sets no rest

Workout was 30 min., Avg HR 77 and Max was 130, burned 72 calories.

Then I did the Mountain Hike workout on my treadmill. Love this one, it is tough as well. Workout was 26 minutes, went 1.84 miles, burned 211 calories (TM said 246 and App said 419!), went 3762 steps. Avg. HR was 137, Max was 170.

We are having our cat put down tomorrow evening. :( The vet is coming to our house. I can't even stand the thought of it, I will miss my little buddy. Not fair at all, he's too young. He has cancer and is SO think, skin and bones. He hardly eats anymore. It is for the best but it's still very hard.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! I don't get the huge variations in readings and different apps/machines/watches. Doesn't make much sense. I agree, how are we supposed to know how much to eat if these readings aren't accurate?

Have great workouts everyone!

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your kitty!!!! He will be in peace and pain free. I lost my cat to Cancer as well. So sad... I will be thinking of you this evening. Stay strong.

Today is National Signing Day!!!! My son signs his contract for his football scholarship today at school, I am so excited for him. The University of Nevada has sent out a lot of press releases on him today, they are so excited that he decided to come and play for them next year. Also, today is my husbands birthday, what a great gift to give to your father, 5 years of college for free!!!

Today I am short on time so I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes and went 2.2 miles, 6.0 incline and I burned 430 calories. Then I got on the elliptical and ran 1.3 miles, interval mode, 10 minutes and burned and additional 141 calories. Total calorie burn was 571 calories.

Diane Sue, I will be back later to read your post I am so late to watch my son sign.

Have a great day!

Today was Kelly Build and Burn Kettlebell and Lower mix, 37 minutes, 239 calories, heart rate 121 average, max 142, 1,489 steps. This one skips the wide stance deadlift squat up and the bridges. I then did the Kickbox only premix wearing 1.5# gloves, 16 minutes, 1,395 steps, heart rate average 139, max 163, 113 calories. I finished off with Kelly's Body Design lower and cool down segments, 19 minutes, heart rate average 109, max 135, 88 calories, 344 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 440 calories
B&B weights 4 sets each move
banded side steps blue firewalker
kettlebell swing 1 arm 20# 2 sets
kickstand dead lift 20# dbs
kettlebell figure 8's 20#2 sets
squat variations 25# dbs
kettlebell squat press 15# 2 sets
side lunge knee pull body weight
kettlebell alternating swings 20# 2 sets
front back lunge 20# dbs
kettlebell double arm swing 20# 2 sets
split stance plyo pops body weight
kettlebell lunge lawnmower 20# 2 sets
plie variations 15# dbs
kettlebell plie high row 1 set squat press 1 set 20#
Body Design 15 and 25# dumbbells and 5# ankle weights for the chair work

Debbie, my heart goes out to you. We had to do that with one of our dogs. It is not any easier than when our pets pass on on their own. A tough decision, but they are not suffering anymore when we make the decision.
Nice workout today on Muscle Up. I really like the pace Kelly uses on that one.

Jolie, that is so awesome. I know you are really proud. My granddaughter got an 80% scholarship for law school. She graduates from college this year and is progressing to her goal :) We are really proud of her. I am glad that she chose OU instead of Liberty University as we can have her close. Her future husband is finishing college in May and has a job lined up already. Nice calorie burn for short on time ;)

I thought that I would go ahead and post the moves from Kelly's Body Design lower body segment :
Not much rest from one move to the next all timed at 50 seconds, generally I use 20# instead of the 15# Some of the moves are done with 1 dumbbell. Anyway, I felt this made up for the bridges and the wide stance deadlifts.
squats 15
reverse lunge alternating 15
deadlift knee buckle 25
front lunge with pulses 15
deadlift plie 25
chair work 5# ankle weights

Been so busy but workouts getting done!! Today was leg day

Tomorrow dont know yet I guess cardio

Got my mammogram tomorrow I already have such anxiety

Roselyn, I always feel relief when I am done with the yearly physical and it comes out clear, Try not to feel too anxious over it.. I need to do that again. It has been a year since all of my labs and mris etc..

Today I did Cardio Coach 5 and had a good workout. The sprints killed me today, not sure why? Maybe because I haven't done a CC workout in a while? I did, however, run a slow jog up a 3% incline for the 3 - 4 minute hill climb segments. Usually I just do those with a 10% incline and walk them at a fast pace but today I wanted to get some miles in. I'm wondering if that is what killed me with the sprints? Not sure but I still had a really good workout.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.8 miles, burned 429 calories (TM said 504) and went 7694 steps. Avg HR was 133 and Max was 173.

Jolie - We put our cat down tonight and I am dreading it. I am so sad about it but he is just a shell right now. I cannot believe how thin he is, his bones stick out everywhere. We made him a bed in a large plastic box to bury him in. I have one of his favorite fleece blankets in it. I'm sure you are very proud of your son! How exciting to him! I wish his the best!

Diane Sue - It is a hard thing to do, that is for sure. They are family. I will miss him a lot. :( So do you think I'd like Body Design? Are there other workouts on it?

Roselyn - Glad you are still able to workout even though you are busy. Nice job!!!

This morning I did Ice Low Impact Sweat premix workout #1, 29 minutes, heart rate average 123, max 156, 186 calories, 1,700 steps. I then did Build and Burn Trim Down using 8# for the puch out moves and 10's for the rest, 25 minutes, 165 calories, heart rate average 127, max 151, 1,590 steps. I finished off with Kelly's Body Design Yoga, 14 minutes, 36 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 387 calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.