Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October

Jolie,that is good that the wind shifted. Which area do you live in? I was wondering when I heard them talking about Santa Rosa. That is a blessing. Nice that you were able to put things back. Kelly has one person using a dumbbell in Strength and Stamina in place of the kettlebell. I started with 15#. I have doubles of most which is great for suitcase deadlifts and lunges. I did go later and pick up a 10# just for a couple of cardio based kettlebell workouts that I have that have a lot of hopping and swinging the kettlebell around. I didn't want to lose form and injure myself. Wow on your weekly step count !! I finally broke down and got Directv Now just so we could we could watch Fox News and not all of the other media. We had cut the cable cord 4 years ago. Just relying on a indoor antenna and internet for television. Although you get stuff on facebook and everywhere else. I am tired of it.

Today I did total body workout and did last Friday's workout only in superset fashion. Had a great workout, this one was tough.

2 sets/12 reps with 3 minutes rest - warmed up with GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps

SS #1
Squats
- 25's
Close Grip Triceps Press - 65#

SS #2
Barbell Row
- 45#
Dumbbell Curls - 17's

SS #3
Incline Dumbbell Press
- 27's/30's (this was so easy)
Seated Lateral Raise - 11's (could have gone to 12's but didn't)
Added:
Hanging Knee Raise: 12 reps side to side (each side did 12) 2 times - KILLER

I also walked 1 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 55 min., Avg. HR was 90, Max was 122 and I burned 226calories and went 3248 steps.

I am running really late so can't do personals but I wanted to say Jolie - I am so glad you are safe!! That is great news!!!

Have great workout and a great weekend everyone!!

This morning I did X Train all out low impact hiit, 41 minutes, 269 calories, average heart rate 129, max 164, 3,065 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey BOdy Design cardio bootcamp segment, 17 minutes, 128 calories, heart rate average 132. max 156, 1,701 steps. I finished off with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, 47 calories. Total time 71 minutes, 444 calories. Total calories so far today, 5,527. I was going to order Kellys boxed set this morning , but couldn't remember my password and it didn't go directly to my email since I forgot. I will have to deal with it in awhile.

Debbie, nice work today.

This morning's workout was STS cardio Athletic Step, 48 minutes, 337 calories, heart rate average 136, max 165, 3,903 steps. I needed stretching so I did Barre Amped Stretch and Strength advanced active stretch 26 minutes, 57 calories. This felt good. I am sore almost everywhere. The only thing not sore is my arms. Odd since I have skipped a day in the middle of the week.

Roselyn, I have enjoyed that premix from the Fit Tower workout. That is from the Boot Camp right?

Last edited:
Roselyn, I do her workouts all of the time. Thursday I did her Strength and Stamina and yesterday I added on a cardio segment from her Body Design. I have most of her workouts. I just pre-ordered her boxed set. She has several live workouts on You tube called her Raw workouts.

Today starts Week 7 of my total body rotation. Even though this was a high rep workout (which I usually hate), I enjoyed this one.

3 sets/18 reps with 2 minutes rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

Overhead DB Triceps Extension
- 10's
Barbell Chest Press - 60#
Plate Front Raise - 12#
Hammer Curls
- 12's
Reverse Flies - 12's
Barbell Calf Raise - 45#

I also walked 1 miles on my treadmill.

Total workout was 60 min., Avg. HR was 70, Max was 148 and I burned315 6calories and went 4381 steps.

Are Kelly's workouts lifting or cardio that are coming out?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today was upper body bootcamp this morning and then I did Kelly raw cardio crush this afternoon

Right after I finished my cardio my mom called and had to take her to the ER!! She fell Thursday (on her butt) but the pain was bad in her back today, she has rheumotoid arthritis so she is in pain alot and I think she thought that was what it was, but she has a broken rib poor thing. I am telling you between her and my dad they keep me hopping, I only live 5 minutes away so you I am the one they call first. love them so much though

Roselyn, I am so sorry that your mother broke a rib. It is good that you are close enough to get there quickly.

Today I didn't get my planned weights in. I needed to go out on a couple of errands and had planned on coming back to do the weights since I had already done a short cardio workout. My daughter called and I watched her children while she went to the doctor and then we visited and went to the library. I will do the weights tomorrow. I did Kelly Coffey's live Amped Up Cardio workout #2, 30 minutes, 199 calories, heart rate 139 average, 168 max. 2,513 steps. I had planned on using her Muscle Up weight workout today. That one is basic weights done in super sets at around 8 reps.

Debbie, Kelly's new workouts will contain weight work and cardio. I will go find a run down and post it.

This is from Kelly's Facebook page:
30-Minutes to Fitness “Build & Burn” is a 4-6 week program that is designed to increase your strength and muscle definition, while slashing calories and improving your lifestyle.

This box set has 5 time-efficient and effective workouts that are formatted in an easy to follow rotation. Each numbered DVD is packed with the industry's best moves that are delivered in Kelly’s upbeat and unique approach to keep you engaged and seeing results.

The DVDs are: 1) Trim & Tone Intervals, 2) Upper Body Supersets, 3) KettleBell & Kickbox Fusion, 4) Lower Body Tabata, and 5) Cardio Core .

To optimize results, “Build & Burn” also includes a realistic, every day meal plan. This is NOT a diet, it is a food guide to help you make better choices.

“Build & Burn” has taken all the guess work out of how to reach your health and fitness goals. Simply follow the order of the numbered DVDs and select your meals from the food guide. If you stay true to the program, your goal of becoming stronger, slimmer and fitter is possible!

1. Cardio Core: This workout is made of cardio moves that specifically elicit core function. This compilation of exercises is designed to tone up your legs,attain a stronger leaner core, and slim down overall. These easy-to-follow moves are performed in 30 sec intervals to keep you focused and working hard.

2. Upper Body Super Sets: This upper body weight workout is made up of super sets (2 exercises for the same muscle group performed back to back). You will perform 3 sets of 8 reps per exercise before moving on to the next muscle group. Just when you expect another traditional move, a new approach to a well-know exercise offers a welcome challenge.

3. Kickbox & Kettlebell Fusion: KB & KB is an interval workout utilizing Kickboxing combinations and kettle bell moves. This challenging session is a great calorie-burner that defines your upper body (including your core/waistline) and improves your cardiovascular endurance for an overall leaner and fitter physique. (A dumbbell can be used in place of a kettlebell)

4. Lower Body Tabata: The perfect way to work your legs and glutes without fatigue, lactic acid buildup or boredom is to perform the industries most effective moves in this unique tabata format. This is sure to be one of your favorite no-dread leg & glute workouts!

5. Trim And Tone Interval: This is a wonderfully deceiving cardio/weight workout. The cardio is upbeat, yet lower impact, and the light-weight exercises are effective and challenging. You'll feel amazing at the completion of this little gem!

Presale price is $30.00

Sorry I have been MIA but my parents came into town so I spent 3 days with them and did not workout. Today I walked for 6 miles, 1 hour 45 minutes and I burned 678 calories. I was under the weather the last couple of days and my husband is really sick. I think the smoke last week did a number on us!

Nice workouts everyone!

Roselyn, sorry to hear about your mom falling and hurting herself. I hope she recovers quickly.

Diane Sue, thanks for all of that info on the workout dvds. I might have to purchase some of those when I am done doing Cathe Live workouts.

Debbie, good job on the 18 rep workout today! I am really enjoying the higher weight workouts, less injuries for me!

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. I like this one and did well with it this morning. I can't say enough how much I love to run. I remember despising it years ago. OMG. Actually, I hated cardio years ago. Now I almost prefer running to lifting. Weird.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.85 miles, burned 308 calories (TM said 383). Avg. HR was 129 and Max was 166.

I also did the Ab work from Muscle Endurance. OMG!!! That is one tough ab workout. I forgot all about it. It uses the med ball and wow, did I feel it!!!

Diane Sue - Thank you so much for putting Kelly's workouts out there, you didn't have to do all that. I appreciate it. I will look it over and see if I might want to try some of her workouts. Glad you got time to spend with your daughter and grand kids. Thanks again!

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is OK. I also live close to my mom and I'm thankful for that. My brother and I take care of her together. I will keep her in my prayers.

Jolie - Nice job with your walk and glad you got to visit with your parents. Do they live far away from you? Are the fires near you out now? I hope they get contained soon.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

This morning I wanted to get in the weights I missed yesterday and to catch up I did the premix of combined workouts with bonus core from Kelly Coffey's Muscle Up. This was 68 minutes but took me 76 minutes with a couple of stops and I paused after each round of supersets to write the weights down and set up for the next round. Kelly does give a bit of time to switch weights though. heart rate was 100 average, 141 max, 1,276 steps, 335 calories, coming in at a met 4 according to workout manager.
Weights today all are super sets done with dumbbells and core was tabata rounds repeating each exercise 4 times and pretty challenging
workout 1
underhand rows 2 dbs 30,30,30 8 reps super set with
bench press 20,20,20 8 reps

lawnmowers 1 db 30#, 35, 35 8 reps super set with
dumbbell fly 20,20,20 8 reps

pullover 1 db 35,35,35 8 reps super set with
push ups 8,8,8 reps

arnold press alternating 20,20,20 8 reps super set with
crunches on the bench 20 reps, 20 reps

lateral raise 2 dbs 12,12 8 reps
boxer toe touches on bench 20,20 reps

bent over lateral raise 2 dbs 12,12 x 8 reps
superman across bench 8 reps,8 reps

workout 2
sumo squats 2 dbs 30's, 30's 8 reps super set with
bridges 1 db 30# 16 reps, 16 reps

lunges 2 dbs 25's, 25's 8 reps super set
stiff legged dead lift 35's,35's 8 reps

curtsy squats 2 dbs 20's, 25's 8 reps super set with
praying frog squat no weight 16 reps

flip curls/pledge curls 2 dbs 20's, 15's (those pledge curls are hard with a 20 so I dropped weight) 4 of each on right and left for total 8 reps
skull crushers 2 dbs 20's,20's 8 reps

side curls seated 2 dbs 15's, 17.5's 8 reps super set with
overhead triceps extension 1 db 25#,25# 8 reps

hammer curls alternating 2 dbs, 22.5's, 22.5's 8 reps
kickbacks 15's, 15's 8 reps

Jolie, nice job on the walk. I was starting to wonder if there was more problems for you with the fires. I am sure that you enjoyed the visit with your parents.

Debbie, I went through a time where I ran on the treadmill every day and loved it. Now I just really don't like to do it. I am always torn between weight work and cardio as to which I want to do. The pre-sale workout set is in a boxed set. The price is free shipping and 30 dollars during the pre-sale. Kelly never puts them up for pre-sale till they have already been filmed. It usually does not take long to get them. You should check out some of her you tube workouts. I think that you would like some more than others. She has such a wide variety of types of workouts. Most have lots of pre-mixes so it helps if you are looking to leave out cardio if it is a combo workout of cardio and strength and do body parts etc.. She has a lot of this information and some work sheets on her website.

Today I walked again because I am sick of being in the house. I needed to get out and get some fresh air and burn a lot of calories. Same walk as yesterday, 5.5 miles 659 calories. I notice if I use "workout" on my Fitbit, I burn way more calories than if I use the "run" mode. I like to use run because I can see my walk on a map vs just stats. The same walk on workout mode is 890 calories vs the 659 on run mode? I don't get it.

Diane Sue,
nice job on the Muscle Up workout, that's a good one. I have that be have not used it in some time. I have about another month and a half of football season and then my days free up some. I want to do some cooking, food prep and different workouts but I just cant right now because I am so rushed all day long. I think your diet is half the battle so I am going to try to really be good with the eating and prepare some healthy meals this year. I like the ones that you have posted in the past.

Debbie, I am with you on the running/walking vs weights lately. I can barely get myself to lift, don't know why? I think this month I am going to walk 3 to 4 days per week and do 2 of Cathe Live workouts 2 days per week. I am loosing some muscle mass and I like the way my cloths fit better! I can actually get in jeans now and my thighs don't look big. I am all of a sudden into a slender figure. In the past I always liked a lot of muscle but now not so much. I do want to be very tone but smaller in size.

Roselyn, I hope your mom is doing well and you are finding time to get in some workouts.

Have a nice day, 100 degrees here again today!

Debbie, there are always premixes. Like I said many of the workouts have weights only, upper or lower only, body parts, no cardio, just cardio, you name it. She lists a lot of premixes on her website.

Last edited:
Jolie, I get a higher calorie burn using workout on my Fit Bit Blaze. I used to do spin, yoga, weights,bootcamp, circuit, and it was even lower than workout as the setting. Nutrition definitely plays a role on how we look.

From Kelly on her new upcoming workouts. Most of her dvds have two 30 minute or a bit longer workouts and then combined along with premixes for both or individual workouts.
Here are a couple of info. updates to my "Build & Burn" Box Set:
1. Yes, there will be premixes
2. There will be 3 discs: Disc One: Cardio Core and Upper Body Supersets. Premixes of each and premixes of the two combined. Disc Two: Lower Body Tabata and Kickbox & Kettlebell (Premixes same format as disc one)
Disc Three is Trim and Tone Intervals and the Meal Plan.
3. Equipment in Cardio Core: a step (can be done without)
Upper Body: DBs,
Lower Body, One pair of DBs,
KB & KB: a kettle bell or a single DB,
Intervals: a pair of light DBS.
4. Based on LIVE class performances, if a move needs a modification, its shown.
5. Appropriate for all levels (after more than 30 years of teaching and doing every workout in LIVE classes for more than 4 months prior to filming, I base my approach to all levels with confidence. Work hard or work less hard...that's the key to your level.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.