Hypothyroid-Menopausal=Hot Mess

Ivy

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,
Here's the situation, I've been Hypothyroid for 20 years I got tested at my annual physical like I always do and I'm so off. My thyroid is so low it's off the charts, which explains the weight gain☹️ So while my synthroid adjustment is working to put me back within normal range. I'm eating at maintenance calories for me that's 1600-1700 and I just finished a paper workout Jessie Hilgenberg. I'm thinking I should do a program of lifting heavy with cardio about 3-4 times a week. I need to lose some fat, I'm not expecting to lose a lot if any until I can get back within normal. I don't think I should cut my calories seeing that this is an hormonal /metabolic issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ivy, I had the same problem. I am on the other side of menopause now, but weight management is still something that I deal with. Getting your synthroid dosage corrected is a big start, but what I learned is that food quality was as important as quantity for me. I had to work on eating clean and reducing/eliminating prepackaged foods. I have been able to lose 50 pounds over the past two years, but it was slow. My diet is not perfect but I try to eat whole foods and limit added sugars and saturated fats. Good luck to you and don't give up.

Ivy, I had the same problem. I am on the other side of menopause now, but weight management is still something that I deal with. Getting your synthroid dosage corrected is a big start, but what I learned is that food quality was as important as quantity for me. I had to work on eating clean and reducing/eliminating prepackaged foods. I have been able to lose 50 pounds over the past two years, but it was slow. My diet is not perfect but I try to eat whole foods and limit added sugars and saturated fats. Good luck to you and don't give up.
Thanks. I am trying to eat mostly whole foods and limit my sugar and processed foods intake. Your right it is a much slower process trying to lose the fat. I won't give up because I would be worse off without working out and trying to eat right.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.