Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/16

I am behind on posts today and yesterday. It was one of those days that one thing after another came up and it has been like that today as well. I went to the store and am working on the cake now. I have to bake the layers in two batches since there are four layers. I always use non gmo flour and healthy ingredients as much as possible. I felt I really needed to go get some of Dr Axe vanilla bone broth collagen from Sprouts when I was out. I have been eating too much junk (as in dark chocolate zucchini bread) the last couple of days. Not feeling like lots of cooking and tired, so I go for what is there. If I had the collagen protein I would have had that instead of the bread stuff.
Today I did Kelly Coffey Plateau Buster doing the two Harder mixes that incorporate the bonus moves into them. I skipped the warm up on workout 2 and the stretch on won workout 1. They still took a little longer than stated because of writing things down and on workout 2 there was a brief stretch so I went back and did the stretch from the main workout. Total time was 78 minutes, 461 calories. Bothj mixes had the average heart rate of 119 max for 1 was 165 and 2 was 161.
12 reps for everything except cardio was timed for a lot of it. 2 rounds on each workout of all the moves
workout 1
heavy dumbbell squat out with press 15,s, 15's
step front reverse fly 15's,15's
bonus roll attemps 12
jumps/ jacks 12 jumps jacks 30 sec
heavy dumbbells side lunge with lateral raise 15# ,15#
bunus squat thrust curls 12's 12 reps
squat with biceps curl at the bottom 15's,15's
toe tap jump/ 12 reps with 30 sec repeater knee
bonus flys with leg raise 12's , 12's
light dumbbell lunge front and push dumbbell front 8's,8's
stir the pot 8#,8
Workout #2 Harder mix
heavy dumbbell squat with single front raise lift 15's, 15's
side lunge stance rows 15's
bonus pommel horse
pendulum knee pope/ pendulum
Heavy dumbbells Hip drop into high pull 12's, 15's
bonus wieghted hip drop jump
reverse lunge pause and biceps curl 15's, 15's
split switches and ski jogs
bonus fast straddle
light dumbbells step out and alternate dumbbells front 3 8's, 8's
put one dumbbell down and shake the paint 8#, 8#
bonus modified pullover crunch 15's, 15's

Judy, it sounds like you have a good plan till your back is strong and ready again. When STS first came out I had managed to get my dead lifts up to 110# , I have not done that for several years now. Not even close. After several injuries and the knee surgery I have lowered my weights for pretty much everything to what it used to be. I just don't want the injuries to happen all over again. I really have to protect my shoulders and go a lot lighter on the upright rows and overhead press than I used to. I remember having some low back pain years ago and when I would sit down it was hard to get back out of the seat. We went to the movie once and when I got up my husband said I was getting up like a little old lady. I find that high reps sometimes is worse for me than the lower rep workouts. The Plateau Buster is even more intense with the bonus work added into it. I really am liking it and feel like I have really worked when I am done. That is good news that Chris tests came out negative.

Lori, Happy Anniversary. Sometimes it is just so much better just having some nice companionable conversation together. I think that is important for relationships. Nice work out choices. Even with the Fit tower and my rebounder. I feel a little uncomfortable with the full body weight on the bar. P90X would be fun to do and the Tower would be a nice addition. You just made me think of P90X+ and all of the pull ups back to the floor stuff. I should try that with my FT. I used to have to put my pull up bar in the bathroom doorway, run to the bedroom next to the bath to do the floor stuff and back to the bath for the pull ups. This was when I first got the P90X+ workouts. Our last home there was not doorway to put the pull up bar near my workout space since it was a large open game room. Both openings went to stairs. I just put a bar across my dip station and used that. Also used my Bowflex a lot for the weight bench stuff. My family was always close when I was growing up on both my Dad and Mother's side. My husband's family has been pretty close. I guess it carried over :) It is hard to think of people not being close to their families. My children and grandchildren have all been here around us. I took care of my grandchildren through their younger years into pre K. Took a lot of them to and from school. I cherish all of our time together. The birthday party is for my middle child daughter. Next month we have 3 or 4 birthdays to celebrate. Sometimes we do my youngest daughter's who is a week after mine together. That is why I say 4 since hers is September 3.

Valerie, I remember the snow that was still in the mountains during the summer when we would go to the mountains. I am leery of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes too. It seems I see them a lot as being abandoned or someone trying to protect them from euthanasia. I often feel that when they are left out on the road somewhere that something was wrong when they were dumped. We had an english bulldog for 4 years , but after she growled and snarled at me a couple of times and once when my husband was outside and she snapped at him, and the daycare children were there, we gave her back to the breeder we purchased her from. I really had no clue why she started doing that. No health issues. Anyway, with little children around there was no way we could take a chance. The breeders did not have small children and were glad to take her. I just don't believe in taking chances if you know there is any chance of something happening.

Deb, I am sure that you have been really shaken up. Your dogs are so much smaller than a Pit Bull. I am glad that things are not worse than they are. Hopefully the owners kept up the shots. We had a woman in our area that was bit by a cat she was trying to help. They put out notices all over trying to find the cat and never did. At least you know where the dogs came from.

Hello, everybody,

I know I gained some weight, and I think I gained about 8 pounds. I am quite short, and I am only 5' 1". I think, that with my small bone structure, about 110 to 115 is good, because I have a small muscular build. I did my lower body today, and Frank and I were cleaning all day today. Diane Sue, I hope you feel better. Last March, I had a horrendous allergy attack, and I had bad rashes all over my entire body, arms, legs, buttocks, chest, hands and feet. Frank took me to the urgent care center, and I still have scars on my body from the rash. I was in bed for four days.

To me, the only good thing about the summer is either the beach or the pool. When I was in Staten Island, I owned my condo, but, in Catskill, Frank and I rent. Our place has seven and a half rooms, and, to me, it is almost as big as a house.

I think pit bulls are aggressive on all fronts, and that is why there are so many pit bull mixes! I don't like to condemn a whole breed..... maybe it is so hard to read an expression on them? I used to be suspect of rottweilers, but I don't see many anymore. must have fallen out of style. now it's pit bull mixes. when I helped my sister look for a dog I was amazed that every shelter was full of pit bull mixes!. I'm nervous around german shepherds too. I believe pack animals.... any time there is more than one dog, no matter the breed, the potential for problems grows exponentially.
Deb, I hope things went well today and your sweet Kylee is recovering. Dog bites aren't as bad as cat bites for infection. a cat bite is almost certainly to infect. like > 95%.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.