Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

fox2star

Cathlete
For some reason, my Chromecast will not maintain the connection to the Live streaming. The workout starts out, then it disconnects and goes back to the Chromecast home screen.

This has never happened before....I am wondering if it could have something to do with multiple people downloading the new workouts?

I didn't have a problem this morning doing Lift It HiiT It using Apple TV. It may be the particular workout. I had an issue with an older workout earlier in the week, which had to be encoded again. Which workout was it?

For some reason, my Chromecast will not maintain the connection to the Live streaming. The workout starts out, then it disconnects and goes back to the Chromecast home screen.

This has never happened before....I am wondering if it could have something to do with multiple people downloading the new workouts?

Hi fox2star,

Downloads have nothing to do with streaming. They are on a completely different network and servers. Chromecast uses your wireless network in your house, if it is overloaded or experiencing problems you will have problems. I would suggest rebooting your router and see if that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

The workout was Metabolic Conditioning. I did reboot my router, but it didn't help. Next step is to contact the tech support people at Chromecast.

I found that the newer workouts will play, its the older ones that will not. I think someone else was having this issue. Seemed like it started when the new app was launched. :(

This should be corrected now. I'm not sure if IBM fixed this or if the latest update to Chromecast fixed the issue. If you're still having an issue make sure to update Chromecast and try again and let us know if this is now working for you.

This is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having!! It started when the new app came out, even though I don't use the app. I've never had a problem before. This morning I tried an older workout, nothing. Picked something else, nothing. More recent workouts, perfect. I don't understand it.

I tried it...it still does not work. I don't know how to update Chromecast...never had to do that before...

Same here...I tried Goofling it and not really helpful.

edited to add: sorry, meant Googling....

I added the Google Home app, ( which is supposed to help with Chromecast updates) and rebooted the Chromecast, but still not able to get the earlier workouts...:(

Last edited:
As long as you don't have updates turned off Chromecast should update automatically. The latest Chromecast version and the one we're testing on is "Cast firmware version 1.25.90308.

Also, it's important to know that when Chromecast starts a broadcast it has to cache the file first. This will make the screen flicker and look like it's not loading. We have extremely fast internet here and the caching process can still take over a minute sometimes when we test Metabolic Conditioning. While the Chromecast is caching the video it will appear as though the video is stuck and has crashed when in fact it's just caching the video. It could be that some of you have just not waited long enough for the video to cache. Also, the length of time it takes Chromecast to cache will be dependent on your download and wireless speed as well as your device. Can some of you that are having an issue tell us what your download speed is? and can you tell us exactly what you see on your screen when you try to cast?

So I tested a couple of the classes and here is what I found:

2014 RT Step class did not cast (goes back to the Chromecast screen)

2015 RT Boxing class, did not cast.

All About Legs did cast for me

Barbell Upper Body would not cast

Bootcamp from 2014 did cast for me

I will test some more of the older classes to see how they do.

When this started I did reboot my Chromecast at the time but did not just now when testing it out.

Hope some of this information helps

to note: My cast firmware is version 1.25.90308, I am using a wifi extender with "Excellent" signal strength.

Edit: I have no trouble playing the newer releases

upload_2017-7-24_21-6-55.png

I've tested several classes this evening from 2015 and 2016 but after the main grey screen with workout title appears it returns to the Chromecast Backdrop. I wish you were here to help me troubleshoot. :confused:

Last edited:
I've tested several classes this evening from 2015 and 2016 but after the main gray screen with workout title appears it returns to the Chromecast Backdrop.

This is what happens to me....I don't think its a cache problem, it starts to load the workout, shows the title at the bottom of a grey screen, (this is how they aways start), then pops back to the Chromecast backdrop....

The exact same thing happens to me, also mainly with the older workouts. I have been casting the live workouts for a year now, and have never had this problem until recently. I have no issues casting anything else, so do not believe it's my wi fi or router, or anything to do with Chrome.

Hi,

Any update on this from IBM or whoever was contacted to look into it to let them know that it still does not work?

So I tested a couple of the classes and here is what I found:

2014 RT Step class did not cast (goes back to the Chromecast screen)

2015 RT Boxing class, did not cast.

All About Legs did cast for me

Barbell Upper Body would not cast

Bootcamp from 2014 did cast for me

I will test some more of the older classes to see how they do.

When this started I did reboot my Chromecast at the time but did not just now when testing it out.

Hope some of this information helps

We have now fixed these videos and they should cast for you now. We still have about 20 - 30 older videos to correct, but we hope to finish these late tomorrow or early next week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.