Who cares? July

Hi fit babes! I am not on vacation with Ronne but would love to be!

Just busy when the weather is good. I take BB out more often and get yard work done. And last weekend saw a friend in Portland I hadn't seen in months. We also went to the beach this past Saturday (a 2 hour drive there) then I cleaned the house like a maniac on Sunday. And I hate cleaning! So if I'm motivated, I can't ignore it.

Ronne, I hope you are having an awesome time on your trip!! We are having a really nice summer also and I'm expecting to see the sun every morning. It's been beautiful!

Jody--you are one busy fit chick! Yoga, ocean fun, concert going and kayaking! I love kayaking but haven't done it since last year. I also loved your tea party! I hope your knee is all better now. I get quite a bit of stiffness in one of mine which forces me to take care of it. I am grateful the budget passed and no one got laid off. It was the 3rd time this has happened in 6 years (we've never been laid off) so it felt like nothing new. One of my co-workers bought a knitted item shaped like a bomb with a big F on it and has it in her office. Now and then I ask her if I can drop it. :D

Hi Lisa! I didn't realize that you live without shade! Are you above the timberline or is that what your area in CO is like? Your warm temps remind me of CA and I wouldn't be outside in 99 degrees either. I won't do that here either, even with shade! We enjoy the outdoors in the evenings until the skeeters arrive, then we bolt inside. I was bitten by a horsefly once, years ago, on a hike in a forest. Ouch!!! I get dizzy at times if I get up too quickly but some of my meds say they can cause dizziness so I try to be careful. Don't ask me how many meds I take, it's too many! :rolleyes: But I think it's awesome that your BP is down!!

You're not here right now are you Mary? Off having fun again, this time in Chicago. Lucky you! DH and I travel with my dad on short trips, he's fun and laid back. We're heading north to do some exploring this coming weekend, I'm looking forward to it. And good going on being nice and patient for 4 days in a row at work! I only deal with co-workers for the most part but they can manage to jump on the last nerve I have sometimes!

Roxie, I hope your interview went well and you got the job! Also sending healing wishes to you and your family about your cousin. What a shame!!

Hi Murphy! I hope you are having a great summer!

OK, did anyone else pre-order Cathe's new Fit Split series? I did but that's par for the course. I always pre-order Cathe's newest!

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!

Forgot to mention, I have been working out! Finished Cathe's June rotation last week and started her July rotation this week, Taking BB out tonight and tackling the stairs tomorrow. My stair climb in August is fast approaching! :eek:

Hi Tracy, I will order the new series for sure. I am considering getting the downloads as well. I guess if I have them I can make short pre mixes in the workout blender and stream them from there? Is that how that works? I've always used the "stop and gasp while Cathe keeps working then skip to next chapter" method of adjusting the workout. The series sounds like 4DS. I heard a lot of "quick" and "time efficient" in the description but the FAQ said they would probably be 50 to 60 min long so I am sure I will be tweaking them.

Lisa, good job on the challenges! Keep with the fun factor though. It seemed like you had really found the sweet spot in working out and enjoying it. Its not going to be worth it to stroke out! : /

Mary, have fun in Chicago! I stayed there about 10 years ago at a La Leche League conference. I felt very urban! I took public transport to a downtown hotel, jogged in the big park on the lake and also went to the Bean! I really really miss being that slender and fit.

I picked up two extra shifts the past few days and got in about 10K steps 3 days in a row. Today may be a beach and snorkel afternoon unless we have thunderstorms. The knee is still iffy. I peg leg my way downstairs in the morning.

Waves to all, Jody

Good Afternoon,

21 Day Fix Upper Body Fix this morning. I got a lead on another job that is going to pay a lot more than I am making now starting is 20.00 an hour.

Tigger-it has been over 100 degrees here in Kansas every day for the last two weeks 103 today.

Hi all. So sorry to have not been around for so long. All is well. I can't remember what kept me away. Anyway, been working out, mixing and matching. I feel like I have missed so much; you all have so much going on. I will try to get back in the game and check-in more. Waves to all!

Murphy

Murphy, great to see you and happy that all is well! Roxie, good luck! Tracey, congrats on keeping up w/ the rotation. I bet you will do well w/ the stairs! I bet your water would be too cold for me to enjoy at the beach. Lisa, should I get the downloads? Did you use them w/ the blender? I hope you are feeling OK. I did go for a beach run yesterday and got some snorkeling in and some time w/ a good friend. Today I did ME UB only pm. I'm on for next 3 days so I'll likely see you after that. Jody

Things went from bad to worse with my headache. Tuesday night I was woken out of a dead sleep with the pain starting at base of skull wrapping to the front. Really scared me, woke DH and said if it didnt get better we'd have to go to the hospital. Wed morning was ok but a dull ache at back of skull, went for very easy ride but was out of sorts all day and after the episode Tuesday night I swore I'd go see the dr. Couldn't get in until Thurs morning. Wed night was another rough night but not as bad as Tuesday, BP was way high, Thurs morning woke to a headache, but hoped it would pass, it didn't, into the dr I went and of course BP got worse just by being there. I could barely think and my BP was easily into the 160's . They took it all very seriously and got me in that afternoon for a CT scan, got results within the hr and all was fine with brain, fusion, and disc space above the fusion, whew! That was a relief, so we figure from all the execdring/advil was raising my BP and the BP meds just wasn't catching it. Oh and while I waited at home for my CT scan time, they had me take percocet to try to ease the pain, told them it can make me nauseous and yep, lost my lunch. They also prescribed proprononal (spelling) but I didn't want to take it because I was so sick and they said the dye for the scan could make me more nauseous. So anyway, dr called with the results, said next time to try dramamine with the percocet, told her I was going to try the propranonal, within 3 hrs, my bp was down to 120! Then for night I decided on half a percocet and dramamine and tylenol. I did wake with a slight headache and repeated, repeated today a couple of times and then we got a buttload of rain (another reason for my headache, just my normal way to deal with barometric headache wasn't working). So happy to say that my BP is still around 117/68, I feel human again! Now I'm worrried about getting it too low. So current plan is to get on a regular propranolol regime and drop my other BP med. Wish me luck! Tomorrow I start that, I figure right before my bike ride to fend off that exertion headache in case I get it. My neighbor uses it and right now is finding it better to take AFTER the ride, but my problems are during the ride. From everythign I read it seems this new drug will help even the dull base of skull pain after a ride I get about 50% of the time. Whew, what a week!

Jody, I never used the workout manager. is your 3 one about done? This week has been such a blur. Riding next 2 days to meet the challenge, wish me luck1!

Tracy, the paths up by me are through the open areas that are scrub brush along a ditch and no trees, but not above tree line. I made a little video of our ride the other day as I'm testing out filming the beautiful mountains when we go next week. Maybe you can see it here? https://www.facebook.com/lisa.mori/videos/vb.1075834275/10211250203865653/?type=2&theater

Murphy, good to hear you're doing well. Waving to Roxie, Mary and Ronne.

Good Evening,

21 Day Fix Dirty 30nthis evening. 112 here today way to hot an thunderstorms this evening.

Lisa-usually my head hurts when there are storms in the area.

Hi all. Did RWH UB premix. I am trying to do an UB, cardio, LB mix. It seems to be working. Who knows.

Roxie - I too get headaches with the weather. I didn't used to but do now.
Lisa - I hope you get the headaches under control. They can be so debilitating.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Lisa, do you have a gopro or something? LOL it looked like you almost got hit by a yellow truck at about 3:20. I'm sure that was a terrifying experience, I am so glad you are feeling better and are ok. (referring to CT scan and headache). I ended up w/ a weird schedule, picked up two extra shifts that would have given me OT, so I got sent home early the rest of the week. I'm headed to the beach tomorrow morning. I haven't been doing workouts b/c of my knee and also have been (fat) fasting I'm on my 6th day, plus working extra days. I hope all are well!

So the propanolol drops my bp so low, like 95/45 all day long. Hr very low and have no energy, tried taking at night still got an exertion headache when riding today and still no energy. This headache is weird but it's nice knowing for sure that nothing is wrong. I think there's probably many things working against , like this monsoon weather we are having. Add exertion and headache, execdrin helps. So I think I want to go back to my old bp med, take execdrin and be careful not to get so much to raise bp and if I do use this new med? So aggravating.

Jody, the video was sped up so it may have looked that way but not a close call at all. Bummer about your knee! Gets irritating when your body fails you, and we're at that age I guess, boo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and Jody, yes it's a cheap go pro knock off camera. $75 vs around $300 for a go pro. I can't mount it on my helmet, too heavy for my head. I have it on the handlebars. DH wore on his chest with Suki in front in one of the links below.

We got because we're going to go to the mountains and ride this week, but we postponed until the weather clears.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all! Hope everyone is well! Chicago was nice, they lived farther from the city than I anticipated, so it was ok. DD was happy to be with her friend. I was ok.

Jody, your knee is still bothering you? Should you get it checked out? And you are fasting? That makes me so crabby!

Lisa, hope that you are feeling better. That sounds scary! Take care of you.

Murphy, are you having fun with the kids?

Tracey, yes I will be ordering! I usually wait until the day before they raise the price for the first time. I'm excited! Another Christmas present to me!

Roxie, did you get the job?

Ronne, hope you are having fun!

Well, have to get in shower, have to have my root canal finished. Fun times! Mary

Lisa, those are fun videos! I hope the mountains are good weather and all.
Mary, my knee is improved, getting better. I asked a PT to look at it at work, he thought it was synovitis and basically an overuse injury and I tend to agree. Yes I did a fast for 6 days w/ basically bulletproof type coffee and some bone broth as well on the last three days. Today I actually ate food but I am in ketosis and plan to maintain this for a few weeks more. Its a Mercola version of keto, supposed to be good for the mitochondria!
Did you get to the Bean and stuff or it didn't work out?
Nice to see everyone. Roxie, 112 is a little warm. Murphy, that sounds like a manageable plan. I went for a snorkel today w/ Jill. We saw lots of fish and a bunch of red urchins w/ long tines sitting in holes in rocks. Working next two days.

Hello! Today did C&W, oldie.

Jody, we did see the Bean, a bit of a run by, DD's friend had to go to work (she remembered as soon as we got downtown) practically ran through the city to get back. Needless to say we were both a bit disappointed.
I'm going to have to do some reading on your nutrition plan. I didn't do very well in that class!

How is everyone else? Root canal done, little sore today, going to the pool. Reading this, I seem a bit crabby. I'm sorry. I think it's my mouth, just aching. Tomorrow will be better, Mary

Aw Mary, you're hardly ever down, hope your mouth feels better soon. Having even a low grade constant pain can be so draining! I thought your DD pic of her and the bean was cool.

Jody, take care of the knee. We have to be smarter about working out since our bodies betray us now!

Been cycling, doing easy-ish stuff with DH. Getting used to the meds, such a low HR now, can't get it up past 117. Still got a slight exertion headache today up the blasted hill home. I stopped and walked up. Bike goes into shop tomorrow, going to ask about getting easier gears or else a new bike with easier gears. I think my head is just messed up with the weather and exertion is just making it worse so if it starts, I stop in my tracks and rest or walk. Remember, work smarter not harder! Easy for me to sound funny about it, I'm irritated but the other option is worse (just saw obit for coworker that was only 3 yrs older than me). And on that happy note.......

Hi all! Today did a Cathe live, step blast and weights. Feeling a bit better, not quite sure what is going on, I'll give it another day, always hopeful!

Lisa, are you guys humid out there? I think that plays with our bodies a lot. It's so draining.

How is everyone else doing? Have to clean DS's room, he comes home tomorrow! It has been a dumping ground, have to straighten that out! Mary

Mary, super humid! My whole basement seems like a dumping ground.....I was always the messy child.....messy equals creative.

Rest days yesterday and today, went bike shopping and had massage yesterday. Massage lady said neck was very tight. There's a nerve and blood vessel that runs right where the tight muscle is and a turn of my head could be making the headache explosion compressing the nerve just right. Said to take muscle relaxer....which then I realized I haven't needed to take any since I quite lifting weights, so maybe she has a point. But that was after a bought new bike with easier gearing so I can get up hills easier. Went to bike shop ordered dh and I bikes, dh came home and said he wanted to look up on the web what we bought because he wasn't sure (sounded funnier when said), but we can't find it on specialized site. So we're not sure what we bought but we bought something!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.