Who cares - June

Hi all, I did MIS Ch, Ba and PH abs plus a walk, no sprints, didn't have the oomph but at least followed my plan. I feel pretty crappy though- I stayed up late with a glass of wine, junk food and a movie. The move (Captain Fantastic) and the 1 glass (a cab) were good! Also I got an email from dd in Swaziland saying she didn't think she would ever want to leave so I guess she's doing well!

Roxie, I hope you feel better. Personally I don't mind the HOA since it includes a lot of maintenance but I did look pretty closely at the restrictions before I bought my condo. Most places have pet restrictions and I used to have 2 dogs so it was important.

Lisa, I may not be able to contain my jealousy if you and hubbers are off gallivanting and biking all the time! I hope you have nice weather this week! and can find your way back, too!

Mary, we have a Capital Grille- yes, it's $$$! I used to go out to eat a lot w/ my old bf and we went there once but no repeat. I'm glad you had a good time in DC. Was public transportation an option? I still lol when I think of your air bnb prison light bulb hanging from a ceiling picture.

Ronne, it sounds like you are having nice weather for summer and dd being home.

Tracy, did you have a nice weekend and did you start that rotation?

Question, push ups on knees vs toes- KCM says in one of her vids that she prefers toes, even if you do fewer of them or do them elevated like a wall push up but lower, that they are much better for building. Oh wait, maybe that was Jenn the trainer on biggest loser? Anyway, I have it in my head that both of them have said that and to that end I've been using my tower or bench. How do you do em? They are much easier to do when you are skinny! Do you think knee better than elevated but on toes or vice versa.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Jody - Well done for sticking to your plan. Plan for what you can do I think is the lesson! Glad to hear DD is enjoying herself so much. Re push-ups, I try and do on my toes when I can if I'm feeling up to it and then on my knees if not. I can't do any of the fast push-ups on my toes in metabolic workouts etc when they're used as intervals but I do try and do them on weight workouts. I also have to watch for my right shoulder as it sometimes starts to hurt on the top of it when I do them on my toes. I do slower and fewer on my toes generally though than whoever I'm following.

Lisa - hope you're having fun on the bike.

Mary - sounds like you're busy!

We're having a mini heatwave here. It's high 20s/low 30s and has been since Friday, predicted to go on for another couple of days. It's really difficult to sleep as it's still about 20 at night.
I took the weekend off exercise. DD's comp went well and she won a couple of medals and shared a trophy.
It feels too hot to tackle Cathe et al (wimp I know!) so did some yoga yesterday. I had a tight lower back and did some yoga aimed at that which really did the trick. I'll probably do the same today as I don't need to get any sweatier!
We got our jabs for Costa Rica yesterday. Another job ticked off the list!

Hi everyone! Have been working out, just can't remember specifically what I have done! Lisa, hope you are enjoying your trip. That business with DH sounds complicated, I hope he gets what he wants! Roxie, hope you are feeling better and it's not pancreatitis! I understand that's miserable. Jody, how are you? How's work? We have been really busy, lots of crazy people! One lady told me I should wear a bra to work, the whole room turned around to look at my chest, had to go back in the room later and she said that I still hadn't put a bra on! (I was wearing one, maybe I should invest in one with more padding???). Ronne, when do leave? Getting psyched? Hi Tracey, we do love Vegas! Thinking of going in November. DH want to do the half marathon there, The strip at Night. Hopefully we can get it all together! Hi Murphy! Not much today, might go to the pool, gorgeous here! The wicked heat finally broke, now 77 with a breeze, perfect! Good day to all! Mary

Hi Everyone I did afterburn express 1 through 10 yesterday was really wiped out afterwards I don't know if it was that or the carbs I consumed but I was pretty much down for the count for about 4 hours off to work hope everyone has a great day

10K steps for me on Wed and Thurs, this morning I did XT UB circuit as scheduled. Ugh we have bees in the house again! Do you remember last time? There was a hive behind my shower. Now they are swarming around another side of the quadriplex, so it is probably behind my neighbor's shower? Our HOA has a contract w/ a company and they are coming today to assess.
Mary, I LOL'd at the pt telling you to wear a bra!
Ronne, I'm trying to stick to push ups on toes but I definately do fewer of them these days, thanks for the feedback. Jabs = shots for Costa Rica? What did you have to get? My dd took a lot of stuff prior to Africa. I'm sort of an anti vaxer so it was hard to watch but at the same time I understand.
Lisa your hike pics on FB look beautiful.
Waves to the rest!

Hi fit babes! Summer has arrived here. Will be in the 90s across WA this weekend so I'm heading east to a friend's house that has a pool! That's just a coincidence, we planned the get together months ago. :)

Ronne, I'm glad your DD is done with her exams and you and your family can enjoy your summer! I have to admit that it took me a minute to figure out that your temps are in celsius (sp). We yanks never embraced the metric system! And what Jody asked--are jabs shots?

Jody, I'm glad that you enjoyed your planned workout! As for Afterburn, that one is so hard! If I haven't done that one or another that is just as hard in awhile, it challenges me more than I care for! Lots of pausing on the player, water breaks and standing in front of the fan. I did start the June rotation this week but I only do what I can M-F so I never get 6 workouts in per week. I got 4 in this week. And they were tough for me, I am a hurtin' woman! Oh and BB decided to trek down one of the trails in the neighborhood across the street yesterday. I was a little nervous because I didn't know where we would end up! The neighborhood butts up to a state forest and I did not have a flashlight or phone or any survival gear! We ended up just on a higher street in the neighborhood. Whew! :cool:

Lisa, I hope you're having a great time off of the grid! Are there any bike races in your area that entice you? There is a bike race here (just one of many) where people ride from Seattle to Portland over a weekend. It's 160 miles! I think you'd kill it. Interesting about DH's possible early retirement! DH and I think about it but feel we are not near the time to do it. We're working towards it though. I hadn't even thought about having just one car--duh! That makes sense!

Mary, I had to LOL about that patient's opinion about your bra! I work for a state government agency and we get quite a few crazies too! That would be awesome if you could go to Vegas in November--I can't imagine the strip shut off to cars so people can run. That would be so cool!

Roxie, I hope you are feeling better! Stomach issues can be the worst. :(

I do take BB outside for his walks and runs year round. He demands it! He loves being outside and it's good for me to get out too. DH and I have all the gear for it so it's only the first bad weather day we get in the fall that makes me cranky. :rolleyes: Then I get over it. :D

Have a great weekend sweet babes!

Oh! Speaking of never having enough workouts, I just ordered my first KCM workouts--her latest ones on Collage Video. (I know! I've been living under a rock!) I'd love to hear your recommendations for other ones of hers you like and where you normally get them from. I already wrote down the one Ronne mentioned--Bodysculpting. :) Thank you fit babes!

Hi ladies! I'm back! It was quite the trip....seemed there was always a hiccup going on. Got warning light on car with tire pressure on the way up, right as we were entering a 'no services for 81 miles area', then on day 1 we took a dirt road to get to where we were going and ran into a truck spraying it down with water, um, can you say filthy bikes and car?, I think a couple days later we took a different dirtish road to get to a place that said the trails were groomed, well they were groomed with cow crap! We turned around after half a mile and was blocked the only way to get out by a very unhappy bull!, stomping the ground making that noise they do when they are going to charge. He wasn't moving and we needed to get by so Suki and I hid behind a tree while DH made a wide circle to get him to move on, well he did move on toward me! but thankfully he decided to take the path instead of continuing toward me. Now the bikes were not only dirty (whitish dirt from the road) but full of cow crap! Washed off bike tires in the creek right by the hotel room. Then the last day I got a flat tire on my bike. I calmly asked DH if something was wrong with the bike as it felt weird and he exclaimed 'oh sh1t!', I was freaked out thinking something was really wrong and stopped and forgot to unclip, into the weeds I went, we got the flat changed (yea us!), did the route and decided to do a little more when as we were going down a 5% grade we saw a place we'd like to eat at, stopped, changed directions to go back and I forgot to downshift, tried going up the hill in the hardest gear and I couldn't and I was clipped in, yep, you guessed it, down I went still attached to the bike! I guess the fun of vacation is making the memories! The bike trail actually had quite a bit of elevation gain, the easiest day was twice the elevation gain we normally do! DH didn't like the constant uphill and was harder for him, for me it was easier than the hills here that are short and steep. He's more a short burst kinda person and I guess I'm more endurance. Day 1 we did 35 miles and 2000 ft for the elevation gain, Day 2, 31 miles and 1500 ft elevation gain, day 3 was the bull crap day, and we did hiking, ankle was precarious as we did a high that we had to cross the creek multiple times on wobbly rocks, ended up with soaked shoes and it was so hot! Day 4 25 miles 1300 ft elevation gain then the drive home. We rested Friday (we were beat) and today we jusst did a little ride, 23 miles and 700ft elevation gain. So far for the week, that's 113 miles and 5200 ft elevation gain! We plan another ride tomorrow so I expect to be at 135 miles and 6000 ft elevation gain in the last 7 days!

Jody, my vote is for no pushups! In fact when pushups come up, I do a pilates move on my reformer (I thinik it's called elephant..or maybe I'm making that name up), any way, works more core. I'm finding when I don't do any UB weights my neck and left shoulder feel so much better, almost makes me want to embrace the cyclist body (muscular legs and scrawny UB). I'm going to ask my massage therapist about it next week and see what she says.....I think it's rear delt flies that bother me the most, may have to drop to 3 lbs for those, seems pointless. And as I always say, I was lead down this cyclist path for a reason :) DD sounds like she's having a blast! And great job on doing some workouts!

Mary, I live in sports bras these days...guess I have the uni-boob look with them. It was wicked hot while we were gone but it was also hot in SD, maybe 87 or so, the last day was much cooler too bad we couldn't have had the cooler weather the whole time, but when we got home it turned cooler here as well (60s) so we're enjoying cycling this weekend in the cool weather!

Tracy, we aren't into races or anything, actually we are kinda anti crowds! It was so lovely in SD on the Mickelson trail, hardly a soul on it. The hike into devil's bathtub on the other hand was packed and hot (no breeze in the canyon). All the other times we didn't see many people, just how we like it! Dogs have a positive effect on getting us out! Even in the rain in your case!

Ronne, sounds like a lot of us are having a heatwave of some sort. DH got a cramp the second day, I kept telling him he isn't drinking enough. He was blaming his age (he had a birthday while we were gone...61). I always drink about 16 oz first thing every morning whether I'm thirsty or not. I tried not to be too hard on him but his was a whiner...of course he did have. dog he was hauling on the bike (20 lbs or so). I saw a lady hauling a trailer with a dog and the dog wasn't sitting inside, instead he was standing outside the trailer door like ooh this is fun! I'll be trying my hand at hauling Suki this week sometime on my old regular bike as it's more suited to her basket. I just don't want to ride the ebike anymore!

Oh, so, there were butterflies galore on the SD trail. Kept running into them! We got to where we'd say 'butterfly' when we saw one. It turned out 5 min didn't go by before we'd be saying butterfly! Suki thought they were cool. Then 2 days a deer decided to run alongside us! Saw a lot of beavers too running across the trail. DH said they are mean, but I thought they were much cuter than the pesky prairie dogs we have here.

Hi all! Yesterday I did LB and some core from STS TB, today a bike ride for an hour plus.

Lisa, that's quite a few spills going on! I would be psyched to see the beaver etc. Glad you escaped unscathed from the bullshit situation! RE the pushups, I was just thinking out loud b/c those trainers have sort of negated doing push ups on the knees as less useful from a training perspective. I agree about crowds are icky. But your trip sounds lovely!

Tracy, I sortof did my own inadvertent explore today- rode into a development through a gate and almost got stuck in there til someone left! Your explore w/ BB sounds more fun! I have a lot of KCM's but have gone off them lately tbh. My least fave aspect of her workouts is boxing. I order from Total Fitness, Amazon or from Kelly's site. Look at you showing your age by using Collage! Remember getting the catalogs? I used to pore over them and highlight my desires, back when I had my Cher/Kelly Roberts, Jane Fonda and Lifetime TV.

Mary I hope you are still having the nice weather. I was going to do Cedar Point in Aug but prob just do family time now. My bro is flying to OH to meet us while we are there to surprise Mom for her birthday, she will be 80 on Aug 15 so I guess I shouldn't ditch family and go gallivanting off on my own.

Ronne, I'm purging my cosmetic bin. Just so you know I think of you b/c of when you said you have two lippies, one for daily and one for going out! I could make pyramids of all my powders and colors.

Weekend is ticking down and I'm on the next 3 days, have a great week all and waves to all.

Hi ladies

Wow, loads to catch up on!

Jody - why have you gone off KCM? I also used to buy from Collage until quite recently, till it got bought out. They'd send me the catalogue as well. It was an eye-opener. Yes, jabs = vaccinations. We got Hep B and tetanus. I've actually been buying a bit of make-up recently, I think I now have four lippies!! But that is enough for me...

Lisa - sounds like a great trip. You really made me laugh with all that falling off the bike! I think you now need a holiday after your holiday! That sounds exhausting. I'm really impressed and I think you can cut DH some slack if he had the dog to pull as well. You definitely deserve some massage therapy. The wildlife sounds lovely as well.

Mary - love the bra story! The perils of working with the public.

Tracy - sounds like you're also 'enjoying' the heatwave as well. I presume everyone else has air con? We don't! Hope you enjoyed the pool. I'll look through my KCMs and give you some more recommendations.

Well, I've ended up having a week off workouts, thanks to weather and other stuff going on. DD and I went to London last week to the theatre, overnight stay and shopping. Had a great time but we travelled there on the hottest day of the year here: 34 degrees. Our train had no air con and just tiny windows that opened at the top. It was unbearable, I've never had such a hot train journey. Thank god it only takes an hour to get there. Fortunately, both the restaurant and the theatre had air con.
Then I was back in London again for work on Friday all day.
The weather has now broken, it's about 10 degrees cooler and much more pleasant.
We caught up with family at the weekend and DH's granddaughter who is delightful. DD had another gym comp, not quite so successful as last week but that's what she was expecting.
So I'm back to working out again. Did ICE LIS plus abs today.

Hi girls! I don't know where I have been, sorry to have been missing! I have been working out and goodness knows what else!

Ronne, no air conditioning?? That can be miserable! Can you get a window or floor unit for your room? We only put our on when it's above 90 F, otherwise it's the fans.

Jody, that's a big birthday for your mom! Hope the next couple of days fly by! I get to have a root canal tomorrow, I'd actually rather be at work!

Lisa, sounds like you had a great trip, except for the falling and poop! I bet you are exhausted!

Tracey, I didn't even know Collage was still in business! If you look on YouTube she has son "raw" workouts in her basement. You could see if you like her and her style, for free!!

Hello to Murphy and Roxie!

Gotta get dinner going, good night to all! Mary

Hi all

Mary - for the amount of days we'd use it it probably wouldn't be worth it. We have a fan which we move around as necessary. Most houses don't have air con here. Good luck with the root canal, sounds horrible!

Another ICE workout: CUB. Short and sweet on a busy day at work. I'm off to the theatre tonight with a friend, going to grab some food first. Looking forward to catching up with her as I haven't seen her for ages.

Hi all, yesterday I took suki on my old bike and I even set some PRs on the route! The gearing is easier on the bike (after my research on gears and ratios) but I know I'm still stronger because I used to barely be able to take just me on that bike! I did CUB today (ronne inspired).

Ronne, air con used to be a luxury here but it seems necessary these days to me. You're at a higher latitude so I can understand no air con there. Thanks for the workout inspiration! Hope you had a great time with your friend!

Mary, another root canal? Poor thing! Never had one. Except for braces my teeth haven't given me problems, I have lots of other problems! Oh speaking of problems, DH takes what I consider to be a high dose of BP meds, since cycling he's had to cut them in half!

Jody, an hour is a decent ride. My neighbor laughs that I consider a short ride to be 2 hrs. Strava is the app to use to track rides if you want to get in there.

My neighbor is on the east coast because her daughter adopted a baby so that's why I'm taking suki on my own when dh isn't available.tomorrow is massage day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

I have been working a lot of late shifts so haven't been able to post. I discovered tonight that all my KCM workouts go lost in the move I am so mad and upset because I had all the boxes sitting in one spot don't know what happened.

Hello

Lisa - that's great about DH. You definitely need to be retired to fit all that cycling in.

Roxie - I would be so peed off in your place. I'd hate to lose my DVDs.

Tracy - my favourite KCMs are Trim Down, Slim Sculpting, Your Best Body, TLC and Body Shop. I prefer her more recent ones to the older ones.

Did a KCM today: Trim Down. Enjoying the cooler weather here!
Had a great time at the theatre last night and we had a nice meal first as well. We got stuck in the car park on the way out though!

DH and I did a 20 mile bike ride before my massage. After doing CUB yesterday (and being sensible with the weights) I started feeling it last night in my not so good spots. This morning my pecs was a good sore. Well massage lady said I was tight right where it wasn't feeling good. I ran what I think is going on by her and she concurs with what I'm thinking. It's not worth it. She thinks chest, bi, Tri are OK and agrees the shoulder moves are not able to engage the belly of the muscles because of the fusion and instead working the attachments (neck and shoulder blade) hence why those areas hurt. So I'm going to do no more UB weights for the next 4 weeks and see what she notices then. Depending on that I may then add back in some of the moves I think is ok, of course staying light. Guess I'm still learning! Better late than never!

Roxie hope you find the DVDs!

Ronne, sounds like there's a story in the car park,

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi ladies

Lisa - very sensible!! Frustrating, but sensible! Your massage lady is such a find. Do overhead pilates moves hurt or can you do that instead?

Did an ICE CLB premix 35 mins. DD has got her prom tonight (it's not quite the all-singing, all-dancing US version) but they're going to a hotel where they've got a DJ and a sit-down meal. She's going to friends later for an after-party. Glad I don't have to see that bit!

23 miles today with DH. We were tired but we just kept going even on the hills (oh what I'd give to be able to ride flat land some days), turns out I got some PRs! Yesterday DH and I accidentally fell asleep on the couch, woke up starving so got a pizza :)

Ronne, neurosurgeon warned me of overhead moves being hard on the neck. Not sure what pilates moves you're thinking of, but even just holding my arms out or up is tough when done too much (my reason for not doing yardwork anymore!). In fact, it's after my ankle problem when I couldn't do Cathe step that I figured out that all the arm movements add up to my shoulder blade flaring up. Massage lady had told me then that when lifting your arm you use your attachment at the shoulder blade, holding arm at shoulder level, the belly, then up over your head it's the attachment at your neck. I'm finally adding all the puzzle pieces together and it's all starting to make sense. I've decided I'm going to go for a cyclist body...big quads and skinny UB :) No really, just trying to stay active! Our high school had an all night event in the high school where they were locked in all night with parental supervision after prom. Really a good idea! They had games set up and different activities set up in the high school, even decorated nicely too.

Hi all~ Today was 73 minute bike ride and Ba, Ch from PUB. Not exactly what I had planned but my feet weren't in the mood for my walk/sprints I had penciled in my calendar, plus now I'll have to tack on the rest of the UB tomorrow. I considered getting on the CUB bandwagon but I wasn't feeling that either. Previously, 8, 11, 10 K steps on busy work days.

Lisa, I got Strava but didn't start the tracking til I got home, duh! Learning about ratios is figuring out how to compare, for example, 3,9 and 2,4 settings? I usually keep mine on hardest and since I only ride flat except when I go over bridges. About how many hours per week do you cycle? One of my co workers just adopted a baby from Pittsburgh. Maybe they are running a special on the East coast?!

Ronne I hope dd has a lovely time! I never went to prom, neither did my girls but I love seeing the cute fashions the kids wear these days on FB. It seems less formal and more about expressing personality. Anyway, I hope she enjoys. It sounds like you've had a couple of nice trips to theater lately, as well as good times w/ friends and family.

Roxie I'm so sorry about your lost DVDs! Do you think they will turn up? oops we were posting at the same time, Yay!

Mary, how did the root canal go? Do you have to take it easy for a few days?

Tracy, in re your walk w/ BB, its kinda funny that on some level you have to think about survival gear! I just watched Swiss Army Man and I think it was shot in the Pacific NW. Very pretty. But the guy was stranded and lost!

Murphy I hope all is well and you are having a nice summer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.