What is your fave Weight lifting videos

My favorite is STS (do this one at least once a year!), followed by Slow and Heavy then Gym Style. I combine these with cardio (spin cycle) so I feel I am getting the best of both worlds!

Really liking RWH Lift It Hit right now, but I also love Burn Sets and PUB. Haven't done Gym Style in a few years, so that's on my radar. I own S&H but have never done them (yet!). As for total body routines, STS is definitely my favorite!!

Because I LOVE PUB so much, I want to try to tweak it and do it reverse-pyramid style as Cathe mentioned on her blog. Not sure if I can do it with PUB in the background to stick with the same amount of time for each body part, but it's an idea I'm considering. It'll also allow me to go heavier in each section, too.

I am doing Strong and Sweaty now, and enjoy it. My thing with weight lifting is the variety and changing things up. I have all of the weight lifting workouts people mentioned previously (except STS), and enjoy them all. I also enjoy the older workouts like Power Hour and Maximum Intensity Strength. I find that once you get in too much of a groove with one workout, you should switch to another with new challenges. Eventually, when you return to the older workouts, they will be challenging again!

I'm a newbie but my two favorites are XTrain's Bi's & Tri's along with Chest, Shoulders & Back. They aren't all that challenging unless you use a weight that requires effort but because no exercise is repeated they're a lot of fun and work the muscles different ways. Burn Sets, Lift it Hiit it and High Reps are great too. I haven't done the STS rotation but I've gotten wonderful results with the DVDs I do have. I also like ICE Metabolic Total Body; if you increase the weights you really feel it! Upping the weights in ICE Upper Body helps too but I usually do that on rest days as it isn't a challenge anymore. To me that's a good thing! :)

I appreciate reading everyone's input since I always am looking for more strength oriented DVDs and Cathe's the best! Thank you! :)

A word of caution with going heavier, at least on some of MTB moves. I tore my distal bicep tendon about 10 days ago doing Ice MTB. I love this work out, but the fast pace, along with only an 8 lb. weight, and maybe a slightly wrong position when my arm was extended, caused the tear. Doctor advised not to lift for 8 weeks, then start slowly. I would easily do bicep curls with 15-25 lbs., depending on the w/o. This is my first injury in 10 years of weight training. When I return to this w/o I will start with no weights. I am 62, so I'm sure age plays into it also, but I want to continue lifting for the rest of my life. In the future, I am keeping it slow and controlled. Perhaps my experience will prevent injury to another Cathletes.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.