Hardcore check in for February 2017

Today I did not workout because I needed to take my son to look at a car he wants to buy. Boy, did we have a rain storm yesterday! We got more rain yesterday than we got all of last year! Crazy weather for California but we really needed it! Goodbye to the drought.

Diane Sue, at least you got a workout in even though it was short. Enjoy your time with your grandson. I think I am going to sign up for Les Mills on demand and do more kickboxing and try body pump. You get 10 free days to try it out so why not!

Have a nice day.

Jolie, I hope the car shopping was fun. I am sure that your son is anxious to get a car too. I have heard about mudslides in some areas. I knew California was needing it badly. It will be interesting to see what you think of Les Mills Pump.

I cant believe how sick my family is, still!!! My son has the worst swollen glands I have ever seen. We are on every supplement you could possible take to get better.

Today I did not want to work up a sweat because I don't want to get my sore throat back. I am really missing my cardio and I have gained 2 pounds by not doing it. I am till coughing a lot at night. I did Biceps, Deadlifts and Les Mills Combat Abs. I actually burned 302 calories! I need to start doing more abs, they are weak.

BB Bicep Curls
35# x 12, x 12, x 10, x 8, x 15 TF

Seated Alt. Curls DB
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 20 TF

Preacher Curls DB
15# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Power Hour Biceps BB Curls- 20# bar x a lot!

Deadlifts BB
40# x 15, x 12, x 10, x 10 TF

ABS

Diane Sue, once I can do cardio again I am going to sigh up for Les Mills on Demand. I need a break from just doing Cathe workouts so I am excited for something new. I want to do some more kickboxing workouts, they tend to lean me out upper and lower body if I use 1 pound gloves. I will let you know what I think about the workouts. I saw that there are complete workouts on You Tube if we want to try those first. But on demand is only $10 per month so what the heck!

I hope you are all having a nice weekend. Enjoy.

Rest day today>

Jolie, I really like Combat Abs. Good job on the workout today. I would rather pay for the streaming than deal with finding what I want to do and hoping it doesn't buffer doing YouTube. We have high speed internet and it should do well handling any streaming but it does not work well with everything.

Hello everyone, I am back. Had a great lazy week and now I'm ready to get back to it. I have the day of so I took advantage and did a long workout. I am starting the Body Beast series and had fun with this first workout. Today I did Build: Chest & Tri's.

Single Set
Dumbbell Chest Press:
15's/20's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Incline Dumbbell Fly:
15's/20's/25's
ss w/
Incline Dumbbell Press: 15's/25's/30's/20's - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
Close Grip Press:
12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8
Partial Chest Press: 12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8
Decline Pushups: 15 (2 on knees) /12 (2 on knees) /8 reps

Single Set
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions:
10'/s12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/7 (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Single-Arm Kickbacks:
8#/10#/12#/8# - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Tricep Pushups: 15/10/8 - (all on my knees)

Super Set
Dips:
60 seconds
ss w/
Ins & Outs (abs): 60 seconds

I also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles. Had a great workout today!!!

I am happy to say my cat is about back to normal. I wrote a letter to the vet administrations telling them how unsatisfied I was with them. You guys would not believe what they did to that poor cat. It looks like they gave him an overdose of opiates and then gave him narcan. WTF??? Totally pissed off about that and so many other things they did to him. So glad he is finally home.

Diane Sue - Nice job with your workouts, I hope you are feeling stronger with your upper body and are able to continue doing more and more.

Jolie - Dang, I hope your family starts feeling better. Kind of scary that the sickness has held on for so long. I seen on the news that you all were having mudslides due to all that rain. Weren't you going through a drought for a couple years? It's one extreme or the other it seems. Hope you are all safe.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workouts. How's your hand?

Last edited:
Today I did cardio, Les Mills Combat 30 with 1 pound gloves. I also did the first 15 minutes of Power Kata with 2 pound gloves. Total workout was 45 minutes and I burned 453 calories and my max heart rate was 177. I really miss kickboxing so I will be doing more of it in the future.

Today I feel half way normal!!! I made a drink for my son and I and it really helped. Lemon juice, syrup, grated ginger, Cayenne pepper and honey. We drank large amounts yesterday and it really helped our throats.

Debbie, awesome workout today I must say! I love the Body Beast workouts, enjoy! I am glad your kitty is doing better. I hate to see them suffer and not be able to let us know what is bothering them. We are no longer in a drought! We got more rain last Friday than we did the entire last year all together! Wow is all I can say. Our Sierra Nevada mountains have a 35 foot snow base!!!

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Rapid Fire Kick Box and Core Burn, 89 minutes, 638 calories. I really do like these workouts. They pack in a lot if you do the whole workout. Shadow boxing, kickboxing, heavy bag, standing and floor core. I used 1# gloves for the shadow boxing and 5 and 8# med balls for the core work. I prefer the 5# soft ball when I am holding the ball between my knees. My 8 # med ball has no give at all and puts too much pressure on the knee that I had surgery on when I am trying to squeeze it to hole on to it.

Debbie, nice work today. That is nice that you enjoyed your rest week. I feel very sorry for your kitty. It is too bad they can't let you know what is going on. It will be interesting if you hear back on your letter. I am sure he is happy to be back in his loving home with someone that cares about his comfort. I have never liked having to leave my pets overnight with the vet, let alone for that many days. My favorite bet in the last city we lived in was so good though. He was so comfortable with the animals and they seemed to know. He was the only one that could just sit down in the lobby and trim my dog Mudd (who is now gone) claws. Others would muzzle her and have to hold her down. Once I had to leave her overnight for something and she came back smelling all clean and wonderful. For the life of me I cannot remember what they had to do. They had a neighborhood dog that would just come to visit the clinic. They would take it into the back room and call the owner, which was an elderly lady to let her know they had her dog. I watched them pet it and I watched them walk the dogs and give them attention. You just don't find that often.
I am going to try Total Body Giant Sets in it's entirety tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well. I just back off if I feel discomfort in the chest area, but each week I notice a difference and that I can do a bit more without discomfort.

Jolie, it is good to hear that you are feeling so much better. I have been drinking lemon juice, vinegar and honey with some warm water a lot lately. It helped when I was sick and helps some with all of the coughing from my allergies. I also add cayenne pepper, ginger, and turmeric to my greens drink every morning. You really did get a lot of rain. I know they kept talking about growing almond trees and how much water they took with your drought. That is good that you got the rain. Sad about the mudslides. I have seen that before in California. We had a huge downpour last night. It is back up in the 70's today. I had to put buckets in my sunroom because the wind and rain was blowing so hard that it was coming in around some of the glass panels. :( I am going to have to clean the carpet because it went around some of it and got the carpet. That room used to be an enclave patio and they had glassed it in. I hate the glass ceiling. Besides the occasional leak it is super hot in summer and very cold during the winter. There is a ceiling fan but no air or heat in that room. I started out with my Tread Climber in there and soon had it moved to the bedroom. We need to figure out something to do with it. My son and grandson tried caulking it once. That helped for a little while. It is in an impossible place to do much with. It is lower than the roof top and you cannot climb on the glass. Someone was not thinking well when they did it.
I think that kickboxing workouts really do help to lean out a lot. I can already tell a difference after just a week of hitting the Rapid Fire Workouts.

Today I did Build: Back & Bi's and had a great workout - Love this series. I wish it wasn't so long in time, I only had about 15 minutes to walk on my treadmill, but I burned some good calories with BB.

BACK
Single Set
Deadlifts:
12's/15's/20's/15's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Dumbbell Pullover:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Pullups: 3 sets/10 reps (used my bands for this)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Row:
30#/40#/50# - 15/12/8 reps
One-Arm Row: 20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
Reverse Fly: 10's/12's/15's - 10/12/8 reps

Single Set
Close Grip Chin Ups:
Skipped

BICEPS
Single Set
Seated Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
12's/15's/20's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
1, 1, 2 Hammer Curl:
5's/8's/10's - 15/12/8 (should have went heavier with this one)

Single Set
Neutral EZ Bar Curl:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
Airplane Cobra:
Skipped - I don't like doing these because they hurt my upper back

Workout was 45 minutes, Average HR 89, Max HR 125. Burned 156 calories.

Then I had a few minutes to walk on my treadmill. I waked for .75 miles.

Hope you all have great workouts. Running late this morning. Nice workouts yesterday, everyone!!!

Today I did Giant Sets, Upper Body only and finished with Power Hour, shoulders, triceps and biceps. I ended the entire workout with a short ab routine. Giant Sets upper body is too easy by itself so I added the power hour at the end which I loved. I burned 460 calories.

Giant Sets
Overhead Press- 15# DB x 16
Upright Rows- 15# DB x 16
Rear Flies- 12# x 16
Incline Front Raise- 8# DB x 16
Lateral Raise- 8# x 16

1 arm rows- 25# x 16
Pullovers two DB's - 15# x 16

Chest Flies- 20# x 16
Incline Press- 20# x 16
Pushups- 10 on toes, 10 on knees

Lying Triceps ext. DB's- 12# x 16
Close Grip Chest Press DB- 15# x 16
Lying Triceps ext. DB's- 12# x 16

W Curls- 15# x 16
Incline Hammer Curls- 15# x 16
Preacher Curls- 15# x 16

Power Hour
Front Raise with 10# plate x multi
Lateral Raise- 5 # x multi
Rear Raise- 8# x multi
BB Shoulder Press- 20# x a lot!

Biceps BB curls 20# BB x a lot!

Lying Triceps Ext DB- 10# x a lot!
1 Arm Kickbacks- 8# x 12
Lying Triceps Ext DB- 10# x a lot!

ABS-

Wow that was fun! It takes time to set up for each exercise but now that I have done it one time through, next time will be easier and faster.

Debbie, Nice Body Beast workout! I am sure your calorie burn was more than you stated! I am sure it was a typo... I just went through all of my old workout files and found all your stuff you posted from 2007/2008/2009/ Wow those were some tough workouts! Your eating was so spot on and you were so diligent! I am sure you still are, you just don't post what you eat. I like all the rotations you put together for everyone. You are a nice person to take the time to do that for whomever asked.

Roselyn, I will check back in to see how you are doing.

Diane Sue, what did you think of Giant Sets both upper and lower body? I will check your post later in the day.

Have a Kick Ass Day!!!

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets mix with the abs which took me 70 minutes with changing some weight plate pauses and writing the weights down. 390 calories. I then did Barre Amped strength and stretch, lower body and upper body stretch, 33 minutes, 83 calories. Total calories 473. I went a bit heavier on a lot of the lower body moves. Upper was slightly lower on some, the same as Cathe on some, and a few moves I went heavier. Chest is still a slow process. I am not pushing it really hard and I do not think it is necessary anyway. I just realized that we are having my husband's birthday celebration this Sunday afternoon. This month has flown by. I need to make some meal plans, etc.. Along with German chocolate cake from scratch. I have already been to the store twice this week and am thinking either pizza or maybe getting stuff to grill burgers and hot dogs. Hmm!

Debbie, nice work on Body Beast today :)

Jolie, I liked Total Body Giant sets. It was a bit easier to heavy up some since there was only one giant set for each upper body part. Then there are 3 for lower. It works well for me. I think if I wanted to get more out of it the double extreme premix or doing the double or triple upper and lower on separate days would work better for more gain. I am sore from the Rapid fire workouts which do some light strength work in some and once through was fine for me.

Hi to Roselyn.

My son was home for the long weekend so forgot to post as we were also helping my sister move.

Worked out all those days yesterday was back/bis today was chest may hit triceps later

Have a great day girls!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a pretty good workout. Was sweating like crazy, it is unusually warm here right now. Usually this time of year we are in the 30's if not 20's and it was 50 degrees when I got up at 4:30. It will be in the upper 60's today and in the 70's by Friday. Unheard of. We haven't had winter at all. Not sure how I feel about that. I hate driving in snow and ice, but it sure is pretty when everything is white.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.38 miles, burned 242 calories (TM said 330), went 4939 steps. Average HR was 117 and Max was 157.

Jolie - Yes, I am still diligent in my foods. I use Myfitnesspal to track what I eat each day. I am not as strict, but I always stay within my calories. Weekends I let loose, but I still track so I know where I am. I let myself slide at least one day during the weekend. Thanks about my workouts and the rotations I used to do. I wish I had time to do them again but I don't have all of Cathe's workouts and I don't know them inside out like I used to. She puts out too many workouts too quickly. I had fun doing those rotations. I don't even think my rotation post is on the first page anymore, someone used to post on it to keep it on the first page but I don't think it's there anymore. LOL! Oh well. Nice workout yesterday, you kicked butt! That looks like a fun combo, I will have to try it.

Diane Sue
- Have fun planning the party for your husband. So is he home now for good? Or does he still get shipped places? I admire men like your husband, they give up so much for our country. God Bless him. My mom turns 80 this year so I am going to plan a surprise party for her. It's in July so should be nice here for that. I can't believe she is 80.

Roselyn - Nice workouts! Just moving someone is a workout in itself.

Today is my rest day, I am so busy doing things for the family. Yesterdays workout kicked my butt, in a good way! I am sore all over and it feels so good to have DOMS again!

Debbie, nice workout. I am going to try to incorporate more kickboxing and total body workouts into my rotation for this month. I want to do some different kinds of workouts because I feel very bored lately. Also, I looked back in my notes and the kickboxing has leaned me out in the past so I am going to try it again. Summer is right around the corner!

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today. Diane Sue, good luck planning your husbands birthday party, sounds like fun!

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Slam it, no modifiers, 50 minutes, 402 calories. avg heart rate 134/ max 168. I then did Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast, 11 minutes, 94 calories, avg. 130/max 145 heart rate. I finished off with Barre Amped Strength and Stretch bonus ball 7 minutes, 16 calories. Total time 68 minutes, 515 calories. It has been busy here. I had grandchildren last night. My two year old grandson spent so much time jumping on the rebounder and singing and shouting in the karaoke mike while his sister made up her own songs. I tried foam rolling and he thought since I was lying on the foam roller that I needed covered up with the mats. Funny little boy. Today was Wednesday dinner and I had two of my children and their families for dinner. I was putting together some snickerdoodle cookies and mixing up biscuits to add to the meal since there was going to be more of us here. I was lucky I had a large rump roast in the slow cooker with a coffee based rub on it. We still have extra I ate mine on top of a salad.

Roselyn, that is nice that you had your son home for a long weekend. I am sure you enjoyed it.

Debbie, it is unusually warm here too. It is supposed to be in the low 80's tomorrow. I turned the air on today while I was cooking and dragged a fan out. I miss the allergy season reprieve and I really do worry what the summer weather is going to be like. I don't like the icy roads and have a dread of that, but you are right the snow is beautiful if we have just a bit of it. January and February are usually our coldest months. My granddaughter is turning 9 and is having a double birthday celebration with her Papa. She wants something with cookies and cream ice cream and Oreo cookies for her birthday cake. So she will have a decorated ice cream dessert. Yes my husband is home for good. I don't think he will go back out again. Thank you for your appreciation. Our men deserve being appreciated for their service.

Jolie, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day. I may have to take one or have a short workout tomorrow. My husband and I have a meeting to go to in the morning. I plan on doing another of the Rapid Fire workouts this week and another weight workout. I am not sure whether I will do a total body or just do Ramped Up and then a lower body on another day.

Today I did Body Beast - Build: Shoulders. Had a great workout, I really love working shoulders. This is a fun workout.

SHOULDERS
Single Set
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
10's/12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Upright Row: 20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 3s/5s/8s - 15/12/8 reps
Rear Delt Raise: 8's/10's/12's - 10/12/8 reps

Super Set
Dumbbell Shrugs:
15s/20s/25s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Dumbbell Scrap Trap: Skipped - These hurt my upper back

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way:
3s - 12/8 reps
ss w/
Tuck & Roll:
2 sets/15 reps

Walked on my treadmill for 1 mile as well. :)

Diane Sue - You are right, our men do not get the appreciation they deserve. People here live in their little bubble (me included) and we don't think twice about the men and women serving for us. It's sad, really. I hope you have a great birthday celebration with your granddaughter. Oreo anything is good in my book!!! Nice workout and LOL about your grandson! How cute!!

Jolie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

I had to just do a quick workout this morning so I chose Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 2, 28 minutes, 208 calories max heart rate 163. I have not done this in a long time and surprised myself that I was able to do the whole thing without modifiers. I picked up two of my younger grandchildren and brought them back to my house. Their mother's daycare children all had bad colds. One had to go home they were so sick. We did not want ours to get sick. None of us want to be sick!

Debbie, I think people are so self focused and would rather stick their heads in the sand and ignore anything unsettling that is going on around them. They do not think about the sacrifice for the freedoms that we enjoy. I just read about two men that had been in Vietnam and both should have been dead. How their lives changed. One losing half of his face because of a phosphorus grenade had blown up in his face that was supposed to light things. Surgery was bad because when they used some of the equipment it would set fires in the surgery room. He made it with lots of surgeries. The other was blown up and hauled off. He was much worse off mentally and very bitter for years. Anyway, reading it left me in tears. Both men met up later as one was speaking in a church and the other heard he was alive and went to see him. It was an emotional story.

Today I did Powerstrike 6 kickboxing using 1 pound weighted gloves. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 520 calories. This is a tough workout, so many punches and kicks! My max heart rate was 170. My hamstrings are a bit sore after doing this many kicks. I need a good stretch.

I had to hurry today because my mom was coming for the day and I am going to color and cut her hair. I have been doing it if 30 years even though she moved 2 hours away. It is nice to spend time with her with all the men around for once.

Debbie, great shoulder workout! I love that workout and have to try it again. Shoulders are my favorite body part to work!

Diane Sue, nice workout, I don't think I have ever done that one. I hope your birthday party planning is going well.

Roselyn, I hope you enjoy your workout today.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, nice work on the kickboxing today. Great heart rate. That is so nice that you cut and color your mother's hair. My husband cuts mine most of the time. I haven't been to a salon in several years. It would be pleasant having her visit for the whole day.

I did Body Beast - Build: Legs. Went light with the weights because my knees are just starting to feel better. Had a great sweaty workout. I skipped the calf and ab work because I got up late and wanted to walk on the treadmill a bit.

LEGS

Single Set
Sumo Squat (Plies):
15#/20#/25#/20# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Alternating Lunge (did Static Lunges instead):
10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Step-Up to Reverse Lunge: 10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat:
12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
Sagi EZ Bar Deads: 15#/20#/25# - 10/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Calf Raise:
Skipped
Seated Calf Raise: Skipped
ABS
Ins and Outs:
Skipped

Then I walked on my treadmill for .75 miles. Pissed that I got up late. I turned my alarm clock off instead of hitting snooze. :(

At work so no time for personals. Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Today I did Rapid FIre 4 Sweat premix that I kickboxing with the core, 49 minutes 363 calories followed by Ramped Up Upper Body, 47 minutes,266 calories. I was able to increase weights a bit on some moves. This is the first time I have done the entire workout at once. Total time was 95 minutes, calories 629. I have to get out to the store for baking items and a few things for Sunday and clean house while no one is here.

Debbie, nice workout today. It can make my day off when my alarm does not go off and I have to hurry round in the mornings.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.