Another all band workout

AlanaE

I use your Travel Fit DVD a lot. I think many of us who do a lot of traveling would love to be able to rotate between one or two different DVD's when traveling. I have looked for other all band workouts on many different sites and was really surprised to see that no one seems to have made one. Therefore I think another of these type of workouts would be really useful for many of us. Thank you.

I go to my grown children's homes quite a bit. I alway pack my tubes, bands, and boxing gloves and do Cathe workouts that use this equipment. I would love another band workout. How about an all band resistance workout? I can usually get the cardio in but the resistance work is limited.

leeanng12, totally agree - Cathe has an enormous number of workouts using dumbbells and barbells - would be great to have more dedicated resistance only workouts using ONLY a band and/or tubing; no barbells, no dumbbells just bands!

I was stuck in a motel in an unsafe area for 30 days. Nowhere to walk outdoors. It had one beat up treadmill, an eliptical contraption that fried my knees, and a pool that they kept cold because it cost too much to heat. But...I had Travel Fit and a good band! I did use their equipment and forced myself to swim, but it was Travel Fit that provided me with an enjoyable daily workout. I returned home with no loss to my previous fitness level and did not gain weight even though we had only restaurant meals. A very handy dvd and it would be great to have another to complement it!

Great idea and can't agree more!!
Resistance training with the band always wake up my intrinsic muscles like the weights/barbell sometimes fail to do. Would love a Cathe live band-only as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just posted this message to Alana but I thought others here might also find it useful:

There are now many workouts out there by good instructors that work only with bands and one I highly recommend is by Linda Wooldridge, Barlates Resista Barre. There's a link here so you can see clips of it from totalfitnessdvds.com, and you can buy it from Mary or off amazon.

I have this workout and take it with me on vacation each year, along with Travel Fit. Linda's workout actually hits the body more than Cathe's and I prefer it. It is more exhaustive. Bands are not fabulous for doing the sort of exercises at which Cathe excels, i.e., squats, lunges etc. The best exercises to use bands for are in fact those that usually get classified as pilates/barre/fusion type and Cathe herself has travelled down that road as she includes these sorts of exercises on many DVDs now whenever she uses the band for lower body. Exercises like clam shell, fire hydrant, firewalkers, leg lifts, etc, etc on DVDs such as Xtrain legs, Lean Legs & Abs, Great Glutes and Turbobarre.

Linda Wooldridge is the master of these exercises and how to teach them and blend them fluidly into a workout with enough reps to really burn and make you stronger. I have just bought her latest release that is a pack of 4 DVDs, each stuffed with heaps of different exercises to work either lower body, upper body, core or total body. I also just ordered her Loop Extreme DVD off amazon as Linda has been talking about this one lately on FB and says it has really made her crazy strong. So, I shall find out!

Linda's workouts are very good value: she is not expensive and each DVD has multiple workouts on it, usually over 100 mins of routines. The new Loop Extreme for example is over 2 hours of material for $13 so you can't really go wrong. When you have several of her DVDs, you can find your favourite segments and them nix and match each day.

Anyway, here are the links:

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/The-Resistance-Band-Solution-4-DVD-Set-with-Lind-p/2053-2071.htm

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Resista-Barre-Total-Body-Workout-DVD-Linda-Woold-p/1206.htm

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Resista-Barre-Total-Body-Workout-DVD-Linda-Woold-p/1206.htm

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...x=linda+wooldridge,aps,210&crid=1B0PF8BZ0AKFS

https://www.amazon.com/Barlates-Bod...2204784&sr=8-11&keywords=linda+wooldridge+dvd

Just so you know, Linda is a real sweetheart and you can also follow her, talk to her and ask advice and questions through her FB posts and page at:

workoutdvdworld or check out her website at: workoutdvdworld.com.au

Hope this helps,

Clare

Wow-thx for sharing that info Clare!! Of course Cathe is my go-to instructor, but she does tend to be heavy on squats, pliés,lunges etc for quad work which is great. However the front of my legs seem to need additional attention. Her live barre work focuses somewhat on this, and I've had good results, but have been looking for more of these type of workouts. So THX!! --I did check out the links you sent & is just what I've been looking for! She has 30 min w/o on Utube for free so so anxious to try!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Clare, unfortunately I'm not a fan of Linda's workouts - have tried to like them but for some reason they just don't click with me. I guess I've been spoilt by Cathe's high quality production standards and awesome music. Oh and I am definitely not a barre fan!

I agree with mjd about the quality of Cathe w/o vs Linda's and I'm sure that's because a majority of hers are free and Cathe's are not. With that said, I've gotten to like/hate barre work due to the fact that since doing barre lower body I've gotten such better toned legs. The tops of my thighs were needing additional attention, as I wanted more definition. Cathe does varied weight leg work, but skims on the "top" thigh which I was needing. Clare posted Linda and I'm glad as I've added her to my "barre" instructors. It doesn't take long for that dreaded "burn" to settle in the thighs with barre work, which I hate because it hurts, but LOVE because it WORKS!! Like Linda said during one of her sessions, "if you don't feel the burn, it's not working". Anyways, interesting to read others likes/dislikes.

Like a couple of posters mentioned, I would also love another Travel Fit because it doesn't require the use of much space - some of us don't have a lot of room to work out in!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.