Buff Badgers - Month of December

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I decided to try Cathe's Low Impact Challenge from the LIS series. I think I've only done that one once and found the foot work complex so never pulled it out that often. After this morning who knows if I'll ever pull it out again. About 3/4 of the way through, I lost my footing and fell backwards off my step and took some skin off the palm of my right hand. Thankfully I didn't smack my head. Then I was pretty much done. Skipped to the stretch. I'm tight in the neck/trap area and have a headache. Need to keep stretching so I don't tighten up.

Discovered this morning that the step workouts that have more complex moves are not for me. I get frustrated way to easily.

Happy Friday!

How did the job interview go? Anxious to hear about it.

This morning I kept my feel planted on the ground and did Great Glutes. I skipped the discs and my butt was sore so I skipped the pizza presses at the end. That was the first time I did that workout. I liked it. I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling this tomorrow. :eek: It's all good though.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Brenda

The step is very complex in Low Impact Step. I actually found that the premix are better. I don't use that one hardly ever either. I totally agree that I am finding the step to be more complex and the Hiit to be too tough for me. Maybe it's aging but thank God for my elliptical.

My interview was okay. I felt good when I left then I started second guessing my responses and wishing I had said more and remembered certain things. It is a position that people usually interview for more than once or several times. I was not as nervous as the past but still nervous. I just hate panel interviews. I did not ask when they plan to make a decision. I expect it to be in a few days though. I will definitely keep you posted whether it's good or bad news. The good thing is the interview was way better than my last one because I didn't freeze up so I am happy about that regardless of the outcome.

I had lunch with some old friends this weekend and did a little shopping for my DS14. Church yesterday and that's about it.

Today was Muscle Max.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good Morning!

Saturday afternoon I did 5 miles on the elliptical while watching Christmas movies. Decorated my tree after that. Yesterday I did the rest of the decorating for the season. I don't go over board just enough to make it look festive.

This morning I did 20 min elliptical madness from the #20x20 challenge I did back in August. Dang that kicked my butt.

Any idea when you'll hear if you're being considered for this other job?

Had a couple inches of snow fall yesterday. As much as I don't like the cold, it was pretty.

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Good Morning!

This morning I decided to get out Butts & Guts. I did the timesaver premix. OMG... my legs & glutes were burning. With doing all those shorter power workouts, I definitely lost my endurance on some things and legs is one of them. :eek:

Hope your week is going well.

Happy Wednesday!!

Half way through the week. This morning I did Cardio SuperSets. I always liked that one.

Have my follow up visit with the doc today to see how I'm recovering. I'm hoping my weight restriction will be lifted.

I got the job. I am super excited. I should start in January.

This morning was 45 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by core work.

That is awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:D

I got released from the doc yesterday of all my restrictions. This morning I was finally able to lift more than 10 lbs. I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's. It felt fabulous to lift weights. I did back down a little on the weights. Don't want to be really sore tomorrow.

Happy Friday!!

I was missing my kickboxing so this morning I did Hardstrikes and 1 of the tabatas. I was late getting down in the basement so I to keep it on the shorter side. Arms are sore from yesterdays workout. Feels good though.

Have a Christmas Party to go to tomorrow night.

Have a great weekend!

Burn Sets after restrictions. Holy Cow. I bet you are burning[emoji2][emoji2].

I got in some shopping over the weekend. DS 14 wanted some shoes but I needed him to try them own. Glad I did because he needed a size larger. Church yesterday and some much needed grocery shopping. It was very cold this weekend too and is expected to rain all day as it is pouring down now.

Good Morning!

Saturday I did Burn Sets Chest, back, and shoulders. I backed off a little more than I did with bi's & tri's as I was sore for a couple of days from that one Was sore yesterday from Sat's workout but not as bad. Yesterday was my off day. This morning I started back in with #treadlift and did 10 min on the elliptical warmed up for 3 min and then intervals at level 5 after that 1 min blast and 45 sec rest and did that until my 10 mins was up. Then did Chest and tri's. 4 rounds of 4 exercises, 10 reps each. Felt good.

I did a little Christmas shopping on Saturday afternoon but not much. Still have lots to do.

Good thing DS went show shopping with you for those shoes.

We had snow all weekend and we're supposed to get more snow during the week and Weds the temp is supposed to take a nose dive. That time of the year.

Good Morning!

It is getting cold outside. It was 10° on my way into work this morning. Brrrr....

Today was legs. Started out with a 3 min warm up on the elliptical and each minute I increased the level. Once I got to 4, I have intervals of 30:30 at a level of 10. I did a couple a 12 which was really hard. Then my 4 exercises today were lung/squat/squat jump (I only used 5 # lbs for this with the squat jump in there), step ups, box jumps, and single leg deadlift w/back leg lifted. I did those really light as my balance and strength on one leg is not good. I stayed focused and took it slow.

Oh my....winter is near.

Today was 40 minutes of elliptical cardio followed by core work. My eating has improved and I have dropped those unwanted gained pounds.

I got in 5 miles in 30 min on the elliptical this morning. Had to make it short I went to plug in the elliptical and turn the TV on and we had no power in that part of the basement. Thankfully DH was up and came down and figure out what was going on.

Congrats on dropping those unwanted pounds, especially this time of the year. You go girl!

I keep forgetting to ask when you start your new job.

Today was #treadlift 10 min cardio. Level 1 for a min, Level 3 for min, Level 5 for a min and then I did level 10 for a min and then 45 sec rest and repeated that until I reached 10 min. Then today was back, biceps, and abs. Single arm rows, bent over flies, standing hammer curls, and weighted crunch 10 reps each 4 rounds. :)

On my way into work this morning the car said -2°. Brrrrrrrr:eek:

I start my new job in January so right after break. I have 4 days next week and so much to do to clear out my office. We are also traveling to see our family for the holidays so I am swamped.

A former colleague treated me to dinner last night to celebrate. She knew how much I wanted a change.

5 miles in 30 minutes....you are a warrior.

I have not worked out the last couple of days but I wanted to check in.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

This morning of #treadlift I did a 1 min warm-up on the elliptical and then went to a level 8 for 2 min as fast as I could and then a min rest (going much slower), then I did level 10 as fast as I could for 2 min w/1 min rest and finished at level 12 for 2 min w/1min rest. Holy crap did that burn my legs. Glad it was only 10 min. Then I did shoulders. Standing push press was one of the exercises and normally I've been using 20's for that, Today I wanted to see if I could do 25's. I did it!! By the 3 round I got to 6-7 reps and I had to rest for a few seconds to push out the other 3. We'll see how my shoulders feel tomorrow.

Hope you find some time to relax and enjoy yourself before starting your new job.

Woke up to snow this morning. It's supposed to start in again this afternoon and into tonight and all day tomorrow. I think snow is pretty just hate driving in it.

Have a great weekend!

Good Morning!

A quick run down of the weekend. Saturday morning I did the scrambles premix of RWH Low Impact HiiT. Then went xmas shopping in the morning. Got home about 11:30 and then DH and I grabbed a little lunch and then we had a couples massage in the afternoon which felt fabulous. DH drove me around to the other places I didn't get to in the morning so I could do more xmas shopping. Yesterday we did went to Meijers to pick up the food for Christmas. Went there because I had a $100 gift card so figured we should use it. Saturday night I got some presents wrapped. Today I have a few other things I need to pickup and then I'll be done for the most part. I have two gifts I'm waiting to arrive (ordered online) and one gift is being made and will be ready for me to pick up this week. I'm getting there.

This morning I started my last week of the build phase of #treadlift with the 10 min on the elliptical followed by chest and triceps. Had a great workout.

Are you ready for the holidays?

Hope you had a great weekend.

I am always impressed by your strength. You had a busy shopping weekend.

We had freezing rain on Saturday so that delayed my plans. Didn't get out til about 3 to shop. I like to go early but weather did not permit.

I am almost practically done packing my office. Just some little cleaning left to do. I threw most stuff in trash or to shred.

I delivered gifts to shelter last night, have a hair appointment this evening. One more day after today and winter break starts.

40 minutes of elliptical cardio yesterday and today.

Awe...thank you.

I think I'll take the snow over the freezing rain. Temps up in the 20's by me today. Better than what it was.

That'll be nice to have the break before you start your new job. How exciting.

Yesterday I took a vacation day. Got my Xmas presents wrapped. Still have 3 things coming yet that I'll need to wrap once I get them.

As for the workouts yesterday was #treadlift 10 min of warm-up & intervals on the elliptical followed by legs. Ugh.. :eek:

Today was my non-weight day so I did Cathe's Rockout Knockout. You know me, always love those kickboxing workouts. :)

Make it a great day!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.