Damage Control October!

Hi Ladies,

My job is stressing me out. I worked until 9pm Wednesday and 8:30pm last night. Meetings all day is not leaving my time to get my work done. Wednesday was Imax 3. I just love this w/o. Yesterday I did BR RTC Day 1 with my 10lb Cathe vest. The vest definitely takes it up a notch. The BR weight vests I ordered won't arrive until next week and I wanted to finish up my transformation challenge with using BR & STS. I think their vests are more minimalist and won't move around as much. Today is also packed so I'm either doing BR Day 2 or STS since I won't have time for both.

Beth-I'll check the grocery list for the cleanse and make sure I have all the pantry items. Is your DH doing the cleanse with you? My DH will leat some of the foods, but doesn't actually do the cleanse. Yay for 30 minutes on the elliptical!!! The Low Impact series may be a good option for you.

Hi to LL and Tina

Hi all,

I ended up taking a walk on Thursday because it was so nice here with the leaves changing and it was warm. Well I woke up Friday in a lot of right leg/hip pain. I think have arthritis or something there. So obviously, no walking for exercise for the time being. Friday I worked until 4 and just took the day off. I did get 10,000 steps in-so that's good! Monday I'm going to call the sports medicine guys in Williamsport (where I had both shoulders treated) to get an appt. and see what they have to say.

Diana, yay for the Elliptical is right! Today I'm starting STS disc 1-CSB. I'm looking forward to it. Too bad you are putting in all those hours at work. I hope you get some time off to compensate! DH is not doing the cleanse-but he'll just eat what I do for dinner. Breakfast and lunch are usually on our own. When do you want to start Nov. 1st? That'll give us 21 days before Thanksgiving. Or we could start this Monday? Let me know when you want to-I'm flexible! (Well...everywhere but my right hip is anyway!)

LL, how is your detox going?

Tina, get your biking in now-just read it's going to be a snowy winter here in the northeast.

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Friday I did BR RTC Day 2 with the vest and yesterday was STS Disc 14-Legs and HIIT DWP. I hurt my knee on Friday and am hoping it gets better in a few days. It happened when I kicked my leg doing prisoner squat kicks. I was actually planning on running today, just 2-3 miles. That option is out for right now. There is a local turkey trot and I want to run the 10k, the 5k is also an option.

Today will be some kind of cardio and STS Disc 14-Back & Biceps. As much as I love all the high impact, I'm starting to have knee pain if I do too much of it in the same week. I also think too much stepping causes the same knee pain. It doesn't hurt during the activity, but several hours later and it lasts for a few days. I was taking cosamin and didn't really know if it was helping or not. Well I haven't taken it for a couple months and am having more pain. DH and I are going to Costco next weekend and I will pick some up.

Beth-I hope your Sports Med Dr. can give you some answers and some relief. How did Disc 1 go? How did you fare with all the push-ups? I will plan on starting the cleanse some during the first week of November. I usually prepare most meals for the week on Sunday. I don't want to start until after my final weigh in on 10/31 or 11/1.

Waving hi to LL and Tina.

Hi all,

STS Disc 1 went ok. I did about half the push ups on toes and half on knees. What treasure I did find is the Extended Stretch. I never used to do it-just stretched during the workout and a little at the end. I think I found my answer to a daily 15 minute yoga practice! It starts in Mountain and does all different yoga poses. I paused during pigeon and happy baby to really stretch my hamstrings and hip flexor. My leg felt 80% better afterwards! I think I'm going to use this stretch routine daily for a while and see how my leg does. I was reading that too tight hamstrings and hip flexors can eventually cause back pain-so maybe that's what's been going on. We'll see. I can still walk at work and that's the main thing.

Today I did LIS Cardio Supersets with step. Yea! Then I did the stretch from that disc plus added on the Extended Stretch from STS. I don't want to go too crazy with doing any impact yet. But at least I got a good workout in today.

Diana, first week of Nov. sounds good. I got ingredients for some smoothies. Good you're listening to your body and not pushing it for your knee. You are getting a lot of good workouts in regardless.

In other news Penn State beat #2 Ohio State!!!

Beth

Hi all!

Workouts are good, except for today and the cleanse is ok, I think my sugar cravings are going away, but not totally sure.

Have you guys read any of the articles from today's newsletter? I posted this in the ask cathe forum but would love to get your ur thoughts!

So, I didn't read the whole article thoroughly, I will later (need to get in RWH CUB before dinner!) but it says that HiiT is really only needed for 15 min a day a few times a week. Then why are most of the rotations filled with workouts that are long? Ok wondering if 15 min of HiiT either before or after abs or resistance training 4-5 days a week would cut it? Or HiiT and abs 3 times a week (30 min) and resistance training 3 times a week (30-45 min) should be sufficient for fat loss? Just wondering if I'm pushing myself too hard or feeling guilty unnecessarily if I don't get 5-6 days of 30-60 min workout mix of cardio HiiT and weight training in a week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ladies,

My knee is definitely messed up. UGH. I did RWH Low Impact HIIT one and abs this morning and STS Disc 13-CST tonight. I may try the elliptical tomorrow and see if that bothers my knee or not. I've scheduled a massage for Wednesday night to see if they can adjust my hips/shoulder/stretch the IT band etc. I'm hoping that will help eliminate all the knee issues I have. At the very least it should help.

Beth-Nice job with disc 1. I also enjoy the extended stretch but rarely have time to do it. I have been known to throw that in on occasion when I can't sleep and that helps. I still haven't pulled out the menu or grocery list yet.

LL- I think you should give the BR workouts a try. They have many free and short w/o's to choose from on Youtube. I started seeing definition in my arms and flat abs while doing these w/o's. The Real Time Challenge is my favorite, but they have many w/o's to choose from. HIIT workouts are great for fat loss because they increase your metabolism for hours after doing the workout. HIIT is also tough on your body so you shouldn't do it everyday. Hopefully you will get some answers on the ask Cathe forum.

Tina Tina...what are you up to??

bbl

Hi ladies,

Not much to report here. Tues was the pool and Wed. was pain in thigh again. Wed. scheduled rest day. I went out to dinner with some friends from high school. It was really fun. At least last night the pain in my leg didn't wake me up. I can't believe how long this leg has hurt. Anyway. I plan on disc 4 today-week 2 of meso 1-CSB. Work has been challenging.

Beth

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. I was literally tied to my chair for almost 8 hours. It was bad. My BR 6# and 10# weight vests arrived yesterday! Today I did BR RTC Day 3 with the 10# vest in the morning and STS disc 15-B&B at lunch. I also walked tonight to get in my 10K steps. Let me just say all the push-ups, dive bombers and abs were extra challenging with the weight vest. Time to push myself to the next level.

I had a massage last night and the gal worked on my shoulder/neck area as well as my IT band. My knee hurt a lot more after that. I'm just playing it by ear and avoiding exercises that make it hurt more.

Beth-I finally printed out the grocery list for week 1. After I schedule my final weigh in, I'll let you know for certain what day I'm starting. It will probably be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Feel free to start on the best day for you. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with the leg pain. Have you scheduled your appt with the Sports Dr.?

Waving Hello to LL and Tina!

Hi Ladies,

Today I did BR RTC Day 4 with a 10# vest and STS Disc 16-CST. I haven't had bread in a very long time, but today I had 2 pieces of toast with butter. They were delicious!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!

bbl

Just me I guess. Saturday was a rest day and today I did BR Day 5 with the 10# vest and STS Disc 17 legs.

Beth-I shopped for the cleanse today. I will be starting on Wednesday and finishing just in time for Thanksgiving! What about you? Are you ready?

Hi to LL & Tina

bbl

Hi all,

Today I start week 3 of CSB. I upped the weights a bit on the last BT and am still feeling it. My current program works with my work schedule: so in two weeks I do: 6 upper body, 5 cardio, and 3 rest days. My cardio leaves so much to be desired. I feel like I get a good workout in the pool and do that twice. My hamstrings/piriformis/quad are so tight. DH thinks it might be something in my back even though my back doesn't hurt anymore. I'm off a week at Thanksgiving so will see the sports med. doctor then. I'm still getting twitches in the muscles along my thigh and in my groin. I have no idea what is going on. Until then I'm doing this plan and continuing to stretch daily with the Ext. stretch. Stretching seems to make my leg feel better for a little while anyway.

Diana, I'm starting today, Monday! So I made a fruit smoothie for breakfast with blueberries, spinach, almond milk, and chia seeds. It's not very sweet, but drinkable. I am using whole ingredients at each meal, but will just use what I have. Like, I didn't get coconut water for the smoothie. I also am having my coffee with collagen. I made up some trail mix for snacks. Lunch will be a salad with all whole ingredients and we're having the sweet potatoes tonight for dinner. I'm glad they have snacks included. I made a chia pudding from a recipe I like (almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla extract). I will be drinking a lot of the detox tea. All this clean eating will be a good challenge!

Off to get some laundry out....

Happy Halloween!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.