Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Laura, I hope things get better. That does have to be frustrating not knowing where your husband's mother is right now. They should let you know without being called. I think I would have purchased the Flex Train for only 1 dollar too.

Good morning,

Workout for today was: High Step Circuit + Stability ball abs (it's on the same dvd as a bonus). Instead of a high step I used my Bosu :) Talk about burning in my legs :p I also did LB pilates, that was a fryer. I had a cramp in my butt :) I also did Pilates UB, really like that one

Diane Sue & Laura - sending you lots of good vibes!

Question for those that add their workouts into the WM? If you do a none Cathe workout (lets say Amy Bento) do you list it under DVD or as Cathe similar workout? I always list a Cathe dvd under DVD, all other instructor I list under Cardio. How do you list your workouts in the WM?

I will be back tomorrow. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone

Last edited:
Started to workout today but stopped. I'm not sure why but my ankle is really throbbing today. I didn't workout yesterday and it is my left ankle that I hurt so I didn't even use it driving, I thought I better be safe and let it rest today. Maybe it is because I'm so exhausted.

Great workout Belinda. I just use a journal for my workouts. Considering I programmed computers for a living, you think I would use them for logging, but I've always liked being able to write in journals.

Have a good day everyone.

Diane Sue, I hope your nephew is stable and you get some answers soon. Healing thoughts to you and yours.

Laura - rest your ankle a few day's. Hope you feel better soon. I bought a calendar a few month ago, keep forgetting to write anything down :( I try to log my workouts as soon as I am done.

Belinda, I use the workout manager and it depends on what type of workout I do. If it is step I we I'll list under cardio and step and fill in the name of the workout. If it is something different like circuit training I put it under dvd other and put the name of the workout in. Just core/ abs I use core, just yoga stretch I use yoga. Anything not Cathe I manage to find a place fore. Tread Climber I use cardio equipment crosstrainer. I keep an agenda book with everything b in it and also log my fitness pal.

Laura, good idea to rest the foot. Maybe it is just reacting to recent workouts? I was surprised how my forefoot hurt when I started some barre amped stuff on my toes. Barre work and calf work does that to me till I get back used to it.

Full schedule today so just getting around to posting.

I did Paul Katami build and burn this morning.

I use a separate calendar app on my phone ( not synced to anything) to record my workouts. I quit the workout manager when I started doing non Cathe stuff.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I feel pretty good today again. I slept better too which is a plus. I did Urban Rebounding Core Bound this morning, 38 minutes, 76 calories. This is really a lot of movement through stretching and things like dips off the rebounder into hip lifts, v sits etc.. I have always liked this just because it had more movement to it, a good stretch, and it is different. There is no jumping on this one. Last night I did Piyo Lower body define, which is really just yoga in my opinion. But it was stretching and limited my upper body work other than putting in some triceps pushups which I hate. I looked at Ice Sweat and thought about doing it, but I do not want to swing dumbbells around with my arms. I am afraid of setting off neck pain and shoulder pain. If I did it it would have been just the floor workout. I just want to do light work to keep the lymphatic system as healthy as it can be at the moment and stiffness from lying and sitting around alleviated some.

Doreen, I always hear good things about Paul Katami workouts but have never tried one.

Got a good nights sleep and feel better today. Ankle feels better, although still not healed. I did PRS #2 modified. Feels good to feel normal on the step again. No nervousness at all. Didn't want to overdo it, as that ankle was really bad yesterday.

Doreen, I have most of Paul's workouts and do enjoy them. I like Double Down with Paul and Amy Dixon too.

Diane Sue, I'm glad you are feeling better. I agree with PiYo. And I agree I hate tricep pushups anytime.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning,

Interval Max and 30 min full body pilates is done.

Diane Sue - glad you are feeling better.I don't like PiYo and triceps pushups :)

Laura - glad your ankle is feeling better again. WTG, on PRS#2.

Doreen - I like Paul's workouts. He is a great instructor.

I am done for today. I will see you all in the morning.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend!

This morning I started with chisel cardio. After the first round decided I didn't want to go through it again and put in Amy bento's kickbox to try combo 4. My brain still said NOPE! So I popped in Ultimatum Blue and did 20 minutes of that (metabolic weights) to finish off my morning.

I am back from the ct scan and thyroid ultrasound. I have to wait to hear the results. Hopefully today. I am getting copies of everything. Today I picked up a copy of the first ct scan results and a cd of it. Reading it with all of the medical terminology I caught part of it. The degeneration in the neck was not hard to understand. My granddaughter took me to lunch at a place called La Baguette today. I have only been there once. They have such good food. I got a large salad the had fresh green beans and asparagus on top with some slice potato, red onion, boiled egg, greens, and a lemon slice. It was perfect. Then my granddaughter insisted on dessert so I splurged and had the Italian cream cake. They have a whole bakery deli area in the front as well for take home stuff.

Doreen, it sounds like you had one of those days like I have where I keep changing workouts till I feel one is right.

Belinda, I have mixed feelings on Piyo. Some of it is okay. I like the extra dvds that use the gliding discs and the core on that set better than the core on the first. My one problem with the core is that it has me on my hands way too long. I end up with soreness in my wrist joints.

Laura, I am glad that you are doing better today and have no nervousness with the step now. Piyo is not my favorite set of workouts. It has come in handy for some no equipment lighter work but I have other stuff that I like better. I have used the strength intervals quite a bit as an add on. It seems to get the heart rate up a bit and is short.

Yesterday I picked up 2 Dvds from the library, drop set strength and hip hop walk both Amy Bento. This morning I did Drop set strenght.
I think this would be a good set up to add a body part onto a workout. Frankly I got bored doing all the sections but she has some really good work in it. Almost as a rule I was lifting 10# heavier than she was on each exercise.

I previewed a bit of hip hop. Walking workouts are again a style of workout I've never tried.

Today I did Body Max 2. Ankle is feeling much better. I did part of the workout low impact and I sprinkled in some jumps here and there to test it out. I'm still keeping it taped up during the workout. Whenever I was jumping and crossing the step, I found that I was always looking down to check my foot placement. Probably a good thing.

Doreen, I've not done either of those Amy Bento workouts. I've never been big on the walking workouts. I've had to use them after surgeries, but other than that, they are just not for me. There are probably better ones out there than the ones that I used. Hopefully you will enjoy, but if not, that is the beauty of the library.

Diane Sue, that salad sounds delicious. I'll have to remember that the next time I have the ingredients in house. Did you get anymore of the test results? Sorry to hear about the degeneration in the neck. I too have mixed feelings about PiYo. I like some, don't like others.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll still be working out tomorrow, joints allowing.

This morning I did Ice Sweat timesaver workout 2 step only without using the weights, 28 minutes, 185 calories. I am feeling pretty good. I want to do some stretching later. My grandson Isaac came over to wax my husband's car and visit for awhile so I did not do more. The doctor called me last night from home and gave me the results when she got them. She also texted me copies. She had to make sure that that was okay to do first. She is so nice. I was expecting to wait till next week. There was some positive in this. The tests showed more lymph nodes but no masses in the breasts and lungs which is great. There is a nodule on the thyroid that she wants me to get checked out again in 3 months. She is going to push to get that fluid biopsy from the nodes done.

Doreen, I like Drop Set Strength but I usually do one of the 3 premixes or Sometimes I just use a few of the body parts as an addition to another weight workout. Hip Hop Walk is the only walking workout I have done. I got lots of steps in when I did it recently and burned a decent amount of calories. I am not sure that I found it fun ? She does some of these workouts by herself. I think it might grow on me. Her Body Box which came out at the same time is good. I like it a lot. You pick up dumbbells through portions of it as some intervals. Have you tried Kettlebell Dynamics? I find it a bit more doable than her later kettlebell workouts. She does have an absolute beginners kettlebell workout as well. I probably have most of her workouts. I think the oldest was Ateam Bootcamp or something like that. She also has several 10 minute solution workouts.

Laura, great work doing Body Max 2. That is an accomplishment. Yes sometimes it pays to look down at the step when crossing it. It is easy to get too confident.

Diane Sue- I have looked at her kb workouts but the reviews are so mixed with them I haven't requested any. I'll see if dynamics is availabe via interlibrary. I've looked at body box too. It's on my list.

The strangest thing happened tonight. My hubby has been having pain in his arm near the inner bicep with some clear discharge and an open wound that wouldn't heal. The dr told him it was a type of skin acne. Tonight he said he felt something sharp in it and wanted me to see if there was a splinter or something. I pulled a 1 inch piece

of glass out. Best we can figure it was from a broken picture frame accident from about 10 years ago and it finally worked itself to the surface! How bizarre is that? And it never got infected all those years!

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. DH and I went floor shopping for my basement yesterday.

Yesterday I did Lower Body Blast = 59 min and SoulSweat Alchemy Summer w/Lucy.

I will try to catch up on personals later. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Today I did Rockout Knockout Timesaver #3 and added in the heavy bag, then I switched to KPC kicking and punching premix. That was a good kickboxing mix.

Doreen, the human body is amazing isn't it. I hope your hubby will heal up now.

Belinda, did you pick out any flooring?

Diane Sue, I hope you are continuing to feel better each day.

Have a great weekend.

Today I did Urban Rebounding Dance bound on my rebounder. These older workouts are much lighter than the extreme workouts. I only like a few of the workouts on the dvds, but it worth it I got a couple when I got URX Extreme for free and I purchased one from Amazon. This was 34 minutes (I had to stop and check a couple of texts actually 31 minutes) 199 calories burned. We stopped at 7 eleven to get gas this morning after church and both got a hug from our granddaughter who works there. It is nice having such loving grandchildren in our lives :D

Doreen, that is bizarre on that big of a piece of glass. I had a place in the palm of my hand that actually had a scar since I was a child. When I was in my 30's a piece of glass worked it's way out. It would hurt once in awhile and then quit till it decided to come out. My husband more recently went to my doctor for some skin cancer. He had her look at his foot that was hurting. She pulled out a piece of tin from when we had put in our tin ceiling a few months ago. At least he didn't walk on it for years. That is odd the doctor called it skin acne. I would not think that would make an open sore on the arm. I cannot believe that Amy uses as heavy a pair of kettlebells in KB squared and the other that she uses two. I could not begin to get that heavy. I had even made sure I had two 25's and 31's to do what she did but never got that heavy for all of it. Better safe than injured so I went lighter.

Belinda, shopping for remodeling items can be fun. I hope you found something nice for your flooring. I always wanted something like a good gym floor with some give, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Laura, that was a nice kickboxing mix. Both are good workouts. I am feeling better and getting in a bit more activity. Still trying to get my energy levels back up. I woke up way too early this morning because I though I heard my dog whining and got up to check if she needed out since I knew she was having a bit of gastro intestinal trouble yesterday. This happens every few weeks for some reason. It was not her though and I am guessing I was hearing some other animal. She seems fine today so far. But, I think a nap will be in order since I stayed up till almost midnight last night.

Good afternoon,

I had a really busy weekend. DH and I are done with the ceilings and all the walls in the basement. I used over 6 gallon of paint on the walls alone :( Technically my basement is like 6 rooms. I just made it into one huge workout room. We still have to do the floor trim and doors. Change out door handles ( I am changing everything!!). I also decided I wanted french doors w/build in blinds. Before we do the floors I want change the patio door in my workout room plus get a new blind for the window in the basement:p I also want to get new lighting in the basement. We still have a lot to do. I LOVE the color in my basement :)

I finished my workouts this morning, just getting around to post :) I did an hour mat pilates + Lower Body Blast Workout DVD - Premixes:
1.Timesaver - No Floorwork - 49.31 min + 30 min walk.

Diane Sue - we picked up floor samples from a floor store in town. DH and I both like it a lot :) It's more expensive than Home Depot, but the quality is so much better.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.