Hardcore check in for October 2016

Today I did STS # 19 Triceps ( added additional drop set reps) and Pyramid Upper Body Biceps only. ( This is the second bicep workout this week.) I love this workout, it is short but it is very effective.

Lying Triceps Ext. (I changed the double wave load to a progressive set with 20 second rests between sets)
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
15# x 8
12# x 12
10# x 15

Cross Body Lying Ext.
15# x 12
15# x 10
15# x 8 - Drop Sets
12# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8

2 Arm Kickbacks
12# x 12
12# x 10
12# x 8 - Drop Sets
10# x 8
8# x 8
5# x 12 TF

Biceps Hammer Curls Super Set to Bicep Curls ( 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps)

Hammer Curl - 10# , 12# , 15#, 12# , 10#

Bicep Curls - 10# x 12# , 15#, 12#, x 10#

This was a great workout and I am feeling it! I should have done some cardio but I am a little tired and didn't feel like it. I did take the dog for a 1 mile walk.

Roselyn, I have never tried T25. It looks too hard for me. Good job getting it done today!

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better today.

Debbie, Have a great workout.

Happy Saturday!

This morning I did Ice Sweat timesaver workout 2 step only without using the weights, 28 minutes, 185 calories. I am feeling pretty good. I want to do some stretching later. The doctor called me last night from home and gave me the results when she got them. She also texted me copies. She had to make sure that that was okay to do first. She is so nice. I was expecting to wait till next week. There was some positive in this. The tests showed more lymph nodes but no masses in the breasts and lungs which is great. There is a nodule on the thyroid that she wants me to get checked out again in 3 months. She is going to push to get that fluid biopsy from the nodes done.

Roselyn, good job getting a T25 workout in.

Jolie, I am glad that you had a great workout even when you were not feeling it at first. I think taking the dog for a walk is plenty for some cardio. Walking is good for you. I like the T25 Gamma workouts. They are more strength based other than Speed 3.0. My favorite is Rip'd Up , upper body from that set. I was always a bit afraid of the others after Insanity but I don't think they are as intense as those. I got rid of all of my Insanity workouts except the deluxe set.

Today I did Urban Rebounding Dance bound on my rebounder. These older workouts are much lighter than the extreme workouts. I only like a few of the workouts on the dvds, but it worth it I got a couple when I got URX Extreme for free and I purchased one from Amazon. This was 34 minutes (I had to stop and check a couple of texts actually 31 minutes) 199 calories burned.

Today I worked Chest and Back and had a really good workout. My chest really felt this one!!! Week 2.

Chest
Pushups:
15/15/12 reps
Barbell Press: 80# - 3 sets/5 reps
Incline Barbell Press: 75# - 10/10/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 20's - 2 sets/15 reps

Back
Bent Over Raise:
12's - 3 sets/15 reps
Barbell Row: 60# - 3 sets/8 reps
Pullover: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps

This workout was 38 minutes and I burned 97 calories.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill.

In a hurry this morning, hope you all had a great weekend and I hope you have great workouts today!!!

Today I did Chest. I also added Leg Extensions at the end as well as ABS. I am going to add one leg exercise at the end of each workout so I can get legs in each week. I avoid doing legs because there is such a dread factor for me. Lately, I have only been doing the treadmill but my legs are looking really bad.

Chest Press DB- Pyramid style 30 second rest between sets.
20# x 15
25# x 12
30# x 8
25# x 12
20# x 15

Chest Flies- Drop Set
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
20# x 8

Incline Chest Press DB- Pyramid Style 30 second rest between Sets
20# x 15
25 # x 12
30# x 8
25# x 12
20# x 15

Incline Chest Flies- Drop Set
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
20# x 8

Leg Extensions- each set to failure.
40# x 20
50# x 15
50# x 15
50# x 13
50# x 12

Single Leg, Leg Extensions
20# x 15
20# x 13
These are tough because you don't realize how one leg is so dominate over the other until you do each leg by itself.

ABS- Icy Core # 1

Debbie, great workout today.

Diane Sue, Nice job getting a workout in on your rebounder. I hope you are feeling better.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today.

It has been raining for the last 24 hours! That is unheard of here in CA this time of the year. We need it so badly... I love rain, its so relaxing.

Have a great day.

So yesterday I did chest and tris, Saturday was a Hiit, and today I worked shoulders and abs. The weekend flew by my son came home friday night for a quick visit home from school, too short but always awesome to have him home.

Great workouts everyone

Today I wanted to do some lower body work but not too heavy or high impact. I did Kelly 30 Minutes to Fitness Body Shop lower body premix, 20 minutes, 99 calories. I also did Ice Chiseled Lower Body premix with no jacks, 40 minutes, 229 calories. Workout was 60 minutes, 328 calories. I got some house cleaning done and went to the grocery store for vegetables and fruit. I have a plan for Wednesday evening dinner with my daughter and her family for a Paleo chicken in a sundried tomato cream sauce that will have some of the fresh basil they gave me sliced on top. I am scheduled for a lymph node biopsy on Thursday morning early. At least I don't have to not eat or have my coffee this time. I am mostly thinking about the coffee.

Debbie, nice work on chest and back today. I almost want to cringe at pullovers right now with the neck issues.

Jolie, that is a good way to get in lower body. I used to really dread it but I don't so much anymore.

Roselyn, I am sure you hated to see your son leave. I am sure that the weekend was very enjoyable.

Today was cardio but my body is so tight again, I didn't think it would be smart to run. Last night I placed one of those bean bag things Nora made for me under my left hamstring. The heat felt so good, my left hamstring is so tight and it actually hurts to walk. I'm better today and I will use that bag tonight as well. I've been stretching so I don't know why I'm having such issues with the left side of my body. The entire left side is just tight like a piano string.

So today I walked on the treadmill for 1.5 miles and then I did Yoga Stretch by Karen Voight. I feel better but it was very painful doing this stretch workout. I really had a hard time doing some of the stretches. Even my quads are tight and it hurt to stretch them.

Diane Sue - So what do they think is your neck problem? I'm glad all your tests came back good, that is a relief. But what is causing you all the pain??? Hope all goes well with your thyroid tests.

Roselyn - Glad you were able to spend time with your son!!! Nice workouts too!!

Jolie - I really like how you're doing your workouts, I should copy them. They look better than what I'm doing. Kicking ass and taking names!!!

Debbie, my tread climber with the tension high makes my hip flexors and the back of my knees and hamstrings very tight and painful. I lightened the tension for my husband. I need to try it again but it hurt so much for awhile after the last time I used it I probably should have walked slower because I try to do all out intervals on it. The combination of incline, walking and step tension is much harder than one would think. Mine goes to max 4.5 mph and that is tough.
They are not sure what it is. The fact that there was no masses in the tests is good. I feel good now. At first I was running a low grade fever and my neck throbbed. My joints hurt all over. That went away. I still have all of those swollen lymph nodes. The ones along the clavicle make it a concern. Some are pretty large which is why they are doing the biopsy.

Debbie, When I was cramping and tight my boys told me that I was low in Minerals and Electrolytes. Their football trainer is one of the top Nike Trainers in the US and told them that this is 99% of the problem with athletes and people that workout. I bought "Multiple Minerals" at Sprouts and it has done the trick for me. It is a liquid with no taste so you can put it in our drink and that makes it so easy. I also went to Vitamin Shoppe and got some electr0lytes that runner use and I love them "NUUN" it think that's their name. You should try this, it just might work for you!

Today I did a Biceps and Legs workout with not as much intensity because I woke up with a sore rt. shoulder. I slept on it in a weird way and I am sore. It is better now that I worked out but I didn't want to push it. I burned 259 Calories. My calorie burn goes up when I add the leg exercise which makes me happy. My biceps feel weak lately. I can do the same weight on all the exercise except for BB curls. I have gone down 5 pounds on this exercise and I don't know why?

BB Bicep Curls-
35# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 15 TF

Seated Alt. Bicep Curls-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Preacher Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Hammer Curls-
15# x 15, x 15, x 12

Deadlifts-
50# x 15, x 12, x 12, x 10

DB squats-
15# x 20, x 17, x 15

Leg Ext -
40# x 20, x 15, x 15

Debbie, good job on stretching. I hate taking the time to do it but it sure feels good once you have finished!

Diane Sue, Good luck on your biopsy. I pray that everything turns out well for you. Nice workout! That chicken dish you are making for your family sounds delicious.

Roselyn, great workout yesterday!

Have a great day!

Today's workout was Step Moves, 45 minutes 312 calorie. average heart rate was 144. That is all I am doing today. Maybe I will get the laundry and housework finished today.

Did a glute workout this morning, walked a mile on the treadmill and did some ab work after lunch

Debbie, magnesium is good for muscles I take 400 mg at night.

Today was Biceps and Shoulders. Had a really good workout, muscles were burning!!!

Biceps
EZ Bar Curl:
40# - 10/10/9 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps
Alternate Hammer Curls: 15's - 3 sets/15 reps

Shoulders
Upright Rows:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Seated Alternate Front Raise: 10's - 3 sets/10 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Press: 15's - 10/10/9 reps
Lateral Raise: 8's - 2 sets/15 reps

This workout was 40 minutes and I burned 84 calories - WTH? I had only 45 seconds rest and this was a hard workout. Not sure how I only burned 84 calories.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill.

Jolie - I put Glutamine in my protein shake every morning, I thought that was for muscle recovery? If it is, it isn't working. I may order some NUUN and see how that works.

Roselyn - I will check that out too, anything to make my muscles stop hurting. Nice workout!!

Diane Sue - I'm glad you are feeling better but I hope they can figure out whats up with the lymph nodes. That isn't good. Let us know how all that goes.

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Split Sessions Lower Body and bonus floor work, 45 minutes, 207 calories. It must e very long sice I have done this one because I really do not remember it. It as lots of work with the loop band as well as weights and hits he hamstrings and glutes pretty well. I then did Great Glutes disc, ball, and bonus chair with the stretch, 30 minutes, 120 calories. Total time75 minutes, 327 calories.
It was odd that my Fit Bit said 50 calories and the app said 120 for Great Glutes. I suck with the 120 which is less than my calories burned app gave me. I keep an eye on the app calories burned when I finish a workout so that if it sinks with my fitness pal and puts that in the Fit Bit app as well I can be sure I am not getting double calories. It does double my activity though but, otherwise does not seem to be doubling the calories. Does anyone else notice that there are often differences in what the app says and the watch says? Heart rate avg is sometimes different by 1 or 2.

Debbie, I used MRM BCAA + glutamine for a few months and did not notice much difference other than maybe a bit more stamina.

Today I did a 5.4 mile walk outside and it was awesome! Cooler weather finally... I walked 1 hour and 25 minutes and I burned 698 calories!!! I walked a lot of hills which really gets my heart rate up. Max Heart Rate was 179 just walking! I use a pre workout drink and I think that elevates my heart rate. I notice if I don't take it I do not get as good of a calorie burn. I take it because it gets me going and it does help with endurance and stamina. I do not drink coffee so I need something in the morning to get me awake!;)

Roselyn, Magnesium is awesome too, especially for cramping. I take it everyday.

Debbie, great workout today! Wow, your bicep curls are good!!!!! If I go over 40 pounds I feel like a pull a muscle in my upper back and that's sucks. Do you count your barbell weight when you post your weights? I do not, I just post weights.

Diane Sue, I haven't heard of that Kelly Coffey workout. Did you like it? I love to pull out older workouts, some of them are very hard compared to the workouts today. I hope you are feeling better and get to the bottom of this health issue soon. My watch and fitbit seem to be the same, I will keep an eye on it to make sure.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Today I did Cardio Coach 1. Hamstring is feeling better but it got tight again as I was running. The heat of the bean bag I have helped a lot. It totally has helped relax the muscle and it feels like it's healing. I'm going to keep using it here and there to help with the tightness. It feels wonderful when it's on my hamstring.

Workout was 36 minutes, I ran 2.31 miles, burned 232 calories (TM said 329) and went 4828 steps. Also did the ab work from Cardio & Weights and did the stretch from C&W although that one really isn't one of Cathe's better stretch routine. Had a great workout!!!

Diane Sue - Yea, the Glutamine doesn't seem like it does much. I used to take BCAA's as well but haven't for a long time. I need to get what Roselyn and Jolie said, I plan on trying both to see how I does with my muscle issues.

Roselyn - Nice workout!! How are your mom and dad doing? Did they get a new puppy?

Jolie - I'm actually surprised I can go this high with my bicep curls. I'm at 50# when doing 5 rep workouts. I have to be careful because my left elbow starts to hurt sometimes if I get too carried away. So far so good. Nice walking yesterday, and great calorie burn with it!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

Today's workout was Triceps and Abs. My legs are so sore from doing leg exercises and walking hills I had to give them a day off. Actually, all my muscles are sore, but in a good way. My new workouts have really pushed my muscles to work hard, probably a plateau buster. I got on the scale today and almost fell off! I have not lost any weight and I have worked out so hard the past 6 months. I must address my diet. It is so hard when you live with three men and they are meat and potato guys. A lot of the time I will skip a meal because I don't want to make another one for myself. I have been eating more apples, good for digestion and a quick and easy snack.

Lying Triceps extensions
10# x 15
12# x 12
15# x 8
15# x 8
12# x 12
10# x 15

Cross Body Ext.
12# x 17
12# x 15
12# x 15 TF

1 Arm Kick Backs
10# x 13
10# x 12
10# x 13 TF

Ripped With Hiit ABS #1 and extra medicine ball abs.

Debbie, great workout. I am glad your hamstring is getting better. Mine are sore today as well, those darn deadlifts. I am tired today from that walk yesterday, it was tough and good for my legs! If my elbow hurts from doing bicep curls I switch to DB's and that helps. I know you use the E Z Bar and that is much better than the straight one that I use.

Diane Sue, Did you have your biopsy yet? Keep us posted.

Roselyn, I check back and see what you did for your workout. I am sure it is a good one!

I may not workout tomorrow because I have a Varsity Football Game tonight and I will be getting home late and up early to get the kids to school.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.