Strength in Numbers

Cheryl I think I got burned out on Hiit DWP because I was doing it a lot when I traveled. I'm not a big fan of those 1/4 turn jumps either, and it has a lot of them! Great job on disc 20 legs and your costco shopping. Our rain is continuing all day today, but it is supposed to finally dry up tomorrow. I hope it is dry for the weekend, we are going to Kiawah island for a golf weekend.

This morning was Imax2, always a goodie once I get through those 128 Jeannie hops! :D I can't believe it is the first day of fall already. As usual, summer just flew by. Should we start the count down to spring now?! ;) Have a great day!

Pam

Hi guys. I hurt my back big time a couple of weeks ago. It started out a pinch every now and then, and had to be careful how I moved, then it got worse. It's just now feeling better. Wow, what an awful experience! I'm giving another week or so before I start the Fat Loss Rotation. I need to make sure my back is AOK so it doesn't happen again. I think it happened when I went for water at the other house. I lifted 4 huge blue containers full of water that was about 60 pounds or more each. Then put two in the back seat (which I'm sure I hurt it then, couldn't use my legs) and two in the front seat. It was very difficult. I kept thinking I might have ruined my back forever and made an appt. to see my doctor, but then it just now is getting better. I guess these things take awhile to heal.

During this time I realized how special exercising and eating healthy really is and having that opportunity at my fingertips. I had all this time in my life that I could be doing something wonderful to my body and didn't. Then during my back episode I realized what a waste of time not taking care of myself! Don't know why I'm one of the lucky ones to be here on earth, but I am. I ask then, why aren't you taking advantage of this and make your body the best it can be? A rude awakening for sure. So many benefits at my fingertips.

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 20 legs and shopping.

Pam, Great job on Imax2 and the Jeannie hops. LOL! I think a count down to Spring is good. I see a message on Face Book to Julie. What's going on?

My latest art work in watercolor, pencil and ink:
It's officially done. I'm not doing anymore to it.

Take care everyone, With certainty I've learned how truly important it is to exercise, eat healthy and stay fit for life. Greateful my hurt back wasn't more serious.

Janie

Last edited:
Pam I hope your rain stops for the weekend so you can enjoy the golf. Good job on Imax 2 and the 128 Jeannie hops. It is only 178 days until spring :p.

Janie Sorry about your back. I hurt mine quite a few years ago and it does take time for it to heal. I think that is why I now have problems doing deadlifts, I had no problem doing them before and now sometimes I can and sometimes I can't it just depends on how my back is doing. Don't beat yourself up too much about it we all do things that we shouldn't or don't do things that we should. I have learned to just take a deep breath and begin again. I love your painting it is really cool.

This morning was ICE Sweat #1 (I can't remember the full name of it :rolleyes:). Then we went down to the park to watch my dragon boat coach and her team compete in the 55+ games in dragon boating. They did OK and it will be going on again tomorrow. It is suppose to be raining tomorrow but I will see if I can get down there again to watch for a bit.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

No workout today of course, but I did play my guitar and sang for the adult living. I recorded myself on my phone and it was really bad! Do I really sound that bad? OMW People keep telling me I'm doing OK. I have to trust what they are saying. And hope if is not so good, they will let me know, if they are friends. Then again, my husband tells me the truth all the time and so does my daughter, they say it's OK. Hope so. Ugh...

Cheryl, Thank you for the compliment on my painting. Makes me feel good. Great job on ICE Sweat #1. Enjoy watching your dragon boat coach with team. Bet it was fun watching too.

Take care,

Janie

Janie If Joey and your daughter tell you that you sound OK I am sure you do. We are often more critical of ourselves. The workouts will be there waiting for you when you are ready.

This morning was STS disc 21 Back and Biceps then I got all the housework done. It was a rainy Friday here.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Shopping for things like headbands waist trimmer...to start my exercises soon. I can't wait. I'll know when I'm ready, just getting ready for the long haul.

Cheryl, Thank you Cheryl for your comments on singing. It meant a lot to me. Great job on STS disc 21 back and biceps and housework done. Good for you!

Take care,

Janie

Janie You will know when you are ready to start exercising again. I miss it too if I haven't done it in a while.

So Saturday I did Athletic Step, there was no dragon boating it is getting hard to get people out when the weather isn't so nice out. Sunday I did Yoga Relax and then had a very relaxing day.

Cheryl

Janie Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your back, but relieved that it wasn't worse. you definitely need to wait until you are sure your back is ready for it before you start exercising! Really glad that it is starting to feel better though. You are right that we are lucky that we are able to exercise. I know so many people who can't so I do feel like it is a privilege! Julie is on vacation in Hawaii, I'm not sure when they get back, but it looks like they are having a nice time. Your art work is beautiful as always, you have quite the special talent my friend!

Cheryl] The rain did stop for the weekend, it was absolutely gorgeous all weekend! The guys got rained on once at the very end of their first round and that was it. So hmm, I guess it must be 175 days until spring now? ;) Great job on ICY Sweat!

Janie I am sure you are much better than you think you are. We are always our own worst critics! I think your hubby and daughter would tell you if they believed otherwise. Just keep it up and you will only get better and better!

Cheryl Great job on STS disc 21 and getting the housework done!

Janie Headbands waist trimmer? What is that!

Cheryl Great job on AS and YR. Sorry to hear that you didn't get to go dragon boating.

Friday morning I did Gym Style legs and then got packed for the weekend. The guys left at 6 am because they had a noon tee time and my GF and I left around 9:30. Kiawah is absolutely gorgeous, one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen and the resort we stayed at was amazing. We were so lucky with the weather too. It was just beautiful. On Saturday morning my GF and I went for an 11 mile bike ride on the beach, then we hung out at the pool for awhile, had lunch, and went to the spa. I had my first facial ever and it was really nice. That night we hired a van to take us to Charleston for dinner. On Sunday we had a lazy morning, then went for breakfast and walked around awhile before heading home. I would definitely go back there. This morning was Hiit 30/30 and the abs from Cardio and Weights. You can tell it was a good weekend because I gained 2 pounds :eek:so now I will have to crack down to lose it again. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Yesterday I went shopping and brought home clothes a size smaller than I am for incentive. I wear a 10 now, but want to be a size 8. Did laundry when I got home until I went to bed. LOL! Still feel a pinch every now and then. A clue not to exercise yet. I'm so ready, but have to be patient!

Cheryl, Great job on AS and for Yoga Relax. Hmmm, I should try to do that one. Sorry you couldn't go dragon boating. Darn.

Pam, Great job on GSL. I can just picture how beautiful Kiawah in my mines eye. Joe and I should go someplace exotic soon. Congratulations reach 11 miles on the bike ride. Wow! Seems far to me. Doing vacation time like you are is like heaven. Enjoy! Great job on this mornings Hiit 30/30 and abs from Cardio and Weights. Thank you for your concern of my back and your support on my art work. Mean a lot to me. And for your support on my singing. LOL! Headbands are things you put on your head and over your forehead, so when you sweat, the band will sponge it up and won't go into your eyes. I'm planning on sweating a lot when I get back into exercising. I just bought now bought a waist trimmer. I'm sure all it will do is make me sweat more. But, it's suppose to trim your waist down. LOL! I know, as soon as I ingest water, my waist will be the same size as it should be. LOL! It was only $8.00. What the heck, I'll try it out. LOL!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Good job on Gym Style Legs. I am glad that you had a great weekend and the weather was nice. So much fun to go for a long bike ride with your GF. Way to go on HiiT 30/30 and Cardio and Weights abs. I am sure you will lose the 2 pounds very quickly.

Janie I hope your back feels better soon. I know it is annoying when you want to start exercising but you are right you can't start before you are ready.

This morning I did STS disc 22 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. This afternoon I went out for a long walk. It was quiet and relaxing now that the kids are back in school.

Cheryl

Janie I have faith that you will get to your goal size, just remember that slow and steady is the way to go! You definitely need to be patient and don't rush back into exercising. You and Joe do need to go somewhere exotic, you deserve it! Hahaha, I do know what headbands are, I thought headband waist trimmer was one thing and I couldn't figure that out! :D I'm sure that the waist trimmer is a temporary thing, but could come in handy for a quick slim. Kind've like spanx!

Cheryl I was already down a little over a pound this morning, so I was relieved to see that! Great job on disc 22 and your long peaceful walk!

This morning was Gym Style Back, shoulders, and biceps. It was tough! I can never finish the bonus concentration curls in that one. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Pam Good job on Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. That is a tough workout.

This morning I did HiiT DWP and RWH abs #1. This evening I went dragon boating and this was our last Tuesday night practice. It is getting dark too early now but we will still go out on Saturday mornings until the weather gets too bad out.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Hiit DWP and RWH abs 1 and dragon boating. I know it must be said for it to be the last evening practice.

This morning for me was Imax 3. It was especially tough this morning. I had to pause a little after round 5 to get my breath and my face was still beet red after my shower. Whew! Have a great day!

Pam

20 minutes of cardio using step ups. No risers. Here I go! I'm so excited!

Cheryl, Great job on HiiT DWP & RWH abs #1. Yay! Glad to see you dragon boating practices. Nice to see you will do more if weather permitting.

Pam, Great job on Imax 3. Who wouldn't pause a little after round 5? Congratulations going that far. Love beet red faces, my kinda workout.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Way to go on Imax 3. Don't worry about pausing to get your breath that one is the hardest of the Imax workouts.

Janie Good job on your 20 minutes of cardio doing step ups.

This morning was STS disc 23 Legs. Then I got the grocery shopping done and in the afternoon we did some errands.

Cheryl

Janie Great job on your cardio step ups! I'm so excited for you to be able to exercise again. Please don't overdo it!!

Cheryl Great job on STS disc 23 and getting some errands done.

This morning was GS chest and triceps and NE abs. I felt really strong on the pushups but then really weak on the chest work after that, so I guess I blew it all out on the pushups. The planks at the end of NE abs were the hardest planks I have ever done :D. As Cathe says in one of her workouts, my arms were shaking like a chihuahua! :p Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Way to go on GS Chest and Triceps and NE abs. Haha I remember that quote from Cathe but I can't remember what workout it is from though I think it was at the end of some triceps work.

This morning I did Imax 2. I felt really strong and was a puddle of sweat by the end. After that I got all the housework done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Total Body Sculpting today. A 27 min. full body workout. Calorie intake, over 900. A little less than what I want, but will make up for it in the long run. A good day.

Pam, Great job on GS chest ant triceps and NE abs. No you didn't blow it. You did good to make your body keep guessing.

Cheryl, Great job on Imax 2. Love to hear a puddle of sweat. You Know you worked hard when that happens. Wow, plus housework. Good for you!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Cheryl Great job on Imax 2 and feeling strong. There is nothing like an Imax workout to turn you into a puddle of sweat!

Janie Great job on Total Body Sculpting. That is a really low calorie intake! How is your back feeling?

This morning I did PLB. I like that one, but I can never get my barbell changed as fast as Cathe does. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Today I did a 25 min. of Low Impact Step. Beet red face and lots of sweat. He Haw! Calories about 1,000. Still need to up the calories by 115 more. This was a good day.

Pam, I'll make up for the calories. My back is GOOD! Great job on PLB.

Take care Pam,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.