Getting Our Licks In!

I didn't realize it's been a month since I've posted, this summer is just whizzing by and work has been busy so I'm feeling very thin on time. Workouts have been slack most of the month but last week I got in 4 good workouts, I'll do the same this week. Been having summer fun with the kids and we got out for our first camp trip this past weekend only to have a storm come in with the wind strong enough to knock 3 trees over in our camp site. God placed all 5 of us in the only safe spot so we could run out to the road and be OK but 1 tree demolished our tent (if we had been in it I would have probably lost everyone but Lucas) and then 2 more fell where the kids had just been playing by the creek. I have said a lot of thanks to God this weekend. Dave and I are off to a concert tonight so no exercise but tomorrow I will get back on track.

Janie - Yeah for ticking off a bucket list item and I love that your bans is doing so much playing. Glad you got to enjoy quality time with your daughter, she's wise because of you :) Keep up those great workouts.

Michelle - Great job with Toby, he's really doing wonderful! You as always are doing a great job with your workouts.

Kathy & Laura - I hope you're enjoying your summer :)

Cindy

Where did the week go? I'm taking it down a notch this month, doing some less intense workouts. Between the heat, work, and training with Toby, I feel like I just need to give my body a few weeks at a less intense workout speed. So, this week, I reached for Cathe's Basic Step dvd. Did Basic Step, Body Fusion, Upper body sculpt and stability ball, day off, Basic Step, Body Fusion, Lower body sculpt and stability ball. Toby and I had a really great class this morning. We had 17 dogs in class and everyone was doing really well. It's hard for the dogs to stay focused for an hour when there are so many dogs, but I always feel like Toby does better in class when there are lots of dogs. We worked alot on focus and impulse control. This afternoon, I got my errands done. So now I can just chill out for the rest of the day.

Cindy: It has been a while since you have checked in. It is good to have you back. Eeek! Very scary camp experience. So glad you and your whole family came through it unscathed. Four workouts in a week is nothing to sneeze at. Sometimes I think we are all too hard our ourselves. Enjoy the concert with Dave! Who are you going to see?

Waves to Janie, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

Another very hot day here in the mid-Atlantic. Early morning walk with Toby and then a second short walk at 9 am. We'll have to venture back out late afternoon and I'm not looking forward to it. Moved on to Cathy's Low Impact Step dvd this week. Today I did LIS and when I was logging my workout, I noticed there are three premixes which I've never noticed before or done. So, I think I'll be trying out the premixes from the LIS dvd this week. I'm also going to throw in the short stretch routines from Cathe's Total Body Stretching dvd. Staying with my August theme of keeping it low-key on the workouts. Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.

Michelle

Quick workout yesterday: total body sculpting from the Low Impact Step workout. No workout today aside from walking Toby about 3 miles over the course of the day. Just a very busy day--started work at 6:45 am--closed up the computer at 6 pm this evening. Just a little tired. Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in, even if those licks might be short.

Michelle

OMW! I'm so sorry for not posting! It just seemed like yesterday. Uggg. I did weight lifting by pulling out things to sell at a garage sale. And cardio. Really!

Michelle, Great job on TBS (I do love this one). And for walking dear Toby about 3 miles. Long hrs at work for sure.

Cindy, Always good to hear from you. Great job for getting in workouts when you can. That's what Summer is all about, enjoying each other and the weather. OMG! I can't stand the wind. Glad you are all OK. Wow! Must have been mind boggling! I do love our get-to-gethers playing our guitar and music. It's very special.

Take care everyone,
Janie

Last edited:
Very muggy this morning so Toby and I shortened our walk. Once the breeze kicked up right before I left for work, it was much better. Got in the lower body blast premix on the Low Impact Step dvd this morning. Moving on to High Step Circuits tomorrow. Can't remember the last time that I did any of the High Step workouts. Still very busy at work.

Janie: Muscle Max is a long workout--even when you do the timesaver. It just works that way. I like that particular timesaver. Have you had your yard sale yet? Hope it goes well.

Waves to Cindy, Kathy, and Laura.
Michelle

Today was Metabolic Total Body. Whew!

Michelle, Great job on yours and Toby's walk. I would shorten too if it was muggy. And for the lower body blast permix. No yard sale yet. I'm waiting for late Sep. I think. I'll know more later. Should make a few bucks. Maybe for an F hole acoustic electric guitar? LOL!

Take care,

Janie

Low impact circuit cardio timesaver today. What a fund step workout. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a pretty good class with Toby this morning except that the dog next to us (pit bull mix) was not having a good day and kept growling at Toby. We moved away from him probably to the unhappiness of the lady with the smooth coated yorkie who also was the recipient of a number of growling episodes. Toby and I enventually ended up on the other side of the room but his concentration wasn't what it should be. I view this as another training opportunity but it is a bit unnerving to have a dog growling at your dog throughout class. I felt bad for the other dog's owner who was really having to stay on his A-game to keep him in line.

Janie: I like the way you think: sell some stuff to get a new guitar. Very nice. Total Metabolic Body is a great workout. Mayber I'll pop that one in the dvd player tomorrow.

Waves to Cindy, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

Low Impact Sweat-Cardio and Icy Core 2.

Michelle, Great job on Low impact circuit cardio time saver. It's nice when you do a workout and enjoy it. Intimidating dogies are to move away from for sure. Yes TMB is a good workout. I'll do it again soon. Let me know how it goes for you.

Take care,

Janie

Another busy week over and a new week about to begin. Been doing ICE workouts. Yesterday was ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2/Blizzard Blast/Icy Core 2; today was ICE Total Metabolic Body. Good training class with Toby yesterday morning. Had dinner at my cousing and his wife's last night. We were celebrating my aunt's (his mother's) birthday. I made a decadent baked macaroni with cheese and brought a dozen cupcakes from the local cupcake bakery. We also had turkey, mushroom bread pudding, and a roasted corn and brocoli medley. I ate so much that I hurt. Went light on food today--lots of Toby walks and my Cathe workout. Feel like I've recovered from last night.

Janie: I've been right with you on the low impact sweat workouts. Hope you had a great weekend.

Waves to Cindy, Kathy, and Laura.
Michelle

This is officially the last day of summer vacation for the kids so I expect to get back into a good workout routine. I finally made it back to Pilates class on Saturday and did an arms workout last night, tonight I plan to do Low Impact Hiit 2. I've planned out my next 2 weeks for exercise so that should also help me stay on track. The kids start school tomorrow and I'm taking the day off to get my hair cut and get a massage then I'll pick them up from school. I'll be nervous for Brodie as he start Middle School in 5th grade, they are growing up so fast.

Michelle - Sounds like Toby is getting great experience and doing so well :) Enjoy the low key workouts and I hope some cooler weather arrives for you. That dinner sounds wonderful, nice work getting back on track the next day.

Janie - Great job on your workouts and I hope you can off load some stuff at the garage sale :)

Cindy

Last day of August--wow! It is still very warm here in Virginia but on some trees, leaves are starting to turn and fall--autumn is definitely coming even though it doesn't feel that way. The routine here pretty much stays the same: walk Toby, exercise, walk Toby, work, walk Toby, train with Toby. Pup sleeps well at night and so do I. This morning I did ICE Rock em sock em blizzard blast. Good quick cardio exercise on a morning where I need a quick workout.

Cindy: I bet that you are more nervous than Brodie about middle school. If he is moving on with kids he has been going to school with already, hopefully he just views this as going to a new school but not being the new kid. I always hated being the new kid--which I was in 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade, and my junior year of high school. I survived but I was so happy those years when I was not the new kid. I almost did a RWH workout this morning but opted to stay with the ICE workouts through the end of the week. The massage sounds good. What workouts are you going to be doing for the next couple of weeks?

Waves to Janie, Laura, and Kathy.
Michelle

ICE bootcamp today. Feels like fall weather here in Virginia. Won't last. Supposed to be back in the 90s next week. But that's a typical September here. Hoping we get some rain from Tropical Storm Hermine. Otherwise, pretty low key. Took Toby to the groomer today and have take a number of really nice walks with him. Looking forward to a nice, quiet Labor Day weekend.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

ICE Lower Body Blast today. Trying to get things pulled together around the house--cleaning out my closet and drawers of clothing items I don't wear anymore. I've got a bunch of stuff to take to Goodwill. Also staying very busy between work and training with Toby. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Michelle

Michelle, I bet you feel like you are talking to yourself. I don't know why I've been forgetting to post! Dang, I feel like an idiot. It's been so busy right now. I know, no excuses right? You have been doing amazing with your workouts. I need a push I'm afraid, cause haven't been doing them. Ugh... Been practicing singing and playing the guitar and getting slowly back into art. I'm sorry Sweet Pea, Again, I'll try do be better at posting.

To a great cyberspace friend,

Janie

Yesterday was a break day and toay was Party Rockin Step 1--one of my favorite Cathe step routines. Toby and I spent alot of the day together walking, playing, or training. Toby's school was closed today so no class tonight but we will be back in class on Wednesday. Had today off for the Labor Day holiday, back to work tomorrow. This is going to be a very busy month at work. I'm hoping to get at least one dog show in during the very first week of October and maybe another one or two shows in November, then we'll take a break until the Celebrate Virginia Cluster in Fredericksburg in January. Can you believe I'm planning out to January? LOL!

Janie: it's okay, somebody has got to hold down the fort from time to time. Sometimes, it's me and sometimes, it's you. It's so easy not to exercise; but it's so easy to exercise. I know you've been busy with your artistic endeavors, but I bet you can squeeze in 20-30 minutes a day. Cathe has alot of great short workouts in her ICE series--could be just the ticket to get you back in the exercise groove. ICE has become my go-to series when I need a good short workout.

Waves to Cindy. I think we've lost Kathy. :(
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.