Any more reviews/thoughts on the Fit Tower?

aqua girl

Cathlete
Just wondering if any others that have received their towers/DVDs have any comments on it? We have had
At least one review on it. Has anyone that owns the first tower and ordered the new one & received have
Any thoughts on the difference? I guess a lot of us are still waiting...

I would also like to know how easily it breaks down for storage. I don't have room to keep it fully assembled, but I would love to have this tower.

FitTower arrived & together.....a little hint when putting together, make sure
The holes on the base for the knobs are on the outside, I had the bottom
Put together and realized that on one side,the hole was on the inside, so I had to take that side apart and turn it around. Crap! That's what happens when you
Don't look at the picture & read!!!! :)
But, I got it.....It seems a little more sturdy than the first one, and is not quite
As wobbly.....the holes are numbered on this one, up to 10, and Cathe does
Reference which holes to move the bar too, her reference will work for me I believe, as I am 5'4". The other girl is 5'4" I read on Facebook, and she follows Cathe's lead as well....I only watched most of the first DVD, and it seems to be
A neat little workout, I don't think advanced people would like it though, but
It suits me just fine. I just didn't have time to unwrap the bands or mat yet.
Hectic evening!'and took me longer to put together than it should have since
I messed up the first time!

FitTower arrived & together.....a little hint when putting together, make sure
The holes on the base for the knobs are on the outside, I had the bottom
Put together and realized that on one side,the hole was on the inside, so I had to take that side apart and turn it around.

I did the exact same thing! :)

Oh,thank you! I don't feel so bad now....I stood there for a min, thinking about leaving it that way, but said no,
It's not right, it would have bugged me....:)

I did the same thing too aqua girl LOL! The Fit Tower is very sturdy and I love the mat and barbell clips. As for the DVDs... well, I hope that Cathe makes some really advanced videos for this as I did both the intermediate and advanced workouts today and while both were fun they were very easy (I say that now but watch - I'll be sore tomorrow!). Think TurboBarre "lite." There were some new moves for the abs that specifically used the tower that I enjoyed and while most muscle groups in the upper body were targeted the segments were short and and all you needed was the resistance band. No weights. She also does modified push-ups (I did regular ones on my toes) and some pull-ups; the pull-ups I can see being helpful for anyone who can't do a full one (i.e. me!). There is hardly any cardio effect on either and the legs go through a simple barre series that is also pretty short. Given the that the DVDs only run about a half hour that's understandable but I'll be using them on days when I don't feel like doing much (which is often given how hot it is in MA LOL!) or as an add-on to a strength/cardio workout. Cathe as usual is perky, pleasant and extremely encouraging... these would be great for beginners or those who've spent too much time on the couch lately and want to ease back into working out. I'm really curious to see what others think so please post reviews when you can! :D

I did the advanced workout last night and it was definitely less intense than Cathe's typical workouts. I was kind of surprised that the pushups on the bar were harder than I thought they would be. It could be that I wasn't using proper form, it seemed awkward to me. I did the advanced workout for the Fit Tower after I did Ripped with Hiit Upper Body Circuit so it may have just seemed easier in comparison! I don't think I will be reaching for the dvds to work out with but it was fun seeing and trying out what you can do with the tower. I haven't even really looked at the beginner DVD but will probably view and try the beginner and intermediate this weekend. I'd like to learn more ways to do stretches with it too.

Well, I like all 3 of the DVDs, I haven't done any yet, but I have previewed them. Yes, they are less intense,
But I need that sometimes, actually a lot of times, and it will be nice not having to think about modifying,
And actually do the workout as it is! :). I think she did an excellent job on them...it is kinda weird only
Hearing her introduce just one person, I'm so used to hearing her announce Amanda, Brenda, Marlo, etc, :)

Me too aqua girl - not too intense isn't a bad thing without modifying! I liked the music and how peppy Cathe was, although I agree that it was odd not seeing the usual folks. Didn't matter to me as barre is different and you don't need a huge crew. Cathe was smart to focus on herself alone because if she's targeting a different audience IMO it was better that she was encouraging for all levels. Glad you like the Fit Tower! :D

@Peanuts: have you gotten your tower together & do you like it? I really do, and although the workouts are
Not too intense, I really like them and the different ways Cathe uses the tower for upper body & core. I hope you are enjoying it, as well as everyone else.

Hi aqua girl! Yes, I finally put mine together yesterday. Really like it. Right now I've disassembled to store but I wanted to see how my barbell fit - good. Also purchased a plastic box to store the barbell clips because I'm afraid I might misplace them. They are more heavy duty than I thought which is good. Previewed the DVDs but not sure when I might try them.

I received my Fit tower on Wednesday and have already done the beginner and intermediate workouts. My first impressions of the tower itself is very good: the quality seems excellent and I found it a piece of cake to assemble. If you don't have a lot of room and want to store it in a smaller space you can just separate the base from the upright using the black knobs where the upright meets the base. However I don't think this would be a good idea if you plan on using it a lot because I feel the black knobs aren't meant to be screwed and unscrewed on a frequent basis. The supports for a barbell are excellent and fit my smaller barbell perfectly.
Of course Cathe has made excellent starter workouts. I find I will do them on lighter days or maybe when I need to tune in to my form. Sometimes we all need to slow down a little and think about what we are doing. Now I just can't wait for Cathe to come up with more ways to utilize this piece of equipment. But first the Strong and Sweaty series . . . I think that will keep me happy in the meantime.

Hi aqua girl! Yes, I finally put mine together yesterday. Really like it. Right now I've disassembled to store but I wanted to see how my barbell fit - good. Also purchased a plastic box to store the barbell clips because I'm afraid I might misplace them. They are more heavy duty than I thought which is good. Previewed the DVDs but not sure when I might try them.

Glad you are liking it as well! Good idea for the clips..

I tried the Intermediate and Advanced DVDs on Saturday. I also liked the innovative ways Cathe used the tower and band for upper body and core work. Since the workouts are chaptered, I am thinking in the future of repeating each chapter on the Advanced DVD to make it around a 60-minute workout. Still wouldn't be a regular intense Cathe workout but would be nice for a lighter day or to focus on form, as snowlover mentioned.

I had to smile during the Intermediate DVD because there is one time when Cathe means to say tower but she says step instead. I guess old habits die hard!

I did the Fit Tower advanced workout today. I'm 6' tall so I have to raise the bar higher than Cathe's suggestions. It's going to take me a while to get my form right and my long legs makes the workout challenging for me. I think I'm going to enjoy the tower overall, I'm just wondering if I am a bit too long / tall for the tower...

I really like her workouts a lot for the Tower. I think once you do the workouts a few times you will figure it out. I have to figure out where to put the step on the Total Body weight workout. I think its just a learning curve. Well worth it in my opinion. On another note, my bar doesn't slide. I had to stop my workout 3 times. I am so bummed. I was doing my favorite Barre Boot Camp and lost all the momentum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.