Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/24

Today I thought that I might have to go out to run an errand for my husband so I picked a workout that I thought would burn a significant amount of calories without weights. This was Tabatacise with core #1, 55 minutes, 409 calories, heart rate avg. 128/ max 159. I then wanted to revisit the rest of Amy Bento's Abs and Stretch so I did Abs 1 and 2 and stretch #1, 40 minutes, 147 calories. I like the stretches and using the band for some of it. This workout is a 2006 workout (I think by the copyright) She uses the stability ball and weights for some of it. I added some light weight for a couple of non-weighted moves. I remember doing them a lot and then Cathe came out with the set that had the mixes of tough core etc. that used the medicine ball and stability ball and I sort of left Amy's behind. It has a lot of similar moves just not as heavy and the progression is different. The stretches are not done fast so I like that I get to stay in the stretch a bit longer than yoga stretches. Tomorrow I will probably do something total body. I generally like to do each body part at least twice a week. It was raining hard this morning. It has rained once each day since we got back Monday. It has been nice because I do not have to go out and water. There was a lot of lightening this morning. We had a strike and loud crack , you could see it in the skylight in the living room. Gertie started barking and whining. She usually does not pay a lot of attention. We lost our internet with that one. I just got it back.

Josie, enjoy the concerts. It sounds like your mother is in good hands with her food planned and ready for her. That is nice that you will not be too far away.

Valerie, you are lucky to not have had to turn on the air till now. It has been seriously hot and humid. I don't think we could tolerate no air. I had reset the thermostats when we left and forgot to reset them. I was pouring sweat and realized it was 87 degrees upstairs. I adjusted it so it is nice today. The rain has helped cool it off a bit.
I hate bites. I usually do not get them. This time though my husband and I both came back and had bites all over under our clothes. Kind of odd. My husband said he couldn't believe he had bites on his toe since he wore his shoes and socks the whole time. I had on Jeans except the day we were on the boat. I think each day my bites look bigger than the day before. My husbands are huge though. He went to work miserable today. My daughter removed to skin cancers yesterday from his ear and arm, then the itchy spots, and getting a new crown. At least I don't have that much. My poor 6 year old grandson had bites on his private area. He was running around outside in shorts. We had multiple bottles of insect repellant.

Lynda, that workout is fun and with all of the changes time moves pretty fast. I have heard that about bathing dogs. Mudd had allergies though and she would lose tons of hair and her ears would get all red inside. This would happen every year. The vet that I went back to when we moved back to Oklahoma City would just give her ear drops, which she hated) and when it got bad he would give her a steroid shot and it usually got us through the season. When we moved away we had a different vet for awhile and he gave me the special shampoo. I really did not enjoy all of those baths. I usually bathe Gertie once a month before I put on the Frontline. She did get two this month though because I bathed her after he laying on the wet ground and walking through the woods. She hung out outdoors with us most of the time.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a 1 hour Spinerval and today I did a KCM premix, the NYC 2 premix from Muscle Definition. It is a full body workout with abs, and the total time was 85 minutes. I'm planning on a rest day tomorrow, or maybe some stretching or yoga. No special plans for the weekend. Maybe work on the condo a little.

Deb-I hope you like your Galaxy 6. Almost everyone in Chris's family has one and loves them. I think we are the only Apple users in the family :)

Lori- I ordered the new SB workout too! $9.99 was too good to pass up. Those rope workouts look so challenging! I can see why you wouldn't do more than 20 minutes at a time. I took a break from spinning the past couple of weeks and will probably just do one spin workout a week for awhile. I want to try to get outside as much as I can and save the spinning for winter.

Lynda-That's great that you can stream now!

Josie- I hope you and your husband have a nice, relaxing weekend!

Diane Sue- Chris's uncle lives in Oklahoma City. I've only been there once, when I was very little and we drove out to visit my grandparents in Arizona.

Caitlin-Good luck with your move!

Judy

I am rather angry now, as Bill said the closing was not August 1st, and I really need to know when it is. I am going to let him know that. To all the beautiful and fit ladies, Josie, Diane Sue, Judy, and everybody else. I had to do something today, so I just did my upper body. I can't do cardio, there are too many boxes. I will do my lower body tomorrow. Thank you for letting me be in this wonderful discussion forum.

Good morning,

A nice dinner with my brother and SIL last night, then they came here for coffee. We were celebrating my SIL's birthday, a little late.

Diane Sue, thanks for the info on Prime Music. I am having a heck of a time trying to get the playlist from my old phone on to the new one. It would probably be easier to start from scratch and just get the songs again. Do you do it with a USB cable and a PC or just using your network and the phone? Not sure if that is an option, but it seems like it should be. That is adorable how Gertie gets in the shower and waits for you. Wow those insects where you were camping sound downright ferocious! Were they mosquitos? One thing to be careful of with dog's shampoo is oatmeal...lots of dogs do not tolerate it, actually makes them itch more, although it is thought of as a soothing ingredient.

Valerie, that fly situation would probably keep me off the trails until the conditions were where they did not appear like that. I would think that DEET smells almost or just as bad as any of the oil type repellents...but everyone has a different odor tolerance level...I do not like any of them. I hate when we have to put stuff on the dogs...then you have to be careful not to pet them, gets the stuff all on your hands...

Lynda, so glad you are able to keep the LIVE streaming workouts! The one from this past Thursday looks great...I want to try it next week. I am going to ask on the forum about how long it is. I liked that "you can do anything for a minute" one too....thanks for reminding me that she uses tubing in it....I really like my new tubing. Will put this one on the schedule. Our vet also says that Keegan especially should not be bathed more than once a month. He has oily skin and starts to smell. I looked at Pinterest, and they recommend a mix of baking soda and corn starch, sprinkled on ( I bought a cheese shaker thing a the dollar store) and it seems to help cut down the oil, and the smell, and he is not so itchy either.

Judy, I didn't realize that KCM had any premixes that were that long...I have that DVD...have to keep that one in mind, it sounds good. That SB $9.99 special must be over....I looked at her site and I think the set you and Lori bought is now $17.99. :(.

Caitlin, what closing was supposed to be August 1? Where you are moving to? Does that mean your move is delayed?

Josie, sounds like a great weekend planned...have fun and relax!

Hi Lori!

Agility class this morning....it will be pretty hot in there....I have to remember the fan!

Have a great weekend!

Good morning ladies!

I had the day off yesterday. Picked my friend up at the train startion then we just relaxed in our pool. Hehehe. Was fun. In the morning I did the most recent Live from Thursday...Smokin' Body Blast and I loved it! I stopped before the core work only because I was short on time and wanted to do a battle rope finisher. Battle rope uses a lot of core. 483 calories when I was done so this was a great morning workout! This morning I am doing yesterdays SB workout which is Feel Good Cardio. I may do a couple of lower targets to depending on time.

Deb...you will like this Live workout. The blasts are not crazy high impact at all. It moves really fast and you are done before you know it. Even if I did not do the battle rope I felt it was a great workout even without the core. One of the things I love about Live. She makes it easy to split the workouts if you need too. Deb...never thought to mention about SB new DVD to you. :( Yes it was only a 48hr special.

Caitlin...I do not blame you for being upset. If I was all boxed up then they switch the move date I would not be happy. Hope all works out.

Judy...I tried doing yoga but could not stick with it. I love SB so hoping I will do and stick with this new workout of hers. It is not yoga but not sure what the difference is? When I do use my spin bike it would be in the cooler months so makes since you want to be out side.

Diane Sue...I love Tabatacise. Just hearing the name makes me want to do it! We finally had a good soaking yesterday late afternoon. It poured for about half and hour then it was beautiful again. I have workouts like that..used alot and loved them. Then Cathe comes out with something and my once beloved workout is pushed aside!

Valerie...been so hot and humid here. Pretty much have had the air running for a month with a few breaks here and there. You must be very sweet that is why the bugs love you! :)

Lynda...yeah!! Success!! Hoping your are able to continue smoothly with Live. That is a great workout. I have done it a couple of times now. My son was here yesterday and tried out the ropes. He was funny. He started doing one of the 10 min workouts I have and was very impressed I could do it for that long. This one is a Hiit one...20 seconds on 10 off. Crazy tough one.

Josie...enjoy your weekend away. You deserve it.

Deb, I meant to mention that I had to research a bit with some of the Amazon Apps. I went online and read up on it. I am not sure exactly what I did but, I do remember getting the Amazon app store app and I had to go into settings on the phone to allow it. Also you might have to add your device on your Amazon Prime account under devices. Any music that I purchased from Amazon automatically went into my Amazon music app on the phone. I was looking at bug bites on the Internet and I think it was some sort of fleas or mites. The bites got bigger after a day and are hard bumps, not quite like mosquitos. Although my husband's look like mosquito bites because his are puffy. Mosquitos generally do not bother me even without repellant. I don't know why that is.

Lorie, that was a great calorie burn. Those battle rope workouts look like they would have to be a great core workout. Your day sounds very pleasant. I am liking the heavy rain showers and then the sun coming out.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Deb, the shampoo I amusing on Gertie is a Paul Mitchell shampoo and smells like almonds. I should look. The stuff they gave me at the vets office for Mudd said on the bottle that it was for horses. I am not sure what was in it. Some sort of medication I think.

yesterday afternoon I did 20 min on the treadmill running, then a 41 min mishmash CUB workout. I keep losing track of doing upper body, so will try to make sure it gets done 2x a week. . today we will ride a road ride. so many festivals plus road maintenance etc going on the next month, need to check ahead before we plan a ride.
I've been researching shampoo ingredients. Pantene has about 20! no short names either. there's a preservative that can cause issues, hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride. it's in pantene. it's not in the cetaphil baby shampoo. no way to prove what is the problem for me

hello to all the beautiful and wonderful ladies, Josie, Judy, labnick, Diane Sue, and I am still wrighting down names. I am glad you don't blame me for being upset. right now my work is extremely slow, and I am joining up with the partner I had last summer. He is a friend, and has jut been certified. I have no idea when the closing will be. I did look at short wedding dresses last night, but they all had sequins on top and I want something more conservative, as that is the way Catskill is now like.

I am also over fifty now, and I don't want to try to pretend I am older. I am doing my lower body freestyle as all my DVS's and weights are packing. I am taking the weights out of the box now.

Valerie I have been using Hugo Naturals Smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Their products say never any parabens,silicones,GMO's,phenoxethanol,propylene glycol, PEG's, petroleum products, artificial colors or fragrance. It seems to be doing really well. Most of the inge diets are recognizable as plants and vitamins.

Today I did X10 Warm up and step, 22 minutes,149 calories, followed by Flex Train 57 minutes, 265 calories. I finished off with 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga, 31 minutes 107 calories. Total time 1 hour 50 minutes, calories burned 494. I was struggling today. I tried to up the weights a bit but would end up doing Cathe's. I really had planned on more strength work? but , I found I was really sore all over so just went on to yoga.

I meant to add in that DEET is very hard to get off your hands, and I wear contact lenses. just another drawback.

we did a ride this morning. lower mileage, 22- 23 miles, 2 hours. heck of a headwind! you go from 17 mph to 11 mph when you turn into the wind. most of the area is farms. the potato fields were SO fragrant. I think it's the plants with pink flowers that smell so sweet. there are white flowered plants too, vast fields of them. a lovely fragrance . always surprises me that potatoes smell better than roses. we also saw two huge machines used to harvest blueberries. they must drive it down the rows of plants ( they are 4-5 feet tall) and the berries get knocked off onto a conveyer belt. there were several people on the mid level and you could see stacks of the green cardboard containers the berries go into. would love to see one in action.

diane sue, do you get that shampoo in a regular store? I will stick with the baby shampoo for now but will be reading ingredients from now on. the article I came across said fragrances were the first group of chemicals to cause irritation, and pantene Pro-V is the first on their list. unfortunately, they don't list what "chemical names" for fragrance are.
the next group of trouble causers were preservatives. that's the ingredient in pantene that I suspect because it's on their list. it's not in baby shampoo.

Valerie I bought the Hogo naturals at Sprouts. They have it on Amazon. I think Amazon was less than I paid for it. I love it when you can smell the fragrance in the fields. Around here though it would most likely be wheat. I remember the potatoes in Nebraska. That sounds interesting how they harvested the blueberries.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.