Lifting like girls

Justine, Tom, I don't share your love of back day. Not at all!

Tom, I'd say your leg workout looked more than adequate. I was gonna ask about that bike so I'm glad you mentioned that you rode it on back day. Do I need to file a request for court mandated bike time? Get on that thing more often! ;) Hope your work slows down a bit. Half time should NOT feel like full time!

Karen, congrats on your part-time status. Like Tom said, I hope it actually ends up being part time. I know when my DH says he's going to work a half day he really ends up working 6 or 7 hours. Something about you engineering folks. There is nothing better than post-leg day DOMS. I totally agree! Love that feeling. You're lucky you get to borrow Tracie's stuff. I'm always intrigued but never enough to buy, especially now that I'm just completely obsessed with Cathe Live.

Lib, Roz, hope you're both well!

Justine, is your DH a messy man? I have to keep my DH on a daily clean-up chore list. Just little stuff. He's good about big messes--bathroom, trash, lawn duties--but he's a big time clutterer! It's in his genes. His grandparents were pack rats like I've never seen. Your deload seems to be going well. I'm amazed you can sheer a sheep. Period. 15 minutes sounds like a speed record to me!

Yesterday I did UB Sculpting Live (7/3/14) and today I did a new-to-me Live, which was Cardio Boxing Plus Plyo Legs Live (4/7/16). Holy hell, that burned my legs out since I am still sore from Tuesday's Lean Lower Body Live. Yowza!

Today I switched arms for shoulders. I thought I could get thru the w/o faster and I will have more time tomorrow. Tri set super sets again, skullcrushers/ dumbbell curls, tri pushdowns/ hammer curls, tri crossbodys/ conc curls. I finished with 30 tri pushups/ 30 bi isos. For some reason I was drenched!! No bike Lisa, this early everyday shortens my w/o time and if " sumpin" gotta go....well ya know what it is!! Off to my formerly part time gig! Have a great weekend ladies!

Congrats Karen, and commiserations Tom! Part time is the way to go. I love my semiretirement! Tom, let's hope your full time status is temporary.

Lisa, yep, I have a very messy husband. In some ways it's actually easier with him immobile. Lol. He can only make a mess as far as he can reach. I must confess to suddenly not being able to hear him sometimes. When he gets too demanding. It's a good job he's a tv addict. Netflix and Amazon have paid for themselves this week!

This morning I did cardio leg blast. Yay! Loved it.

I woke up Monday extremely sick. I think it might have been the flu. I slept pretty much through yesterday morning. I was still somewhat weak yesterday. I am so much better today though. But, yet, another week behind in the routines. I am doing something today. I am seriously considering jumping into a month of RwH. I may try one of them to see how it works.

My boys will be home Sunday night. :) I miss them.

WOW!! I decided to admit I am totally bored with Xtrain. :( :(
So, I did Ripped with Hiit: Legs. OMG!!! Dying! I had break after almost every move (which is to be expected after missing almost two weeks and being sick--honestly surprised I did as well as I did now that I think about it), but I made it!
WOW! The fat is going to MELT off now!
So glad I decided to do this today! I feel energetic for being so fried! :)

It was the first one on the rotation!

Sure now you tell me!!! Lol

My thighs are screaming tonight, but a good scream......

Went on a date tonight. Went to red lobster, ordered healthiest option (grilled shrimp) decent conversation. Nice man. I felt bad because he would ask me about my education/training, then tell me I was over his head. He did ask me out again.....which kind of surprised me.

Good morning! I must tell you, I'm sore everywhere today. Last night I did a workout by Mindy Mylrea. I've written about her before. In most of her previous DVDs she is so wired, I could only take about ten minutes, then I was done. But, she has two new DVDs out, so I decided to borrow one from my sister. (Evidently my sister spends her day Buying DVDs, she has everything, then there is my other sister that wouldn't workout if you paid her) anyway, Mindy is big on using toys in her workouts. Stability ball, gliding discs, Bosu and playground ball. So this DVD is chaptered; squats, lunges, burpees, planks etc. Last night I did the whole DVD, it's well over an hour, but there are chapters that are extremely challenging. Burpees and planks (almost like HoCo) I was huffing and puffing, and my clothing was soaked. It's all bodyweight work, but if anyone is interested I recommend. It's titled, Extreme Exercise Makeover.
Today will be upper body with heavy weights.
Have a great weekend everyone. Monday is a holiday for the state of Utah, and I'm taking Tuesday off as well. So, two days of work? I can handle that.

Last edited:
Karen, if its tough for you I think I'll pass!! An hour of that stuff would be killer! Today was shoulders for me, and I threw in some accessories to add to the pain. I did 14 sets of strict press and thought it felt like a lousy day, but the further I got into, the better it felt. I did get a single at 135, but crashed at 145 and finished with triples at 115#, 3x3 and 95# 3x8. My next complex I usually do side laterals, rear delt flys, and front raises and I raised these 5# each and did sets of 8-10..felt good! I used 50s for the rear delt stuff and they were there, so I tried a set of curls and it felt fine, so next arm day I think I will try to "bump up" the weight I have been using for curls and skullcrushers 5# Next were barbell shrugs 1x30, 1x25, and while I had my grips on I did 1x10 chin-ups, and went back to shoulders, and did 1x12 seated shoulder press. I ended up with 30 sets in all, 26 on shoulders, 1 set of curls, 1 set of chin-ups, and 2 x 25 cable crunches . I did ride the bike a mile after, thought I would do more, but I was pooped!...sorry Lisa! Lib, when a guy says I'm in "over my head" it usually means he is fascinated and feels lucky to be there!! Glad it was fun! Justine, how is the sheep shearing/ baby sitting going?? We guys are SO much bigger wimps than you ladies...just an honest reflective moment! I hope he gets that "good knee" healed up. Roz, whats happening??, we miss you!

Aw, Lib, sorry you were under the weather for so long. How on Earth did you make it through RWH Legs? That is tough for sure! Like Justine said, though, there are other "easier" (relatively speaking) workouts in RWH. No shame in admitting you are bored with XTrain. Time to move on if it's not fun anymore. Don't worry, you'll want to revisit it again in the future I would imagine. Absence makes the heart go fonder--and that applies to workouts, too! I'm glad you had a fun time on your date. They should call Red Lobster Buttered Lobster instead. Hard to find something healthy there but it sounds like you managed all right. :) Does this guy have a self-esteem problem (not trying to be mean, but guys like that are downers IMO) or was he just really impressed because what you've done is so amazing (it is!)?

Karen, yeah, Mindy is super tough. That's why I wish she wasn't so over the top with her personality. It's cool that you have an exercise DVD addict sister. Does she like Cathe, too? It's interesting that your other sister doesn't want anything to do with exercise. Yay for extra time off work! Enjoy P-Day on Monday. At least you get a day off for it, right? ;)

Justine, LOL on your hearing problems. I tell my DD1 that my hearing stops working when she whines instead of using her words. I really wish that were true because, ugh, the whining and tantruming that goes on sometimes, ugh! I'm glad your DH is easily entertained so that he can be distracted. Cardio Leg Blast is one of my all times favorites!

Tom, I'll give you a pass on the bike, but just this time!!! Great workouts, especially today. Love those days when you start out feeling like it's impossible and end up feeling like a champion!

Yesterday I did High Intensity Cardio Step Live (6/26/14) and today I did Total Body Tone Up Live (12/17/15). I need a Cathe Live intervention...

Good weekend wishes to you all!

Karen, I would like to check that out, but it yet are huffing.....well....I will take a look at it. :) What is the holiday ?

Tom, unfortunately he meant he didn't understand a word I was saying.

Lisa, I was dying, but I refused to give up. I think it helped that it was something brand new. He did a lot of name dropping, so I would guess insecure.

Today I did RWH, low impact one, and abs 2. My legs were on fire from yesterday, so it took a bit to not whimper, but I made it, with many breaks. I know it will get better. I am very glad tomorrow is weights! Lol

Happy Monday all! Had a good chest day, doing 15 sets of flat and incline and 2x20 pushups to finish em off!..and they did! I added 2x10 dumbbell curls and 1x25 cable crunches, I was able to go heavier than I have for awhile and hit 215 for a double. I stopped flat at 165, 2x8 on the decending part of my pyramid and really there were times where that would have been more than my max...feel really good about that. I was able to do 195 x 7, and 185x7xx6x5. I also today, as I changed positions on my oly bar on the rack, I could curl it without pain! I almost wet myself one morning repositioning the bar...I know that's progress!! Best of Mondays ladies!!

Today was chest, shoulders and triceps......wow! My thighs are still screaming from all the hiit,,,,,,and now I can barely move my arms! LOVING IT!!!
My boys got home last night, so nice to have them home.

Yesterday morning the scale said 200.1!!!!! I am almost beLow 200 finally!!

And, for the cheering squad.......Richard took me to find a waterfall......which we did. We got there at 7 pm, left about 2 am, sat on his couch talking until around 4 am, and then fell asleep, and after waking up to the smell of coffee, and a light brunch.....I finally got home at 11 am yesterday.......... Got many beautiful pictures, swam in cool water, laid in a hammock laughing and sharing in depth conversation.....definitely a great date

We are going to try to find another waterfall on Wednesday evening....... :)

Tom, are you in the market for some adult diapers? NOTHING is off limits in this check-in, love it! Stay...ahem...dry when repositioning those weight bars, okay? LOL! So glad that your elbows are feeling good. Great weight loads for you!

Lib, wow what a date! Sounds like you live in a beautiful area, jealous of the waterfalls. Yay for DOMS and glad your boys are home again.

Karen, did you make up that WOD? Are you still able to move right now??? That clip you posted on OD was impressive and sooooo hard. Like ballet meets HOCO. I don't thin I could make it through that, plus I would need to use gliding discs since I workout on carpet. Let me know if you give it a go!

Justine, hi!!!

Today I did Scrambled Cardio & Weights, which may or may not have been a Live workout from 6/9/16! ;)

Karen, that wod got about everything..tough! Lib, sounds like a great time, I cant stay up that late anymore, but glad you had a blast! Lisa, I'm trying to visualize depends under my shorts...maybe someday! Today was "lat day". 4 sets of chin ups, 2x10 and 2x8, 4x10 heavy pullovers, 4x10 pulldowns and 3x10 dumbbell rows, 15 sets total, then a pathetic 1 mile bike...I am such a weenie!! I weighed 191+ this morning. I know it is not all chiseled beef, but glad to have it, even the superfluous! Justine, hope you are not under a pile of wool somewhere and that hubby gets better so you have some reinforcements! Have a great Tuesday Commandos!

Lisa, it was about a two foot high waterfall. There are few here. But I will take it ....and the fact that he noticed my comment, and remembered it, then based our first date around it......that was pretty cool.

Today was RWH....plyo one. I am really starting to wonder if I am over my head here. I am dying. Taking longer rests. But it only too me an extra 10 mins. And I did burpees!! Not one handed, but I still did them!

I noticed I am recovering faster after the full workout....so I hope it will improve each time. I must start drinking at least double my water intake. I am winding up with headaches after the workouts, so I am dehydrated.

What are your thoughts on this??

Thanks

Oh, and can someone please explain why I keep getting fever blisters after each hiit cardio workout?? Ugh!

Sometimes stress can induce fever blisters. Actually so many things can bring on a fever blister. I had a roommate in college that got a fever blister every Spring. The sun and the warm weather, brought them out. Some friends got them after skiing. A myriad of triggers. I did a paper for a biology class in college on Herpes Simplex. Researched all kinds of things I did not know. Fever blisters on the mouth is Herpes Simplex 1. Your illness could have brought it on. Stress, or some kind of change in your life, very common trigger. Wishing you well, they can be quite painful

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.