Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Laura, the kid that got shot is dead :) He is dead :) He died on the scene. I have no idea if the driver was the shooter? The driver called his mom (the kid who turned himself to the police is still in in HS) and his mom told him to turn himself in. I live on a golf course, in WV :( WTH? Police believe the shooter is at large :( Very said! I called my farmer lady, to make sure she is ok.

Belinda, that is frightening. I wonder what prompted the shooting. So, the actual shooter that was in the car is missing? I bet they find the shooter. So, sad.

Laura, it sounds like you have a lot going on with your parents and your husbands. That is tough when dementia gets that bad. I remember my husband helping in dispatch once and there was a woman who called all of the time thinking a Star trek character was in her wall or something. He talked her through getting rid of it somehow and she quit calling dispatch all of the time. I lost my Aunt to Alzheimer disease recently and she sometimes would call and make no sense at all. It was hard to talk to her. One time I told her I had to go to the store and I would talk to her later. She called me a few minutes later at the store and said she had been waiting for my call. They had just moved her to a facility for care and it was just a few weeks later she was gone.

This morning I did a LWF 30 min. Barbell "truth serum". I didn't have the barbell heavy enough so it only took 12 minutes. So I followed with Sarah Lurie's Iron core bootcamp 1.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

PS. I decided against the refurb fitbit...I have to stop buying stuff I basically already have [emoji5]

Today I did Urban Rebounding Extreme Metabolic Training Amy Bento Kickbox Intervals, 53 minutes, heart rate 124 avg. /154 max, 370 calories. I have always loved this workout. She has a nice stretch at the end and the abs are good. I did have a hard time with the bear crawl move off of the side of the rebounder. Not so hard going out but, getting back up to a standing position was tough. I used 2# sand weights for the cardio and 3# sand weights for the abs. I then did Boot camp Circuit blizzard blast, 12 minutes, 70 calories, Ice Muscle Meltdown Back, 21 minutes, 99 calories, and finished off STS weights and plates abs 19 minutes, 83 calories. 1 hr 46 minutes, 622 calories.
Muscle Meltdown Back 12 reps per exercise
3 rounds of 5 exercises
one arm row 30#
pullover 20's # 40# total the first set I used a Bow flex select tech but decided the two dumbbells was better.
one arm wide row 25# , 35#, 35#
Deadlift 30's#

Doreen, I forgot about the Iron Core workouts. I have some of those. I was just looking at some of my Brook Benton Kettle bell workouts this morning. Maybe another day this week. I have a hard time with buying too. I keep putting workouts in my cart and taking them back out. My birthday is coming up and I really can find a way to do the same type of workouts. Also I would like a new yoga mat that is thicker and I have one in my wish list but I am waiting. My Nike one works but is rather thin and strings are starting to come off the sides.

I'm so glad my parents listened to me about not leaving the nursing home/rehab center. Two weeks ago was when my mom went to the emergency room. Finally got the results from the Mri and it showed she has a broken femur. She had X-rays at the hospital, they didn't see it and neither did her surgeon when he reviewed. The surgeon was the one who said she must have a groin pull. They are changing her to a private suite, they have pulled her from pt, and she now has to ride in an ambulance for her appointments. We don't know what is next. She will see her surgeon on Friday. And the only reason we found out about the broken femur is because I called the surgeons office after they sent her home with the pulled groin thing and threw a fit! Then I've been throwing fits with my parents to keep mom in the center (they both wanted her to go back home). Yikes.

Laura, that is terrible. No wonder she has been in so much pain. Why is it that you have to really be demanding and on top of things with medicine? My daughter being in the medical field is generally on top of things and insists on certain things that she knows are needed, The first doctor did not catch my granddaughter's kidney failure. My daughter picked up on the signs and called her friends husband, a family doctor and they had her in the hospital asap. . They think it was probably from ibuprophen. She was in the hospital for a week. We all spent a lot of time on special diet and watching signs of a problem. I had her at my house when her mother was working that summer. That is good she did not go home. I bet moving her around is painful.

Diane Sue, I just don't understand why they weren't following through with my mom. I can be polite but no nonsense with medical people. I have no medical training, but just good old fashioned common sense and I knew something was very wrong. And that is when I called and would not take no for an answer. I looked up femur fractures after total hip replacement today and my mom had every symptom listed for it. Every single one. It really makes me question why they did not suspect this. And they have been having her do pt twice a day and making her walk on a broken bone. I'm glad your daughter has medical training. So very fortunate that she picked up on the kidney failure. I'm sure her quick actions made a huge difference.

From what I've been researching it looks like she might have to have more surgery to put in plates and screws. And from what I read, the bone is supposed to be splinted or put in traction to stabilize before surgery. And they have been having her walk on it. They have been giving her so many narcotics that I have talked to my dad about it since I'm concerned she could end up addicted. I still can't understand why no one noticed this on the X-rays. My dad really wanted to take her home the other day. I really had to do some fancy talking to get that nixed thankfully. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to go the Mri. At least we have a real answer finally.

Thanks for the kind words, talking about this helps.

Laura, that is terrible that they had her walking. The is incompetance. I do no they are more hesitant with surgeries as people get older just because of the danger. This is not the case though. I think there have been a lot of changes in how medical staff are supposed to do things. There are still good doctors that take things seriously and work around rules etc. For the good of the patient. It seems it has become a run them through fast and no time to really work through problems so they can get to the next one. Doctors used to call and check on their patients but that rarely happens anymore. They don't even have staff check . I read something online recently by an older doctor about this. We are just another person on their computer system.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Diane Sue, that is it exactly. It has become an assembly line or as you said just a name in the computer. No one has ever called to check on my mom. They only call after I call and leave messages.

When I had my last back surgery I was still working. The insurance company kept sending me huge packets of data to be filled out for disability insurance. I brought them to one of my follow ups with my neurosurgeon since they required all of this detailed medical data. I showed it to him asking if there was someone on his staff who could help me because the insurance company wasn't paying me and the forms were worse than tax returns. He got so angry. He went over to a desk and he sat down and filled out the forms himself. He said he needed me to recover and I shouldn't have to stress over things like this. He actually filled them all out and then handed them back to me before leaving to go to next appointment. He was the best doctor I ever had. His follow up care was the most complete I ever had. He knew how bad I was and actually cared.

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Alesia came is here, she keeps me busy. I did work out: I did a LS Miracle Mile walk : 7 miles + UFit Sculpt + Stretch.

Today DD and I walked outside. I also did XTRAIN Back, Chest + Shoulders Premix 03 Timesaver (Rounds 1- 4)…32.14 and UFit Ultra Thight Hard Body = 20 min.

I will give you on update on the shooting later. Have to get ready. BBL!

Today I did Ice Low Impact Sweat mish mosh scrambled mix, all step with blizzard blast mixed in, 37 minutes, 258 calories. I then did Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 77 calories. I wanted to do triceps and do not have the Ice workout with it on it so I did 2 giant sets of the moves on the Ice workout on my own then I put in Amy Bento Ross Drop Set Strength and did triceps, core, and the stretch. She does a nice stretch on this one using the stability ball. This took 43 minutes, and I burned 165 calories. 80 minutes total, 423 calories
Muscle Melt Down Biceps Giant sets 12 reps each exercise 3 rounds
standing curl 22.5's; 20's; 20's
standing hammer curl 22.5's ; 20's; 20's
preacher curl 15's; 15's; 15's
incline hammer curl 15's; 15's; 15's
concentration curl 20; 20; 20
Triceps giant sets 12 reps 2 rounds
overhead extension 30;30
kickbacks 15's; 15;s
dips 35# barbell in lap using step 2nd rnd, first round 25# dumbbell
lying extension 35# barbell both rounds
close grip press 20's the first round 35# barbell second round
Drop Set Strength
wide kickbacks 12 reps 15's; 12's; 10's
overhead extension 2 dumbbells with a squeeze together 12's, 10's 8's
triceps drop push ups on knees

Laura, it is nice to find a doctor who actually cares. That was nice of him to fill those papers out for you.
triceps push ups up to a jump 10 reps (sort of like a burpee hands on step push up)10 reps
triceps push ups 6 with right leg lifted 6 with left leg lifted

Debbie, Beast abs is a good one. It is not real long either.

Last edited:
Diane Sue- Are you liking the ICE DVDs? I tried them On Demand last January and often have wondered if I should go ahead and purchase them. I like LI Sweat a lot! I guess I'll decide once Cathe announces what's up her sleeve at the RT next week.

I did Supercuts this morning. Its been a while since I've done any of the Xtrain stuff. Then I followed with the BeFit extreme in 30 Back,But, Legs workout from youtube. I only did two circuts due to time. 2Lazy4Gym's blog seemed to really like them. I'm not too sure. They are challenging but more chatter and exercise demo that I think necessary which detracts from the workout. Its all 60 of work, 30 sec of rest, 3 exercises one time through then 3 more exercises presented and done one time through. I had thought about doing the rotation with all three levels but I think now I'll try them all out once and then see! They might just be good add-ons.

Today was legs. I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body again but as is no premixes, 49 minutes, 272 calories and using heavier weights. I then did Great Glutes premix standing only, compound, firewalker, and chair segments. I went a little heavier and picked up a heavier weight for the calf raises. This was 46 minutes and calories burned 178. Total time was 95 minutes.
I have a lot to get done today for the trip. I got up at 5:30 this morning so got an early start.

Doreen, I am liking the Ice workouts way more than I thought that I would. There are so many premixes on them and it is easy to get a good workout out of them. It will be interesting to see what Cathe has up next. They probably won't be out for quite awhile though.

Belinda, I hope that you are enjoying your time with Alesia.

Good evening

I went to DC and hang out with DD :) We went out for lunch than we went to her gym at her apartment complex. Fist I went on the elliptical, than I went on the treadmill for about 20 min. Total time was about 40 min.

Diane Sue - awesome job on your workouts. How fun going on a trip? How long are you staying? Safe travels and have fun

Doreen - I love the ICE workouts. Lots of great premixes. I think you would like them.

Good night, ladies.

Today was Amy Bento Ross Kickbox Surge, 73 minutes, 493 calories. I then abs from 2 other Amy workouts, Hi/Lo Knockout, 10 minutes, 35 calories, and Kettlebell Dynamics abs and stretch 13 minutes, 47 calories. Kickbox surge used an 8# med ball throughout, I forgot how hard those roll back and stand moves are with the med ball. Hi/Lo Knockout used 8's I used 10's, and Kettlebell Dynamics was a 20# kettlebell. Total time was 96 minutes and calories burned 587. I need to go get ready and load the car. Have a nice weekend. I may pop in once in awhile.

Belinda, we will be coming back on Monday.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting the ICE workouts if I pre-order Cathe's upcoming announcement. Then I'll get double free shipping, a new set immediately and new stuff later!
The library cancelled the hammer and chisel request. Too much stuff to package for circulation they said. Oh well.
I did LIS athletic training this morning- no abs. My video froze and I hate working abs so didn't mess with getting it re- loaded.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Good evening,

Today I did XTRAIN All Out Low Impact premix #7 Timesaver Floor Cardio + Core #1 - 32:25 and ICE Metabolic Total Body premix #2 Warm Up + Main Routine + Muscle Meltdown - Chest + Stretch - 63:18.

Diane Sue - have fun :)

Doreen - sorry about the library thing.

Have a great evening, I will be back tomorrow.

Good evening,

Plan for today was...go take a live yoga class with DD in DC :) That never happened, lol. Alesia has sinus problems and can't hardly speak :( We ended up going for lunch and a little shopping instead :p When I came home from DC, I did a Leslie 4 mile Miracle (I needed to get my 10K in :)) and Jessica 20 min yoga for hips/knees.

Hope you having a wonderful weekend.

Good night, everyone.

Good afternoon,

I did my workouts this morning, I am just getting around to post :) I did Leslie S. Miracle 5 miles, Body Beast Lucky 7. Really like that one. I also did Cindy Whitmarsh UFit Ultra Tight : 6 pack abs = 20 min.

That's it for me today. See you all tomorrow.

This morning I did hill sprints.... actually one hill, one mile up, 1000 ft elevation gain. :cool: I try to do a sprint 20 sec, recover, sprint 20 sec for the mile up the hill. Then I jogged down and did Ruthless Wicked Lower body at the park.

Have a great evening everyone and good luck on tomorrow's workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.