Who cares? Enjoying June 2016

18 miles today. Ronne, good for you for keeping up with yoga, I'm sure it helped! They showed here on the news where some people admitted not knowing what they were voting on. I'm sure it's very unsettling for you. Roxie, that is a bad place to get vertigo!

I'm a bit miffed, was supposed to go for hormone check up, they gave me paper work to have blood drawn, turns out they didn't get all the results they wanted, not sure who is to blame, I'm miffed because I have to go have blood drawn again, reschedule my appt, all for hormones. I'm just wishing that I didn't have to take hormones and am wondering if I can stop, why can't I be one of the women that go thru meno and that's that....sigh. just venting. I'm trying to calm down before I call the dr office back. this is a pain in the butt because they won't do the hormone visit with the regular annual pap smear visit. my last gyno did....wondering if I need to find another, double sigh

My other rant of the day is..... Drum roll...... A car totally ran a red light right where we were crossing the street! Our light had been green for a while, and we were the only traffic crossing, thankfully DH hesitated because he thought the car was coming pretty fast, then, boom, thru the light they went! There's cones and lane changes because of construction but really isn't an excuse! And that's why I hate riding in traffic (this traffic today was maybe max of 5 cars, but it only takes that 1). Thanks for listening to my rants of the day!

Hi everyone

Lisa - rant away!

Roxie - hope you're feeling better. At least you can enjoy the good weather, we haven't even got that here!

Haven't done my yoga yet as someone came to clean and reseal the kitchen floor. I'll do it later. Day 14! I'll have stuck to it and done it every day. Not sure what to do next ...

Rode 19 miles today, wasn't planning on that far, it just happened :) I really pushed my legs, feeling stronger! Yesterday I did do ICE MM Back since my left shoulder blade was knotted up. That must be why I was so grumpy yesterday, my shoulder blade hurt, I think from stress and not sleeping right, or at least that's my best guess. I tried everything yesterday to get it out.....pressure on the trigger point, heating pad, hot rice bag, finally told DH to SLATHER that cannabis cream on! Then put heat on to get it activated more (or so that's my theory), it worked! ah, relief! So much relief I'll go get the blood drawn, again. I think both the dr office and lab messed up, dr didn't send all the orders to the lab (the electronic system sent half to one lab and half to the other, uh they better fix that!), THEN they did give me print outs that I took to the lab but they just ignored the ones that was sent to the other lab and never said anything or even call the dr. Once I get the blood drawn at least that part is done, then I had to reschedule appt for 3 weeks.

Ronne, that's great that you've stuck with the yoga! how long do you do it each day? My rides are ranging from 1 hr 30 min to 2 hrs. I'm burning easily what I would burn if I did 2 1 hour spin sessions. My eating however has been terrible so no big weight loss, at least I can treat myself and not feel guilty! Foot feels pretty good, I can feel slight irritation right where I now know the extra bone is. So my plan is not to do anything that I know irritates it so that it can fully heal. That includes, walking, the wobble board that PT has me doing and obviously aerobics...but I'm not really missing that....I do miss leisurely walks with Suki, but after a ride I feel really good, it's just harder to get going on the bike than it is a walk.

OK, I've rambled......

Hello! Hope everyone is well. The heat finally broke here, thank goodness the humidity was brutal! Today did something, a metabolic workout. Ronne, how are you? I have been thinking that Wimbledon has started, are you goin this year? Lisa, complain away! Sometimes it does so good just to get it out! Doctors offices can be brutal! Especially getting thru to the office staff! Roxie, how's your head? Things are coming together for the party, food ordered, getting tents delivered on Thursday, will hit Costco on Friday for beer, pop, water, and extras. The weather looks like it will be perfect, 75, sunny and no rain! Fingers crossed! Mary

Hi ladies

Lisa - the sessions varied from 20 to 40 mins. Not too long. It was an intermediate level programme. Do you do anything else when you ride, e.g. go for a picnic or do some sightseeing?

Mary - yes, I am! Next Thursday, ladies semi-final day. Looking forward to it.

Didn't know what to do with myself today. Having to think for myself on exercise is strange! Did CSS as I thought it would be a good way in to cardio.
It's so miserable here. Looks like October outside, chucking it down.
DD goes off to Germany first thing tomorrow morning. It's going to be strange around here.

HI all. I am back. I had my surgery on the 6th and developed a rash from the surgical glue. It took some time to clear up but caused a bit of a setback. I am doing well now and am back at work. I was cleared for light exercise and am walking and riding the bike. I have two more weeks before I can start on weights again. I am looking forward to it.

Murphy

grrrr, I'm not sure what I did but I losst everything I typed, gah! Here goes again. Rode 21 miles, took bikeway into Boulder (cement path runs alongside the highway), there are big hills, got going down the hill into Boulder and up to 30 mph, so I slowed down, felt toooo fast! Suki barked in glee. Murphy, one more step forward! you are a trooper. Ronne, we try to get back before heat sets in plus Suki is very impatient when we stop (spoiled dog). How log will DD be gone for? Mary, sounds like a big party, nice weather too!

HI girls! Today did another YouTube workout, I found this lady body fit by Julia, she has a big selection and they are all full length, I do have to modify, some of her moves are way too much for me. Worth a look. Murphy, what a long road. Are you back full or part time? Ronne, I watched a bit of the Federer/Willis (I think that's it) was so happy for that man, he was so excited just to be there! Lisa, I hate when you type a long post then it disappears! Hi Roxie! Cleaning inside today, trying to make it look like no one really lives here! Lol! Tomorrow and Friday will hit the outside. We go on vacation Sunday. I just realized I forgot to get someone to watch the dogs! Agh! I'm so disorganized! Good day to all! Mary

Good Evening,

Doctor appointment this afternoon yearly check up sort of and my doctor was happy that I was maintaining my 6lb wt loss. My right ear opened up today so hopefully the vertigo will go away.

I did some floor exercises today. I plan to walk later. I really did not want to get up this morning.

Roxie - sorry to hear about the vertigo. I've had it and it can suck.
Mary - enjoy the vacation. I am back to work full time.
Lisa - that bike ride sides nice.
Ronne - does DD speak German? I hope she has a great time.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - good to see you. You've been through so much I'm impressed with your resilience. Well, I wouldn't say speak but she's doing it at school.

Lisa - I wouldn't want to go 30mph on a bike especially downhill. She's away for 10 days!

Mary - yes, I watched that match. It was fab, he did really well.

Well, we got up at 4.15 to take DD to school this morning! At least I managed to get back to sleep after. It's going to be strange around here.
Did KCM TLC conditioning workout. Much more doable without gloves.
Don't forget it's July tomorrow!!

Hi all! Today did a pyramid workout. Ronne, I know I'm not really looking forward to the quiet. I never thought id say that! Murphy, full time is rough. Lisa, your sweet Suki looked so exhausted! Roxie, congrats on the maintenance! That's hard too! Well, have to get mowing. I will see you when we get back! Mary

only 12 miles today, I think we all were tired, even suki. So we just cruised around. Roxie, that's great about maintaining. I'm a bit frustrated, I swear I gained after the patch, tried jeans on yesterday and got really down. I'm ready to throw out the patch. DH said what would happen if I did....I said I'd have fuzzy thinking, brain fog and not be able to sleep....he said, how is that any different than now? I feel the same way, I might ditch it and see what happens then in 3 weeks I to hormone dr I can tell her more then? I dunno, so confused. Mary, entertaining is tiring! Ronne, how in the world did you get back to sleep??????????????

only 12 miles today, I think we all were tired, even suki. So we just cruised around. Roxie, that's great about maintaining. I'm a bit frustrated, I swear I gained after the patch, tried jeans on yesterday and got really down. I'm ready to throw out the patch. DH said what would happen if I did....I said I'd have fuzzy thinking, brain fog and not be able to sleep....he said, how is that any different than now? I feel the same way, I might ditch it and see what happens then in 3 weeks I to hormone dr I can tell her more then? I dunno, so confused. Mary, entertaining is tiring! Ronne, how in the world did you get back to sleep??????????????

Lisa-you should ask about a troche with estrogen and progesterone

Roxie, yes, I'm going to ask about troche. Not sure how it is different from estrogen patch and progesterone pills, maybe body handles it differently. Do you think I should not take anything for a couple weeks and see how I feel so I can tell them before my appt? Seems you did this same thing....first patch, then tried nothing, then troche

Roxie, yes, I'm going to ask about troche. Not sure how it is different from estrogen patch and progesterone pills, maybe body handles it differently. Do you think I should not take anything for a couple weeks and see how I feel so I can tell them before my appt? Seems you did this same thing....first patch, then tried nothing, then troche

Lisa-I did an estrogen/progesterone cream before the troche but it wouldn't hurt so you can tell if they actually worked

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.