Weekend Check-In Sat May 28th-Sun May 29th,2016

~Elsie

Cathlete
Hello friends,

Hope your Saturday is going nicely so far. I have a very busy one with errands this morning & volunteering in the afternoon.
My workout this morning was RIPT90 Shoulder Pressure + a short segment from Sleek Tech dancing abs.

Henriette & Sandy, wow, you have pay so much to get dvds. Sucks. :( I do prefer downloads as they are 'greener' (and that is what I go with usually) although with some instructors like KCM for example, the premixes are really everything!
Hope you are having fun at the wedding Ceci! I love weddings.
Annette, when are you heading to Nevada? Have a good time! :)

Hi Elsie,

We head out tomorrow. It will be hot but we'll have fun.

Today I am down 30 pounds! !! WHOOOHOOOO!

Today I did 30 minutes of Taebo for a sweat fest with the temperature in the house at 79 degrees.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Annette, bravo!! You worked so hard and these results are really deserved! Elsie, I am in love with Cathe live, and in the future I think I will be using live workouts more and more and you tube also. There's so much out there. But there are definitely some workouts by KCM and Michelle Dozois I would really like to have handy on dvd. Today I did Cathe live High- low hiit. I will come back to this workout again because it has got something that you cannot find on her Ripped with hiit dvs: that is to say high and low impact hiit exercises mixed together. Beautiful, but. only doable with the air conditioner switched on as we had 28 degrees in the house!

Annette, so good for you!! :) Have a safe & lucky trip! Wear a sun hat!

Excellent workouts you two. You're right Sandy, Hi-Low is difficult to find these days.

I just need to vent a bit. I do not do any strict dieting or anything, but I try to eat very healthy, balanced & eat enough. Lately, my hormones have been all over the place (been having pms for weeks at a time) and I have really, really veered off when it comes to sugar. It does not feel great and I do not recommend it. lol.

Hi Elsie, sorry you are not feeling well. Sooner or later this will pass as everything is in constant change. I cannot resist eating something sweet at the end of my dinner, it' s a way to reward myself after a long day of work and stress (I have a very low resistance to stress!). So I don't lose any weight despite my workouts. I have to say that weight is not a big problem for me, I am not overweight though I would like to lose one or two kgs for my bikini outfit, lol).
Today I did another Cathe live workout, I did Legs with weights and ball. That was a tough one. I tried to modify a bit. For example for plie squats and lunges I put 10 Kgs weights into a backpack and did the exercises with that on instead of holding the weights. Not a great solution really, as it made me sweat a lot and I didn't really feel free in the movements. I think I shall use lighter weights in the future, instead. I do not own a weighted vest and I doubt I will find one that suits me. I am very short, the vests I found in Amazon are long and hinder certain exercises. Take care

Hi Girls.

I haven't been feeling super this weekend so I have taken a couple of days of rest. My stitches are bothering me and I am getting a cold and problems with my stomach.

Yesterday I coached a basketball tournament first half of the day. In the afternoon my son's new bike got delivered so we went for a ride to try it out and I relaxed crocheting in the garden. They's had forecast rain, but it stayed dry. Today was another day of basketball. The team my son hopes to play on next season was in the Dutch open final four. We stayed for both games as they won the first and were in the finals. In between the games I went for a walk and my son went off to play soccer. So I did move a bit today. The kids won the Dutch open championship by 3 points so that was great to see.

Tomorrow I hope to be back to my w/o's. Maybe I will put a bandaid over the stitches so they don't keep getting stuck in my shirt... But tonight I shall rest & crochet. ☺

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Excellent workout Sandy. I have been wondering about those weighted vests. That sounds like a smart modification. :) I am lucky so far to not have an issue with weight either, although I have just been so, so hormonal & overdoing it on sugar really makes me sluggish and just feel bad all over. Lately (again might be hormones) I have been having fluid retention issues in my midsection though.
Henriette, Hey, good job to you and the kids on your BBall win!! :) Nice to take a weekend off from workouts sometimes. I worked out yesterday, although I am not today. I just don't feel like it & have too many other things to do. I have many family events in June. Trying not to let it overwhelm me.
:)
Take care!

(Henriette, I really think you ought to wait for your skin to heal. Your workouts will be waiting for you!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.