Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/1

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

It's been pouring all night, we needed the rain but it can stop anytime now. No workout yesterday, except for agility class...and my knees were "talking to me" the rest of the day.

Lori, thanks for the info on the Thursday workout, it does sound good, even a longer warm up. Your description of the Christmas Tree Shoppes was right on. Above a Dollar Store, lots of good bargains. Do you cook dinner etc on a regular basis? I find that I don't know what to cook, we end up eating out way more than we should. I would definitely not let the dogs out alone with that coyote around...Yikes!

Valerie, hope the cable /phone issue was resolved yesterday. I don't think I would like that movie. I agree, the odors of cooking can be bothersome, but they go away pretty quickly, especially if its warm enough to open windows.

Caitlin, do you do 4 days, 1 day off regularly, so no regular "day" off like Sunday etc? a mix of weights and cardio? What is splatterpunk? I do mostly walking if I do it, and sometimes jog a bit, when doing an HIIT workout.

Judy, be careful with your shoulder. Taping sounds like it could help. I think the weights would be good for extensions etc, I forgot about leg curls...those too.

Edited to add: Judy, I found a way to have the Live work with my phone, no freezing or stuttering...do a hard reset, power off totally, take out the battery for about 30 seconds, then put back in and power up etc. Worked great today. Found by Googling...

Diane Sue, I think Barbell Upper Body Live is the one I like a lot.....funny, how we all differ in our workouts and what we dread ( barre for me )...I like my Android phone too...only it has issues with group texts from iPhone users...I am always left out! That is because Apple uses iMessage, instead of SMS which is what all other phones use. :(. I found a 3rd party message program that I am trying out, it seems to work better.

Lynda, I didn't realize that season 2 of Veep was now on Prime. Yay! I liked that a lot.

Josie, a long ride this weekend?

A workout hopefully, and a First Communion to go to this afternoon, Hope everyone is having a great weekend,

Take care,

Last edited:
We had a total meltdown last night. DH did something to the phone while trying to download pics to the desktop. He doesn't know what he did and they apparently are gone. every one. it completely screwed up the phone contact list AGAIN. there are a couple people I've edited now at least 12x. I think he accidentally did some kind of system reset.
I tried to email the pics to myself earlier in the day and it looked like it worked at the time, but nothing every came to either of our desktops. there were messages on gmail address on the phone, but when I go to gmail from our desktops, there is nothing there. we don't usually get email there, just a backup address. It messed up a bunch of things we'd added, like traffic sites, weather sites. some but not all. just like the phone contacts.... a few were duplicated, some deleted, and many stayed just fine. I swear, I am ready to go buy a damn flip phone and be done with this frustration. we will try an apple help line later to see if the pics are retrievable. It took out every single pic we had in there, not just ones from this weeks trip.
the cable people were out yesterday and have to come back to the outside connection on the pole possibly today. that is an addition irritation, don't think there's any connection to the phone issues.

we watched a R&R documentary last night called History of the Eagles. It's good...lots of old concert footage from 60's 70's. lots of other people both past and current. there's a second disk that starts up in 1993. I had it on my queue for ages but it's worth a watch if you were a fan of their music. lots of concert footage and explanations of how songs come together and also some unflattering things, so not a whitewash job but seems pretty honest.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did Live Total Body Tone Up (55 min.). I would give this one a 5. Very straightforward. She does 2 exercises for 16 reps most times and then repeats them with fewer reps. Lower body exercises are done several times in between the upper body, and she ends with a core section.

Valerie, I can't remember the website at the moment, but I used it for my Macbook Pro and went through the guide a couple times with this guy online. Judy gave me the site. I know there was also a guide to the iPhone and thought I might try to use it, except I really haven't had any problems with my iPhone (knock on wood). That is really a shame about losing all those photos. Nope, do not want to watch Room. I think it would give me nightmares. All those real-life stories of kidnappings and being held for years just disturb me a lot.

Lori, thanks for the description of the Christmas Tree Shoppes. I think there is one over in Albany at the Crossgates Mall, but I don't really get over there very often. I think this is mating season for coyotes. Little Nilla would definitely be in trouble. We can definitely hear them around here howling at times and I think they are very hungry this year because there was hardly any snow for them to bring down a deer. There's a novel by Barbara Kingsolver that made me sympathetic to coyotes--can't remember the title at the moment.

Deb, I enjoy cooking and always ask what Kim wants to eat, since he provides the meat, and then I plan out the week. We have Spicy Hoisin chicken last night and tonight, freshly made tagliatelle with shredded short rib meat sauce, a dan dan bowl with ground pork, and a sausage and pepper meal from Lidia's Italian cookbook. A salad every night which I try to vary. Tonight it's a spinach and Bosc pear salad with blue cheese crumbles and red onion rings (soaked in ice water for 30 min. to take away their sharpness).

Judy, maybe you can provide the info on that website for Valerie. I like to go out to eat, but once a week is enough for me. My shoulder is feeling pretty good now. I think I gave it 4 or 5 days of rest. It felt fine today. I have never tried taping.

Diane Sue, I am the one with the good sense of smell. My husband claims if he had my sense of smell he couldn't be a farmer. I don't mind cooking smells as much as perfume. I have one favorite fragrance--Amazing Grace lotion and shampoo/bath gel.

Welcome Caitlin! I think you were here before for awhile (?) if my memory is right.

Hi to Josie!

Back again. No, the pics are gone. Crap, I finally had some good ones. I guess the only thing to do is go back and repeat our trip from last week.

DH talked with an Apple person. they insist there is no conflict with Outlook and it should work fine. I re-edited some names and numbers and DH did some this morning, so we will see how it goes. last night I added back in some entries I was SURE I'd put in that totally disappeared. I know I out in Costco rx and tire center and they'd disappeared. I don't know what to think because I've had to redo multiple entries many times and I don't want to have to inventory my phione every day to see what might have appeared or disappeared for no reason.

Regardless, Judy, if you know the website Lynda is referring to, I'd love to have it. the book I bought is not very helpful. not worthless, but touts features more than explaining how to do anything.

Lynda, I was sure you said that you thought ROOM would bother you.... I actually enjoyed it and felt it offered a fairly hopeful, optimistic outcome for a awful, terrible experience trapped in this shed, and that the child would do fine. her inability to get out before this much time stretched believability for me.
Caitlin..I didn't mean to ignore your arrival... I was all caught up in the phone wars! I also remember you from a while ago.

My sense of smell is very unpredictable... when we are hiking or riding, when we pass people or they pass us, I can smell soap/perfume/shave lotion, those sweet sorts of smells. I can detect them from a long way away. I can smell curry from a mile away. I sometimes can't smell flowers close up, but if I back away I can. barnyard smells go heavy on ammonia! I can't smell "rancid". I get DH to sniff because I don't pick up on it.

Did a 2.5 hour mt bike this morning. much busier than it's been or we might have stayed longer.

Hello to all,

I will be 53 on my next birthday in May, and today I did close to an hour of Christi Taylor hi low, and my upper body. Ten years ago, I ran the NYC Marathon, but now, I slowed down so much I am a bit embarrassed to run outside. However, I will do it next week. Thank you for welcoming me to this check in. I work out for 6 days, and then I take the 7th off. I alternate between kickboxing, step aerobics, hi low and running. I am very slow now when I run.

I am selling my condo, and I am moving upstate to live in the Catskill/Hudson region with my dear boyfriend Frank. It is very hilly there, so I want to buy a car, join a gym, and start running on a treadmill. You can set a pace on the treadmill, and then it forces you to run at that pace. It is very hilly in Catskill, so I would have to run on the flat, and then walk on the hills.

Splatterpunk is extreme gore, sex and violence. I am Roman Catholic, but I still enjoy these novels. You can check out Tim Miller and Wade H. Garrett. The books for the Kindles have warnings on them. Does anybody here watch Game of Thrones?

I alternate my lower body and my upper body.

Deb, it seems I injure myself more doing the high rep faster paced stuff. My daughters and their families both have iphones and my son and his family all have androids. We group text and I only had one time that I didn't get my text back to them. It was sort of like standing by a group and they are all not noticing me talking. They were texting back and forth about doing some family event. Even my daughter in law was involved with her android. I kept asking what they were referring to and nobody would answer me. They never saw me. I got through to them the next day and they never saw the earlier messages I had sent. I have imessage on my android. I don't use it much. I always get warnings by the security protection that it may be unsafe. I just ignore it. I thought maybe it was my carrier except the other android family members use T mobile too.

Valerie, I am sorry that you are having that much of a problem with your new phone and losing the pictures. They used to show up on my computer as cache for some reason. I lost my pictures on one of my computers when I was downloading. For some reason I lost all of my pictures. I don't know what I did. My husband found them but now they are not in any order. I had them in folders by dates. I put them on a thumb drive because they were on my old laptop and once in awhile I work on dating them and trying to do folders. I swear there are thousands of pictures. I would probably enjoy the R & R documentary. I have revisited old record albums because my granddaughter got a record player and came over to spend the night and play some. She borrowed a few. It seems funny that the trend turned toward vinyl again. She paid way too much for old records.

Lynda, I don't enjoy watching movies where people are abused and locked away by some mentally disturbed person. I had an author I had been reading a lot of Christian studies from and decided to read her biography. She had mentioned her past in a lot of her books. It was depressing reading about her father leaving to go work the fields all day and her mother locking her in the closet under the stairs all day. A lot of mental abuse. She was an actress at one time and did bit parts and was on Glen Campbell's show. I pretty much will not watch abusive movies, gore, horror. I have been to movies with my husband in the past where I pretty much had my eyes closed through half of it. I want to enjoy the movie and to me that is not enjoyable.
I smell smells that no one else can smell. I called the gas company out to check for leaks once and the man tested it with his tester and said there was a tiny bit of a leak. He said I must have a good nose because most people would not notice. Now I notice it mainly around cold weather season. I guess maybe the cold temps does something ? I use essential oils and natural cleaners. I love a lot of the mild scents. Last night I cleaned everything in the kitchen with a lavender scent Melaleuca cleaner and when I left to get ready for bed and came downstairs I noticed there was a mild lavender scent in the air. It made me happy :)

Judy, thanks for the information on the KT Tape. I wear compression sleeves on my knees when I do intense cardio and leg work. I used to wear a foot thing for plantar fasciitis to bed wen I had problems with that. I don't know if that helped or not. I balanced on a foam roller and tried to loosen things up that way. I did that while I would blow dry my hair.

Caitlin, that is great that you were able to do a New York marathon. The Nautilus treadmill that I sold my daughter had marathon programs on it that you could set and it would pace you.

Judy, thank you. I will look at it tomorrow, too pooped tonight. I am not sure what DH did, he worked thru it with Apple support but they told him the pics are gone. we have the phone contacts all back in but if something happens again, I will call about that until I get an answer. I didn't imagine this but if it's better now I'm OK with that.

I talked to my sister and found out (3rd hand) that our brother is still in the hospital, 2nd toe was the issue, and it's done, gone. . but he is running a temp so he is still in the hospital. the problem is that the immediate problem may be the toe, but the toe got bad because the blood vessels "uphill" from the toe are not working well either. we will see how this sorts itself out.

funny how different we are.. I don't like smelling lavender much. it is so soapy smelling, I can taste it.

For a "rockumentary" the Eagles one is very good. they had segments of Jackson Brown, kenny rogers, Bob seger, Joni Mitchell, Lynda Ronstadt, Led zeppelin, Carole King, loads of others...... also the other groups all the Eagles guys were affiliated with before they joined this band. lots of concert footage. I never got to go to concerts so I love seeing what I "missed". we watched one a couple weeks ago on Ginger Baker (drummer) , and that was mostly a waste.... monumental self centered jerk.

I don't watch abuse, horror or gore or witchcrafty things, even corny ones. This was a drama. she was entrapped by this guy, and it was a little creepy, but it had a hopeful, optimistic outcome. not all was totally smooth, but what is? anyway, I thought it was interesting and not anything that would give me nightmares. it was not as "dark" as I expected.
I love to watch coyotes out hunting, and we often see them in Yellowstone. very interesting and intelligent. easier to watch and get close to than wolves. I get nervous with them near out house though, and the kitty gets more indoor time then. we also have a local bobcat who is around alot and then not seen for many months.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Phat 2. This is a great format, I wish she would do this type of weight work on one of her future DVD's.

Valerie, sorry to hear about your brother, hope he gets better. This may be what he needs to see that he needs to do something to take care in the future. Horrible that it came to this point. You are having a lot of woes with converting to this phone...makes me think twice when I almost consider getting one. I had my retirement party pics on my phone, but they were there in 2 different places, so stupid me decided to get rid of one set...nope, they all were deleted....I know how you feel. I guess they were not saved in the Cloud since you had an Apple person helping. I would think that would be the first thing they would check. My friend had her purse stolen a couple weeks ago, her iPhone was in it. She was so upset about her pictures being on the phone. When she got a new one, all her pictures were there, all had been saved in the cloud. LOL when you said "History of the Eagles" I was thinking the bird, not the band. I had a weird phone thing yesterday...text were coming in showing "person A" sending it in the header, but actually coming from Person B....really weird. I did a reset on the phone and everything fixed itself.

Lynda, thanks for the info and rating on that workout. Another good one to add to my "to do" list. Those meals sound like they are from a fancy restaurant menu!

Catlin, where about in the Catskills? My husband and I go to a little town, Deposit, NY where there are cabins on the Delaware river...very hilly there, beautiful places. I do a lot of reading and some books have violence but I don't think they were categorized as that.

Diane Sue, I know the feeling about being left out of group discussions....that is why I switched to a different message program...but as above, yesterday I had that weird issue with the wrong names shown...that could be embarrassing if you thought you were texting one person and it was someone else. Good thing I don't text much...only for very short questions etc. That is so great that your granddaughter is listening to vinyl....not many young people even know what they are.

Hi to Lori, Judy, & Josie,

A workout, then we'll see.....late class tonight...

Take care,

DH has "come around" on several things lately... so we will be keeping pics, at least some, in the cloud. we are lucky we didn't have a vast collection in there because they are vaporware now. he also finally agreed to amazon prime even though we probably won't use their streaming service. no need to fuss with the minimum order size, which keeps going up. more predictable shipping times too. I would rather buy things locally but it is getting to the point where most everything I need is only available online. I needed to replace my food processor work bowl and a lid for an ice cream maker and that's the choice... 3rd party thru amazon.
Ha Deb... I can see how that would happen as I am a bit of a birdwatcher too. Eagles aren't my favorite group but it's an interesting dvd that covers some of the music and artists of that era. it's put together well with mostly Henley, Frey, and Walsh doing much of the talking. great mix of old footage. I got it on a dvd thru Netflix.
Brother has been in the hospital since about last Monday or Tuesday. I hope this is the wake up call he needed to get on track and maybe turn things around, or at least hold in place. he's had diabetes too long with poor habits to expect existing damage to get reversed. I'm not sure how old he is, about 59-60.

we've ad a problem with email from one person attaching itself to a totally different thread. don't think it has anything to do with the phone, but sometimes things don't work as expected. Surprise surprise! this person has very old technology, not a real computer, so the message gets here but latched onto another unrelated message.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did Ice Sweat both workouts (46 min.).

Deb, most of the recipes I choose are easy to prepare. Sometimes the cooking time is long--the short ribs--but that's when the crockpot comes in handy. Kim did all of the shredding of the short ribs at the end and the tagliatelle was from Butoni at the supermarket and since it's fresh, takes only a minute to cook. I have a lot of favorite recipes from Rachel Ray that are fast and easy and others from Epicurious.com like the hoisin chicken one. I will have to check out the phat workout.

Caitlin, I have read all of the GOT books like Lori (although I thought they really fell off in terms of my enjoyment after Book 3) and I have watched all of the series on HBO. I think this season so far has been very disjointed and may have lost its moorings without anything from Martin to guide them. Last night was a jumble of moments, some of them EXTREMELY ugly. I wonder if the show runners know what they are doing, where they are going with so many fragmentary episodes. It's not like the big battles/invasions of the past that are slow-building plots. Splatter punk sounds too extreme for me. There's enough sex, gore, and violence on GOT. Good luck on your move! The Catskills are beautiful.

Valerie, I agree with Deb that maybe this is just the wake-up call your brother needs to take better care of himself. I hope he improves and gets out of the hospital soon. Sometimes hospitals are where people get even sicker with bacterial infections, scabies, staph infections, especially if your brother has an open wound. That is the site Judy told me about and I found the tutorial for my Macbook Pro extremely helpful. I went to a lot of rock concerts in my (misspent) youth, but that documentary sounds good. Yep, a lot of ammonia smells around farm animals. Only bad when there it's hot, humid, and airless.

Diane Sue, I have heard or read that lavender is supposed to be good for sleep. Any truth to that?

Lori, it's cold again here and gloomy and rainy. Ugh!

Hi to Judy and Josie!

Today I used my Treadclimber for 30 minutes 246 calories, Max Hr. was 160. I didn't get average because the Tread climber picks up the Bluetooth heartrate but I cannot use the Polar app at the same time. I then did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it legs Strength only premix, 31 minutes, 210 calories. I finished with Hammer and Chisel 15 minute glute chisel adding 2 sets of 50 calf raises with 30#, 20 minutes, 117 calories. Total time 81 minutes 573 calories.
Lift it Hit it legs
Squats 24 reps 25# each hand
Plie Squat 16 reps 45#
Static Lunge right 25# each hand 16 reps
Static Lunge left 25# each hand 16 reps
squats 24 reps 30# in each hand
plie squat 16 reps 45# dumbbell
wood chop lunge right 16reps 12# repeat on left
cross back lunge 20# 4 alternating then 16 reps repeat on opposite side
low pulse lunge 20# 10 right half/full, then 10 pulses repeat all on left
deadlift 16 reps 16 reps 30# each hand
deadlift 16 reps 30# each hand left
walking lunge 6 sets 4 steps then 4 back 15# each hand
Stretch

Valerie, that is too bad that you lost your pictures. Usually the device will ask you if you are sure that you want to delete so it seems odd that they would all be gone. My daughter drops all of her pictures into her Walgreens account so if she loses them or her house burns she can get all of her pictures back. I really don't like my pictures all being out there somewhere myself. I never went to a concert growing up. My husband and I saw Frankie Valley and the four seasons and some other groups perform at Knotts Berry Farm in California. We saw the Righteous Brothers and some other singers in Las Vegas and went to see Harry Connick Jr perform here. I enjoy all of those singers that you mentioned. I hope your brother starts taking care of himself.

Debbie, I liked PHAT 2. I kept wondering if the other one was similar. I have texted my daughters and sent the message to the wrong one. Lets you know that you should always be saying something nice :) I lost a bunch of pictures once when I traded in my own phone and got a new iPhone for $60. They had to get my stuff off of it and it was taking a long time for all of the pictures and they were getting ready to close. He opened up the cloud and said when it was done I could get them from the cloud. I never figured out how to get them. I called and he gave me instructions and it didn't work. So any that I had not put on the computer were gone.

Lynda, I don't know if lavender helps me sleep or not. I like to smell it but, I have not noticed. I use essential oils in a diffuser and like the scents but I seriously am still waiting for the results. I do know some fragrances can make me feel irritable. I had one mixture I had bought diffusing and I kept wondering why is smelled like mowed lawn in the house. Then later my husband was asking where that smell was coming from. It took me awhile to figure it out. The scent was called lighten. I started mixing something else into it. It was supposed to be a mood booster or something. The cleaners I use are very mild scents. I have to mix them with water and put them in the spray bottles unless I am using them undiluted. Christmas season they had a cranberry spice one that had a hint of cinnamon to. I really liked that one too.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Suzanne Bowen Advanced Lower Body Barre and 15 Minute abs. Today I did an 80 minute Spinerval. My heart rate average was 137 and max was 167.

Deb-I haven't tried Live Phat training. It sounds really good!

Valerie- The Eagles movie sounds good! I will have to check it out. Last week we watched "The Song Remains the Same", the Led Zeppelin film. I started watching some of the Foo Fighter's movies on Amazon, which led me to start watching documentaries on Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.

Caitlin-That's awesome that you ran the New York Marathon! I ran the Chicago Marathon 20 years ago. I turned 53 in December.

Lynda-Chris went to lots of rock concerts when he was young too. He still has all of his concert tickets and some souvenirs from concerts in the late 70's. Living in the Detroit area, he had access to some good ones. He was going to see Led Zeppelin when they toured the US in 1980, but then John Bonham died.

Diane Sue-I need to get some compression sleeves for my knees too. I'm the same way with movies-I can't stand to watch horror movies or extreme violence.

Hi to Lori & Josie!

Judy

Good evening ladies!

I just noticed I never hit post with the below yesterday evening....

Yesterday I ended up doing the kickbox portion of the live fitness fusion using my heavy bag, then CLX Push 2, then finally SB bridge target. Great combinations together. No workout this morning or at lunch. Tonight I did a cathe barre workout I made up using the old workout blender when it was functioning. Very intense plus I used my ankle weights. It was biting towards the end!

Valerie....so sorry with all the troubles you are having with your phone. Very fustrating.

Caitlin...I like some blood and guts in my books but to an extent. I read a few blake crouch,jack kilborn, konrath but that is as gory as I can get. Serial Killers had my heart racing a few times. How did you like GOT last night?

Lynda.... Knew that was coming on GOT and I am very pleased. It had a couple of "wow" moments for me especially the entire Ramsy scene. I need to rewatch it before next Sunday. I always watch them twice. Can't believe how miserable it was today. Poured like crazy here and so cold!!!

Deb...I like Phat 2 over Phat 1. I like the variety in the 2nd one better. I would love her to make dvd's similar to her Live workouts. She really has a winner with these. But so many can not stream and take use them.

Diane Sue...great workouts as always. I have yet to try H&C. I have the workouts just have not pulled them pulled them out yet. One of these days. Phat 1 uses a barbell. I subbed dumbbells and it is a great workoit but I think she improved on it with Phat 2.

Hi to Judy and Josie!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did a Cardio Coach workout on the treadmill. Nice, but my knees are bothering me for some reason, I think it's still that Live workout I did the other day. I have marked that one down and a "never do again".

Valerie, I don't know how pictures get deleted from the Cloud...I thought that was the whole reason for using it for backup.

Lynda, do you get your Rachael Ray recipes on line? There are 2 PHAT workouts, both are good, I think I liked Phat 2 a little better. This would be a good format for a future weight DVD. I also heard about lavender and helping you sleep and tried it, but it didn't do anything for me. I think its supposed to help you relax.

Diane Sue, using an outside account like Walgreens for pics is a good idea. Agree on Texting....you have to be careful if you are doing group texts...I don't like texting much, its a necessary evil with my family. Some of them are addicted to their phones and spend way too much time texting.

Judy, good workout! Did you try the hard reset and battery removal on your phone yet?

Lori, I forget that Phat 1 uses a barbell.....I should go back and do that one again. I would like Cathe to do a Live 4 week rotation, that would be fun. I'm with you on the violence in some books, sometimes I just skip over it, and continue reading when it's over. I don't need to read all the gory details.

Hi to Josie, and Caitlin,

A workout, then staying in to do stuff around here....

Take care,

I did Hard Strikes with two pound gloves, and high reps for my legs. I used to post in the checkin for people with physical problems because my breasts are too big, and I also have to wear a McDavid knee brace. My breasts are implants, and the stupid doctor made me a double D, which a short person who is only 5'1" and 115 pounds. Every time I see his office gutted, I am glad. I hhave to wear
Enell bras in a size 1, and they are all stretched out. Frank bought me the heart rate Polar FT4, and now I have to ask him for another Enell bra.

Hi everyone--

This morning I did Live Legs with Weights and Barre (53 min.). A very good workout and I can see how you could stop when barre begins if you did not want to do it.

Deb, I have 4 Rachel Ray cookbooks. I have never watched her on TV. What was that workout that made your knees feel sore? I want to remember not to do it. Glad you can see Veep on Amazon Prime.

Judy, I went to concerts when they came through Chicago. Still remember seeing Grace Slick and Jimmy Hendrix at Wrigley Field. Loved the Rolling Stones concerts too. Still love Led Zeppelin. I have a lot of old vinyl and wonder if some of them are now worth money.

Lori, I am skeptical of GOT and all the new questions raised. Will Jon Snow continue as the Lord Commander of the Watch? What will he be like after being resurrected--normal???? What will the loose dragons do? Are Bran's visions of the good old days the promise of a spin-off or simply back information that we need for something that happens later? As for Ramsay, won't his treachery bring down the wrath of Walder Frey?

Caitlin, is there any way you can do breast reduction surgery? That sounds awful. I wore a knee brace for awhile a long time ago, but I'm not sure it really helped me. Is it for stability when doing some workouts?

Diane Sue, those are some really impressive weights you are using for legs. In the one I did today, Cathe uses 10 lb. Dumbbells. But she also does the band and barre and disk. Lots of variety.

Hi to Valerie and Josie!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it hit it back, biceps, and shoulders with abs 2 and added the stretch to the end. 65 minutes, 333 calories. I then did Hammer and Chisel 10 minute ab hammer 12 minutes 46 calories. I finished off with a Fitness Blender shoulder and neck exercises & stretches workout that uses a stability ball. I only did one set of the moves and uses 3# dumbbells and followed with the stretches which were good, 17 minutes, 26 calories. The go through a group of neck and shoulder flexibility and strength moves at 16 reps each 3 times. Total time was 93 minutes, 405 calories. My Bluetooth heartrate monitor decided to torment me with erratic readings and I gave up stopping and changed to the watch and regular transmitter.
Weights today
one arm row 12 reps 37.5; 37.5 ; 37.5
finisher 35# barbell row & green band 20 reps
Pullover 40# dumbbell 12 reps 40; 40; 40
barbell row 35# finisher & 21 reps supine band pulls
one arm angled row 12 reps 30; 30; 30
seated 1 arm band pulls 20 reps
rear delt flys 15 # each hand, 12# each, 12# each
one arm band pull 20 reps
prone rear delts 5#, 5#, 5# each hand(I do not like these)
finisher seated band pulls
biceps curls barbell 12 reps 45#; 40#, 40#
finisher W curls with 10# dumbbells 20 reps
concentration curl 12r x 22.5#. 10r x 20#, 10r x 20#
finisher barbell crazy 8's 24 reps 30#
simultaneous standing hammer curls 12 reps 17.5, 15#, 15# pair for all
finisher barbell crazy 8's 25#

I have to run some errands so I will come back in awhile to read everyone's posts.

Hi Everyone,

Today I did SB Total Body Barre and 15 Minute abs, then I did Cathe Live Phat 2. I really like that workout! I used light weight for the upper body moves. I will do this one again soon.

Deb-Today I used Chris's basement computer to stream the workouts. I don't know why I didn't try this before. All I have to do is rearrange my gym so that I am facing the computer monitor. The streaming through Windows and Internet Explorer worked fine. I will still try to get the Apple TV streaming to work but at least I have a good alternative to use.

Lori-that sounds like a great Cathe barre workout that you did! I'm not ready to try the ankle weights yet, but I will soon. I will have to try Phat 1 too.

Caitlin-Great workout! Awesome that you used 2 lb gloves! I have them but I haven't used them that often.

Lynda-Those are some awesome concerts that you went to! That Live leg workout sounds really good. I will have to try that one soon too..

Diane Sue-Great workout! Doing pullovers with a 40 lb dumbbell is very impressive! I don't even have a 40 lb dumbbell yet. The heaviest I have used for pullovers is 25 lbs.

Hi to Josie & Valerie!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.