Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for February

Today I did my version of Cardio Coach #2. Had a pretty good workout. My right knee is really bothering me so I was really careful while doing this workout. Not sure what's going on with it again.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.62 miles, burned 241 calories (treadmill said 370) and went 5232 steps.

Then I did the ab work from Cardio & Weights and the stretch from C&W.

Diane Sue
- Me too, love my Fitbit. Sorry you had such issues to deal wit. I hope that Fedx guy gets fired. Stupid *ss people!!!

Hope you all have great workouts today!!!

Today I did Chisel Endurance and 10 minute Ab Chisel 48 minutes, 239 calories. I then did Some of Party Rockin Step 1, going to the chapters and doing the bonus 2 combo 6, then doing the finished all combos and stretch, 23 minutes, 151 calories. Total time was 71 minutes and calories burned 390. This is only the second time that I have done Chisel Endurance in this 8 week rotation. It was there 1 more time but had the option of Chisel Power and I used it instead. It is 60 seconds done for each move. Some include some weights and some are moves like negative pull ups( hard to do timed and while sore) , run ups, decline push ups to name a few. I used 12 and 15# for the weighted segments.

Full Body Rotation again, same workout as last Friday but in Superset form. Had a great workout.

Warm-up: GS Chest & Tri's

2 sets/15 reps - 2 minute rest between each set superset

SS #1
Weighted Bench Dips
- 45#
Dumbbell Curls - 17's

SS #2
Barbell Calf Raises
- 135# - used leg press station
Lateral Raises - 12's

SS #3
Bent Over Raise
- 13's
Incline Flyes - 22's

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1.25 mile and did the stretch from Gym Style Legs.

Today the schedule was either Max Hammer Strength or Hammer Build Up. I was really on the fence on which to do. Hammer Build up hits arms and abs while Max Hammer Strength does not. I finally chose to do Max Hammer Strength , 38 minutes, 168 calories, then I did Hammer Build Up rnd 5,6,7 which was biceps, triceps, and core 16 minutes, 76 calories. I finished off with 15 minute leg hammer which was suggested with Build Up. Total time was 72 minutes and calories burned 372. This is my last week of the Hammer and Chisel rotation. Sunday of course is my rest day so 3 days next week.
Max Hammer Strengtb
each exercise is a 30 sec pre-fatigue and then an 8 rep heavy
reverse lunge R 27 rep
reverse lunge right heavy 27.5# each hand
repeat left
push up 33 rep
bench press heavy 27.5# each hand
squat 28 rep
shoulder squat heavy 31.5# each hand(holding the weights at shoulders kind of limits how much I can lift)
pull up 22 rep (I used heavy tubing and door attachment
pullover heavy 40#
good morning 20 rep
stiff leg dead lift 40# each hand
chin up tubing 30 reps
1 arm row right 40#
1 arm row left 40#
stay low sumo 46 reps
sumo squat heavy 43#
band military press 27 rep
military press 20# each hand
split squat right 29 rep
step up right 20# each hand
split squat left 28 rep
step up left 20# each hand
ledge calf raise 38 reps
seated calf raise 40# each hand
Build up
rnd 5 20 sec standard curls 20# each hand;
20 sec hammer curls 20# each hand
15 sec concentration curl right 20# the 15 sec concentration curl left
rotation curl 30 sec 20# each hand
rnd 6 all moves 30 sec dips 16 reps
kickbacks left 15#
kickbacks right 15#
skull crusher 20# each hand
rnd 7 all 30 sec
med ball plank hold
med ball mountain climber
windshield wiper with med ball right 8 reps (this goes to the side then middle tap with ball in feet. I used 5# instead of 8
repeat windshield wiper left

Nice workout again Debbie

Roselyn, are you doing a Max 30 rotation? Is it cardio only? I doubt I would want it though. I got rid of my main set of Insanity. Too much for my knees and I just got bored with it. I just have the deluxe set which is enough if I want to do an Insane workout. I hate the warm ups on Insanity. I need a warm up for the warm up.

Today was Chisel Cardio, 38 minutes, 221 calories. It also had 15 minute glute chisel, 17 minutes, 92 calories. I also added on the bonus dvd Masters Cardio 17 minutes, 115 calories. I think I have only tried that one once. It is generally the second choice if you don't want to do Hammer Plyometrics or Chisel Agility. Total time was 72 minutes, 428 calories. I got my Polar HR7 transmitter back today. I am wondering if they did anything to it. They sent a not saying try wetting the electrodes possibly electromagnetic interference. Since I always wet it and do what it says that seems silly. Plus it was working fine at first. I guess I will see when I use it again. Funny today I was adjusting things after I finished Chisel Cardio, since glute chisel just needs a med ball. We had a pretty strong earthquake for Oklahoma. My weights were rattling together and blinds clattering. The whole room was shaking. We have had a lot of smaller ones lately. There has been a lot of stuff on the news here about it and what is causing them here. Gerite, my dog got up and took off downstairs :)

Yesterday was Bulk Arms.

Today I did Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge and Bulk Back

Diane Sue, yes I have Max 30, my neighbor gave it to me. It is cardio, there is a Tabata Sweat that has some muscle work in it (dips pushups abs), I really do like it so far, only 30 minutes, I have maxed out on some at about 8 minutes but you are supposed to jump right back in

This is week 3 of Full Body. Had a great workout today.

Warmed up with Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps.
4 sets 5 reps with 1 minute rest between each set.

Barbell Row: 67#
Barbell Chest Press: 80#
Leg Press Station: 145#
Stiff Leg Deads: 67#
Barbell Curls: 45#
Close Grip Bench Press: 65#

Then walked 1 mile on my treadmill. Did some of my own stretching.

Today was Hammer Plyometrics 26 minutes, 152 calories followed by 15 minute leg Hammer, 18 minutes, 128 calories. I added on Ripped with Hiit Abs #1, 10 minutes, 47 calories. workout time was 54 minutes and calories burned 327. We had to take my car in for a recall. I wish they would make vehicles that work right without having to do this.

Roselyn, I will have to go see if I can find some video clips of Max 30. My joints don't handle as much jarring as they used to. Is the cardio similar to his other stuff?

Debbie, good workout as usual :)

Today I walked on my treadmill for 2.5 miles. I didn't want to run due to my knees not feeling very good. Maybe Thursday I'll do a short Cardio Coach.

Diane Sue - I agree why can't the car manufacturers make cars right the first time? Ridiculous. Nice workout yesterday!!!

Today I did not do the Hammer and Chisel workouts on the rotation. My neck and shoulder were hurting a lot all night and this morning. I went back over the workouts and I think I overdid Max Hammer Strength Friday because it was cardio on Saturday and Sunday was a rest day. I think the plyo push ups and pull ups made matters worse yesterday. So, today was The bonus step from Kelly Coffey's Strength and Stamina, 22 minutes followed by Intensity low impact Hiit and stretch segments, 20 minutes. I finished off with P90X3 Yoga, 30 minutes. I also did a 5 minute warm up before I started. I tried to get online to use fitness blender and I kept losing the internet so gave up. Total Time was 73 minutes, and calories burned 377. Hopefully the pain is better tomorrow so I can finish my last two workouts. I may have to wait a few days.

Full body again today, had a pretty good workout.

Warmed up with GS Shoulders, Back & Biceps.

4 sets/8 reps with 1:30 min. rest between each set.

Arnold Press: 20's
Squats: Skipped
Hammer Curls w/Twist: 20's
Weighted Bench Dips: 52#
Incline Barbell Press: 70#
Pullovers: 35#

Only walked for .75 miles since this workout took over 42 minutes.

Something weird has been happening to me and I'm starting to get a bit worried. When I wake up in the mornings (but not every morning) my right hand is swelled up pretty bad. Reminds me of the Pillsbury Dough Boy's hand. It happened a few months back and not since and then this morning it was swelled up again and is still a bit swollen. I lay on my arm on my right side every night and I know last night I didn't move. I'm wondering if that could be why, the circulation is getting cut off? I don't know, if it keeps happening I'm going to go see my doctor. Anyone experience anything like this? Could be menopause as well I suppose.

Today I did a 15 minute warm up using fitnessblender.com , Pedal Power 59 minutes , finishing with Les Mills Flow 20 minutes. 94 minutes, 544 calories. I also did YouTube Sarah Beth Yoga deep stretch neck and shoulders. I did not use that one with my calorie burn as it is a slow relaxed stretch. I have used it a lot.

Debbie, I have joints that swell and are painful particularly when I don't move when I am sleeping. Nothing that sounds quite like what you are describing. Things get worse sometimes when I am lifting heavy and it stresses the hands.

Yesterday I did Bulk Back in the morning and Max 30 tabata Sweat in the afternoon.

Today I did Sweat Intervals.

Diane Sue the cardio is pretty much the same as Insanity, although there is a modifier split screen track, I usually have that on so I can switch to that if I need to.,

Today I did Cardio Coach #3 and had a great workout. Love this one, it's my favorite. I also did KP&C Abs. Love that one as well!!!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.49 miles, burned 249 calories (TM said 372) and went 5464 steps. :)

Diane Sue - I'm wondering if I have arthritis. My fingers ache sometimes. I hope the swelling doesn't happen again. It's worrying me.

Today we have a plumber coming so I got up early and did a quick workout. I did Intensity Step Only premix, plus a bit extra warm up, 41 minutes, 307 calories.

Debbie, it could be arthritis. Mine will swell some overnight but improve once I am up and moving I guess the circulation helps it go back down. I have had them swell up when irritated and almost look purple. But usually when they are like that I have pain with it. I take Collagen type II with fish oil that really helps a lot. Nordic Naturals Omega Joint formula. When I stop I really notice the difference in pain and swelling.

Roselyn, having the modifier in a corner of the screen would be good. Thanks.

Today was Full Body and had a great workout. This one was 15 reps and it's always a killer.

Warmup was GS Shoulders, Back & Biceps

3 sets/15 reps, 2 minutes rest between each set

Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's
Hammer Curls: 5's
Pushups: All on toes
Double-Arm Row: 15's
Split Stance w/Bar: 35# (only did 2 sets due to my knees)
Seated Front Raise: 8's

Only had time to walk .5 miles today. With such a long rest period, this workout take over 40 minutes.

Diane Sue - My hand has been ok yesterday and today. Not sure why it swells every once in a while. Ii have been very conscience of not sleeping on my arm all night so maybe that is what it was?

I guess I forgot to post yesterday. I did Total Body Chisel but lowered the weights to a little over what Autumn used for most moves which is about half what I would normally do. I modified a few moves like he step up and curtsy back move with the dumbbells held at the shoulders. I did not hold them at the shoulders. I followed hat with 15 minute Glute chisel and finished with Tony Horton One on One Patience is a Hummingbird yoga. Total time was 89 minutes and calories burned 361.
Today I started to attempt Hammer Power but I only did the warm up and the light set of overhead presses and that was it. I could tell there was no way I was going to be able to do the heavy stuff. It hurt to do the light and I had went extra light with 8#. I switched to 10 minute ab hammer that was on the schedule, then did 10 minute ab chisel as well. I then did the Masters Cardio bonus workout, 17 minutes, 109 calories, and finished with Piyo Strength dvd, Strong Legs, 26 minutes, 135 calories. Total time was 77 minutes, 345 calories.

Debbie, when I first started having problems with my hands at night it was not every night. I have to be careful and move during the night because if I don't I will wake up in pain and have to pry my fingers open a lot of the time. Much cracking goes on. Once in awhile if I keep up anti-inflammatory diet and really monitor what I take and do it does help and that will all let up for awhile. I quit taking my joint supplements and most all vitamins once in awhile. Even reading on Glucosamine Chondroitin on the Mayo Clinic that it is generally safe for up to 6 months. So, I think it is best to take breaks.

This is week 4 of Full Body. This is the same workout as last Monday, only in superset form. Had a great workout today.

Warmed up with Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps.
4 sets 5 reps with 1 minute rest between each set.

SS #1
Barbell Row:
65#
Barbell Chest Press: 80#

SS #2
Leg Press Station:
155#
Stiff Leg Deads: 65#

SS #3
Barbell Curls:
45#
Close Grip Bench Press: 65#

Then walked 1 mile on my treadmill. Did some of my own stretching.

Diane Sue
- I was taking joint supplements for a while and they never seemed to help much. I might go back to taking some. Hands have been ok lately.

Have a great workouts everybody!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.