Starting ICE 1/4/16

Started Week 3 yesterday. Boot Camp Circuit was yesterday, and it's a little cool that yesterday was only the 2nd time doing the workout. I mean, there are so many workout choices that you aren't repeating the same workouts as much. Anyway, the first time I did it (1st day), I had to stop 3 times for extra breaks to catch my breath, but I was able to get all of the way through this, even talking to my husband at one point when he had a question.

Icy Core 1 only had to rest here or there but did the entire thing! Woo hoo!

Today was the mat legs and butt workout again. The first two moves are still really challenging. I also find side plank with a leg lift a challenge. I can do it much better on one side than the other. Won't it be cool when that move will be a no brainer.

I echo Lea's comment about feeling energized with this program. I wonder if it's because of only have 5 days of working out per week? So, having 2 rest days? I guess we'll see once I head to Level 2.

Lea - good for you for walking. But, try and enjoy the rest days. I know what you mean about sticking to a regular wake-up time, though. On those later days, I still try to sleep in a little, though, about 1/2 an hour to give myself extra rest but not totally differ from my "normal" wake up time. Some days, I just need the extra rest (because of going to bed late the night before or it's just the end of the week, etc.), so I have been giving myself permission to rest. It has done wonders for my energy level.

Yesterday - Upper Body. Today - Cardio 1 and Abs 2. I was tired today, but I still got a good workout. I realized when I was doing it that it didn't seem too hard, but then I also realized that, because I was tired, I was stepping some moves rather than jumping. That's when I reaffirmed why I like the low impact. I can make it as tough or as easy as I want or need to. Today, I just needed to make it a little easier. And, it was great!

I started doing the THM eating program two days ago. I've lost 1 1/2 pounds, but I said I wasn't going to weigh myself! I'm going to try and refrain from weighing myself for the next few days and just concentrate on how I feel.

Today was Lower Body Chisel blast. Good workout, but by Friday, I was a little tired because I've had a few late nights of work. The late nights have also meant not meeting my step goal for a couple of days this week. Since the weekend is workout-free, I'm going to do my best to walk a bunch, but we'll see. I might instead take it as a good rest time, catch up on resting, reading, doing nothing.

Week 4 Level 1 starts Monday!

I've been keeping up with everything. Monday, my allergies were in high gear, so I only did 1/3 of the Boot Camp workout, which was a bummer. I didn't realize it was allergies. I thought I was getting sick.

Today, I was a little better armed, so I got through all of Low Impact Cardio 2, though with a lot of nose blowing! I hope this allergy thing doesn't last too long. I've had so much energy up until now.

I'm sure it also doesn't help that work has kicked in. My clients were pretty quiet at the start of the year, which allowed me to move more, have more time away from the computer, and get more steps in. Now, I feel more stuck. I was getting annoyed by it today! 6 weeks until my vacation, so I'm looking forward to it and will just have to give my all until then!

Tomorrow is the metabolic workout. It's a little weird not having done that since Week 1. I have no memory of it! :)

Lea, how is Level 2 going?

Started Level 2 yesterday. It was a little weird to start with Rock em Sock em, when that was the workout we did on Saturday. However, it was a chance to do it better, which I did.

Hard to believe that they used 12 pound weights for all of the triceps exercises. That would have been hard for me. I started with 8s for the first round and then went down to 5s for the next two. Even that was hard.

Today was To the Mat. I do like that one.

Tomorrow is a long workout with everything that it thrown in -- abs AND the muscle meltdown, making it 74 minutes. I'll have to see how I do on time and maybe do the abs later in the day. I'm hoping I can get it all in, though, because then I might not come back to it!

This weekend, I had intended to get more steps in since I joined the weekend step challenge on FitBit. But, Sunday, I hit a wall and ended up taking a 2 or more hour nap. I guess I really needed it!

I had to skip my Level 2, Week 2, Day 1 workout today. :( I've been fighting a bout of what I guess is a stomach virus. So, I didn't sleep well last night and not sure if I would have been up to the workout. At any rate, somehow I turned off my alarm on my FitBit and went back to sleep without noticing!

I thought that since Wednesday is an off day, I will just switch Mon/Tues workouts to Tues/Wed and then work straight through the week. It will depend on how I feel tomorrow, also.

I'm still really enjoying the workouts. And, I really like the added muscle work.

Hi Girls, do you mind if I join you? I was checking in with another poster (on the ICE level 2 rotation), but she suddenly left the forums. I loved checking in bc it held me accountable. I'd love to be held accountable again[emoji3].
Jen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Jen. Sure! What day are you on? I just finished Level 2, Week 2, Wednesday. I wasn't feeling well on Monday, so I shifted Mon/Tues to Tues/Wed. So, today I did Rock'm Sock'm and Triceps. I'm in awe that they use 12s and 15s for the tricep work. Maybe I'm just a normally weak person. I started with 8s and had to move down to 5s during round 2.

Tomorrow is Metabolic Total Body and Chest for me.

Just went to check off my workouts in the Workout manager, and none of my Level 2 workouts were there! Something must have gone wrong, or I did something wrong. At any rate, I got it fixed.

I keep seeing the Cathe Deal of the Day on Facebook. I was really intrigued by this one DVD that has these 10-minute segments. You can do one, some, or all. Does anyone know what that is called? I want to keep an eye out for it. I might order it. I just thought it was a bit too soon to order it since I just basically started Level 2.

I looked ahead to Level 3, and I don't think I'll be doing that because I just won't have the time to fix all that in. The most I might do is add in the Blizzard Blasts on the weekend, when I will have more time to workout. As it is, some days of Level 2 are just so long.

mrschi,
Thank you! I was in week 2 of Ice level 2 before I went rogue with some insanity and TJ. I'm telling you, when I don't have a check-in buddy, I stray.
I usually wake up early to do workouts, but I chose today as my off day. Tomorrow, I'm back to ICE level 2. Not sure which workout is up next, but I'll report when done.

A bit of background on me.... I absolutely love Cathe's workouts and this forum. I've been a member for 16 years! I have 3 small children, am married and I'm a reading teacher for kids in k-2nd grade.
I'll share more tomorrow. I have to get up and get ready.

Don't go rogue! :0 But, seriously, for home workouts, I've mostly only done Beachbody with a small foray into a Jillian Michael's program (some big one she has, only have done it once) and then we almost completed a round of Rush Fit that I bought the hubby a few years ago. The BB programs, I've done for year, and repeatedly. Never got into Insanity, though. When I did that, I got plantar faciitis. Tried it again a few years later and within days, my foot started acting up. So, that was when I confirmed jumping craziness is not for me.

So, that is why I like (love) the ICE program so far. Really gets my heart rate up there but I don't have to do crazy tuck jumps or a million air jacks. Maybe some of Cathe's other programs are higher in intensity, but this one is just right for me.

Looks like I have chiseled lower body, shoulders, AND abs tomorrow. I guess I better get up early to get it done!

I'm pretty sore, and I've only worked out 4 times this week so far! Tomorrow is Boot Camp and then biceps for my muscle work. My biceps are the only body part not sore, so I should be pretty good.

Great job! I'm restarting the rotation-level 2. Yesterday, I did Rock em. I didn't have time to do triceps. I'm just about to start To the Mat L&G, then I'll do the triceps from yesterday. I love this program too! By the way, my feet were hurting after insanity.

I finished to the mat and triceps a few minutes ago. Wow-those circular motion with legs is brutal! My 10-yr old son came into the room and said the leg lifts looked easy, and he did about 10. I told him to do the other side with me, and he complained how hard it was and gave up. Ha!

I would agree on the leg lift things!

Today was Chiseled Upper Body for me. 42 minutes almost seemed short compared to what I'm now used to. [emoji3]

Today was Low Impact Cardio 2 and then Back for the muscle work. Proudly, I did go up in weight on some of the rows. Not at 20s yet for those, but used 17.5 s for some of it. Getting stronger and I feel like my muscles are getting tighter and lifted every day. Even if the scale isn't going down (stuck between 113 and 115).

I've been keeping up with my schedule and am almost done with Level 2, Week 3. I think I'm going to push Sunday's workout to Monday and then alter the last week. Doing 6 days a week of 1 hour more more workouts while getting less than 8 hours of sleep and trying to keep up my step count on FitBit has started to take a toll on my body. Some older injuries that had gone away are starting to flare up. One is an arm injury that plagued me for months and had also sent me to PT. If it still seems to be lingering my Monday, I might take a day or two more. I feel bad about that, but I just know it is not worth it to me to be out of commission.

I'll still be trying to put in a good number of steps, though.

Hey there! Today, I did Boot Camp Circuit followed up by Bicep Muscle Meltdown. My effort on Bootcamp was "ehh", but I did make it all of the way through Bicep. I had hoped that taking an extra day off between workouts would help my arm, but sadly that was not the case. I could feel it flaring during the workout. I was careful to keep my pounds lower, but that won't be enough.

I got my copy of Cathe X10 in the mail, so I am going to work up a schedule that limits the Muscle Meltdowns to 3 times a week, so that I can get my arm to heal. And, I'm going to incorporate the X10 workout into the schedule along with ICE, see if I can shift the focus to lower body, core, and cardio, so that I can give my arm more time off and hopefully not flare it up to where I can't do anything with it, which has been the case previously. I'm hopeful but cautious. I might through in a PiYo workout here or there, too.

I've got just 2 1/2 weeks before I head to Hawaii for 5 day and then Florida for another week for vacation. I'll probably take it easy on the workouts while on vacation, just getting in some walk time, though I think we do have zip lining on the agenda.

So, not sure yet what tomorrow's workout will be. But, I will definitely be here doing something!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.