Damage Control February

Hi all,

Yesterday I did the rotation workout Supercuts with 8's and 5's. I did not use the stretch band at all for the tricep extensions, the across the shoulder, or anything. I just don't like the band except for back and some lateral/posterior shoulder lifts. I subbed the medicine ball for the over the shoulder throw and did lying extensions for the triceps. My rear delts are sore today. The rotation says to do burn sets BCS, but I think I'll do a leg workout-Leaner Legs is calling to me! This is why rotations are so hard for me to follow! If my back wasn't this sore, I'd do it, but I really feel like I have to listen to my body and avoid injury. I'll probably do the kickbox tomorrow then do a combined upper body on Friday-maybe PUB to catch up on upper body workouts. Sat. is CLB from Ice and Sunday is rest.

LL, I agree with Diana, you are making gains and it's noticeable even if you don't notice! A couple days of eating clean and you'll be back on track.

Diana, we have to do our taxes, soon, too.

What are you guys getting your husband's for Valentine's Day? Anything? I ordered a salt lamp that filters the air. It kind of glows and he has allergies to dust so I figured it would help!

Off to do legs!

Beth

Beth-I've been thinking about Supercuts too! I find it hard to stick with a rotation too. I feel guilty mainly when I can't to what's lister or have to to a premix to make the wo shorter.

Rice is cooking, I think I'll try to get a wo in before dinner and my WW meeting tonight. I've been thinking about X10 even though XTrain cardio and a body part that's not biceps is on my list for today. Or PRS, I heard the Taylor Swift song today that reminds me of the crescent leg rolls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ICE Metabolic Training Blizzard Blast Muscle Meltown Back this morning

Wow, LL you did back to back back workouts! Your back will be feeling it!

Today I did Rock Em Sock Em main workout with BB-about an hour. I feel energized rather than spent. Yesterday I ended up doing PLB to balance it with PUB tomorrow. I love doing kickbox after a leg day to stretch the muscles a bit without too many squat moves.

Beth

Only because I took off Tuesday. I

'm really down about my weight. I went to Legion Transformation Center last night for the orientation, 6 week lose 20 pounds. Not free as advertised, deposit with option to get refunded. But I can't shell out $250 for an unknown and I'd have to be there 20 min away, 5 days a week45 min each time, joint a FB group and other surveys and stuff. It's too much to undoable.

Instead I'm going to try a boot camp 30 min 10 min away for a week free, no strings attached and then have the opportunity to buy a groupon for $55 for 6 weeks and I'll probably only go 3 times a week. What I'm looking for is more accountability and nutrition. I hope to start Monday.

Hi Ladies,

My chest is so sore from GS C&T yesterday. I used 30's for the first set then dropped to 25's for the rest. This morning was BR day 3, and at lunch I did SS lower body blast premix. I carry my weight in my lower body so it tends to need more work. I don't have to worry about abs because those are covered in the BR w/o's. Tomorrow will be GS BSB and I'm going to try to add the Biceps MM.

I started our taxes last night, and discovered I need to get the details on my HSA's, contributions and money used. I hate all this bookkeeping stuff. It doesn't help that I had 3 different employers and 3 different HSA's. If I want the deduction for the home office, I need to get all our utility bill costs for the year. I may just see what the standard home office deduction does for me. For my job though I had to buy a desk, a monitor, and a printer. I don't think I'll get the full deduction if I don't itemize this year.

Beth-we aren't big valentines day celebrators. We'll probably watch a movie together and go to dinner. Not sure about dinner since I'm doing this cleanse. Definitely listen to your body. It's nice to have a rotation to follow, just don't get too worked up if you miss a w/o. I just picked up where I left off, no worries.

LL-Nice job with your w/o's!!! You just have to find what motivates you. How is WW going for you?

Waving Hi to Tina.

bbl

Diana, WW isn't going well, mainly because if not been tracking! I'm trying to track better this week! What is SS? Sounds like your doing great on your wo's too!

Wow, everyone is kicking it up a notch with their workouts! Way to get through this winter! :) This week has been RWH and ICE mish mosh. Yesterday was ICE BC in the a.m. and XT BS biceps with DS (he used 20's for the concentration curls and 15's for the rest :) ) and PP (premix of 40 min) in the evening. I'm thinking ICE MT this morning. Next week we're back to XT.

Diana, we haven't started STS yet. I think DH wants to do one more week of XT and GS's first. When bike season starts, he's going to drop the leg portion of STS and add in an extra day of cycling. They have a group ride on Wednesday's that he wants to start going to. They average around 24 mph, so I'm out. Plus I don't really like the added danger of group riding. We just finished our taxes and had our refunds in less than a week. We don't itemize anything, so we get off easy. Good luck getting yours done, I hope you're able to write off all your expenses! :)

LL, don't stress too much about the scale. You're workouts have been going really well. How is homeschooling going?

Beth, I know what you mean about feeling energized after ICE. I did BC yesterday and felt worked out but not fried. I'm loving the music in this series too! My favorite so far is the music in RS. We don't really celebrate valentine's in this family, just a small box of chocolates for the kids. On the subject of books, I really want to read When Breath Becomes Air. They spoke with the authors wife this morning on NPR. Talk about a strong woman!

On the animal front, two baby chicks hatched and we're in a deep freeze, so....we have the mom and her brood in DS's room....AND...we have an old hen who is very sick (liver issues I think) also in another crate in his room. OY!

XTrain Hard Strikes plus burn sets tris this morning!

Tina- homeschooling is tough with my 9th grader right now. He is taking forever with his algebra, corrections only yesterday took an hour and a half, with me, and that was only for a review! And he got a 71% on his last test, polynomials- adding, subtracting, multiplying pandora dividing them. He's got the dividing down well, but still forgetting some factoring basics like greatest common factor first and recognizing difference of squares and factoring by grouping.

I'm going to be starting this Fit Body Boot Camp next week, 1 week free. I'm hoping to get 2-3x per week and still do Cathe at home.

http://www.fitbodybootcamp.com/extonfitnessbootcamp/

Gotta get started on the day!

Hi Beth and Diana!

Hi all!

Lots of news!

Tina, I have heard of that book and heard it was really good. Let me know what you think. I did read Atul Gawanda's book about end of life care-I can't remember the name of it and gave it to someone at work who has yet to give it back to me! I'm hoping more people read these books and start taking the end of their lives into their own hands and that doctors will read the books and try to guide people to a dignified death. Doctors are taught to do no harm and are just recently being exposed to so many people that want to die on their own terms. On a happier note, I love the music in these workouts, too!

Diana, I think I'm taking today off-supposed to be upper body, but my lats, shoulders, and left bicep are too sore to workout. I hope my bicep is not damaged...it does not feel right. I might take a walk in a few minutes, but it's super cold here today. We'll see...

LL, what an awesome job you do homeschooling and getting all your workouts in!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Not a good day on the diet front today. I caved and had a 4 individually wrapped Girhadelli dark chocolates. I tracked the along with all my healthy vegan meals today. I did not sleep well and tend to crave chocolate when that happens, and am just hungrier in general. I was too tired to w/o this morning, but did get BR day 4. My chest and tri's are still very sore!

My dinner last night and lunch today was cauliflower steaks and roasted cherry tomatoes-Yum. Tonight's dinner and tomorrows lunch is baked squash seasoned with salt and olive oil over zucchini noodles and more roasted cherry tomatoes. It was much better than I though it was going to be.

LL-SS is for supersets, an older but still good Cathe w/o. Your bootcamp link looks similar to the classes I take. I think you will do great with WW if you work the program. Tracking is key. Do you have the online tools so you can track from your phone? Keep up the good workouts! You are amazing keeping up with 4 kids, homeschooling...and all that you do!! :)

Beth-I'm learning to be much more cautious with my w/o's as I'm getting older. I still can't run and have knee pain. It seems to be getting better, but it's taking forever. I hope you didn't injure your bicep. Best to rest it up and see how it feels in a day or so. I wish I could comment on the music in ICE, but I can't. BOOH I'm in favor of dying with dignity. It's definitely a change from the norm. For those with terminal illnesses and the capacity to make these types of decisions, I think they should have that right. JMHO

Tina-You are a w/o maniac! I hear ya on the group riding. We do that in my tri training and I don't like it. They teach drafting etc. I just ride either in front or behind because it scares me being that close to another rider. Wow, I'm jealous that your taxes are already done. We have a lot to itemize so it pays off for us. Soon I hope to be where we just pay what we owe without all the deductions. I'm afraid we might end up owing though. How does DS feel about the animals in his space?? Sounds like DS is doing great with his w/o's too...Go Mom...:)

bbl

Quick update: ICE CLB Blizzard Blast this morning. I really wanted to get in shoulders too, but I needed to be fast to get to my son's basketball game that got cancelled!

Hi Tina, Beth and Diana!

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is enjoying Valentines Day! I'm off my diet for today. I did start of my day with a green smoothie and had some cashews as a snack. DH made prime rib and baked potatoes and I made brownies. I'll be back on my plan tomorrow. 1 week down, 2 more to go. I'm down 3lbs, but expect a gain tomorrow with the dinner and dessert.

Yesterday I did GS BSB and MM Triceps. Today I did BR Day 5 (abs focused) and GS Legs. I think I'm done with my taxes but will sit on them a few days before filing. I'm busy cleaning out the file cabinet and shredding.

LL-sorry you were rushed for nothing...how irritating!

Hi to Beth and Tina

bbl

Hi all!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I did end up taking a rest day Friday. Saturday was PUB and Sunday was Ice CLB with bb. It seems to be taking my body longer to recover from weight workouts lately. I'm still sore from PLB the other day. The rotation has AOLIH on the agenda so I'll do that today.

Tonight is book club-finished The Goldfinch yesterday and am sure we'll have a lot to talk about tonight! My thoughts: was Theo stuck in his 13 year old self most of his life? Will he ever get over the loss of his mother and be able to find love? The ways people deal with unhappy events. I loved the book-the rawness of the characters, the beautiful writing (esp. about the painting and art), and the idea that we alone are responsible for our own lives. Tina, do you think they'll make a movie about it?

Diana, we don't even plan to start taxes until March! Of course the FASFA wants us to be done already...so tired of that. I hate that we have to borrow money at 6+% interest. Nice job on the weight work! Is life at home back to normal after your travel? It sounds like you and your Valentine had a wonderful dinner! My DH liked the salt lamp-we had it on last night. I don't know if it helped his sinuses. I can only hope he remembers to turn it off each morning!

Tina, how are the chicks and the hen?

LL, is today a school holiday for you too?

Beth

Beth, No we have school today but we had a hard time getting started.

OK, so I plan to do this Boot Camp 3x a week, that is all my time allows. But I want to do Cathe on the other 1 or 2 days. Now, what to do. Here is the layout for the Boot Camp at Fit Body: all HiiT 20 seconds on 7 seconds off, 30 seconds between stations:

warm up: 2 rounds
squat-side knee crunch
mtn climbers
crunches
(one more I forget)

Station 1: 3 rounds
crx (?) body weight chest pull back with body on 45º angle
pushup then knees alternating up

Station 2: 3 rounds
battle ropes combined with squat jumps
more of the same push ups

Station 3: 3 rounds
dip 3 count down, up 1
more of the same push ups

Station 4: plyo 3 rounds
pop squats (I think that's what their called)
wall squats arm up
Lateral skates
high knees jog

Cool down was on my own, I walked and drank water a bit and then did a bunch of Cathe stretches totaling about 5 min only. I wonder if that's enough? This is a close format to many of Cathe's HiiT, Boot Camps, Metabolic, just with different seconds for on and off and rounds. They trainer says it different every day. But same basic format with stations and HiiT. Sometimes on Saturdays he will have a focus on arm or legs.

So MThSa will be my Boot Camp days this week, then I need to come up with something to do Tues and Friday. I'm thinking maybe PUB or upper body something Xtrain or RWH or ICE and then the other day legs. Or maybe I just want to wing it and do something fun like Party Rockin Step?

Hi Diana and Tina!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday BR Day 6 and GS C&T. Today I did BR Day 8 and MM Biceps and Shoulders. Tomorrow should be my extra leg day but I may have to take a rest day instead. I have an early meeting and a blood donation appt. I just don't think I will have time to fit anything in.

I'm doing pretty good on the diet. Tonight is Thai Red Curry made with butternut squash, cauliflower, red curry paste, coconut oil over quinoa, sprinkled with toasted pepitas and unsweetened coconut. Lunch was a salad made with spinach leaves, quinoa, red pepper, green onion, half an orange, 1/4 avocado, and the vinaigrette was 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs lime juice, 2 tbs cilantro (optional-dash of cayenne pepper). The food is really good, it's just a lot of prep work. I didn't get prepped this weekend so I'm a day behind on the plan. I had plenty to choose from though from last weeks left overs.

I have to pick DS1 up at the airport tonight and drive him home. His plan doesn't land until 11:55. I'm definitely going to need my morning coffee before my early meeting!

Beth-I'm considering doing ICE CLB as my extra leg workout, just so I can try it. It sounds like you really enjoyed your book. I just picked up a book, The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Goodness, I completed forgot about the STINKIN' FAFSA. I need to do that too. Thanks for the reminder, it's now on my list to do this weekend along with filing my taxes. Have you considered having your kids take out the loans and you and your DH can pay on them? My PLUS loan is like 7.99%, and my sons student loans are in the 3% range. For our DS3, when he heads up to University in the fall, we are having him take out the loans and we will pay on them. It's so much cheaper. I was reviewing our retirement accounts, seems they are all down from the prior year a tad. I don't know how you are supposed to live of the interest when its going down.

LL-my body responds well to your described boot camp workout. This is similar to the BR workouts as well. Keep up the good work!

Waving Hi to Tina.

forgot to hit post yesterday...and I'm a tired girl this morning.

Hi all,

So yesterday was supposed to be Xtrain Legs. I subbed Push Pull lower body 3 set premix. I didn't do the exact same exercise though every time (except leg presses-hard to do them differently!) So I did some plie squats, or changed the rep pattern and got a good basic lower body workout. I really like how that routine is just simple and just lifting. All the jumping between weight work was just too much for me yesterday. I have been sleeping like crap-not that my doctor cares...his response is that it'll pass. Thanks! I work out, take melatonin, and still can't sleep. I worry about work-and had a very vivid dream last night about my director-the head nurse. Of course, DH thinks I worry too much and shouldn't have to...but 2 people just got laid off from the company. My eyes are twitching all the time-so annoying! Today's workout on tap is the CUB from ICE. We'll see...

How is the bootcamp going LL? It sounds really push up intense. But I guess if it's not too long each time it wouldn't be that bad. Are you sore in a good way?!

Diana, I haven't been up till midnight in forever! You will definitely need coffee tomorrow! Glad you are getting to do the muscle meltdowns. I've got Level 2 Ice rotation my calendar to start next Monday and will get more MMs in!

Hi, Tina! What are you up to? Keeping the critters warm?

Beth

Beth, I almost did Legs yesterday, but I was too tired and too sore! So yesterday was a rest day and I decided to go to Boot Camp again today, I was thinking about doing a leg workout today, but changed my mind. Thankfully it was not as push up intense only 2 20 second intervals of push ups in the warm up. Today had 4 intervals n the warm up 2x and then 5 stations but no more push ups! There were 3 exercises that just about killed me, the rest weren't so bad: the three bad ones were when you sit on the ground, leaning back about 45° with legs bent and up a little, with a 8-10# squishy ball, twist side to side. I couldn't do all 20 sec at once. The second to last station was a killer: squat box jumps and burpees!

I plan to go back tomorrow morning and maybe Saturday. I'm not sure what I should do Cathe wise on Friday: heavy wts upper, lower or total body or something fun like party rockin step?

Hi Tina and Diana!

LL, I think you should do whatever you feel like doing! It sounds like a lot of body weight work/weight work at boot camp. PR step is so fun!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.