Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Saturday I did a Cathe Live- Hard Strikes Low Impact boxing. I really liked the first 30min or so - just boxing combos and drills. Then she moved to the heavy bag (I don't have one) and then finished with a few weights. But still a fun workout.

Yesterday our internet went out. It will be tomorrow before they will be out to fix... if they can as we're scheduled for a big snow/blizzard tonight into tomorrow morning. So this morning I did PINK #8 as a warm-up, then worked some squats in a pyramid up/down. Then popped in Ultimatum Gold to see what they are like. I forgot to check Jenn's blog to see which ones she called intermediate before I picked one - but if this is one of the intermediate ones I'm in trouble! I was puffing and had to stop several times in the cardio section. The 20 minutes or so I struggled my way through I thought were good. Its very low production but very "real" feeling. She's breathing hard and sweating hard right along with you.

Today was Hammer Power. I raised my weight on this today. Had a great workout. 38 minutes, 226 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact 2 with abs 1 and stretch , 40 minutes, 285 calories. Total time was 78 minutes and calories burned 511. I got my replacement Ripped with Hiit low impact dvd Saturday so wanted to be sure it was working okay. It took awhile because somehow we had a mix up and they thought I needed a case for the series. I did receive a case but she said it was on the list before she corrected the error and was sent out. I am so happy that they replaced it for me.
Instead of the 10's for light. 12's medium, and 15 heavy like last time I did 12's light, 15's medium, and 20's heavy. I was really sore last time and a bit afraid of the cleans and jerks very heavy. I am getting more comfortable with doing this with dumbbells. It seems I have always done power lifting with the barbell. Anyway, that would not be possible when he gets to the end and you are doing 1 arm clean jerk squat press

Doreen, I hate when the internet goes out. We have had very little problem with ours since we moved to our current home. Over a year and I haven't had to call. It seemed with AT&T we were always out. It was really frustrating. We do get the drop outs though when streaming but, we do not have the top of the line service either. Nice job on the workout choices.

This morning was an oldie but newer to me. Tracey Stahle's Steady State Step. I found three by her somewhere and really like her style (except maybe all the "shake your hips" which imo is not a move). She's really relaxed, jokes with her team when they or she mess up and just has a fun, not over the top peppy style. Steady State Step is what it says - intermediate steady state cardio for about 50 minutes. You can jump some of the moves if you want to. Bummer is I don't think she has done anything step recently.... (Or I've never found it). Some of the online video stores have a bootcamp and a kickbox DVD by her from about 2008. I'm guessing they would be good but I'm not willing to put money on it!!

Reactions: WD
Today's workout was Chisel Balance and 10 Minute Ab Chisel, 51 minutes, 253 calories. I also did Two The Max solid step, core/upper body emphasis, and stretch, 21 minutes, 132 calories. Total time 72 minutes and 385 calories.

Doreen I think I have all of Tracey's Staelhe's workouts. Up to her last two that are really tough. I always liked Steady State Step. The last two Bootcamp do not use a step. I did use my rebounder with some of the jumping in it. Then there was the use of the Bosu in some of them that I liked a lot. Strike Zone was good. High Intensity Step Mix was a favorite of mine. I did do that one not too long ago. It is around 80 minutes I believe. I liked her Core Blast.

Hi.

Sorry that I've been MIA. Still mothing to report with w/o. I still feel really nauseous and weak. I had planned to try working again today and to slowly start doing more than just lying down reading and sleeping, but my work advised me to keep resting until I feel 100% fit... So now I am back to lying down resting again. I really hope I start feeling better soon. It's been a week already... Stupid stomach bug.

I am really eager to do the new KCM dvds and just move and feel good, but for now it will just be lots of water and lots of books and magazines.

Being off sick has given me lots of time to read and check reviews etc. So far I have managed not to buy any dvds but I have bought just about everything else... Amazon must love it when I am sick. Then again... I don't need to be sick to shop. I actually found an Under Armour running jacket reduced from 85 for 18!!! I haven't actually gone for a run in years as I prefer my dvds but I couldn't not buy it and who knows, maybe when I'm feeling better I can go for a run...

Henriette- Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is really a bummer. My daughter is sick now (fever, stomach) so I hope I don't get it!

I hear you on the running gear. They make such cool stuff now for winter running but I rarely run and if I do it's normally a beautiful day and I don't need all the fancy gear. At one point I thought I'd never give up running and would run my entire life. But I enjoy the DVD workout world in my basement so much more. Every once in a while I'll long for the fresh air or realize I haven't been outside for more than 10 minutes a day to dash from car to work, work to car, car to home. I do try to take my workouts outside during the summer months.

I did Ultimatum Blue this morning. 40 minutes. Great workout. Lots of burpee moves but she gives enough rest to keep going. This one I can tell I can really "grow" with by adding more weight. I actually read the credits as I was still stretching on my own when it finished. There are several husband/wife teams in her background exercisers which I think is cool.

Today I did Max Hammer Strength 38 minutes, 200 calories. I followed it with 15 minute leg hammer 18 minutes, 129 calories. There is 3 days in a row of weights. Tomorrow Total Body Chisel and Friday Iso Speed Hammer with 15 minute leg hammer again, I was a bit surprised. Some at Beachbody say they are doing Hammer heavy and Chisel lighter. Generally I go heavy on Total Body Chisel is 3 sets of 10 reps each exercise. It does include some biceps and triceps though. Max Hammer Strength is basically legs,, chest, back and shoulders. My legs have been sore through most of this series. I added a 35 minutes flexibility workout from fitnessblender.com which was a nice stretch. Some of the moves were done a bit differently which helped get a bit deeper into the stretch. I think it said something like for flexibility and stress relief.
Max Hammer Strength
60 second bodyweight reps followed by 8 reps heavy
reverse lunge right 28 reps reverse lunge right heavy 8 reps 25# each hand this is down 10 from last
time
repeat bodyweight and reverse lunge left same
60 sec push up 30 reps bench press 25# each hand
60 sec squat 28 reps shoulder squat heavy 25# each hand this is down 10# from last time because this time I did the shoulders and last time not
pull up 22 reps (assisted) Pull over heavy 8 reps 45#
60 sec good morning stiff legged deadlift heavy 8 reps 45# each hand Up 5#
60 sec chin up 11 reps ( I was slow but am getting better at this with no assistance) 1 arm row 8 reps left then 8 reps right 37.5#
60 sec stay low sumo 40 reps sumo squat heavy 45# up 5#
60 sec band military press 24 reps military press seated heavy 20# each hand up 5#
60 sec Bulgarian split squat right 30 reps step up right heavy 20# each hand up 5#
same as but left split squat and step up
ledge calf raise (I used step topper) 40 reps Seated calf raise heavy 35# each hand up 10#

Henrietta, I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. I hope you get better soon. If it were me I would probably wear the running jacket out anyway :) My daughter got me a Nike shirt meant for cycling. I wear it for my other workouts. I like it a lot. It isn't quite as cooling as the dri fit gear though. Works great on cold mornings.

Doreen, the one thing I hate about winter is the viruses. I have an appointment for a physical first thing Friday morning. I am hoping that there are not a lot of sick people in the office. That is the reason I have avoided going back in for my pneumonia vaccine. I don't want to catch anything. I took my grandson up there with me once and I would not let him play with the toys. I gave him hand sanitizer wipes and my cell phone to play on.

Diane Sue-

I must admit Hammer & Chisel still looks really good. Bumping it up in my wish list order!

I did RWH's Back, Shoulders, Bi. this morning. I love that workout and the finishers - especially the band work for the back.

My hubby (the compulsive thrift shopper) called me at lunch. "Do you need more weights?" Um- yes! He found Olympic sized plates at a thrift store. So I'm the proud new owner of some more 10#'s and 5#'s plates. I passed on the 45# and 35# plates even though they were a good price I just can't lift that heavy yet to need extras!

Today's workout was Total Body Chisel and 10 minute Ab Chisel, 49 minutes, 241 calories. I had to lower some weights. I went pretty heavy on those 8 reps yesterday. Besides the Total Body today I have Iso Speed Hammer tomorrow and Iso Strength Chisel Saturday. Lots of lifting. I was sore before I started.
Total Body Chisel is 3 sets of 10 reps 3 rounds of three body parts each done a 1 set of each body part done 3 times
Squat 37.5 each hand all 3 sets
Bench Press 22.5 each hand all 3 sets
Reverse grip row 25# each hand all 3 sets

lunge right 25# each hand all 3 sets
lunge left same as right
incline fly 15# each hand all 3 sets
lat pullover 15# each hand all 3 sets I can't believe I had these again today. 45# yesterday. My lats are sore

step down cross back right 15# each hand all 3 sets
step down cross back left 15#
Incline curl 20# each hand; 17;5; 17.5
bench dips no weight 10 reps each set

Doreen, I lucked out because my family got me a barbell set that went to 45 # then later a friend gave me more 10 and 5 # plates and a 2.5# set. I also have the dumbbell bars that I can put plates on. My husband got me some 25# plates for a birthday and later got me the Bowflex select tech weights with the stand that goes up to 52#. I got more weight plates when I got les Mills Combat with the bar up to 35# total. I do like the shorter bar. Also I asked for a 11# body bar one year and my husband couldn't find one so got me an easy curl bar. We went back and got a 9# body bar that I wanted for Amy Bento Ross workout and Kimberly Spreens combat workouts. So, I have accrued plenty. I also got the 20# weight vest that Cathe has. They had it here at Academy sports. Altus Fitness products that were making Cathe's stuff is located in Altus Oklahoma so finding items at the store was not hard.

Good morning ladies,

Remember me, LOL? We came home late last night. We had so much trouble with the RV :( Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Monday when we left El Paso, TX we got caught into a micro burst which ripped our entire awning from the RV. The wind was so strong, it ripped away from the RV like paper. The metal and everything :( In Tennessee we had a tire blow out :( Lots of fun! I am so glad I am home. The wedding and reception went well, but the brides mom was very rude to us the entire time :(

I will try to get a good workout in today. Trust me, I need it:) I will catch up on personals later.

Last edited:
Good morning ladies,

Remember me, LOL?

Of course we remember you! Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the RV troubles! I guess that's why there's no place like home!

I've decided on a new strategy since I just bought Ultimatum. I've done two discs so far and liked them both. But instead of plowing through all of them in the next week I'm going to work those two into my rotation so that when I feel like something new I'll pull out a new one from the set and see how that goes. Try to make the "new" last longer!! :)

Good afternoon,

I did Cathe Classics Vol 1 " Step Max" today. That's all, I am still tired and beat from the long drive. Hope to get a good night sleep tonight and tomorrow I can add more workouts.

Thank you, Dorren! You got that right no place like home :) That was one long trip in the RV. I like your strategy. Enjoy the Ultimatum. It's with Travis, right?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. I will try to be back later, if not tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

I had a doctor appointment early this morning so I got my workout in later than normal. Today was iso speed hammer and 15 minute leg hammer. It seems like iso speed hammer is one of the least favorite in the Hammer and Chisel series reading on Beach Body. It is short. 24 minutes. Then if you have the deluxe set you add the leg workout which is really med ball cardio weight work. I added on 15 minutes of yoga for total body and weight loss from fitness blender. Not the best choice once I started, I realized I was working the push up and tricep push ups quite a bit. A lot of time on the hands. It was only 15 minutes though. I should have picked a relaxed one. Total time was 57 minutes and calories burned 333.

Iso Speed hammer is 10 reps then 10 reps fast each move
push up
static lunge right 20's
static lunge left 20's
chin ups
Deadlift 15's I hate doing deadlifts fast
side lateral raise 8's
sumo squat 25#
rear delt cross fly pink 15# b lines tubing
pistol squat right 12#
pistol squat left 12#
curl face down on stability ball (they use a bench inclined) 15#
calf raise body weight
triceps kickback twist 12's

Belinda, good to have you back. I am so sorry you had such a miserable time with your RV. I remember our awning out during a family trip we were doing every summer. We had a bad storm and that awning was flying all over the place. I can only imagine how it went. My son and son in laws got it in though. We crammed most of us into the 5th wheel but my son insisted on staying in his tent through the torrent. My daughter in law and her two stayed in their truck overnight. We really did try to get them inside with the rest of us.
I am sorry the in laws were unfriendly. not a nice way to start. We are friends with my daughters parents and have went out on motorcycle rides with them. We also enjoy the other's Mother's company when she comes to visit. She is a hoot :)

Doreen, I always try out the workouts right away. Even if I am in the middle of a rotation I incorporate parts of them at least to make sure they work. I have had a couple of times where I didn't and had a hard time getting them replaced when something was wrong. When I had knee surgery I had a couple of my Les Mills Pump workouts that I hadn't done. When I went to do them one would not play completely through. My coach finally contacted them and got them to replace it. They had told me no you have had it too long.

Dianne Sue - very good point. I should at least play them all once, even if I just preview them to make sure they play.

Belinda- Ultamatim is with Lindsi Sanor. http://2lazy4gym.com/category/trainers/lindsi-sanor/

This morning I did the Ultimatum Blue warm up, paused the video and worked on deadlifts. A pyramid up to a max 6 rep set and then down. Then finished the video. Kinda weird but I liked it!

My 9YO wanted to workout with me last night. I've been working on step with her. She's almost got the entire warm up of Step Moves down! Its funny when Cathe says "your almost done with your warm up" and she says "This is the warm up?!". Then she wanted to do bench press. So we did bench press - reps of 10 with a 5#. I'm gonna encourage whatever she wants to do!

Today's workout was Iso Strength Chisel and 10 minute Chisel Abs, 49 minutes, 247 calories. I then did Ripped With Hiit Low Impact Hiit 1, 28 minutes, 215 calories. I wanted more stretching and my low back on one side has felt pinched so I did Fitness Blender Sciatica stretch and low back stretch, 13 minutes. The sciatica one was better because it had a bit different stretch for one of the 8 stretches that you hold for 30 seconds. The other one just repeated some of the moves and was real short. Total time was 90 minutes and calories burned 483. I am so sore from all of these back to back weight workouts and today was a real challenge. Also yesterday the yoga I selected had you going through push ups and holding at the bottom repeatedly. Today the workout had a push up 10 reps hold 10 ct repeat 3 times. Ouch. Yesterday was push ups and speed push ups. I have a rest day tomorrow:D
I have a partial Mexican taco turkey meat made and have to run to the store. I hate when I think I am covered and find I am out of something. I used the tomato sauce in enchiladas for DH yesterday.

Doreen, my granddaughter 8, this month has worked out with me over the years. I used to watch her till she went to school. When we stayed at their house waiting to get a new home since our other one sold so fast she would get up early and workout with me. Once she did Party Rockn step but used a mat while I used the step. I did the extended premix and she started wondering how long it was going to be but she hung in there. That child has so much energy :) I think that it is wonderful to get them interested in fitness and being active. There is so much sitting watching television and playing video games with children now. Even though she is homeschooled she has a PE class she goes to and she takes Irish Dance classes. Actually I am taking her next month to an American Heritage Girls function that is dancing.

Hallo everyone,

I did Intensity Series: BC + ME Bonus : 65 min + Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Party Songs 3 Mile walk.

Doreen, awww. your dd is so cute :) Thanks for the link, I will check it out this weekend.

Diane Sue, thank you! It feel good to be back. We met the laws last year, they where super nice? Not sure, what happened? I think she wants her DD to move back to El Paso, she was talking about it almost daily? I am glad you are friends with your laws, it makes life so much easier The rest of the family was super nice. .Wt on Iso Strength Chisel and 10 minute Chisel Abs. We completely empty the RV today, it will go in the shop next week. We

I will be back tomorrow. Good night.

Belinda, good job on the workout today. You are getting right back into it. It is a lot of work to empty out an RV. We had to do that a couple of times. One of them the hail damage took off the sky lights and there was some water and stuff. Had to clean the mattress and everything. Of course the last time we just had to empty it out after it was totaled from the almost winds and hail. We always had it pretty much stocked with everything but groceries so we would be ready to take off.

Good evening,

Today I did XTRAIN - All Out Low Impact HiiT Premixes #16 All Out Extreme Cardio - 52:44 + Leslie Sansone: Walk To The Hits Party Songs
- Mile 1 + Yoga Max Premix: 1# Yoga Express = 32 min.

Diane Sue - yours got totaled from the winds and hail? That's awful :( We also keep ours stoked with everything. I told my husband today, in the future we travel light, lol. It was a pain empty the RV...I had no idea I had so much stuff in that thing, lol.

I will be back tomorrow. Good night, everyone.

Good morning,

This morning I did XTRAIN - Bic & Tric = 45 min + Core #1 ( I have no idea why I did that one again?) and GAIAM Walk & Tone = 30 min.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.