Getting Our Licks In!

Had a fun weekend with family and got to shop at an actual Athleta store rather than just browsing the catalog :) I found a skirt and top which is what I wanted. Last night I did RWH Circuit Lower Body Timesaver and my legs barely let me go downstairs. Tonight I'll have to do a quick X10 since I always run out of time on Tuesday nights, haven't decided which one I'll do yet though...

Our snow melted over the weekend so mother nature blessed us with about 3 inches yesterday, love the white :)

Michelle - I can't believe he's almost 7 months, where does the time go!?! I'm planning to wrap up my Thanksgiving food shopping this week, my oven's ignitor went out so I may have to opt for a raw pumpkin pie instead of baked if it's not fixed in time! Great job getting the yard winterized - that's such a nice feeling.

Janie - Happy to hear you're busy and well :)

Kathy - How fun to get some workouts in with Ilaria - I'll have to check out her workouts so I know what kind of workout she put you through!

Cindy

Did Party Rocking Step 2, Timesaver 1 today. PRS2 is definitely the more intense of the two PRS dvds--IMHO. Still nice weather here today; not quite as warm as yesterday but still very nice. Had an all day meeting at Quantico then back home to finish the work day. Actually have to go into work tomorrow. Only two days of commuting up to NoVa this week--yeah! Then I'm off through the end of the month.

Cindy: What fun to actually shop in an Athleta store. Tis the season to get short workouts in--better than no workout at all.

Waves to Kathy and Janie.
Michelle

Another nice weather day--springlike. Did All Out Low Impact HIIT this morning--love this workout. Have training class tonight with Toby. Hope he is not too energetic. LOL!

Michelle

Checking in. Doing my own Cathe workouts, and keeping at a minimum. At least I'm doing something everyday except the weekends. I promised myself when ICE comes to our homes, will concentrate even more on exercising. I can't wait for this series. I feel it will be the best for me.

Janie

Monday I didn't workout as legs were killing me after all the leg work from Ilaria's 2 classes. Tuesday was Push Pull 2 sets UB & last night was Cathe's Intensity Step only premix. Tonight will be Great Glutes 2 segments the discs + the floorwork. Definitely not doing the entire workout. Not after Sunday's classes.

Michelle: At least you have beautiful weather where you are. Today will be quite a bit of rain. PRS2 is more intense than #1. I also love AOLIH. 2 great workouts you did. How did the training class go w/Toby?

Janie Sis: Glad your keeping up w/your exercising even though your so busy.

Cindy: Glad you enjoyed your weekend away. Funny that you mention about Athleta. I just rec'd my 2 purchases of pants + a long sleeved top. Beautiful material. Enjoy your new purchases. That was some workout you did w/RWH LB Circuit. I have such a dread factor for that one. I rarely do it. X10's are your lifesaving workouts for sure. Ilaria does tend to tweak her workouts in a live class. Let me know what you think of her workouts when you have a chance.

Have a good day everyone!
Kathy

Today was 4DS Kickbox, cardio only premix. It rained overnight and had stopped by this morning so Toby and I got our morning 2-mile walk in. That walk really helps to curb his energy level during the day so I was very happy that the weather cooperated with getting that done this morning. Training class was good--lots of practice with "leave its" last night.

Kathy: I have Intensity on my rotation next week--I think on Friday. That will be the last hurrah workout of the November rotation. Just wondering which pants you purchased from Athleta? I have one pull-over shirt from Athleta that I love (received as a gift). I always appreciate getting reviews on items from you and Cindy.

Janie: good for you--back into the workouts! Remember Cathe's RWH, LIS, and XTRAIN series have lots of premixes that vary from shorter to longer workouts. If I do a premix, I'm usually looking for something shorter and there are plenty of good, less than 30 minutes premixes.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

This week has been one where I don't feel like working out but golly I've made myself do it anyways and I'm glad that I have! Tuesday was X10 Low Impact and last night I did RWH Circuit Upper body without the blasts. I'm taking tonight off to clean the house and plan to get up and do a PiYo workout in the morning since Friday I am going out with the girls. I do have Pilates class set up for Saturday morning and plan to get Muscle Max in on Sunday. Lots of baking planned for this weekend in preparation for Thanksgiving, I'm still a bit in shock it's next week!

Michelle - Glad you got to get out for a walk, rain does not make it pleasant to walk. You have a nice long break for Thanksgiving, enjoy it!

Janie - Sounds like you have a good plan down until the ICE workouts arrive, I'm interested to see how they are :)

Kathy - At least you know the Sunday classes worked ;) I'm sure your body needed the rest.

Cindy

Another beautiful day. I know this is probably getting old to read, but everyday since I got Toby seems fantastic--even when it is raining. But no rain today, just clear and cool. Great puppy walkabout weather, particularly this morning when we walked. We pretty much have the neighborhood to ourselves in the morning and we both really enjoy it. I did work today--Quantico this morning and then back home to work this afternoon. Did RWH Back, Shoulders and Biceps late afternoon. Looking foward to the next 10 days, being at home with my DH and my pup.

Cindy: good for you sticking with the workouts this week. Feels good, doesn't it? What are you baking? I'm not a baker. Probably a good thing that I'm not a baker because I'd end up eating too much.

Waves to Kathy and Janie!
Michelle

Still here and to my surprise, still busy. The more friends I have the more busy I am. And I'm meeting new people a lot lately. I'm grateful they are in my life. It makes me a better person.

I see everyone is doing well and pretty much on track. I'm still exercising, but can't wait for the Ice Series, ready for something new and fresh.

Stay safe during the holidays coming up and most of all enjoy.

Jane

Very busy. Did not exercise over the weekend or Monday. Saturday was my regular break day; Sunday Toby and I went to visit his breeder; Monday we had a bit of a traumatic event and then I was busy getting a paper done and Toby and I had training last night; today was low impact circuit cardio blast timesaver. So the traumatic event: on Monday morning while Toby and I were on our walk we were attacked by a bulldog/pitbull mix in our neighborhood. Fortunately, neither of us was hurt before the owner heard me screaming and came out of his house and got his dog. Somehow the front door of the house in which this dog lives was wide open and when he saw me and Toby, he decided to be less than friendly. I managed to stay between the dog and Toby and kept kicking him away. I did fall down a couple of times and managed to tear my pants and scrape my knee on the sidewalk. But neither Toby nor I were bitten and we are okay. The dog's owner was very apologetic, but just the same I reported the incident to animal control. I don't know if this dog has a history of this type of behavior and it is just best to have an official record. I don't think the owner lets the dog run free because I've walked by this house hundreds of times over my years of dogwalking but still....Anyway, enough of that. Looking forward to a nice mild Thanksgiving day here in Virginia, spending the day with my DH and pup, and DH's son and DIL. I'm off the rest of the week and next Monday.

Janie: of course you keep making new friends; you are simply too wonderful not too. I'm with you--waiting for the new workouts...

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Tabatacize today--the whole thing! Also got in a one mile and a two-mile walk with Toby, plus he and I had "fun" raking leaves. That means I raked and he played in them. Very cute. Hope everyone is having a great Turkey week. Philadelphia Kennel Club dog show is on tomorrow after the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.

Michelle

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Pyramid up premix from PUB today. Nice but busy day. My DH's son and wife came over for dinner. Everyone is zoning out now in front of the football game on tv. Toby is exhausted and laying in front of his fan. I think both he and I will have no trouble sleeping tonight.

Michelle

A little cool here this morning but it warmed up to 70 degrees this afternoon. We did a 3 mile walk this morning to start the day; then I did a little Christmas shopping done. Also got the first round of my outside decorating done; will try to finish that tomorrow. Toby is a bit perplexed by all the decorations going up around the neighborhood. Very cute. My exercise today was Intensity, step and low impact premix. I sure hope Cathe posts a December rotation--but in the meantime, I might do a few days of Jillian Michaels or Autumn Calabrese.

Been very quiet here on our check-in; I'm assuming ya'll are still getting your licks in but are busy with family. Holding down the fort until ya'll get back.
Michelle

Hope everyone had a fabulous and memorable Thanksgiving.
Still busy. Along with two get-to-gethers with friends during the week, I also make my own kefir and will begin to make sourdough bread by catching the bacteria around the beach. My hubby misses it and wants it back. I let go of it because of my Gerd and the high gluten in these type of bread. But the different thing I'm doing is using all organic in hopes I too can enjoy this fabulous bread. We'll see.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Cooler here, a little rainy; but Toby and I got in our long walk this morning and several shorter ones during the day. Did Cardio Fix from 21-day fit. Speaking of fits--I'm about to have one. I have a fraudulent charge to my Kohl's account which I reported to Kohl's within less than 4 hours of the charge. Oh and the name, address, and phone number of the person receiving the merchandise is on the order. So, you would think that Kohl's would at least put a hold-pending fraud investigation on the order. Nope-today I get an email that the order shipped--WHAT!!!! So, I was on the phone with Kohl's again to find out that it is up to the fraud investigator to stop the order. Well too late for that. I know one thing: I will not be paying this $460 fraudulent charge. Stay tune for how this plays out.

Otherwise it has been a nice relaxing weekend.

Janie: I hope your new approach on the sourdough bread works. Let us know.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Had a quiet but very relaxing Thanksgiving. DH ordered everything from Honey Baked store. Of course I indulged too much & stomach hurt. Your supposed to indulge anyway right? Friday was KCM's Cardio Pump #1 which was the cardio portion. Met my GF for lunch afterward. It sure was quiet in the restaurant. LOL Everybody was either at the mall or passed out from all the food. Saturday was KCM's Cardio Pump Leg premix. This is a circuit which incorporates most of the cardio & the 2 leg segments from both workouts. Sunday wasn't feeling well but managed to do KCM's Cardio Pump just the upper body portion. Monday night was Cathe's Great Glutes standing only premix. Tonight will be Rapid Fire 3 one of the premixes that includes abs.

Janie Sis: Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Hope the new recipe for sourdough bread worked for you & you were able to enjoy it. What do think of the clips of the new workouts?

Michelle: Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving too & that Toby did too. I can't believe how great the weather has been & its now Dec. 1st. I'll take it. I hope everything works out w/the Kohl fraudulent charge.

I've been viewing everyday the clips. There all AWESOME!!!! Also that KCM's new workouts are already at the replicator. Should be receiving these soon. Did all of you order Cathe's calendar? I've been ordering these calendars for years & I even keep them. Its interesting to see how I used to workout from years ago.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

Last night was Rapid Fire 3 the Hard Core premix which includes warmup, combos, abs & stretch. This one mostly has kicks which really fried my legs since yesterday I worked my glutes. Weather is warm but rainy. Tonight's supposed to be a downpour. Tonight I'll do KCM's Muscle Up Life 2 Be Fit just the UB premix.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Kathy

Did a make up exercise with bits and pieces of Cathe's DVD's. It was like a total workout. LOL Fun.

Kathy Sis, Glad you had a nice quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving. I indulged Thanksgiving dinner for sure, of course. LOL! Great job on KCM's Cardio Pump 1. Great job on Sat for KCM's Cardio Pump Leg pre. And for Sun. KCM's Cardio Pump upper body portion. For Mon. Great Glutes standing only pre. I managed to capture the good bacteria around our BH. The starter is full of bubbes. I have about 7 or 8 more days to make it strong then I can do the process of adding more water and flour to make enough for bread. Can't wait. From then on I will have my starter fed and ready to go at any moment to make more bread. YaHoo! How exciting you getting KCM's new workouts. Tell us (when you get them) how you like them.

Michelle, Great job on you and Toby's walk in the morning and also shorter ones during the day. And for doing Crdio Fix from 21 day fit. OMG! I hope this Kohl's thing will be stopped in it's tracks. I'm so sorry, no body needs that. I hate thieves! Keep us posted.

Take care all,

Janie

21 day fix Dirty Thirty today and Toby and I lucked out and did our 2 mile morning walk without any rain. Yesterday, we were not so lucky; we walked 2 miles and it rained the whole time. Spoke with the Kohls fraud department again today. They did intercept the package at FedEx so that is good. It still has to go through the fraud investigation process but at least things are moving in the right direction. The charge is still on my account and I won't be happy until that disappears. We don't keep any balances on our credit cards so I really want to see that charge disappear before my next billing cycle. The Kohl's people keep saying I won't have to pay the charge or any interest fees should any accrue, but I will believe them when this is completely resolved.

Janie: Sometimes it's fun to piece together a workout from different Cathe dvds. Nice job.

Kathy: yes, Thanksgiving is for overindulging. It sounds like you did not overindulge too much. Plus you're countering your intake by burning up those calories. Boy, you've got two new sets of workouts coming--you are really going to be one busy workout woman.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

Work yesterday was crazy! Luckily so far today work is calm. Last night I did KCM's MUL2BF both UB premixes to complete an entire ub workout. She does 3 sets of 8 reps doing 2 different exercises for each body part. Tonight Michelle inspired me to do again Intensity step & low impact premix.

I can't believe I also took the plunge & ordered from Beachbody the new Hammer & Chisel set. This is with my favorite guy Sagi from Body Beast + Autumn Calabrese. It was shipped out already. Plus in March I believe BB is coming out w/Sagi's Body Beast 2 for women. What a 2016 I'm going to have. Only fellow fitness enthusiasts can relate to my excitement! LOL

Michelle: Glad you finally had your 2 mile walk w/Toby w/out the rain. I always liked Dirty 30 workout. I hope the Kohl's fraudulent charge will disappear from your card soon. How upsetting & frustrating.

Janie Sis: I know one woman that pieced together quite a few of Cathe's warmups in her cardio dvds to make an entire workout. That did sound fun. Glad yours was fun too. Hope you get to enjoy your sourdough bread soon.

I keep getting these catalogs in the mail from Wolferman's, Cheryl's, Harry & David, Popcorn Factory, etc. I'm trying to hold off from ordering from all of these catalogs. The pictures make it look so tempting to order. LOL

Waves to Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.