Who cares? November

Hi all

Lisa - mooching means pottering around aimlessly. One of my favourite ways to pass time! Isn't it great when you get that involved in a book? I'm feeling fine after yesterday's workout. No after effects at all (and I slept so well last night!).

Mary - I had a look at that Cathe live. It looked great. Some day I'll get set up to be able to subscribe (sigh!).

MM UB premix today. Really felt it. Not lifted any weights for a while. Think I need to get back into it again.
DH working at home so we went out for lunch together, very nice.
Doing a one day course tomorrow that DH bought me for my birthday last month. Then DD has a gym comp on Sunday.
Have a good weekend everyone.

HI girls! Today did a hiit workout, maybe some barre later? Ronne, that makes me a first rate moocher! What kind of class are you taking? Roxie, how long will you be off work? Lisa, it was the funniest ad I'd ever seen! I wish I knew how to post pics here, it would give you all a good chuckle! I will have to look into Diane Chamberlain, I'm reading a Jill Mansell book right now. Hello to everyone else! Just cleaning today, hit some closets yesterday, nothing falling out of them now! Good day to all! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KCM Cardio Quick Fix 1 this morning. Well I have jumped through all the hoops and my insurance has pre-approved everything so surgery is a go. We found out youngest DD is having a boy it's name will be Berkley Robert so I will have 3 grandsons.

Good Morning,

Tital Body Stretch this morning. We are taking youngest DD and her DH to a big baby store today. KCM suggesyI start doing my planks again to strengthen my core muscles before surgery. I am also going to Barnes and Noble to find a good book to read while I am off work.

Hi everyone

Roxie - are you nervous at all?

Mary - It was just a one day course about a UK literary prize, 3 lectures and a discussion. It was really interesting.

Didn't get any workouts in at the weekend. Did a good cleaning session yesterday though. DD had a good gymnastics comp, she got silver on vault so was very pleased.
Feel like my abs are getting a bit flabby so I think I need to go back to heavier weights for a while. Did GCS&T. I definitely went to failure a lot!! Can't imagine what I'm going to feel like tomorrow. :eek:

HI girls! Did a barre workout today, maybe I'll do them for the week? Ronne, congrats to DD! That is impressive! Hope you can move your arms tomorrow! Roxie, when I had my hip surgery, I found chair workouts on YouTube, it really helped me from going crazy! Lisa, what are you up to? Hello to Jody and Murphy! Kids only have school today and tomorrow, I'm enjoying the quiet! Have a good day! Mary

Checking in to say I've done nothing. Nothing this weekend, nothing planned today. My neck hurt this weekend (overuse of looking down?), I bought a massage unit (for a chair). When I tried it (a bit non conventionally) at the store on my neck, it helped, but then my shoulder blade hurt, I used it there (the way it really is meant to be) and wowzers, my shoulder blade muscles are sore! I'm not tempting fate this close to Disney (13 more days) so I'm just puttering (or mooching as Ronne puts it). I'd normally do step, but my ankle is better so don't want that to flare up either (and it will if I do lateral movements or calf raises), I can finally be on my toes with no pain. So, LB is toast, UB is toast so I'm only walking the dog. Can you believe I'm being so good? Mary, I probably should look up chair workouts but instead I'm using this time to putter around. Don't laugh, I'm going to do some preliminary packing for Disney. I would rake the rest of the leaves up but there is still snow in the yard. I have to get to that before Thanksgiving as we have more snow in the forecast. Ronne, congrats to DD. My oldest DS is in Korea for work so he won't be here for Thanksgiving and the youngest DS will actually be driving Thanksgiving day to CO, so I'm only planning a regular dinner if he makes it in time, otherwise it's just DH and I. I was soooooo sore after XT Legs I hope you fare better after your weight workout! XT legs isn't even heavy weight! Roxie, wow, it will be here before you know it, things are moving fast! I'm not sleeping well again. I just wake up for no reason at 2am.....not sure the patch is really working for me. I've quit fretting about it, I just read although the book I read last night was a bit scary for me (I'm a wimp). The Night Sister by Jennifer MacMahon (never read her before, it's good but scary). Wow, reading through this, I think I may have learned to give up control over things I can't control......NOVEL!

Good Afternoon,

Week 5 of Debbie's rotation really liking the results. I was in alot of pain yesterday took five pain pills and they didn't help so I am looking forward to this surgery I know I will be uncomfortable at first but I won't have to go through another day like yesterday.

Lisa-take it easy

Ronne-I am no longer afraid just nervous

Mary-thanks for the suggestion but I plan on doing KCMS Start Here as soon as possible.

Hi all

Mary - I'm surprisingly OK today. I was expecting a lot of DOMS!

Lisa - you're doing a great job! Pat yourself on the back (without hurting your neck or your shoulder :rolleyes:!) Sounds like you're going to have a quiet day.

Roxie - which rotation are you doing?

Had a quick cardio fix this morning. LIH2 with Abs 1. Plumber came to service boiler so I wanted to get it out of the way.
Liked the look of the ICE clip I saw but not regretting not preordering.

Hi all

Mary - I'm surprisingly OK today. I was expecting a lot of DOMS!

Lisa - you're doing a great job! Pat yourself on the back (without hurting your neck or your shoulder :rolleyes:!) Sounds like you're going to have a quiet day.

Roxie - which rotation are you doing?

Had a quick cardio fix this morning. LIH2 with Abs 1. Plumber came to service boiler so I wanted to get it out of the way.
Liked the look of the ICE clip I saw but not regretting not preordering.

Ronne-I am doing a weight workout that Fitness Freak is doing right now, she sends me the weeks workouts on Sunday or I run a day behind and just do what she did.

Hello

Roxie - that sounds like fun!

GSBSB done. I still think these are some of her toughest weight workouts. Mainly because the breaks are so short between exercises.
I'm considerably poorer than I was this morning. Been to the optician and I've got a new prescription, so two sets of glasses (one normal, one sunglasses). Good thing I'm doing quite well at the moment!

Hi all! Well, I've only walked the dog the last couple of days and my ankle/foot was hurting pretty bad last night. I'm thinking the steep uphill isn't helping but I'm not taking any chances and going to take it easy for the next 11 days, so no workouts. I feel my body just needs to heal. Maybe this will help my neck/shoulder muscles too. Those took a beating in surgery and I really haven't given them any rest since I started the PT. It's been 2.5 yrs but dang if I don't feel like I'm just not healing like I used to! This sounds exactly like where the pain is: http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/conditions/ailments-of-the-ankle/Pages/Peroneal-Tendonitis.aspx
Ronne, are the glasses for distance or just reading? I've given up using bifocals....i don't need anything for distance just reading so I just use cheap readers. it's a pain shopping though as I can't read the labels! I hate digging thru my purse for the readers. DH has gotten really good about reading labels for me. We compliment each other, he can't see far away, I can't see reading. Problem is, he's the driver :) My BFF is same so we compliment each other there, she's in charge of reading any maps. Hellos to everyone else! Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone

Lisa - keep on healing! No, they're distance glasses. I'm slightly short-sighted so need glasses for driving, TV etc (always have done). Fortunately that means I don't need reading glasses yet (could be another couple of years according to the optician). The short-sightedness sort of cancels out the age-related long-sighted so there's some benefit! Sounds like your DH is the same.

Roxie - well done on the workout.

L&G today. I wimped out on doing GSLegs. I felt a bit weird last night. I think I pushed it too hard in GSBSB. I didn't have DOMS but just felt a bit shaky and weak. OK today though.
Going to attempt a bit of christmas shopping while DD's at gym tonight. I'm also looking for a new handbag for me as well. Feel like I've looked at every handbag in every shop almost.

HI girls! Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend, we were busy with the kids, etc. I did workout tho! Roxie, will be thinking of you tomorrow! Let us know how it all goes! Hello to everyone else! Mary

Hi all! No workouts, no walks, frigid weather, yuck. Hoping all this rest helps me heal and I make it through Disney world with nothing getting aggravated. Massage tomorrow, I guess I'm just a lady of leisure! Lol! Roxie, hope tomorrow goes well, I'm sure it will. Hi Ronne!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.