Commit to get Fit & Lean for July & December 2015

Hi,

I didn't get a workout in today:( I shopped for Thanksgiving dinner, planned my meals for this week, cooked & payed bills. It was a long day but hopefully it will clear my head for the week ahead. I have a lot of driving and stores to go to before Black Friday:rolleyes:

Belinda - That was a beautiful story with a happy ending!! You and your DH are special people to do what you did:)

Kristin - Is being a rep a lot of work? It sounds like you would really enjoy it.

Cookie - Maybe after the stings DH will rethink it;) Our farmer's market has a honey stand with so many different products. Ds's & gfs will come for dinner, I'll still make the same amount of food too.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

D19 is done :)

Thanks Debbie :) I felt so bad for the dog. I posted a pic on FB this morning. Poor thing :( I am so happy he is safe.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I will be back later.

Workout done. I did Intensity, the premix with step and low hiit. Then I added bonus abs 1 from RWH. I still have a stuffed nose, but my voice is coming back. Two more days until Thanksgiving break! My boys are off after tomorrow, but my school is open :/. My dad said he would watch them for the day.

Belinda- I see you post things about shelter dogs on Facebook a lot. I think it is great you do what you can to help them. I was talking to DH. When the boys are older and Baxter passes away, I would go for a shelter dog. They deserve a second chance.

Deb- it is a lot of work as far as attending meetings and dealing with building issues. At the same time, it is a respected position and it gets a stipend. I was just made the chair of the Action Committee, so that is a step up. We shall see what is in store for me down the road.

Cookie- work has been a bit crazy. I went to a SIOP training on Friday. The presenter was from . .. PEARSON. I was disgusted when I saw Pearson on all the materials. Without thinking, in front of my Curriculum Director, I said something like "Pearson? Oh great! You gotta be freakin' kidding me." She heard me, lol, I don't care. I hate the name, I hate the company and I was livid that I had to sit there through it. I ended up taking the online survey at the end. I gave the facilitator a nice review, but ripped apart the company in the any other comments section. I felt better after that :).

Okay, off to shower and get ready for tomorrow.

Kristin

Wow, Belinda, thank you and your dh for being so kind, compassionate and generous. It is terrible to think how some animals are treated. Hope you are able to rest and recover today.
Kristin, hope you're doing better with the cold. I was a bldg rep for a few years. While it is important, it was a lot of time listening to complaints.
Deb, Thanksgiving is a lot of work, but it is my favorite holiday. But then again, I'm only cooking it once a year!
Did KickMax this morning. Nice way to start the week, with a some kicking, and upper cuts!
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did superset shoulders & back with free weights. I'm not sure but I keep finding myself in the food store everyday actually I'm getting different things from different stores. I guess I should be happy I have the option of so many stores close by LOL.

Belinda - I haven't been on FB but I will go and check out the dog! On the news, 2 puppies were sealed shut in a fish tank and someone found them TG. It broke my heart, they had tears in their eyes but they will put them up for adoption soon.

Kristin - I hope you will be all better for Thanksgiving. Too bad the days off with the boys wasn't reversed! The good thing is you are really interested in making changes for the teachers.

Cookie - I like that you can put the turkey in the oven for hours & have so much time to get other things done:)

Hey guys. Just finished Flex Train tonight. That one always fires up my shoulders. One more day until Thanksgiving! I am not ready. I wish I was off tomorrow, lol.

Cookie- I hear you on the complaints. Because I am the Action Committee Chair (started this year), I've already been hearing complaints. My job is to unite and mobilize the members, so I have to remain polite and listen. Hard to do at times. . . especially with people who complain nonstop but they never show up to the rallies or meetings or even remember to wear their union shirt on Friday. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Deb- I do want to make changes and getting involved more than last two years has felt "right" for me. I am feeling better today, but my voice is still hoarse.

Waving hello to Belinda! What are your plans for this holiday?

Kristin

Hi,

I did tri's and abs today with free weights. I was planning to take off tomorrow but that is not happening, it will be a full day:mad: I feel bad for my boss so much merchandise has not arrived in the stores. I just sent her 3 emails about store problems and she deals with all the stores throughout the US. Hopefully it's just an East Coast problem.

Belinda & Cookie - Are you preparing for the holiday?

Kristin - I am not ready tomorrow, hoping for some magic! I've been wanting to do Flex Train maybe this weekend.

'Morning!
Belinda, that terrific you're involved with rescues. Our three are all rescues, and they are truly loves in my life. Well, okay, the one drives me crazy with her barking, but that is her heredity. She's a terrier who keeps us all in line. Honestly, I think that little four-pound fur ball has scared away more deer and other wildlife than all our other pets ever.
Kristin, we must be thinking alike. I was going to do FlexTrain this morning but feel too tired. Am hoping to get it in this evening. I also wish I was off today. It wears me out to listen to constantly complaining, esp since listening is the major portion of my job anyway. And some folks just love to complain and complain and complain without doing anything to change things.
Deb, I did supersets the other morning and had forgotten how great that one is. Is it the goods aren't shipped to the stores or the stores are selling out? Everytime I go to a store lately, there are crowds.
Went to a hockey game last night, so am tired this morning. Or maybe it's the dark and the thoughts of all the baking and prep I have to do for tomorrow. Oh well, off to earn some money.
Cookie

Good morning,

This morning DH got all this blood work, EKG and X-rays done . His surgery is on Dec 4:) On the way home from the VA, we stopped by the animal control. The animal control officer was so nice, she brought out the dog so we can see him. He is so scared, had his tail between his legs. After a while he clinched on to us and started to trust us :( Poor baby! He is still on that 5 day hold. We also gave them a giant bag of dog food and cleaning products.

Yesterday I did a 20 metabolism workout. I will do D20 after I am done posting.

Cookie - Aleisa has a terrier mix, he is the same way. He is very small dog, but he makes a lot of noises :) We rescue 4 dogs. I have 2 dogs. Aleisa has one and my son has one.

Debbie - I went grocery shopping on Sunday, still have to pick up a few things for tomorrow. Are your prepared for TG? I saw the news, 2 puppies were sealed shut in a fish tank, WTH? Isn't that sad :( People are heartless!!

Kirstin - I know a lot of people think I am a nut for posting so much about dogs/animal:D Their are so many animal getting abused, dumped every day. It just breaks my heart. Wished I could help them all and take them in:) People are so cruel to animals, just don't get it. BTW, you can find poor breed dogs in the shelter. All our dogs are rescue dogs :)

I'll better get my workout in. I will be back later.

Hey guys. Just finished my workout. I did Step Moves and then added on the Blasts only premix of LIC. It was a good workout. I've done that combo before and it is a good one when you want steady state and then a little blast at the end. I was sweaty at the end.

Today was a long day, but it is over now. I am going to get up early tomorrow to get everything ready. I am going to need to have some wine when my sister gets here, lol.

Belinda- I know Boxers end up in shelters often because owners don't know how to train them and give up on them when they behave badly. A lot of high energy dogs end up in shelters. People don't understand that dogs need discipline and exercise. With Baxter I walk him every day. I play with him every day and I do "brain exercises" with him too. I'll hide his toy and he has to find it or I'll throw his toy and hide myself. If he doesn't get physical exercise and mental stimulation, he goes a bit crazy. People look at puppies and fall in love, not realizing there is a lot of responsibility in getting a dog and if you do not meet your dog's needs, he won't be a happy, centered dog. I think it is great what you are doing!

Cookie- I know the worst complainers are the ones who do not want to do anything about what they are complaining about in the first place. Since getting involved and becoming chair of the action committee, I have really turned my building around as far as uniting them. I had a lot of members who refused to buy the union shirt and wear it on Fridays. Now about 85-90% of the building are wearing the shirts. I got a nice number of them to picket too.

Deb- hoping you had a good day today at work with no hassles.

I am contemplating doing a weight workout tomorrow of the total body persuasion. We shall see. . .

Kristin

Hi,

It was a rough day, everything hurts but I feel like I walked a lot at a fast pace so considering that a workout. We have an inexpensive Men's wallet & some gifting that we sell at Bloomingdale's during the holidays. All 3 of my stores did not receive anything! I feel bad because they told me customers are asking for them, compared to everything else in the store it is a real bargain. I guess on Monday I'll find out from my boss what happened.

I started some prep work tonight & will be up early tomorrow to put the turkey in.

Belinda - Awww, the dog is adorable! He/she has such a cute face:)

Kristin - Is your brother going to your parents house too?

Cookie - The stores have been so crowded the last weeko_O Not sure why, actually this year less time between Thanksgiving & Christmas so maybe that is why.

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm so very thankful for my friends here. It's a very heartfelt gratitude for each of you.
Belinda, you are so generous and caring to help out. Thanks for the link to the photos. That poor dog. Loved how he made a bee line for the comfy pillow and collapsed on it. How is dh feeling about his upcoming surgery?
Kristin, that's awesome the turn around you've made in your building. It must feel great to be responsible for it. We were very concerned w/how eldest ds would do at my niece's wedding, but TG all went well. He's coming for dinner today, so hopefully that will also go well. He gets so much anxiety before social settings compiled with other issues, it can be extremely beyond unpleasant.
Deb, are the wallets like a hook to get shoppers in the store? I'm sure you get a lot of steps with your job.
Went to a hockey game on Tuesday night so was tired yesterday morning and never got a wo in. Going to go do FlexTrain right now, get a dog walk in, and then go to a sister's for helping with cooking the big meal.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Cookie

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
I am also thankful for my friends here:)

It was a nice day, everything went smoothly, the day flew by & the weather was awesome;) Tomorrow (even though I hate shopping on Black Friday) we are going to the Woodbury Commons outlets with my SILs, niece & my nephews wife. I'm going mainly for the social part & also the weather will be really nice.

Waves hi to Belinda, Kristin & Cookie

"morning!
Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. I have much to be thankful for.
Belinda, you have a lot going on in the next two months. Do you plan your workouts around the upcoming events?
Kristin, hope yesterday went well. What plans do you have for the rest of the weekend?
Deb, the weather here was also great yesterday. A little windy but the temp was great. Have fun shopping. Think I might do a little online Black Friday shopping but that will be it. I'm a wimp when it comes to crowds and being able to think.
Doing a Firm workout this morning Up & Down, a mix of cardio and wts.
Cookie

Good morning,

We spent/meet Thanksgiving with Aleisa's boyfriends family yesterday. We had a lot of fun. Even my son and his fiancé had lots of fun. They thought they wouldn't stay long, ended up staying for hours. I did got up at 5 a.m to cooked a turkey for my family :) While my turkey was cooking, I did a Jenny Ford workout.

I will to Costco today and see what sales they have. Bought a few things last year.

I am bee doing lots of online shopping this year. Mary from Totalfitnessdvd's is having here Black Friday sale. Great prices!!

Cookie - yes, I do! I am still doing STS. I will finish STS not until Jan. We plan on going to El Paso for my son's wedding in Jan. I am already planing my workouts. We are plan on taking the RV, need to plan for that :) I wasn't sure, if the pic of the dog would show :) DH is a little nerves about the upcoming surgery. So is Aleisa :( I can't believe his surgery is already next week.

Debbie - you are brave going shopping on a day like Black Friday :p Hope you find lots of great deal. BTW, the dog is cute :)

Kirstin - so sad…boxers/and other dogs end up in shelters. It's a commitment once you make that decision to get a dog :) You have to have time to exercise/train them. That's cool how you exercise your dog and care for him. You are a good mommy :)

I will do D21 later today.

Have fun shopping. I will be back later.

'Morning!
Belinda, did you get anything from totalfitness's sale? I also saw beach body is having a sale. Anything you recommend?
Kristin, I think folks in general don't realize how big a commitment any relationship is, and a dog is a definite commitment. One of my sisters just took in a beautiful dog that the owner never really took care of, apparently it was too big a commitment for the first owner.
Deb, you must get a lot of steps in with your job. Bet the yoga helps with the stress.
Thinking of doing sts tb this morning. It's hard to choose when Cathe has so many good workouts. Sounds like we might have the new series in a couple of weeks!
Cookie

Good morning,

Today I will do cardio, not sure what yet?

Cookie - I been buying dvd's like crazy:p I pretty much bought all of Karen Voight dvd's. I like her workouts a lot, especially her stretching/weight dvd's. I also bought most of Tracie Long dvd's, none of the Fit Primes. Those are to dated for me. I can't get passed the setting/cloth. :D I am getting ready to buy Keli Roberts dvd's. I refuse paying a monthly fee for streaming :) Those add up, IMO!! I'll be honest, the older workouts are better than some of the newer workouts with all those drills/HiiT workouts, JMO!! Don't give me wrong…I do like Hiit/drill workouts, but not every single workout. I didn't buy anything from Beachbody for Black Friday, that's a first :) LOL!! I already own most of what they offered. If you still can get Brazil Butt Lift. I highly recommend that one. When Beachbody having those huge sales, a lot of time they take out the bonus dvd:( I also would recommend LesMill Combat, again make sure you get the bonus dvd. Awww…that is so sweet of your sister taking in the dog :) Have fun with your workout. I almost forgot…..I also bought Jessica Smith 30 Day set, it was 40% off. She is running a sale right now.

I will be back later. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Mine was a success. There were no family feuds, lol. My dad seemed to enjoy himself. The kids were happy to see their cousins. My DS asked me in front of everyone if my nephew could sleepover, putting me on the spot. I couldn't say no, and the look on DH's face was priceless. We had been up since six cleaning and cooking, so we were both exhausted. Anyway, it turned out to be fine. The boys went to bed around 10, we went to sleep after them and it was a peaceful night. Friday, I took Baxter to the dog beach (it was 60 degrees here! :)). I walked about 5-6 miles doing the trails with him, and that was workout because I was too tired to do anything else, lol. Today I did Supersets. I wanted to do an easier weight workout. My biceps are nice and pumped now though, lol.

Deb- because my sister insulted my sister-in-law and her parenting decisions with the baby a few months back, my brother and SIL declined our invitation to dinner. That was the white elephant in the room this year. No one spoke of it. We had a good time though. Wish my crazy sister would learn to let everyone be in peace. She just cannot let things be. My aunt and uncle live by the Woodbury Commons (upstate NY). That is too funny. It was in the paper today that the outlets I go to in Deer Park, Tanger Outlets, well, their parking lot is a disaster. Anyway, people were in their cars for four hours in the parking lot trying to get in and out!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:Is that not crazy? That is why I do not do Black Friday shopping. that and I hate crazy people, lol.

Belinda- I could never imagine abandoning my dog in a shelter. As it is, when we go on vacation in February, we are leaving Baxter at my dog trainer's house and I feel soooooo guilty about that. It is for one week! I cannot imagine dumping him somewhere forever. He is a part of my family now. I was afraid to get a shelter dog with my boys being so young. In the future, I would definitely get one from a shelter as opposed to a pet store.

Cookie- I procrastinated with my paperwork. . . well, not really, I just have a life, right? So tomorrow I will be grading and planning for the month. If I can get my plans done for December, which shouldn't be that time consuming because I am teaching A Christmas Carol, and I just need to tweak some lessons due to curriculum changes, I will be in good shape for the month.

Okay, I am off to shower and have family game night.

BB tomorrow.

Kristin

BTW- I forgot to say that I am thankful for this checkin as well. It has kept me on track for years now and I appreciate it and all of you so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.