Jari Love Rotation

Hi,
I purchased the following DVD's from Mary's website and wondering if someone can help me put together a rotation.
Get Ripped to the core
Get Ripped slim and lean
Get Ripped & Chiseled
Get Ripped 1000
Get extremely Ripped

Thank you!

Hi,
I purchased the following DVD's from Mary's website and wondering if someone can help me put together a rotation.
Get Ripped to the core
Get Ripped slim and lean
Get Ripped & Chiseled
Get Ripped 1000
Get extremely Ripped

Thank you!
You almost got them in the right order. Move Get Ripped 1000 ahead of GR&C. Take out GER and do it on days when you want a shorter easier workout. Do one of these workout every other day. Do something else in between. It can be anything except heavy lifting. Too much stress on the joints without any benefit when combined with Jari. The aerobic adaptation is the default.
Start with using a lighter weight than you can handle for the first 2 weeks until you see how your joints respond. If you don't have any aches, increase your weights so you reach lactic acid burn and near failure by the end of each segment. It triggers mitochondrial growth. If you feel your joint, back off to 2 days a week and keep with lower weights and partial workouts until your joints adjust to the new workload.

On the alternate days, you can do any cardio you like Cathe's, running, biking, Barre, Yoga. Whatever you feel like. I saw the other thread. Don't do insanity. It doesn't fit in an aerobic endurance rotation. I did running but I was working on my VO2 Max.

I've been pressed for time lately, but I promise I'll check again to see if you have any questions. If you give me a list of what you would like to do for the other workouts, I might be able to help.

You almost got them in the right order. Move Get Ripped 1000 ahead of GR&C. Take out GER and do it on days when you want a shorter easier workout. Do one of these workout every other day. Do something else in between. It can be anything except heavy lifting. Too much stress on the joints without any benefit when combined with Jari. The aerobic adaptation is the default.
Start with using a lighter weight than you can handle for the first 2 weeks until you see how your joints respond. If you don't have any aches, increase your weights so you reach lactic acid burn and near failure by the end of each segment. It triggers mitochondrial growth. If you feel your joint, back off to 2 days a week and keep with lower weights and partial workouts until your joints adjust to the new workload.

On the alternate days, you can do any cardio you like Cathe's, running, biking, Barre, Yoga. Whatever you feel like. I saw the other thread. Don't do insanity. It doesn't fit in an aerobic endurance rotation. I did running but I was working on my VO2 Max.

I've been pressed for time lately, but I promise I'll check again to see if you have any questions. If you give me a list of what you would like to do for the other workouts, I might be able to help.

Thank you Soapmaker! I'm planning on using mostly Cathe's cardio workouts for my in between days. I have the following workouts that I plan on using....TO THE MAX, CROSS FIRE, DRILL MAX, XTRAIN, RIPPED WITH HITT, and HIGH STEP CIRCUIT. Now what I'm confuse about is when doing Cathe's cardio workouts is it ok to do the ones that incorporate toning with light weights or should I be sticking to strictly cardio for the in between days? Thank you once again for taking the time to help me!!

Lourdes

Thank you Soapmaker! I'm planning on using mostly Cathe's cardio workouts for my in between days. I have the following workouts that I plan on using....TO THE MAX, CROSS FIRE, DRILL MAX, XTRAIN, RIPPED WITH HITT, and HIGH STEP CIRCUIT. Now what I'm confuse about is when doing Cathe's cardio workouts is it ok to do the ones that incorporate toning with light weights or should I be sticking to strictly cardio for the in between days? Thank you once again for taking the time to help me!!

Lourdes
You are very welcome!
You can use any of these as long as your joints aren't bothering you and you don't go too heavy. You can also use any of Cathe's metabolic workouts from the last few series. Make sure you're eating well enough to fuel the workouts. No skipping on protein and make sure you get some carbs. If you have the time, do one of Cathe's warm ups before you start Jari. She doesn't do good warm ups, just a little light weight work to get the muscles ready. Don't forget to stretch.

Post and let me know how you're doing. I hope you get as much out of Jari as I did.

Soapmaker and lulu68, I've been reading your posts on Jari. I have those 4 workouts from several years ago. For some reason they got pushed to the back of my shelves. I've now unearthed them. Did Get Ripped to the Core today. That's a great endurance workout! I LOVE total body workouts, so I'm glad to rediscover them. I'm going to follow the rotation. Thanks!

Soapmaker and lulu68, I've been reading your posts on Jari. I have those 4 workouts from several years ago. For some reason they got pushed to the back of my shelves. I've now unearthed them. Did Get Ripped to the Core today. That's a great endurance workout! I LOVE total body workouts, so I'm glad to rediscover them. I'm going to follow the rotation. Thanks!

I love Jari workouts! I am cycling through them right now.

I cycle through a few weeks of Cathe total body workouts, a few weeks of Jari's, and a few weeks of Amy Bento's. They are all basically endurance-type weight workouts as I never use any of their mixed metabolic-style workouts. Any weight workout that I can do at home without assistive racks and incorporates pulses and multiple sets are endurance based as far as I'm concerned. Although Jari's are true high-rep workouts in comparison to the others.

I think Jari's are extremely effective for muscle definition! I also like the constant movement and the slight cardio effect they give in comparison to Cathe or Amy B.

If people can get past the fact that she looks underweight and her goofy carb talk, they will find some great workouts if they use challenging enough weight.

Joejack, I agree completely. I've been frustrated with all the split body parts workouts lately. I like to either work total body or at least total UB and then total LB. Rediscovering Jari has given me 4 "new" ones to do. I'm excited. I also have some of Amy's. I'll get them out too. LOVE shopping in my own bookshelf! Jari has pretty good music too. I just tune out the yack, yack and sometime focus on the background exercisers. I'll be back to Cathe cardio today. Just got Tabatacise from Mary's sale, so that's on for today.

I've been following this thread with interest. Mary at Total fitness has her sale right now and I see Jari has a 4 DVD set. I don't own any of her workouts so she is completely new to me. The 4 DVD set goes in my cart, out, put it back in, take it out, in, out! I'm making myself crazy with it!

Leave it in your cart. For $19.00, it's a steal. Four of her workouts, and if you have never tried her, here's your chance. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Jari. I get tired of her carb talk, and all of her crew work harder than she does. I have to ignore her, and do my own thing with her workouts. If you do that, you can get a workout. This is just my opinion. Many people love her, so don't take my opinion as law and gospel.

You are very welcome!
You can use any of these as long as your joints aren't bothering you and you don't go too heavy. You can also use any of Cathe's metabolic workouts from the last few series. Make sure you're eating well enough to fuel the workouts. No skipping on protein and make sure you get some carbs. If you have the time, do one of Cathe's warm ups before you start Jari. She doesn't do good warm ups, just a little light weight work to get the muscles ready. Don't forget to stretch.

Post and let me know how you're doing. I hope you get as much out of Jari as I did.
Hi Soapmaker,
One more question...I will be starting this rotation tomorrow (Monday) do I start my rotation with Jary Love or with cardio?

Lourdes

Hi Soapmaker,
One more question...I will be starting this rotation tomorrow (Monday) do I start my rotation with Jary Love or with cardio?

Lourdes

If you've been exercising regularly doing both cardio and weight, you can start with either one. If you haven't, start with 20 to 30 minute of cardio followed by some Jari. One of the Extremely Ripped is good to do here. You can do half and half any day when you don't feel up to anything else and just keep it low key.

If you've been doing Cathe regularly, Jari will be easier. You might be sore the first time or two, but it'll quickly go away. Remember the key is to use the right weight to efficiently trigger the aerobic adaptation.

I just convinced my sister to try Jari. She's been doing 30 minute 3 to 4x a week. I'm so excited. She'll be ready for Cathe by Christmas.

Justinef, I did love it!!! Did all 5 Tabatas. I thought the "recovery blasts" were sometimes as hard as the tabatas! FUN, FUN cardio. This will be part of my rotations from now on. Wondering why I didn't have it before. . .

I thought the recovery blasts are what made this workout great. I love them. I thought they were inspired. This workout is my favorite Tabata style workout. It is a favorite in our house. Every time I get to the third recovery, I just want time to stop and I keep exercising indefinitely.

If you've been exercising regularly doing both cardio and weight, you can start with either one. If you haven't, start with 20 to 30 minute of cardio followed by some Jari. One of the Extremely Ripped is good to do here. You can do half and half any day when you don't feel up to anything else and just keep it low key.

If you've been doing Cathe regularly, Jari will be easier. You might be sore the first time or two, but it'll quickly go away. Remember the key is to use the right weight to efficiently trigger the aerobic adaptation.

I just convinced my sister to try Jari. She's been doing 30 minute 3 to 4x a week. I'm so excited. She'll be ready for Cathe by Christmas.
Hi! Did the Ripped 1000 today...loved it!! That's exactly what I was looking for! The whole time I was doing the workout, I thought about how much I would love it if Cathe did a serious (rotation) similar to the ripped DVD's. Maybe in the near future! I don't remember if I ask you...What weights did you use for the workouts when the focus was on the upper body? Thanks!

Lourdes

Hi! Did the Ripped 1000 today...loved it!! That's exactly what I was looking for! The whole time I was doing the workout, I thought about how much I would love it if Cathe did a serious (rotation) similar to the ripped DVD's. Maybe in the near future! I don't remember if I ask you...What weights did you use for the workouts when the focus was on the upper body? Thanks!

Lourdes
I like Ripped 1000 too. Much harder than the ER1000.

When I started I used 5, 8 and 10 lbs depending on the movement. I've gone up to mostly 12, 15, and 20. I have the short bars that you can load with plates. I used them to slowly increase my weights (1.25 lb increments). I still use light weights like 5 lbs (or less if I feel tired) for movements like a squat with a frontal raise (long lever). I go heavier for things like upright rows. I use my heart rate as a guide. Nothing gets my heart rate up as fast as this type of weight lifting. I've had to use lighter weights than I can handle for some segments to keep my heart rate from going above 180. I just add more reps.

Please don't be tempted to use heavy weights with small muscles or up the weights too quickly. It is a recipe for disaster that won't show up for a while. If you have Cathe's 100 rep segments, add them also. They fit perfectly here. Also the high rep workout. I totally agree that Cathe needs to do an aerobic weight training DVD set: Pre STS conditioning or Meso 0.

Just poking my head in again & wondering if anyone has tried out her 'Best Body Member' program? There's virtually no info that I could find on it.
I've been going back to Jari a lot more lately particularly with the goal of re-conditioning my shoulders. I want them to retain their strength which I was having some issues with.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.