Commit to get Fit & Lean for July & December 2015

Hey guys. Today's workout was Step Blast. I knew Cathe did a combo from that one in the Steptastic class on Saturday and so I wanted to do it again, lol. I am a sweaty mess right now.

DS's tournament team lost both games yesterday. They played against a team from Oklahoma and then San Diego. Even though they lost, my son hit off both teams. One was a base hit and RBI and one was a triple (the only hit of the game). I was very proud of him. He also pitched in the 2nd game after the first pitcher choked. Even though some got hits off of him and runs (more because of errors by the infielders), the runners were afraid to steal with him on the mound because he was aggressive in trying to get them out. I was one proud mama, lol. He has another game in the tournament tonight, but it is against the San Diego team again, so I don't have my hopes high that they will win, but you never know. I told you that he selected to be on this team. Well, only three players from his team were selected to play in this tournament and one of the father's of a pain in the ass kid on the team came to the tournament and saw my son and the two other boys play. He was pissed that his son didn't get selected and sent the entire regular team an email basically letting everyone know what was going on. The coach didn't tell all the parents because he didn't want to hurt any of the kids' feelings, but now it is out there. The best part is like I said, this kid is a pain the ass. He isn't a team player and he isn't even that good of a baseball player. He constantly makes errors (overthrows) or doesn't pay attention. He gets mad if he doesn't get the position he wants to play and then messes up on purpose. He has had an issue with just about every kid on the team. The coaches don't want to keep him for the fall season. Now the father is trying to cause a problem with the team. Unbelievable. Oh, and when the kid messes up (which is EVERY game), the father says that he doesn't practice. "I tell him to practice, but he rather play Minecraft." Well there you go. My son gets up and the first thing he does is watch MLB channel to STUDY the players and the plays. He practices his swings every day even in the heat. He lives for baseball! Ugh! so annoyed.

Belinda- you wanna do it with me? That would be a motivator for me.

Deb- It was soooo hot yesterday. I got dizzy at the first game.

Waving hello to Cookie and Wendy!

Kristin

Kirstin -sorry your DS's tournament team lost yesterday :( Fingers crossed they will win next time :) I am thinking about doing your rotation next week, you would motivate me too :p I don't have dvd's I don't have is RWH :) I can sub something else for the cardio? Good job on SB this morning. That one is always fun. It's every humid outside, you need to drink lots of water. The heat can get to you.

Still didn't get a workout in :( been cleaning my floors.

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class & took DS's dog for a walk w/DH. I can't believe how many houses are for sale in our neighborhood. I like walking the dog because I get to see everything that's going on in the neighborhood LOL.

Belinda - I'm amazed at the space you saved!! I also like the idea of no one knowing just how many DVDs I actually have;)

Kristin - Sorry your DS lost but he is getting so much experience which is great! Ugh, on the parent I think the coach handled it perfectly & he goes and ruins it:rolleyes: I'm thinking about doing the 3 total body workouts you have in your rotation & doing my own cardio and yoga for the other workouts.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext. cardio and PS - CST :)

Debbie - I would be amazed to see the final picture :p And the mountain of empty dvd cases I have :( Once you get them out to the dvd case, I realized I had way to may workout dvd's until you stack them against the wall :D Last weekend, I returned Zumba set at Costco:p I bought the set a few month ago, never open it. I really didn't needed another set. I also got rid of a lot of workout dvd's, I will knew I never use or never get around. I need to stop buying!

Hallo to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Hi everyone. I busted Great Glutes out today for the first time (bought it on the road trip). I decided to do the extreme premix, OMG! :eek: It was tough. My legs were wobbly. Now I know where some of the moves with the band came from on the RT, lol. I see some real definition in my hamstrings from the floor work I've been doing the last few weeks. I am thinking I might add floor work once a week to one of the TB workouts. Maybe the FW from Xtrain legs or something, a quick premix. Anyway, heading to my parents house to go in the pool.

Belinda- I think you could sub any Hiit you want with the RWH hiit I put in the rotation. I just wanted to mix the cardio so that each week I am doing 1 steady state, 1 hiit, and 1 metabolic type cardio. Costco is great with accepting returns.

Deb- Can you believe it has been a week already since the first day of the RT? Summer is moving way too fast for my liking, lol. It needs to slow the heck down! As for that parent. . . he is a real jackass and I have had it with a bunch of the jackass parents on the team, so they better watch out. I'm nice and keep quiet, but once I've had enough. . . I've had enough. They will know it, lol.

BBL

Kristin

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext Dirty 30 and Lift it Hiit it Legs.

Kirstin - I think food work like barre really made a difference in my legs. I need start it up again. I see you are starting your rotation today. I will start on Monday, still finishing up Cathe's July rotation. I already planned on subbing any HiiT for Cathe's and any step for Party Rocking step :)

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang. BBL!

Good morning,

Today is a rest day (if you can call it that). No workout, but I plan on cleaning my house top to bottom. I am starting my rotation tomorrow. It'll be great if we all do it together (total body workouts).

Belinda- I thought the floor work in Great Glutes was going to kill me. The double amount of pizza presses, oh my!:eek: My butt has major DOMS today!

Kristin

Quick check in : Lift it HiiTit Legs and 21 DF Dirty 30 is done. I also added 2 sets/24 reps of leg extensions plus leg curls at the end.

Cathe Friedrich’s Ripped with HIIT: Lift It HIIT It Legs
Warm-up:
Round # 1
Strength: Squats: 24 reps (20s)
Cardio: Squat digs: 32 reps

Round #2
Strength: Plié squats: 16 reps (35)
Cardio: Plié jacks: 24 reps

Round #3
Strength: Static lunges: 16 reps (20s)
Cardio: Split jumps: 24 reps

Round #4
Strength: Static lunges: 16 reps (20s)
Cardio: Split jumps: 24 reps

Round #5
Strength: Squats: 24 reps (25s)
Cardio: Pop squats: 24 reps

Round #6
Strength: Plié squats: 16 reps (40)
Cardio: Touch-down plié jacks: 24 reps

Round #7
Strength: Wood-chop side lunges: 24 reps (10)
Strength: Wood-chop side lunges, other side: 24 reps (10)
Cardio: Traveling side lunges (12)

Round #8
Strength: Cross-back lunges: 16 reps (15)
Strength: Cross-back lunges, other side: 16 reps (15)
Cardio: Lateral power-skates: 32 reps

Round #9
Strength: Low-pulse lunges (15)
Strength: Low-pulse lunges, other leg (15)
Cardio: Power scissors with circling arms: 32 reps

Round #10
Strength: Standard-stance deadlifts: 16 reps (25s)
Cardio: Snow-angel jacks: 20 reps

Round #11
Strength: Wide-stance deadlifts: 16 reps (25s)
Cardio: Frog jumps with a turn: 10 reps

Round #12
Strength: Walking lunges: 6 passes (15s)
Cardio: Scissor, scissor, wide tuck: 5 reps per lead

Cool-down

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

Today I took a rest day. Yesterday I did Upper body sculpting Live. Last night DH & I went out for dinner. Our August is booking up with so many occasions (wedding & birthdays) wished they weren't all in one month:confused:

Belinda - I forgot how much is in Hiit Legs & you did a second workout too!!

Kristin - I can't believe it's a week already since the RT:( I really like Great Glutes but haven't tried that premix.

Waves hi to everyone

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext Yoga today. I need it!

Debbie - I can't believe it's already August :( Sounds like you have a lot going on this month.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

Day one of my TB Workout rotation done. I just finished High Reps. My glutes were still sore from Great Glutes the other day, but I was able to do all the reps with a challenging weight. I am going to swim some laps in the pool now, so maybe that will loosen my legs up a bit too, lol.

Not much else to report. I took my boys to see the movie Ant Man yesterday. It was actually very good. I really liked it. My lord did Michael Douglas get old!!!

Belinda- Summer is going too fast, isn't it? Nice job on the yoga today.

Deb- this month we are busy too between DS and DH's birthday, the finishing of the baseball season and parties. . . Plus I go back to work on the 31st :confused::( I want to get the most out of this summer. Rumor has it this winter will be another brutal one.

Waving hello to Cookie and Wendy.

Kristin

Kirstin - I am curious, why didn't you started the rotation on Monday? Is it because of work? I like Sunday's as my rest day :) Nice job on HR today and your sore legs :)

Hi,

Today I ran at the track for about 20 min. w/one challenge from cc7. I also did High Reps. I just also finished my computer work. I'm off tomorrow but have Dr. appt & errands.

Belinda - Did you combine July & August because they go by too quickly;) I look forward to yoga too.

Kristin - Ugh on the thought of another tough winter & school starting in August:mad: I always have to go lower during the exercises in high reps because the partials always get me.

Cookie - You must be starting your vacation, yay!!

Good morning,

I will do High Reps and 21 DF Ext Plyo today.

Debbie - wtg, on your run and HR. Yes, I combined July & August :) Hope you guys don't mind? I wanted to make sure I find Kirstin's rotation :)

I will be back later.

Good morning! Just finished RWH Plyo Hiit 2, plus bonus abs 1. This is my favorite Hiit workout that is not low impact. It just goes by so fast, and although it is hard, I do not dread doing it. I was sweating buckets at the end of this workout. As a matter of fact when it was time to do the plank work at the end, I almost slipped on my mat, lol. The rest of the day I plan on doing laundry and enjoying the pool.

Belinda- I guess because of work, I always workout both weekend days. It never occurred to me to even make Sunday a rest day in the summer. When I am working, I am pretty tired either Wednesday or Thursday night, so much so that I cannot begin to think of doing a workout. That's why I typically schedule a rest day during the week instead of the weekend. It would be nice to have a whole weekend day off though. One less "thing" to do, but I just don't think I can push through the work week without a break from working out.

Deb- partials are evil, aren't they? The ones that burn the most of me in High Reps is the triceps overhead extensions. I dropped to 5#s the last two sets of partials yesterday. I find that I am pushing myself more since the RT though. Like with the push ups. I hate doing push ups and always do them on my knees. Yesterday, I did the regular count 8 on my toes, then dropped to my knees for the faster ones, only because I would not be able to keep up. I think I needed the RT to give me a boost. I was trying to convince DH to let me go to Daytone, but he has a grand opening the week of the 12th and he cannot take off during that time to watch the boys while I go. Maybe next time.

Okay, off to enjoy the day.

BB tomorrow with Muscle Max on tap!

Kristin

I am done with High Reps :) love that workout, so much fun.

Kirstin - I agree, partials are evil. I also dropped my weight with the overhead extensions. I used two 8's#, need to drop the next time. I am doing Plyo today…maybe I skip tomorrow's Plyo and move on to MM? I got you on the rest day…makes sense now :)

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class & ran too many errands but did get a lot done LOL!! Tomorrow I'm off to so will do stuff around the house.

Belinda - We don't mind that you combined the summer months, good point about easy viewing of Kristin's rotation. High reps is a good one & so is plyo:)

Kristin - I was wondering why you picked Thursday as a rest day too, but now we know;) I needed to go down in weight for the arm partials too. I'm wondering if Cathe will pick another place next year for a RT. It would have been nice for you to join me in Daytona.

Waves hi to everyone

Good morning,

I will do 21 DF Ext Upper today and cardio(?).

Debbie - that's what I thought :) Good job on the yoga yesterday. DH and I were looking at Home Depot for sliding doors. Didn't find anything I like :( Well, except one….it was $4000 :) Go figure!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today.

Muscle Max all done. My legs were still a bit sore from HR, but I managed to get it done. You know the one arm row, where you put one foot on the step? The leg that was on the step was shaking and quivering the whole time. . . both sides. Is that strange or were my legs just exhausted that even a slightly leaning lunge would make them shake? I don't know. My legs were very very wobbly with the plie squats too. I'll do some stretching in the pool today.

Belinda- good idea not to do MM the day after HR. I think I could have used one more recovery day before doing MM today.

Deb- I would love it if Cathe would do a RT in the Hamptons. I wouldn't even book a hotel. I would drive the hour back and forth for 3 days, lol.

Okay, I need to get in that pool and finish the laundry (well, the boys' laundry anyway).

BB tomorrow.

Kristin

Almost forgot to post my workouts. I did 21 DF Ext Upper Fix and Turbo Fire 45 class + stretch.

Kirstin - good job on MM today. I am sore today too. Looks like you really worked your muscles today. I realized you add abs almost every day? I worked abs yesterday, skipped today's. I don't see a need to work abs every day :D

Good night, ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.