Lighter weight

TG007

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and everyone,

I have been diagnosed with RA last year.

Now I can workout. I would like to know if I lift lighter weights in STS (where I have to continue to lift heavier) and all other DVDs and eat clean diet will I be able to get ripped? I want to be toned and ripped. But not sure if lifting only lighter weights will be any good for my goal.

I have done all the DVDs and lift heavy before and had to stop for almost a year. I have been back to my workout routines for over a month now.

I would like advice on how to choose weight especially in STS (which I'm almost done with the first mesocycle. Only 1 more DVD to go. Then I'll start Mesocycle 2 ).

Thank you,
TG

Last edited:
Hi Cathe and everyone,

I have been diagnosed with RA last year.

Now I can workout. I would like to know if I lift lighter weights in STS (where I have to continue to lift heavier) and all other DVDs and eat clean diet will I be able to get ripped? I want to be toned and ripped. But not sure if lifting only lighter weights will be any good for my goal.

I have done all the DVDs and lift heavy before and had to stop for almost a year. I have been back to my workout routines for over a month now.

I would like advice on how to choose weight especially in STS (which I'm almost done with the first mesocycle. Only 1 more DVD to go. Then I'll start Mesocycle 2 ).

Thank you,
TG

Hi TG! Assuming your doctor has given you the clearance to exercise, you have to listen to your body and only do what it allows you at given periods of time. Instead of going to a heavy increase with all of your DVD programs, it is better to increase with a slightly heavier weight (than currently using) that produces a challenge. If that brings you muscles soreness stay with that weight for 3 weeks before adding a little more weight. While I'm certainly not a doctor and don't pretend to give advice as one, I have noticed with inflammatory conditions, going super heavy can sometimes exasperate your condition or cause a flare up. So start increasing with lighter weight challenges that produce mild soreness and let you body acclimate this way first. Between clean eating and approaching your weights with more "stepping stone" challenges I think you'll get great muscle tone and keep your RA in a more manageable place all in one. Good Luck

Hi TG! Assuming your doctor has given you the clearance to exercise, you have to listen to your body and only do what it allows you at given periods of time. Instead of going to a heavy increase with all of your DVD programs, it is better to increase with a slightly heavier weight (than currently using) that produces a challenge. If that brings you muscles soreness stay with that weight for 3 weeks before adding a little more weight. While I'm certainly not a doctor and don't pretend to give advice as one, I have noticed with inflammatory conditions, going super heavy can sometimes exasperate your condition or cause a flare up. So start increasing with lighter weight challenges that produce mild soreness and let you body acclimate this way first. Between clean eating and approaching your weights with more "stepping stone" challenges I think you'll get great muscle tone and keep your RA in a more manageable place all in one. Good Luck

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, the doctor has given me the clearance to exercise!

I'll listen to my body. I'm done with mesocycle 1 yesterday and will take a week off for active recovery.

I'll only add small amount of weight for the next mesocycles and other DVDs.

I also will eat clean diet (most of the time :) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.