Pre-Order Cathe's New Ice Series

I learned a decade ago not to make guesses on whether I need or don't need a new Cathe workout. I just order and let Cathe take me down a new path. I think the last few series really show off Cathe's years of experience. The workouts are getting smarter and more efficient. I'm ordering the DVD/download combo. I'm always amazed at how little we pay for these sets giving all the planning it takes to put them together.

People assume that super intense super advanced workouts are the best way to achieve fitness and health benefits. In reality, they are only useful to prime the body for injuries which may not show up for years. I found that optimal fitness is achieved by slowly increasing workout intensity to train the body to work aerobically. There is a reason we store energy in the form of fat and not sugar. So happy that new Cathletes will have an new intermediate set to mix in with the rest.

What I would like to see in this series:
1-Two 10 to 15 minute stretch segments, one with more focus on upper body and one on lower body. I think this is the one thing that was missing in STS
2-Leg blasts that include leg presses on the tall step
3-A running timer in one of the corners, something unobtrusive that will save me from stopping the workout to check for time when I'm short on time and can't do the whole workout.
4-Same or similar music to the last few series. I have no problem with recycling.
5-I so want a very high rep workout in the same style as Pump or Jari Love. Better yet, I would love a whole set like an STS Meso 0 to be done in preparation for STS. I'll continue to beg for one until I get it.

4-Same or similar music to the last few series. I have no problem with recycling.

Talking about recycling.
I love music used on HARDCORE series - High step challenge. Especially the song played while lifting crazy 8 on slow motion.
Recycling that and High step music would be great.:)

Cathe usually picks very good music :) I am sure she does with this one too. There is a lot of very good music out there. I personally would like to hear something upbeat to match the title. music like from the 80's. Like ICE, ICE BABY :p I would also like to see a "Play your own music bottom" option.

Will the new series incorporate much/any step? If it is incorporated, will it be avoidable via pre-mixes (without shortening the workout too much)? If I can get an answer to this, I'll go ahead and pre-order!

P.S. on videos that include any step, an "all but step" pre-mix would be appreciated. This isn't always offered.

Will any of the workouts be as low impact, but super intense like Afterburn? I have a love/hate relationship with that one and do it weekly. :)
It works so well on so many levels - heart rate, burn, and strength. Plus, the length is just right for my morning workouts.

THANKS!!

Afterburn is definitely one that kinda scares me too! I have to mentally prepare for it. I think Athletic Training is labeled intermediate but it's similar to Afterburn. Still tough! I'm looking forward to an intermediate series. At first I thought...eh....then my knee squeaked, hip giggled and shoulder got angry. Yup!

Can an administrator confirm this? Will the step be used in an aerobic capacity at all?
This is from a different thread. She also had lots of comments about this on her facebook page.
Hi Shiloh,
It's too soon to confirm definitively what will be used in the new series, but at this point in time I know it will incorporate a step used as a weight bench along with hand weights and some form of resistance band or tubing.

I have read through all the posts on this thread and I understand this series is intermediate. So does that mean it will be lower impact as well? I know there is a low impact DVD specifically in this series, just wondering about the other DVDs within the series. Thank you so much!!

I have read through all the posts on this thread and I understand this series is intermediate. So does that mean it will be lower impact as well? I know there is a low impact DVD specifically in this series, just wondering about the other DVDs within the series. Thank you so much!!
With the exception of the Low Impact HiiT workout the other cardio workouts will be mixed impact. However, the modifier will be showing modified options wherever necessary throughout the workout to make the exercise more doable/comfortable/or lower impact.

The perfect candidates for this series are as follows:

1) An intermediate exerciser who is looking for a comprehensive solid intermediate cardio & strength workout program with a cardio option (ie: Blizzard Blasts) to work towards a higher fitness goal when they are feeling stronger.

2) An advanced exerciser who is looking for a solid program to insert for a recovery week between more advanced programs or looking to alternate a few less intense workout days with their current solid advanced workout days.

3) Someone who has been away from working out for a while for whatever reason (ie: recovering from an injury or got away from their fitness lifestyle and looking to break in easier)

4) Someone who is at a point in their life where they want to get away from harder and or more extreme workouts and prefer to go a little easier on their bodies while maintaining a solid fitness level.

Cathe,
Will we see a more mature (50 +) cast member integrated into this new series? I would love to see someone more around my age (60) to help inspire me the way a couple of the ladies did in the CTX.

There are a lot of us who are more mature and still working out to home videos because we were around when it all started and thats just the way we roll. I only workout with Cathe because I for one want to stay active and vibrant for as long as I live. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work, and for always working out right along side us <3

RB

Hi Cathe or SNM,

Will ICE be available to pre-order after July 3? It's just this pre-sale came up before I had any money to spend on stuff for me. I had to help with food etc for my family to live. I would like to know if this will be like other series pre-sales in which there will be available but at different prices by pre-ordering by the specific date for that individual price?

Thanks in advance!

Nora

Yes, the Pre-Sale will continue, but the prices will be raised in several stages finally ending about a week or two before the DVDs ship.

I ordered mine in time but, I ordered by wanting to send a check. I was wondering if I will still get them at 69 because I have not sent the check yet.i usually do a card but it turns out my card is blocked because someone tried to make fraudulent charges on my account. Waiting on my new card and new checks to come in before I can send the check and I do not want to use my card anymore for anything! I am thinking it was done when I went shopping here with my family members. We have a mall that is like outside shops and it was two days they tried to get 6000 and 3000 off my card like eight times both days. I never had that kind of money. So glad they stopped it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.