Party Rocking Step#2

Hi Everyone,

I have learned and mastered both PRS#1#2. Like most of us #1 was difficult to learn but got in the end. Now it is just fun fun fun.

Today i did the 73 minutes premix from PRS#2 and love it! it consist of full PRS#2 plus 3 combo from #1 bonuses are combo 2,3 and for. then 2 and 3 where repeated. This felt as a complete different workout with no dread at all.
it just felt fun. I truly enjoyed this long steady endurance workout:):):p
I am actually looking forward to revisiting it in future.

Have you tried it?

I haven't done that premix but I did the 8 combo one from PRS2 and loved it. I love both these step workouts. I've done each several times as well. Cannot wait to get back to working out. I think one of these might be the first.

Now I want to try that premix. I also love both workouts, but it took awhile to learn for me as well.

I agree, that 73 minutes, 10-combo premix is excellent. A question for those who have done it and mastered PRS#1---does it make learning PRS#1 easier? I haven't had the guts to take out PRS#1 yet.

I've been working on learning IMAX 3. I got most of the combos down but tried the entire thing this morning---I decided to set it aside for another day and did Cross Fire after the first blast's choreography left me a little stymied (I'll get it w/time but to be honest, I would rather have just had a simple blast that I could put 100% into).

Hi Swimmer - PRS#1 is easier to get the hang of than IMax3! I avoided all step until I tried PRS#2 - and enjoyed it enough to persevere. (Honestly, I used to get confused during the step recovery basts in Tabatacise :eek: .)

SO - I decided I was going to conquer PRS#1. All I did was tack a combo onto the end of another workout - as a 'cool down'. I'd keep having to pause and watch, so I really was cooling down. I did this every day for a week. I did each combo about 4 times through. After I'd sort of got the hang of the first 3 combos, I started doing them together - eg combo 1 + 2.

Today I tried the finished product! Although it didn't look pretty, I could sort of do it.

The one thing I'd warn about, however, is that there are a lot of turns. I have to avoid some of them as it makes me feel quite dizzy. It's easy to modify, though.

I know I'm always going to be naturally better at the more 'macho' stuff, and I'll just have to accept that the 'girlie' stuff doesn't suit me. But I LOVE PRS#1 now.

Good luck.

PS I'm going to break down an Amy Bento workout in the same way over the coming weeks!

Justine

I agree, that 73 minutes, 10-combo premix is excellent. A question for those who have done it and mastered PRS#1---does it make learning PRS#1 easier? I haven't had the guts to take out PRS#1 yet.

I've been working on learning IMAX 3. I got most of the combos down but tried the entire thing this morning---I decided to set it aside for another day and did Cross Fire after the first blast's choreography left me a little stymied (I'll get it w/time but to be honest, I would rather have just had a simple blast that I could put 100% into).

Hi Swimmer,

To reply to your question i would not advise any 73 minutes premix attempt till you master both #1#2. You would get frustrated.

Instead:

• As justine advised do one or two combo a time. That being said the only combo i struggled with are #4and #5.
  • Count you step, this helps you to memorise.
  • You could use shorter premix too learning one combo at a time.

To avoid dizziness I made sure to keep my chin slightly upper glancing on the step instead of visually focusing too much where my feet where going.
For the turning combo you can just walk instead of turning and it works fine. You would not end up stepping out of synch at all. Be patient. Most of the time, we get frustrated because we want to get it perfect very quickly. Once you have mastered you are going to love it.

All the very best,

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the tips. That's the way I usually learn a new step tape (the tack-on a combo from the new one at the end of a regular w/o.) :) Great minds think alike.

I've already mastered the 73 minutes premix in PRS#2, which is why I asked whether that would help me with PSR#1. I'm not doing many of the spins because I don't want to end up on the floor. The one combo in PRS#1 looks like a recipe for a disaster (can't remember which number it is but it is not featured on the PRS#2 10-combo premix where you keep spinning around the step, on the floor).

Party Rockin Step!!!!

I haven't posted in a long time, but I did this PRS #2 today first time in a while and I have to say WOW! Why haven't I done this more often? I LOVE this workout! I guess because it hasn't come up in the rotations, but so glad it was on the calendar for today!:D Great workout!

Sherry

Hi, thanks for the tips. That's the way I usually learn a new step tape (the tack-on a combo from the new one at the end of a regular w/o.) :) Great minds think alike.

I've already mastered the 73 minutes premix in PRS#2, which is why I asked whether that would help me with PSR#1. I'm not doing many of the spins because I don't want to end up on the floor. The one combo in PRS#1 looks like a recipe for a disaster (can't remember which number it is but it is not featured on the PRS#2 10-combo premix where you keep spinning around the step, on the floor).

Hello Swimmer,

I think you will be fine with PRS#1. Please let us know How you get on. No doubt you will have fun as most of us:):):)

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did another premix from party rocking#1, it is a step mix prmx#3 This combine #1and #2.
It starts with some mambo dancing combo, then two power combo sneaks in between for some huff and puff:p:p:p
The prmx get wrapped up with a finisher consisting of all #1 party rocking. Total time an hour:eek::eek:
This is fun for us plyos and power lovers:):):). Loved it:):):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.