Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

hi girls! grateful for a sunny day here, though the wind is howling and the temp is probably about 40 degrees. today was slow and heavy legs and shoulders plus some core yoga. I am *so* sore in my chest and back from Monday! yikes! I am wondering what I will be like tomorrow from today's weights. I do really like this series-- I just wish it wasn't so long. today was 67 minutes, and I think the other two are about 63 mins. it makes it hard to add in other things. oh well. one more day from this workout to do on Friday (bis and tris). tomorrow I will probably do some HiiT again.

ladylep-- oh no! I am so sorry about the stomach bug! those are the worst. good for you on your workouts and eating! you are doing great (even while dealing with puke!) I dread afterburn, too! I hate the spider man crawls and most of the disc work that is horizontal, but I push/force myself through it. I think she labels that as all HiiT, if I am not mistaken? yes, I need to do B&G. maybe next week! glad you are having a nice day in spite of the sickness.

renee-- you are doing great on the workouts, too! how are things otherwise? missing your longer posts :).

hello Caitlin!

better run. need to fill out alec's graduation invites and take Nygel to the U for a chamber ensemble in about an hour.

katie

I think u did awesome on your workout lady Lep! When I did after burn the last time I did the premix that was 31 minutes and it was enough lol I know I kind of dread that one because it is more advanced then where I actually am right now, so I thought well i will do them premix that has all exercises one time through! That way I can really push myself to go hard because I don't have to repeat anything. That's what I didn't like was repeating everything. So the 31 or so minutes premix was actually fun! The next one I might try will be the one that goes through the workout exercises once then the second set again that might be away to brake up the dread in it.
Yes I love the music in BM 2! It makes me keep going! I agree the premixed are not that good in that one.
I hate your kids are sick again! Poor kids well and poor you! I know u worry about them when they are sick.
I saw Gods not dead and it was a great movie! It makes me think though about what's going on now! All the Christians getting killed is so scary and most of us act like its normal it seems! Our world is gone mad!! I see the news as post on Fb and the comments if someone wants to pray about it so many people hop on there to make fun of you if you are telling about God! It's so sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see this! You did do the single intervals!! Yes the staggered push-ups I think by the time I get to that point my wrists hurts.

Katie how exciting for Nigel! And Alec on the graduation as I am sure he is happy !!
You are doing great on your workouts as well!
I am doing okay. I feel like a constant ding bat however. At work I am still saying dumb things to co workers lol . It's just I don't know nerves still? I mostly am quiet and they are nice still but I still hate sounding so stupid.
Oh well I was told by a co worker that I look like I've lost a lot of weight!! Really? Wow lol that's cool. I haven't just the lost 8 pounds I gained while I got my hysterectomy. Hoping it will continue till I get to ideal!!
Well hope u both are doing well .
Last night I did IMAX 2 tonight I did cardio leg blast

BM2 timesaver cardio 43 min. So fun! I forgot how fun this was. But I wish there wasn't double of the first segment. I wish she had created extra step. [emoji4]

CDawg started throwing up this morning and is miserable. BM2 was a joy to do, made me sweat and put a smile on my face during this sick time for my kids.

People are on the mend over here. I took JTrain to volleyball practice and then Hubby took him to the Phillies game, 4 tickets from his boss. His brother and dad are going too. It will be cold!![emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️ no throw up for over 36 hours. Hopefully it won't spread anymore.

The boys are well enough for baseball tomorrow and we will be in separate directions and we only have one car at the moment. Hubby's needs a new fuel injector? I think that's what he said. Hopefully we will get it back before the games start. I need to get JTrain 45 min away by 11:15.

Today I did RWH Legs plus abs 1. Toughie! Lunges I can't stand, squats are ok but I really like dead lifts! I could do the plank jumps today! Rhodes are hard too. I've worked out 7-8 days in a row, tho some days have been lighter than others. I'm not sure if I'll get a wo in tomorrow or if I'll want to do something light or short or both! Yoga? Any on demand or Netflix yoga to recommend?

Off to cover my garden, frost again tonight. Hopefully they didn't die last night, I didn't get out there to cover them.

I thought we were on the mend but then Little K threw up again this morning!! Everyone else seems to be fine but I wonder if CDawg will get it a second time like B and Little K? Tomorrow, Hubby will brave church with the older boys. And get B and JTrain to there baseball games in the afternoon.

Today I was going to plan a rest day but ended up doing Max 30 pulse, thankfully no swearing. I mean really, is it necessary in a workout?? Tomorrow I think I'll do YogaMax unless someone can recommend a good one I can find on fios demand or YouTube, I'm not sure my cord will work in my new iPhone to connect to the basement TV for YouTube, unless someone knows how to connect YouTube to the Xbox? I think we get Nextflix in it, but there wasn't any yoga on there.

I've lost 2.5 pounds with MFP this week! But my husband's reunion is next Saturday, so I'm going to try the 21Dqy Fix Extreme Countdown to Competition food plan for a week, modified. It's basically carb cycling. Instead of doing 2 on 1 off for lower carbs and higher carbs, I'm going to just alternate. So MWF will be CTC and TThS will be 21day fix extreme days. Now the question is which workouts? Follow Autumn's format: plyo, upper, Pilates using a band, lower, cardio interval workout, dirty 30 (circuit?) and yoga. All 30 min, all wo's are 200-250 cal, except Pilates and yoga under 100 and upper is 173. I could do RWH: plyo HiiT, LIHI upper, ? Yogamax?, LIHI lower, low impact HiiT, Circuit, YogaRelax? Or follow a rotation, or keep going with my own: HiiT, upper, circuit, HiiT, lower, fun cardio, yoga or off, with room to change it up. I don't know, I keep changing it up to fit me. :). I do like the idea of having it planned out ahead of time and having them all be 30 -40 min, like it is with Max 30+abs. Or the scrambled RWH rotation. Has anyone done that and what were your results?

Gotta get to sleep, night all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lady Lep wow that is awesome you are down! I love the body max 2 cardio premix and another one that I love and is kind of like that is low impact circuit there is a cardio premix on that as well! Both are really fun!
I have not exercised since Thursday! I have ate like a pig and my mother n law came sat and left today. I liked her being here and I wish she'd have stayed longer but they are going to Alabama to visit more kids.
I am really upset about my job. It is a long story I'll try to go fast. But you all know how I said I love it and it is going great I finally found a good job?
Well it is almost a year now and all the sudden there is a girl there that is friends with the assistant that only works one day a week and she is there on Tuesdays but asked if I'd work for her so I did. I got there and this girl is graduating from. Dental school and she is shadowing me. See the girl that works on Tuesday is kin to my dr I work for. This girl shadowing me is her friend. A patient asked her if she was working there and she said she didn't know yet.
Well um first I heard. Anyway I didn't say anything I kept teaching her what I was doing and then this week Thursday my doctor says he wants to talk to me. So I go in the office and sit with him he says how do I think it's working out? I said I think it's good. He said no it's not.
What? Why ? Then he mentions stuff that happened this week after Tuesday on wed when I came in. Well I put wrong needle on the sure he and yes I did but I quickly changed it when I saw what happened and what it was is there is a cup of one and half inch needles there well I grabbed one out of there like always and it was the half inch needle and I do not know why it was in there it didn't belong. Yes I should have looked at it but It has never been mixed up before. He then mentioned a forced I went to get I was looking in wrong tray , yes I was because it was in the wrong tray! I told him I was in the correct tray however it was not there so I had to look in the other tray and he said well when I stuck my head in there i saw you had wrong tray out. So what ever then he said the cheating I need to learn that.. Yes of course I do where I used to work we did not chart we would write it out in treatment notes then go to computer and push in the services the computer did it. So this is paper charting and he goes to fast and he and I only chart four times in a year! So if we don't do it I can't get practice and he goes to fast. My thing is if he had a problem with me why wait a year to am say so! It would not bother me if he said I had things to work on but no he says it isn't working out like I am getting fired .. Makes me feel very stupid. I have been in dentist try since I. Was 23 or 24 so what should I do if I can't do this?! I am de aster. How many jobs will it take to find where I belong? I held a job for 12 years why have I had such a hard time the past 5 or 6 years now? Good it's always someone stabbing me in my back! I almost feel like someone is doing it on purpose. If he wants to hire this assistants friend all he has to do is say it. Not make me feel like shit

hi girls. renee, I am so sorry. to me it does sound like he just wants this other girl there, and is looking for a reason to let you go :-(. that is rotten. I don't think it is that you need to find a new career-- I bet you are are great at what you do. happy to hear you had good company from your MIL. sorry about the food stuff, but it happens to all of us. you will get back on track. sounds like you already have lost weight, too!

ladylep-- congrats on the weight loss and sorry for the puking! I love bryan kest, which you can purchase all three power yoga dvds streaming from amazon prime for around 8 bucks, I think. not sure if there is any yoga on Netflix? amazon prime has quite a bit, but I haven't tried them out yet.

today for me was low impact circuit. I sweat like crazy! I think I was worn out as we were at a wedding (my niece) last night until late and I never had dinner as there wasn't anything vegan there. so, crummy sleep and up to workout today. oh well, I still enjoyed it! yesterday was a rest day and Friday I finished out the slow and heavy series with bis and tris. that series gave me serious DOMS!

happy sunday all,

katie

Renee I'm so sorry! That sounds awful! Something doesn't "smell' right there. I hope you get it all sorted out and update your resume. Are you def done? Terrible.

I did yoga max today, with Little K climbing all over me. But after my shower I'm starting to not feel so hot. My stomach feels off and I have gone #2 3x since 1am[emoji20] I fear it's coming.

Several hours later! I am feeling better and I have completed my food prep for the next 2+ days! It took me about 3.5 hours because I had to feed early dinner to my family and clean that up. Then help find baseball clothes, etc.

Gotta make lemonade for the 2 that aren't play baseball!

Ok so I still didn't send this!

Below I've attached pictures of my prep! The first just the volume of food! The second shows 3 almost full days of the countdown to competition food plan, 1 carb, the rest fruits and veg. I ran out of veg for the dinner box, but I figure that would be easy to fill in. The last picture shows a reg 21 day fix day with 2 more half cup carbs, but I only sorted out snacks and lunch. So the plan I first though of going every other for the diff plans would have been too difficult on Wednesday when I as out for my first week in doing this. So I'm doing 2 days of CTC and then index of reg 21day fix. I plan on doing this for 5 days to start. Hubby has his reunion on Saturday. Then depending on how the first week went, I might go the full 21 days but it will be hard to do it at the reunion and the Saturday before Mother's Day is CHAP when we go to Harrisburg to find all the school curriculum for the following year!! I move that day! And then Mother's Day, but it is 3 weeks until Memorial Day!

So my wo plan (subject to change as with this entire plan as Aunt Flo is due Wed or Thurs):
Mon- plyo 1 abs 2
Tues-not sure but thinking about RWH CUB, maybe just w/o the blasts depending on my time
We'd- Pilates based abs
Thurs- RWH CLB, again depending on time maybe just w/o blasts again
Fri- X10 cardio circuit and abs from XTrain
Sat- crossfire maybe? Not sure what would compare to dirty 30, but I like crossfire and it's tough!

7bd96fcc3d01f0cfe7a6ce5db6a3fef7.jpg
3fbff757e25e27ed2bf824c634a637ba.jpg
4f65e8dcb4670ce101daff2e42f42ffd.jpg

Lady Lep your food looks really good! I think that looks great! I wish I can be that organized to do that. I love crossfire to! I did that one last week.
No lady Lep and Katie I am not fired yet no but the way he put it like he said "it isn't working out!" And he said he was "looking over my resume again and he should have paid attention when he hired me there are things on there that I don't have enough experience in. " like the chair side. Well he knew that I told him that! I was expanded duties meaning I set up the rooms for procedures and did all x rays on patients I did the impressions and I did the temporary crowns and put the cotton retraction around the gingiva during he crown preps. I didn't suck spit all day. I was up doing stuff for three dentist. I wanted to be a chair side and that is why I applied there. I told him he knew that. He said well he thought I knew more like charting. I told him the charting was what we did but it was in computer. I have a feeling that if he gets ready to do a procedure now I will start to get stuff out and he will change it up on me to make me look like crap now just to have reason to fire me. I just feel like I have no way to win now. So I am just going in tomorrow to be humiliated I think. I feel like just telling him of your wonderful fav assistant wants u to hire her friend just say so and don't hurt my well being and crush someone spirit! So I just hope I can hold it together not cry, and not get mad. Just take it and act like he is a nut. I would love to just laugh at him and let him KNOW I'm some way I KNOw what he is doing. And somehow really not let it get into my head.
Patients of his all has made comments that they really like me. And told him she is great! I really like her. Some are so scared and I hold there hands they are surprised! Said no one ever did that and it helped! Really? I thought that was what we are suppose to do was comfort them. Well whatever he wants someone else whatever. I'll do my best and pray God puts a special protection on me tomorrow.
I also love low impact circuit Katie!
Today I did do muscle max! I am at catches weights in this one now! Well except the barbell I am five pounds lighter but with the dumb bells I did go as heavy as Cathe! That was first time ever! Yea at least something went right!

So quick update here: plyo HiiT 1 with abs 2 I think that's right, no step and no weights, I still think that is the toughest wo I've ever done! More so than any Max 30 workouts! And I kept to my food plan today! And since Hubby had off we went to a local state park and went hiking and played this "gravel" hide and go seek with your eyes closed on the slides and jungle gym of the playground there. Great fun day! Today was the carb depletion day as will tomorrow and then Wednesday will be more carbs, 3 half cup portions instead of just one and a few more things I can have.

hi girls! so tired today! did get in RWH CBS and a walk with bugsy. yesterday I did low impact hiit 1 scrambled, plus bryan kest power yoga for weight loss and raked the front yard. have been so busy with everything going on with the kids. they have multiple performances coming up for the end of school year, alec has his senior recital and there is his graduation/open house party to plan. as of right now, he is the valedictorian of his class and will have to give the speech. just feeling a little overwhelmed this time of year-- plus we need to get in the kids' applications for the summer program at the U of M and there is imala's trip to philly and alec's to Italy to plan for.

ladylep-- that is so amazing that you have all your meals set! I would never be so organized! way to go on the weight loss! I think plyo 1 is incredibly tough, as well. I have been sticking to the low impact hiits lately after my foot issues, but may try that one again soon. the last plyo I did was the scrambled of 1 and 2. sounds like you and your husband had a fun day!

renee-- I am so sorry for the crud at work. your boss sounds like he is being very shady and dishonest to me. I hope your day went okay! congrats on matching cathe's weights! I don't have muscle max-- maybe I need to get that one?

hope you all have a good night!

katie

Katie- boy you do sound busy! But you must be one proud Mamma!

This morning I did RWH CLB and it was tough more in the sense that I felt low on energy. It must be due to the lower calories. I only had 1200-1300 yesterday and today looks like it will be the same. But after about half way thru, I felt better and was able to finish.

My BB "coach" thinks it's because the low calories and I'm not doing Shakeology.....of course. She thinks I don't know the proper measurements since I've only gotten them from he Internet.

I have re prep for the next 3 days at least some tonight. Not really looking forward to it!

hi girls! busy, busy, but wanted to check in. today for me was RWH LIHI legs plus yoga and a long walk with bugsy. yesterday I did RWH low impact HiiT 2 scrambled premix plus an hour of bryan kest power yoga. the weather has been perfect here, so I have been able to get out and I am grateful for that (as is bugsy!).

ladylep-- great job on the workout! I think on that low of calories I would be low energy, too! I am that way on all that I eat many a time! we are busy, but yes, I am proud, too :). what is re prep? hope whatever it is, it is going well!

renee-- how are things for you? I hope work is okay and your boss is being better to you!

going to watch midsomer murders :).

peace,

katie

Katie- re prep. I just meant I have to prep again all my meals. :)

I was up to midnight last night prepping veggies and proteins. Today at lunch I did sweet potatoes for my daily carb. The chicken I mad last night is awesome!!! Chicken thighs with various spices.

Wednesday I did Pilates inspired abs, yesterday at 9:45pm I did RWH CUB and today I did X10 Cardio Blast and XTrain core 1.

hi girls. today was plyo hiit 1 plus abs 1 and 30 mins of shiva rea yoga. my feet survived! they weren't even painful, really. not sure if it's from the socks or because I have laid off plyo for a while and given them a chance to heal/rest. anyway, I was grateful! think I need to bring the fans up from the basement, though. it felt super sweaty in here today-- yesterday was in the mid 80s and doing that sort of cardio, I need a fan!

ladylep-- oh, I gotcha! that would be so time intensive! kudos to you for doing it, as I know I never would! and working out at 9:45?? I am falling asleep by then, typically :p.

renee-- hope you are doing well!

hello to Caitlin, if she is around!

have a good sunday!

katie

hi girls! quick check in from me. yesterday was xtrain CBS plus core 1 and some yoga. my abs are sore today from that one! haven't done it in a long time! today was hard strikes no conditioning and 31 mins of yoga. my ankles and feet were sore now today during HS. guess I am trying too much impact in a week :-(. I thought after doing just upper body yesterday that I would be fine, but learned a lesson. oh, and have some DOMS in my shoulders from yesterday, too, but not so much in my chest or back.

hello ladylep and renee! hope you both are doing well! renee-- how is work going? ladylep-- hoping everyone is healthy over there!

oh, and today I planted an herb garden outside. we don't have much sun, so I am hoping they will grow and the bunnies will leave them until the plants at least get a little bigger.

good night all!

katie

Haven't had much time this week CHAP (PA Homeschool Convention) in Harrisburg and I'm not ready. I will be but it will be a late night tonight! Of course grammar/writing is where I'm not sure...again.

Saturday I did CF triple tabata
Sunday OFF
Monday RWH Low Impact 2 abs 1, I think both had weights
Tuesday RWH LIHI Legs
Yesterday Ab Circuits yoga inspired abs
Today's plan supper body something. I would I've to keep it to 30-40 min. So that could may LIHI no finishers for either but then I wouldn't hit all the muscles. Or I could do PUB just up premix. But I'm not sure what time I will have. I forgot my paperwork that I brought to work on after the class I teach so that stinks. And after GHS (our co op) I need to take the car in to check out the blower before I go tomorrow.

I've gained and lost this week but I'm sill down about 6 from about 2.5 weeks ago. Food has been ok. I've still been prepping like a nut but I went overboard on Tuesday and yesterday I had some chocolate chips. Tonight I need to make brownies for our last volleyball social/graduation. So drive 1.5-2hrs to Harrisburg for CHAP and then back home for about an hour to unload and then drive further east 45 min. Only to head back to Harrisburg on Saturday. Tomorrow I go with B and Saturday I go with Hubby.

Katie- I was thinking about Hard Strikes yesterday when Little K brought out his boxing gloves! That one had such great music!! I think I like the music more than the workout!!

Hi Renee!

Got in RWH LIHI back biceps shoulders premix with no finishers, I wanted a 30 min wo and I can't do the finishers!! RWH low impact 2 abs 1 on tap for tomorrow, if I can wake up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.