Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Today I did Low Max (Intervals 4-7 Premix), STS disc 24, and Stretch Max # 2. I've missed Low Max :) That might be my favorite.

Last week turned into a mostly recovery week for me, that's why I've been MIA...

Today I did step blast, always a fun one!

Step Blast is fun! I hope you had a nice recovery week, Cendrine.

Today I did STS disc 23. Last week I had to take many breaks during that one, but this week I did much better. I was feeling stronger, which surprised me. Maybe it's because I know I have next week off from STS, LOL!

I did PUB and abs today.

I have been thinking about next month's rotation, can't believe how fast these months go by! I think I'm going to do a modified sts round. I'll be starting just as you are finishing up! Glad you were feeling stronger doing disk 23 this time! I'm going to start light and I will do legs twice a week, and play a bit with the upper body by making them a bit shorter to be able to add in a short cardio workout as well. I'm kind of looking forward to it!

Today I did Party Rockin' Step 2 and Pilates Abs.

That sounds like a good rotation, Cendrine. I decided I will modify meso 3 for lower body by substituting lower body workouts from other Cathe series. I'm hoping that will give me some ideas of which strength series I'd like to try after STS. I'm really excited to explore them!

It will be fun for you to do various of Cathe's strength dvds... How to choose! I'm trying to think of which one I really like. I'm not sure I can... Lol! Gym style and pyramid are nice, but then I really like most anything she has done.

I did PLB today. Yesterday I was at the acupuncturist and my hair analysis came back. It shows nutrient deficiencies and helps narrow down what your body needs. I came up with things that affet the function of thyroid and adrenals. Not a huge surprise. Apparently I should limit my workouts to walking, stretching, yoga, that kind of thing, while healing.... I just don't think I can do that! If it was just for a month, I might comply, but we're looking at at least six months... Some other books I've read on the subject allow some more strenuous, but typically under thirty minutes... So my whole excitment of the new rotation I came up is a bit quenched.... I might still do the weights just shorter and lighter spurts and couple that with walking. Not sure yet.

Workout today was CTX step and intervals. I haven't done this one in years. It's pretty good, especially when short for time.

I did Sts total body today. I'm still mulling over what I'm going to do for workouts next month. Part of me thinks it can't be hindering progress that much to work out at least a little, the other part of me is thinking, will I sabotage my other efforts by being stubborn... Can't believe its such an issue for me...

How are you doing, Amy?

Today I did Cathe Live (2014 Road Trip All Step), and I did the new Cathe Live (Step Sweat) on Thursday. I'm on my STS break.

I was tired all week because my sleep habits got a little off course, but I made up for it today with a big nap.

I would think it would be difficult to not work out at least a little, especially for 6 months. It seems to me that taking that much time off from lifting weights would lead to atrophy. Maybe you could split up STS total body into something like a 3-day split so you can keep it under 30 minutes (just to maintain muscle mass).

How fun that you got to do a road trip workout! Was it similar to anything on DVD?

I agree with you, I think I'm going to work on maintenance while keeping things shorter. I did sts legs disc 3. I think I'll just do shorter sets of the full workouts and easier cardio for now.

The road trip video was an all cardio interval workout (but not super high-intensity intervals) with no weights.

Today I did RWH Low Impact 2 with Bonus Abs 2. It's been forever since I did RWH, and I did much better than I remember doing before. I didn't really need any breaks, but I took one to refill my water glass.

Nice job on your improvement on RWH ! It's so nice when you can tell improvement!

It did a shorter version of sts disc 1.

Thanks! It is nice to see an improvement. Today I did Step Moves and took a short walk. The weather was beautiful, so I had to get outside for a little bit. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice during the day, so I'll have to try to sneak in a lunchtime walk. How did the shorter version of STS go?

I walked today too. The shorter sts version went well. I should add that I also do it lighter as well as shorter, basically with maintenance in mind rather than building more muscle right now. I try to gauge it by getting a nice warmth and stop fairly soon once the warmth turns to burn. I figured that would be an ok compromise.

DD is going to an April fools party today, crazy dress, crazy hair, crazy food. The hair will probably take us the longest... Lol! I'm supposed to bring a crazy snack, and since most of the girls at the party are some kind of "free" I had to search a while to come up with a fun snack that didn't have sugar or gluten or dairy. But I'm making mini burgers today, banana slices topped with sesame seeds for buns, chopped almond, honey, cacao paste for burger patty and Granny Smith Apple peel for lettuce... And the Apple gets cut into fries, tossed in cinnamon to make it look like real spiced fires...

I went for a short walk today, but I almost didn't because almost all of my neighbors had their lawns sprayed this morning and it was very windy. So I waited until the end of the day. I also did the low-intensity step cardio from 4 Day Split.

Your STS compromise sounds like a good one. Those mini burgers and fries sound delicious!

I had the worst inflammatory response last time I got exposed to spray! I'm glad you were able to wait a little. I love 4dsplit cardio!
I did disc 2 today.
The mini burgers and fries were a hit! They also looked really cute and dh thought they were real mini sliders when he first saw them.

I swear my neighbors care more about their lawns than their health. One of them had her windows open all day so the spray could blow into her house. And it smells terrible.

I did Athletic Step today. I originally had STS scheduled to start back up on Friday, but when I postponed everything a day the last 2 weeks of STS, I realized that I preferred that schedule. So I will keep the schedule Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday.

It is a mistery why so many people in a world so full of easily attainable knowledge, continue making self destructive choices.... I can't believe the stuff smelled horrible and she still left her window open...!

I did sts disc 3 for round two of this week.

Sts leg disc 6 today.

I hope you had a good Easter weekend. I made some healthy chocolate bunnies for the kids. It tired me out! Lol!
I would post a picture but I can't figure out how... The picture is on my iPad, but the forum wants URL ... Not that savy...

Today I did Pyramid Lower Body instead of STS. That was a great workout!

I hope you had a good Easter weekend too. I didn't do much for Easter. I mostly just spent the day cleaning. I'm on a diet break, so I had some sweets. I remembered that I have no self-control around cupcakes. At least I didn't buy a lot of them :)

I've never tried to post a picture on the forum, so I have no idea how to do it either.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.