upcoming workouts?

I agree with Val!
Maybe mix it up have a series like x train and STS and low impact
I mean I like STS concept but I would love more either split weights or total body like you can have two total body weight DVDs and then two low impact cardio DVD and two high impact DVD one step DVD and two metoblic weight training DVD and one HIIT DVD and one yoga DVD!! That would give so many options and everyone would have what they want and it would give a rotation to hit every body part with weights two times get a HIIT in once a week and a step in and low impact to give your feet a brake and get a high impact in fire fun and a MWT in once a week that would be the perfect week rotation !! I think.. Lol

I would LOVE a new weight program. Maybe 2 upper body weights with a new total body workout. Basically anything weights would be nice. She has plenty of splits but just a few dedicated to either total body or just upper body. Matter of fact, I can only think of 2 dedicated upper body weight workouts, Pyramid and Tri Sets Upper Body. I am hoping whatever she announces, it will be awesome!

Considering Cathe has just released THE classic series for HiiT and heavy lifting, it would be nice to see her now take a total departure from this into something else, to keep appealing to the totality of her fan base. There's more than one way to work the body, and that changes as we get older. I too like the classes listed here as on offer at Cathe's gym: innovative combinations just to keep it interesting.

Clare

I am ready for more....

PUB/PLB!!! Just do it!!!!

I also want hiit mixed in with heavy lifting upper and lower body (a new one).

I want a new slow & heavy and I would love Cathe's live Upper Body + Core on DVD. That is one of her toughest for me. It moves fast and I feel wiped at the end. I think I've done it three times already.

I am not a fan of step workouts - but I like athletic step.

That said, I do not want to wait 8 mths for a new series. Honestly, I think her wait times are ridiculous. By the time the dvd's arrive, I've lost interest and they become just like all the rest on my shelves. Sure, her workouts are great. They are also worth waiting for but I just don't think I should have to. I think Cathe announces her new workouts wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too early. Cathe is my fitness hero so much that someone called me Cathe at work today as a joke. I still don't think I should have to wait 8 mths for a new product. Just my two cents.

I am ready for more....

I also want hiit mixed in with heavy lifting upper and lower body (a new one).

I want a new slow & heavy and I would love Cathe's live Upper Body + Core on DVD. That is one of her toughest for me. It moves fast and I feel wiped at the end. I think I've done it three times already.

I am not a fan of step workouts - but I like athletic step.

That said, I do not want to wait 8 mths for a new series. Honestly, I think her wait times are ridiculous. By the time the dvd's arrive, I've lost interest and they become just like all the rest on my shelves. Sure, her workouts are great. They are also worth waiting for but I just don't think I should have to. I think Cathe announces her new workouts wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too early. Cathe is my fitness hero so much that someone called me Cathe at work today as a joke. I still don't think I should have to wait 8 mths for a new product. Just my two cents.

YES! Would love to see another Pyramid series! (Like I need MORE workouts to choose from, LOL. But I'm addicted and don't care. I always want more.)

Athletic Step is so much fun. I'd actually like to see an updated version of Step Max. For some reason I gravitate to that one older step workout, but it would be enjoyable to get a bit of a new Cathe twist to something very much like it.

I'd like to see a Turbo Barre/heavy weight-training hybrid workout, if that makes any sense. Like a heavy set of squats followed by barre work, either for the quads to totally burn them out, or for hamstrings to balance the squats out. Or maybe a standing Pilates/weight-training hybrid workout? THAT would be fun. No matter what, I want weight-training! :D

And I still want my hour-long old-school workout. A five minute floor warm-up, a half-hour of old-school floor aerobics (four-limb and hi/lo with WEIGHTS used in it, pretty please), twenty minutes of good hard floorwork, and a five minute stretch for every body part worked at the end. I know, I'm a relic. ;)

I would love Cathe's live Upper Body + Core on DVD. That is one of her toughest for me. It moves fast and I feel wiped at the end. I think I've done it three times already.

CeciFifi, I share your Live Upper Body + Core addiction. I have also done it multiple times and have to force myself to not do that workout so I don't burn out on it! That workout leaves me with a pump like no other. My arms are (temporarily) like Popeye's by the end, which is a very difficult thing for me to achieve with my lanky body type.

So yes, something that contains a workout similar to Live UB + Core. Even better, what about Intensity Series Part 2 (or a new knock-off of that series)? PUB/PLB are go-to's for me, Imax 2 is the best of the Imaxes, Boot Camp is terrific fun (and I would love a modern metabolic twist on this), and Muscle Endurance is one of my fave total body/high rep workouts!

Honestly, I will buy whatever Cathe produces but, as Clare mentioned, some variety from the RWH type of heavy training and HiiT would be nice for the next project.

Lisa

Lol...PUB/PLB an updated version would be a bliss:)
I am getting all my increments ready lol joking:D

I'd like to see a Turbo Barre/heavy weight-training hybrid workout, if that makes any sense. Like a heavy set of squats followed by barre work, either for the quads to totally burn them out, or for hamstrings to balance the squats out. Or maybe a standing Pilates/weight-training hybrid workout? THAT would be fun. No matter what, I want weight-training! :D

I like this suggestion of yours very much. Yes combining heavy and turbo professionally produced by cathe
would be awesome. I am readily happy to go a long zero impact, high reps ballet, barre freshly,safely and ethically made.;)
I would love love love cathe style on barre. I loved turbo:)

oh my goodness, so many suggestion, please keep them coming, keeping a healthy positive vibe.:)

Here is the blog for Time Under Tension: http://cathe.com/time-under-tension-the-stimulus-for-all-muscle-growth
I was reading this paragraph: "Don’t use this technique every time you train. One or two super-slow sessions a week is enough to get the benefits without overtraining. You can even incorporate a few super-slow sets into your regular workout for variety. Don’t forget about the importance of “changing things up.” Ultimately, you want to use a variety of rep cadences and advanced training techniques like partial reps, supersets, pyramiding, drop sets etc. Don’t let your muscles get too “comfortable” by establishing an unchanging routine. Modify your routine regularly or periodize it to expose your muscles to varying levels of stimulation." It made me think of Cathe doing an all weight series and she can call it Time Under Tension. She could do one or two full body workouts devoted to this super slow training and then incorporate additional weight training full body, such as pyramid, etc. We have plenty of cardio choices from Cathe (although I'd love to see her take on a low impact walking workout jazzed up similar to what Jessica Smith does with hers, definitely not boring). But a total weight training transformation system would be awesome!

What would be awesome (and would cover a lot of weightlifting requests) is a dvd with all the main lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench presses etc. Cathe could perform various reps at various speeds, which are chaptered (eg 8 reps, or slow count, etc). The pre-mixes could then be made to use the chapters for lots and lots of different types of lifting workouts. For example, lower body pyramids, total body high reps, upper body tempo, chest drop sets etc etc.

It would also be super-awesome if there were finishers, core and cardio moves in there. Can you imagine the variety of workouts which could be made???? From one dvd???

Anyway...it probably isn't technically possible ;)

What would be awesome (and would cover a lot of weightlifting requests) is a dvd with all the main lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench presses etc. Cathe could perform various reps at various speeds, which are chaptered (eg 8 reps, or slow count, etc). The pre-mixes could then be made to use the chapters for lots and lots of different types of lifting workouts. For example, lower body pyramids, total body high reps, upper body tempo, chest drop sets etc etc.

It would also be super-awesome if there were finishers, core and cardio moves in there. Can you imagine the variety of workouts which could be made???? From one dvd???

Anyway...it probably isn't technically possible ;)

Throw some body weight exercises in there, and a few heavy weight compound exercises, and I would love it. I loved the music in XTrain. More music like that, Please.

Last edited:
Yes I loved the music in Xtrain to and the DVDS after that the ones that had option to use instrumental if they wanted? I mean I love LIS and I respect others who love instrumental music and respect Cathe so much however I want so much to do afterburn but it is super hard and I love that and want to do it but that music drives me bonkers so it would be awesome if you can do afterburn 2 cardio supersets 2 and have music like Xtrain or rock out knockout?! I mean I did do a premix of 1-10 of afterburn and I can take it that way lol. But I would really love a new afterburn and CSS. Another one I love as is is Muscle Max I agree we need more of these total body weights workouts! I think we only have push pull and muscle max, and STS TB that are heavy if I'm not mistaken.
I'd love to be able to do a total body twice a week. Or split upper body and lower. I do not really like doing just bis and tris or back chest and shoulders and it be so long. If I am doing 50 minutes or more I'd like to work more then two or three muscle groups. Because I want to work my muscles twice a week. Is that making sense?
I also agree with having an updated version of step jam or one of those step workouts. With awesome music! I really love the music in IMAX 2 and 3!
I hope you are reading these Cathe!! Thanks for all you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and more yoga or stretch dvd!! Cathe your voice is very soothing and I love the music you pick for the togas to they are wonderfully relaxing! And the stretch DVDS? I have those to they are all awesome! Would love if you can do one that is more for restorative like hold the stretches longer and more floor work yoga to relax before bed to help us sleep![emoji18]. I am not sure what it is called other then restorative yoga maybe zen yoga but I did one on YouTube and it was really nice you do hip openers and back openers and deep breathing and hold the poses and relax into them and it opens up the connective tissues and restores and rejuvenates the body and relaxes the mind. Helped me with tension headaches !!

Yes I loved the music in Xtrain to and the DVDS after that the ones that had option to use instrumental if they wanted? I mean I love LIS and I respect others who love instrumental music and respect Cathe so much however I want so much to do afterburn but it is super hard and I love that and want to do it but that music drives me bonkers so it would be awesome if you can do afterburn 2 cardio supersets 2 and have music like Xtrain or rock out knockout?! I mean I did do a premix of 1-10 of afterburn and I can take it that way lol. But I would really love a new afterburn and CSS. Another one I love as is is Muscle Max I agree we need more of these total body weights workouts! I think we only have push pull and muscle max, and STS TB that are heavy if I'm not mistaken.
I'd love to be able to do a total body twice a week. Or split upper body and lower. I do not really like doing just bis and tris or back chest and shoulders and it be so long. If I am doing 50 minutes or more I'd like to work more then two or three muscle groups. Because I want to work my muscles twice a week. Is that making sense?
I also agree with having an updated version of step jam or one of those step workouts. With awesome music! I really love the music in IMAX 2 and 3!
I hope you are reading these Cathe!! Thanks for all you do!

Music is SO important to a workout DVD's longevity. It isn't a live workout- you're doing it over and over, so the music needs to be well-done. (IMHO.) I was doing Legs and Glutes yesterday. It is not an easy workout if one heavies up! But the music is so good (to my ears, anyway) that it pushes me through to the end with relative ease. But some of Cathe's workouts, wonderfully designed as they all are, have either incredibly nondescript music or it simply isn't my style. I have to be honest- I just won't reach for those workouts much, if at all.

And not following the beat...oy vey. Cathe, I love you but please, no more off-the-beat stuff! It makes me nuts. All right, my rant for the day is over, LOL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.